• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When is Mysticism Going to be Fixed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, you win...when all you do is chug. You got so upset after I beat you in 15 seconds no pots you tried to rk me twice and attack me on mount. I think my point was proven.
Do you mean to say that a person pinging 15 vs. a person pinging 80+ is going to be even in a duel? First off, I have to blind cast...second...I have to deal with the lag...hence the reason I said lets field fight. Third, what happened each time we field fought...you died. Fourth, I only have 90 int cursed...do you think that extra sdi you carry in a duel makes a difference?

Again, you died...4 times...get over it. If I pinged 15...sure I would duel...but we deal with the hand we were dealt.

Oh and btw, I only went for the RK because you decided to have a rage fit after you died. Try to be more respectful of others and perhaps they may tell you *good fight* instead of *kal vas flam*.

Your point? You can duel like a champ with 15 ping...some of us though do not have that luxury. In a field situation (which is what my char is built for) I will win hands down every time...unless you decide to run...again.

Anyway, I will stick with my original point. Mysticism gives another opportunity to mages to level the playing field... No longer do mages have to cower away against running shot archers...dread mages...dread archers...ect ect ect.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's wrong with field PvP?

Maybe because anyone with half a brain can walk away from the noobish MA/NB spam (which is why I said only noobs die to SP NB/MA spam).

In a dueling situation which makes mage duels truely ******** especially when one of the duelist is constantly doing the spam. Dueling is also the PERFECT setup for the spam-tactics... however on a field fight, anyone with IQ better than half of a monkey can avoid that ******-ness very very easily.

Also even 15ms ping vs 40ms ping has very noticeably casting speed difference in a duel. I play on west and east coast servers, on west where I ping 10-20ms avg, everything is nice and quick, and when I play on Cheesy and I ping 100ish, my cursor doesnt come up until .5 to 1 second AFTER i've finished casting something (however with last target I can release the spell before the cursor comes up due to lag).

People who never has to deal with lags really has zero clue.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's wrong with field PvP?

Maybe because anyone with half a brain can walk away from the noobish MA/NB spam (which is why I said only noobs die to SP NB/MA spam).

In a dueling situation which makes mage duels truely ******** especially when one of the duelist is constantly doing the spam. Dueling is also the PERFECT setup for the spam-tactics... however on a field fight, anyone with IQ better than half of a monkey can avoid that ******-ness very very easily.

Also even 15ms ping vs 40ms ping has very noticeably casting speed difference in a duel. I play on west and east coast servers, on west where I ping 10-20ms avg, everything is nice and quick, and when I play on Cheesy and I ping 100ish, my cursor doesnt come up until .5 to 1 second AFTER i've finished casting something (however with last target I can release the spell before the cursor comes up due to lag).

People who never has to deal with lags really has zero clue.
Thank you. At least you understand what I mean by blindcasting on a shard a person pings high to...I suppose the others prob do too but would rather not discuss it. :)

Cheers and good eve to you...im off to bed.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your point? You can duel like a champ with 15 ping...some of us though do not have that luxury. In a field situation (which is what my char is built for) I will win hands down every time...unless you decide to run...again.

Anyway, I will stick with my original point. Mysticism gives another opportunity to mages to level the playing field... No longer do mages have to cower away against running shot archers...dread mages...dread archers...ect ect ect.
I play on two connections. One at 7 ping and the other at 35-45. I win duels regardless of what connection I'm on. I don't let 30 ms be an excuse for why I lost like some people. Also, chugging agility/strength pots with a hit fireball bokuto to set off spell plague and chugging every cure and heal as soon as possible doesn't make you good, it just makes you desperate. Way to lower the bar for PvPers everywhere. :thumbup1:

You just take advantage of every broken aspect of PvP in game.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pvp on GL is nothing but spell plague. If its group fights its just a bunch of mystics casting spell plague over and over waiting for one of the nervestrikers to get a hit in. If its 1v1 its either spell plague MA NB spam or precasted plagues on nervestrikers. For everyone claiming its made mages compete that a completely flase arguement. All its done is bring mages down to archer or other easy to play templates levels. When mages were 4/6 it wasnt right, when mages had an overpowered word of death it wasnt right, when armor ignores and criticals were insane it didnt make it right and the current state of mysticism isnt right. UO has always had its gimp templates whether its intentional or not but it amazes me how we constantly have to wait thru these crap eras of pvp. Noone plays a mage anymore. If they do the main ways of killing certainly are not thru mage spells.

They need to make it so that melee does not work in conjunction with plague, and plague should not stack with damage unless the damage comes from the player that casted the plague. Also nether bolt and magic arrow shouldnt have the timing they do now. Its pointless to try to disrupt it since even if it is disrupted it just immediately re spammed. Playing a Mystic is not playing a mage. Its simply another crap era of pvp we all have to endure. Thing is, if mysticism wasnt so lame right now and it wasnt so easy for hiders to hide, pvp would actually be pretty solid. Archers might be a little lame but if mana bonuses for skills that make no sense were removed UO pvp would actually be pretty good instead of the dice roll, template of the month system we are currently going thru.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on two connections. One at 7 ping and the other at 35-45. I win duels regardless of what connection I'm on. I don't let 30 ms be an excuse for why I lost like some people. Also, chugging agility/strength pots with a hit fireball bokuto to set off spell plague and chugging every cure and heal as soon as possible doesn't make you good, it just makes you desperate. Way to lower the bar for PvPers everywhere. :thumbup1:

Oh so you basically made excuses on how reasonable it is for the fact you to get your balls crushed... hmmkay

Hypocrite?

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh so you basically made excuses on how reasonable it is for the fact you to get your balls crushed... hmmkay

Hypocrite?
My balls have no place in this conversation.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

excuse? some of us arent privaledged with a perfect connection...but obviously you are hiding behind it.

only a fool would try to blindcast through the difference of 90 ping...

I would love to see how you do with 90 ping tacked on you connection. If you want to try it sometime...lets head on over to a west coast shard...and see how well a pinglet like you will do.

again, in an even field setting...you lose...period. blame it on my wep, my pots, your apples, anything you like...not my fault you are a VERY POOR LOSER.

good day...

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think is more easily achievable...a fight without a gank on a red factioner...or a fight without a gank on a blue.

4 shards I play factions...I have 12 reds on varying shards...and another 20 blue mages.

Sorry if the logic is lost to you with regards to wanting and getting 1vs1s...

Until arena comes out...have to be selective of when and where you get fights.

btw, out of curiosity...do you play any chars solo on atl at yew gate? prob not :)
I only play GL, and you don't stand a chance.

K

KoolAidAddict

Seriously, every single mage vs mage fight there is ends up as a magic arrow nether bolt spam fest. This is not mage pvp, nor is it even a little fun. It is simply ruining what mage PvP used to be, and I am dumbfounded as to why this has not been fixed.
Im sorry, but, this needs to be fixed how, exactly?
I mean, what, limit someones template choices?
But Im guessing not yours tho, right?

Pffttt, nothing to see here.....move along!

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atl, Cats, Pac, LA.

Still butthurt eh?
Interesting being as you play a blubie on Atl.

Im sorry, but, this needs to be fixed how, exactly?
Make magic arrow and nether bolt cancel as magic arrow magic arrow does. Wow, it's amazing what one can achieve with just a little brain power.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting being as you play a blubie on Atl.
Seeing as how I like to get 1vs1's on Atlantic most of the time I do play there, it is conducive to be not only blue but non-faction when seeking these fights.

Think about it, if I fought you on a factioner, you would have been in stat for 20 minutes after your first ass kicking . Now put it to rest, mmk mr. blue factioner. At least grow some cahones and go red! :lol:

Make magic arrow and nether bolt cancel as magic arrow magic arrow does. Wow, it's amazing what one can achieve with just a little brain power.
Are you crying again? Sure reads like it.

rareitem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously , any people saying that Mysticism is ok is just because they play a Mystic.
Do we all have to change our templates to Mystics to make you see what is going wrong??.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously , any people saying that Mysticism is ok is just because they play a Mystic.
Do we all have to change our templates to Mystics to make you see what is going wrong??.
Well, lets see, people did that with archery for five years...and it didn't work.
Obviously the mysticism problem is not as bad as that but it does need some tweaking.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I played for years was a straight scribe mage. If you can tell me they hold any water to ANY of the twink temps out there, please feel free to fill us in.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but if I remember correctly...mysticism was originally tied to eval...but people complained...and so the dexxer mystic was born.

Fast forward to today...these same people who were complaining about mysticism being tied to eval are now the same group crying about it being tied to focus.

It seems there is no way to win at this game. Fix one thing, someone cries...two things get broken.

Want to take away mysticism as a viable option for mages? alright, then tie specials to eval for them...bump up sdi from 15% to 30. As things were, it was archers and tamers online before mysticism came along...

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want to take away mysticism as a viable option for mages? alright, then tie specials to eval for them...bump up sdi from 15% to 30. As things were, it was archers and tamers online before mysticism came along...
You're the one who seems to hold a grudge against dexxers because I guess you would always get owned by them. Dexxers have never really been difficult to fight on a mage, which you would realize if you were any good. The only reason you defend mysticism is because it made you 10x better than you should be, which is the case with nearly everyone else that uses it. You know it's true, I know it's true, let's end this little quarrel between you and I and move on. I didn't start this thread to listen to you make up fallacies because you're scared of them nerfing it.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Q: Are there any plans to balance mysticism so that other mage templates can also be effective in PvP?

Mesanna: We were just talking about this very subject yesterday, yes were are a few plans to adjust mysticism. Stay tuned for updates
All I can say is uh-oh...rolleyes:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're the one who seems to hold a grudge against dexxers because I guess you would always get owned by them. Dexxers have never really been difficult to fight on a mage, which you would realize if you were any good. The only reason you defend mysticism is because it made you 10x better than you should be, which is the case with nearly everyone else that uses it. You know it's true, I know it's true, let's end this little quarrel between you and I and move on. I didn't start this thread to listen to you make up fallacies because you're scared of them nerfing it.
With pots, apples, faction bandaids...and gimp templates...pure mages have taken a back seat for years.

Again though, interesting to see someone who got their ass handed to them talk smack about who is good at what.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hurry restroom I want to beat you while it's overpowered!
If it gets nerfed, I will gladly school you old school. I am in no hurry though, takes time to build a char without cheating. You will get yours though, the same as LS Jax...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I have to say to the devs on this subject is this: When comes to PvP and everyone including their DOG is running a certain skill, you KNOW its extremely overpowered.

The newness has worn off. No one is running the skill because its new and they are curious how it works. THEY KNOW how it works and they KNOW its OVERPOWERED and want to pwn face for however long it lasts.

So, yes... Mysticism... please fix it! Its time.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I have to say to the devs on this subject is this: When comes to PvP and everyone including their DOG is running a certain skill, you KNOW its extremely overpowered.

The newness has worn off. No one is running the skill because its new and they are curious how it works. THEY KNOW how it works and they KNOW its OVERPOWERED and want to pwn face for however long it lasts.

So, yes... Mysticism... please fix it! Its time.
Well again, what would you suggest?

1) mysticism allows mages a chance to compete on a template aside from a tamer mage. Apples, enhanced bandaids, potions all made other temps such as necro pointless.

2) before mysticism, templates like tamer mages, tamer archers, and archer fencers were running rampant...none of those were really fixed. you mention everyone and their mom plays a mystic...yet I still see these other templates running amok.

3) mages hardly have the ability now to do enough damage to interrupt a bandage. if anyone should consider making changes, don't you think mages should have a chance to interrupt bandaids again? without adjusting the current rate of SDI, mages will once again take a backseat to every other *easy mode* template. Is that an answer??? or should the BASE issue be fixed to allow mages to be more versatile.

4) since the introduction of double hit spell bows, the balanced prop on bows, and imbuing...can you explain ANY adjustments made in the game that have been made in a positive manner for a mage? sure a mage can add mods to a suit...but do they compare in any manner to those of a dexxer?

5) mysticism allows mages to do the same amount of damage dexxers do...in the same amount of time...at the cost of 240 skill on top of the 240 skill for magery eval. so that is 480 skill...vs 330 for bush, tacts, wep skill. I don't see how people can go without noticing things like this...yet still expect changes to be made to something that is not the SOURCE of the issue. (sdi)

6) mysticism has been through several rounds of changing...and with each round of changes the same people still complain. when new temps (bush mystic) came about as a result of the original complaints...more people complained. so again, how much change should be introduced before the core issues are looked into and resolved?

mysticism should be left alone until other underlying issues are resolved. The developers mentioned pvp balancing would come AFTER the bugs were fixed in SA, yet we have yet to see any of that come into play. mages themselves are underpowered (instead of on par without mysticism) and have nowhere near the damage output of a modern dexxy, archer, or tamer. fix base damage first...skill damage second. No need to put another bandaid on skills.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

It's just the latest "I'm getting owned by this new thing and I don't want to have to adapt or try any new tactics so please nerf it."

It's been going on since UO came out... every time any new content is added, someone whines that it's overpowered... it eventually gets nerfed to the point where the skill is effectively worthless.. gets tossed to the ditch with the rest of the nerfed-into-the-ground stuff.

It's sad, but it's always been that way and unfortunately will always remain that way.

OMG HES SPAMMING ME WITH QUICK SPELLS, WHAT DO I DO!? You log out, that's what you do. You go to the account page and cancel your account, then uninstall UO. Whatever you do, DON'T THINK. Don't try and come up with an intelligent counter, no just come on stratics and whine for it to be nerfed. Congratulations, you've just joined the 13 year hall of shame of Stratics whiners.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is Mysticism Going to be Fixed...?

Again, IMO only thing wrong with mysticism is SP should only proc for the original caster, none stackable, and only proc on SPELL INFLICTED DMG and maybe only MAYBE change/fix the MA/NB spam thing (even tho again, only NOOOOOBIES die to MA/NB spam).

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, IMO only thing wrong with mysticism is SP should only proc for the original caster, none stackable, and only proc on SPELL INFLICTED DMG and maybe only MAYBE change/fix the MA/NB spam thing (even tho again, only NOOOOOBIES die to MA/NB spam).
MA/NB spam is the ONLY thing people die to (combined with spell plague of course).

mysticism should be left alone until other underlying issues are resolved. The developers mentioned pvp balancing would come AFTER the bugs were fixed in SA, yet we have yet to see any of that come into play. mages themselves are underpowered (instead of on par without mysticism) and have nowhere near the damage output of a modern dexxy, archer, or tamer. fix base damage first...skill damage second. No need to put another bandaid on skills.
You don't fix something by breaking something else. If you can't make it so that PvP is bettered as a whole, it should not be changed.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't fix something by breaking something else. If you can't make it so that PvP is bettered as a whole, it should not be changed.
No??? You mean like how the dmg output of a dexxer, archer, or tamer is significantly higher than that of a straight mage? If you don't think there needs to be something looked into there...you are high on crack.

Balanced bows...double hit spell weps...skewed imbuing...yeah...you are right, nothing wrong there. rolleyes:

BTW...its just like someone who pings 7 to cry about something being too potent for them...you just want to be the victor. Do you still think that dueling a 100 ping person with a 7 ping is more fair than a field fight between the same two? If so...perhaps the devs should pay less attention.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No??? You mean like how the dmg output of a dexxer, archer, or tamer is significantly higher than that of a straight mage? If you don't think there needs to be something looked into there...you are high on crack.
A mystic mage is not a "straight mage". Not sure what you're getting at.

BTW...its just like someone who pings 7 to cry about something being too potent for them...you just want to be the victor. Do you still think that dueling a 100 ping person with a 7 ping is more fair than a field fight between the same two?
You would not beat me pure mage no matter what I was pinging. Ping is a lame excuse.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A mystic mage is not a "straight mage". Not sure what you're getting at.
Are you that daft? You mentioned that there is no need to fix what isnt broken, yet you want to nerf the mage class again with a mystic nerf. Magery was broken before mysticism came about, and has yet to have the issues rectified. However...you would rather see a secondary skill nerfed than see the underlying issue itself balanced. Magery damage is broken...

You would not beat me pure mage no matter what I was pinging. Ping is a lame excuse.
Lame excuse? You mean because it takes 1 extra second for the information to appear on my screen than yours? The only thing lame is your attempt to overlook the obvious...

Beat me eh? Didn't you say the same thing about your mystic? Seems that ended 4 wins 1 loss in my favor...but W/E...guess I will have to log on him and field you there as well.

BTW...want to even the odds...lets pure over on LA or Pac...if ping is not a big deal to you that is. :)

EDIT: I wonder what your excuse will be for losing next time?

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lame excuse? You mean because it takes 1 extra second for the information to appear on my screen than yours? The only thing lame is your attempt to overlook the obvious...
One extra second? Your math is very poor.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

It's just the latest "I'm getting owned by this new thing and I don't want to have to adapt or try any new tactics so please nerf it."

It's been going on since UO came out... every time any new content is added, someone whines that it's overpowered... it eventually gets nerfed to the point where the skill is effectively worthless.. gets tossed to the ditch with the rest of the nerfed-into-the-ground stuff.

It's sad, but it's always been that way and unfortunately will always remain that way.

OMG HES SPAMMING ME WITH QUICK SPELLS, WHAT DO I DO!? You log out, that's what you do. You go to the account page and cancel your account, then uninstall UO. Whatever you do, DON'T THINK. Don't try and come up with an intelligent counter, no just come on stratics and whine for it to be nerfed. Congratulations, you've just joined the 13 year hall of shame of Stratics whiners.
OMG I love this guy......:thumbup1:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One extra second? Your math is very poor.
No...it isnt...

Hence the term...*blindcasting*...the act of casting in the blind whilst trying to determine what your opposition will cast next. Again, want me to show you how wrong you are...lets do that pure mage on LA or Pac...so you can tell me how non effective a good ping really is. :)

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

LoL :thumbup1:

Even tho I am not an exclusive mystic player but I sure fought a lot of those. Newb mystics NB/MA spam makes me giggle everytime.

And well I have yet to die to that spam and I think I am pretty average hence "only nooobie die to that spam" but I guess there might be noobs out there who dont agree with this because they die to such a ineffective spam. On top of that, they dont think of a way to combat it they whine like little girls who's got her teddy bear taken away.

I gotta use the famous WoW term again, L2P.

I cant believe people are QQing about NB MA, they really should try stacked SP and all kill with 5 pixies (that's some real spell spam).

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hence the term...*blindcasting*...the act of casting in the blind whilst trying to determine what your opposition will cast next. Again, want me to show you how wrong you are...lets do that pure mage on LA or Pac...so you can tell me how non effective a good ping really is.
I don't play shards I ping bad too because I'm not a moron.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hence the term...*blindcasting*...the act of casting in the blind whilst trying to determine what your opposition will cast next. Again, want me to show you how wrong you are...lets do that pure mage on LA or Pac...so you can tell me how non effective a good ping really is.
I don't play shards I ping bad too because I'm not a moron.
So...my point was made. Anything else you would like to cry about? Perhaps you would like to counter one of my actual posts...oh wait, that would involve some thought on your part!

Devs, before you decide to just poke mysticism with a stick...please consider some of the underlying issues that have been shelved now for the last couple of years. Those complaining about things are just upset because they no longer win *EVERY* fight they get into...which really is the point to the fel aspect of the game now right? Rock, paper, scissors?

Take away the scissors, how the hell does rock deal with paper?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure mage has been the weakest link for years now. What people dont realize is how dexers gained their power exponentially over the past few expansions. There is zero new/useful PvP skills geared towards mages since AoS (necromancy) even tho necromancy also created viable with dexers in mind (no sc weapons needed while casting ect ect). Chiv usefulness is very very limited to mages (and is further nerfed in casting speed against mages).

Then bushido, ninjitsu and so on all are geared towards dexers as well.

Up until SA finally a skill made available for real casters (same casting restriction/speed as magery), which is then whined and made more friendly towards dexers once again (and if you have the slightest idea about PvP you would agree the gimpiest mystics arent mages)

Imbuing is skewed in dexer's favorite as well.

I think if mysticism is to be nerfed they really should bring mages back on par with other templates. ATM pure mage is laughing stock especially on the field and is rarely played unless it's a pure mage duel. Several simple ways to do it comes in my mind are...

1. Increase SDI cap and possibly making SDI an imbuable property on weapons and shields.

2. Increase the base damage on all magery spells even couple points would suffice. For example, lighting spell is the biggest spell that can be cast relatively reliable when a dexer is AIing you once every 1.25 sec, yet lighting cant deal more than 19 dmg in order to disrupt a bandage heal. At max sdi 120 eval lighting spell should be able to do 19+ dmg 50% of the time, and with GM scribe lighting should do 19+ every time (assuming target is cursed). For reference during 4 second bandaid a mage can cast 4 to 5 harms (assuming all swings whiffed which deals about 40-50 dmg at most which is usually healed in 1 bandaid. This is simply because mages has no spells fast enough that can be relatively cast while under attack that can disrupt a bandaid.

3. Having wrestling gives addition sdi over the current cap.

4. Significantly increase casting focus currently casting focus is a waste of mods and it's not even a imbuable mod.

5. Give wrestling punches innate Hit Lower Attack up to 50 with 120 skill.

6. Magery FC raised by 1.

some of the above should be done before or even if mysticism isnt gonna be touched at all. Give some bones to pure mages.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...my point was made. Anything else you would like to cry about? Perhaps you would like to counter one of my actual posts...oh wait, that would involve some thought on your part!

Devs, before you decide to just poke mysticism with a stick...please consider some of the underlying issues that have been shelved now for the last couple of years. Those complaining about things are just upset because they no longer win *EVERY* fight they get into...which really is the point to the fel aspect of the game now right? Rock, paper, scissors?

Take away the scissors, how the hell does rock deal with paper?
You already know my feelings on Mysticism (SP & Cleansing Winds need looked at/nerfed to those who DONT know my stance)..

BUT!! RC are you trying to say that you can't deal with those dexxer templates you named up a few posts? Not calling you out or being an ***hole; but you think those are harder to kill without mysticism than all the new "Mystic" templates with your own mystic?

IMO; dexxers are VERY easy to deal with as a standard/decent mage template. You said I was "horrible" and I deal with archer tamers, 60ssi-180 stam double hit spell archers (&& archer/fencer combos), and resist-having orc brute wielding bokuto ninjas with relative ease. These are the 'need-to-be-looked-at' templates that you mentioned right?

Every template I just named has a huge hole in it; and as a mage you just need to exploit it because you have a TON of spells and versatality that they do not. But again; as a decent mage, you already know this. But I feel that once those 2 mystic spells are looked at (And fixed; not nerfed into oblivion) then the game is ALMOST perfectly balance. If they fixed/adjusted smoke bombing; then it would be perfect.

Again; all opinions. I respect yours. So do the same. :thumbup1:

*High five*

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mysticism
Ls Jax Ls

Q: Are there any plans to balance mysticism so that other mage templates can also be effective in PvP?

Mesanna: We were just talking about this very subject yesterday, yes were are a few plans to adjust mysticism. Stay tuned for updates

I hope ADJUST doesn't turn into nerf.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUT!! RC are you trying to say that you can't deal with those dexxer templates you named up a few posts? Not calling you out or being an ***hole; but you think those are harder to kill without mysticism than all the new "Mystic" templates with your own mystic?
Standard mage template...Scribe wrestle/scribe parry...virtually useless...no damage output vs. skill input.
Necro mage...with apples, faction bandies, refresh...virtually useless.
Tank mage...with apples, cures, high cost specs, virtually useless.

Now again, this is in comparison to current damage ratios between dexxers/mages.

Imbuing made dexxers more potent...but what did it really do for a mage? DCI??? Increased HP???

IMO; dexxers are VERY easy to deal with as a standard/decent mage template. You said I was "horrible" and I deal with archer tamers, 60ssi-180 stam double hit spell archers (&& archer/fencer combos), and resist-having orc brute wielding bokuto ninjas with relative ease. These are the 'need-to-be-looked-at' templates that you mentioned right?
Point was, in order for a mage to compete with todays templates in a 1vs1 situation...mysticism had to bring something to the table. As I mentioned with common *oldschool* mage temps above, the damage output of ALL those was essentially wiped out. As far as temps, those I mentioned were the *flavor of the month* temps that people have been running now for two years...even moreso since imbuing. Mysticism gave mages the ability to stand toe to toe, I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

I said you were horrible because you rely on gank to play this game. You are able to stand up to those gimp templates because you do not fight 1vs1...period. You use your connection to run away from a better player rather than staying on screen. So please, lets not confuse that conversation with whats being said here.

Every template I just named has a huge hole in it; and as a mage you just need to exploit it because you have a TON of spells and versatality that they do not. But again; as a decent mage, you already know this. But I feel that once those 2 mystic spells are looked at (And fixed; not nerfed into oblivion) then the game is ALMOST perfectly balance. If they fixed/adjusted smoke bombing; then it would be perfect.
Holes mean very little unless you have the corresponding twink template to counter it. Again, mages do not have the ability to do damage against other classes effectively on their own. In order to make an effective mage, you have to be very creative with the template often leaving holes open for others to abuse. A mystic for example, disarm/bleed. That is a big hole.

Anyway, take away mystic...and magery as a skill becomes underpowered vs. the rest of the field out there. For a while...the only time many mages I knew would fight would be in duels...because fielding with a scribe or wrestle mage was pointless. Muck up mysticism, and we will be right back to archers and tamers online (instead of archers, tamers, and mystic mages online).

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure mage has been the weakest link for years now. What people dont realize is how dexers gained their power exponentially over the past few expansions. There is zero new/useful PvP skills geared towards mages since AoS (necromancy) even tho necromancy also created viable with dexers in mind (no sc weapons needed while casting ect ect). Chiv usefulness is very very limited to mages (and is further nerfed in casting speed against mages).

Then bushido, ninjitsu and so on all are geared towards dexers as well.

Up until SA finally a skill made available for real casters (same casting restriction/speed as magery), which is then whined and made more friendly towards dexers once again (and if you have the slightest idea about PvP you would agree the gimpiest mystics arent mages)

Imbuing is skewed in dexer's favorite as well.

I think if mysticism is to be nerfed they really should bring mages back on par with other templates. ATM pure mage is laughing stock especially on the field and is rarely played unless it's a pure mage duel. Several simple ways to do it comes in my mind are...

1. Increase SDI cap and possibly making SDI an imbuable property on weapons and shields.

2. Increase the base damage on all magery spells even couple points would suffice. For example, lighting spell is the biggest spell that can be cast relatively reliable when a dexer is AIing you once every 1.25 sec, yet lighting cant deal more than 19 dmg in order to disrupt a bandage heal. At max sdi 120 eval lighting spell should be able to do 19+ dmg 50% of the time, and with GM scribe lighting should do 19+ every time (assuming target is cursed). For reference during 4 second bandaid a mage can cast 4 to 5 harms (assuming all swings whiffed which deals about 40-50 dmg at most which is usually healed in 1 bandaid. This is simply because mages has no spells fast enough that can be relatively cast while under attack that can disrupt a bandaid.

3. Having wrestling gives addition sdi over the current cap.

4. Significantly increase casting focus currently casting focus is a waste of mods and it's not even a imbuable mod.

5. Give wrestling punches innate Hit Lower Attack up to 50 with 120 skill.

6. Magery FC raised by 1.

some of the above should be done before or even if mysticism isnt gonna be touched at all. Give some bones to pure mages.
Thank you...didnt see this till after posting...but I am in complete agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.