• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would be a worthy 20 year veteran reward?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free lifetime subscription or at least a seriously reduced lifetime subscription fee for accounts over 20 would be definitively a token of appreciation.
Ingame: a title, ok, maybe with a different color.
A summonable pet bound to an account bound statuette similar like the ethies, but remains in your backpack and could be used also as a normal pet (someone mentioned a Silver Steed, why not...). Eventually the pet type could even be selected from a choice of pets during each summon, but keep the same stats and abilities. Or if you "feed" it a monster in the wild, it accumulates it's stats and skills.
Second house on a normal shard.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 year veteran rewards are of no use if someone with a 7 year account has to wait 13 more years to get one, ya know?
Buy it. I know a couple people that leaves there game running (paying for it) but doesn't play.
They come back ever few years sells one of their rewards and buy things to keep up with the new equipment.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Total shard wipes, return to Felucca only, then re-add Trammel and the other expansions in the same time frame as the previous 20 years, hopefully with the worst bugs squashed beforehand.

Oh the stories we could tell.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remove the vet reward System and let each Person choose 3 from all available After a paid year.

Why people alsways think they need to deserve something Special only because they paid their monlty Fee since 20 years.

Do you also Go to your Bank where u pay monthly for your House and After 10 years u want that they Cut the amount in half because u already paid that Long and deserve a Bonus?

Or do your government Cut your taxes in half because you pay already since 30 working years?

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Off topic but, anyone know why Crimson Dragon is no longer on the gump to pick as a veteran reward?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A token for a keep Plot in malas(Atlantic only).
For other shards a token for a cellar.
For each year of p(l)aying a percentage of House storage increase. Lets say 1 or 2.
Man, each year we got New rewards and gifts. Were should this End?
An item Finder wizzard staff.
Yes, i have an item based storage problem.
Or in Short letters ibsp.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A free empty book that I can use to advertise my--ummm keep a record of my deepest thoughts and adventures!

Kith Jorel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Think they should let every 20 year account be able to place a castle in green acres. (Since there's lots of room there)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Think they should let every 20 year account be able to place a castle in green acres. (Since there's lots of room there)
Interesting idea... not sure it would work though... unless it was something Mesanna placed and then gave to you as like a second house on your 20 year account... you could then maybe chose what shard?

not like they need both the tram and fel green acres... so ... that is interesting.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't want anything that gives me advantage over younger players I will be happy with a title or deco item, that tells, I'm a 20 years vet.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 Year Vet reward.
Magical Moongate
Custom Tabs
Banks/Shops/Moongates/Dungeons etc.
It's not game breaking due to the crystal portals it's more aesthetic and anyone can use it.
I personally think it would be cool if you could drop runes in it so it's completely customizable and the reward one has unlimited charges. And a different one with max 100 charges is craftable by a character with 120 Magery 100 Alchemy. Using 100 rune stones 100 gate scrolls or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just cant help but see all the more housing more storage and more house stuff thru out this thread. A few months back I addressed this exact same thing and was thrashed about the head and shoulders by one of the posters here for being a selfish person. =[

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a Power scrolls that adds skill points to 20 year old accounts.... I feel if a toon has been around for 20 years they should have more experience(skill) then a noob... just saying.

if nothing else, at least the crafting skills like... mining, smithing, Tailoring, tinker, fletching.. etc.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
how about making all my worthless vet rewards i picked worth using lol. yes i was dumb having no idea they would put out new stuff making my picks worthlesslaughable lol.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, here is mine. I think a bag that will allow is to "build a suit in" that shows the total information like our status bars do so we can craft/build a suit in it and see it as we build it. Have it have the same amount of slots we do. but only one of each type can go in.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, here is mine. I think a bag that will allow is to "build a suit in" that shows the total information like our status bars do so we can craft/build a suit in it and see it as we build it. Have it have the same amount of slots we do. but only one of each type can go in.
Or let the mannequins show us all that info

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or let the mannequins show us all that info
Well that would be the best thing to do, but as a reward, something we could carry around with it, I thought a bag would be cool. It could be a container, when secured down, turned INTO a mannequin! Best of both!!! :D

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Putting the game on Steam and seeing an influx of players at least one last time during the game's long and prestigious life?

I know, I know ... tired old request ... wishful thinking with EA's strings attached; just bringing it up because I'm voting my picks for the upcoming Steam Awards and really, REALLY would have liked to nominate UO in the "Test of Time" category. It's hard to express how much I think UO deserves that award, but I know I'm not alone.

Instead I'll probably vote for Master of Orion II since it too always has a place on my HDD. (But still, damn. *Shakes fist at EA*)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''More please Sir!! ''

''More !!! you want more !!!''

Just picture the scene from Oliver.....Lolz...just cracks me up this!!!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Putting the game on Steam and seeing an influx of players at least one last time during the game's long and prestigious life?

I know, I know ... tired old request ... wishful thinking with EA's strings attached; just bringing it up because I'm voting my picks for the upcoming Steam Awards and really, REALLY would have liked to nominate UO in the "Test of Time" category. It's hard to express how much I think UO deserves that award, but I know I'm not alone.

Instead I'll probably vote for Master of Orion II since it too always has a place on my HDD. (But still, damn. *Shakes fist at EA*)
How would Stream interface with our servers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that would be the best thing to do, but as a reward, something we could carry around with it, I thought a bag would be cool. It could be a container, when secured down, turned INTO a mannequin! Best of both!!! :D
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would Stream interface with our servers.
*Steam

Just as a nerd with a lot of anecdotal experience, I really, really, really doubt it would interface with UO's servers.

Many MMORPGs (both new and old) do make deals with Valve/Steam to enable players to buy their in-game credits via the Steam interface if that's their thing. And new games often interface deeply with Steam in order to enable sharing of user-generated content and other benefits. But that's not going to happen with an older game like UO, particularly not one owned by EA lol (Steam achievements for battle chicken breeding or plant-growing milestones would be pretty cool though, if they could at least figure that out).

So what's the benefit?

Well, I doubt any of this will ever happen anyway, big fat moot point probably. But if it did, it would probably have zero impact on the game mechanics or user interface for non-Steam UO players. Don't want to download the game through Steam? Don't. Don't ever want to deal with Steam? Don't.

But Steam is the most popular game distribution platform in the world (or in the history of the world, for that matter) and many older games have successfully taken advantage of it to rejuvenate their player bases. I've been on Steam for five years and seen many a retro dungeon crawler do very well, and not very many of them hold a candle to UO's content.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, back to the topic, let's have a random article of clothing with "I survived <insert number of Britannian years that make up 20 Earth years> years in Britannia and all I got was this lousy <random article of clothing>."

(I used to keep up with how many years that was but I dropped the ball lol, sorry UHall.)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so.... capped at 15 years...

so when the game hits that 20 year mark, ADD a free housing slot to the 15 year reward! :D
I'm all for that!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gimme gimme gimme

@Mesanna give the greedy sods a 20th tag in- game- im the best!! ..,,, jesus!!!!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to the in-game mail system? Where you can give someone a message in game for them to read when they get on. I figured they removed it from people spamming Emails. They could set a limit of how many you can send per month.

The GM's and Vendor removal messages are already there

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What happened to the in-game mail system? Where you can give someone a message in game for them to read when they get on. I figured they removed it from people spamming Emails. They could set a limit of how many you can send per month.

The GM's and Vendor removal messages are already there
We got the mail boxes... which is used just as you explained but ppl use books to write their messages.
And can drop presents - pretty handy actually.
Each item dropped into the mail box has a tag "From [insert name here]" on it so you know who left whatever for you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We got the mail boxes... which is used just as you explained but ppl use books to write their messages.
And can drop presents - pretty handy actually.
Each item dropped into the mail box has a tag "From [insert name here]" on it so you know who left whatever for you.
Trouble with that is you A) have to know where the person lives. B) their house has to be accessible to you. And... C) They have to have the proper settings on their mailbox. And lets not forget D) if they are friended or whatever to your house or Co-owned then the flag doesn't always go up indicating there is something in there... or in my case the flag might always be up so something new dropped in the box doesn't alert me in any way.

My beef with message boards is that if someone put a message there I'd never know unless I actually looked at the board every time I logged in which honestly I almost never do. What would be nice would be if they changed color or something when a new unread by the house owner message was added to them.

I can't tell you how many times someone has said... "Hey just drop that in my box." and you go there and their house is private and you can't access the mailbox... you go there are they have their mailbox set wrong and you can't access it.

And I don't know about you but my character name is NOT on my house save Malag's I think but even then I think it's on my keep but not his actual house and I almost never go to his house. So that would confuse most people.

An in-game message system that actually delivers a message to the actual characters account no matter what one they log in would be better. Something that didn't depend on you actually going to a certain destination to look at some obscure item.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MalagAste
Most common now a days for me is it's not the shard that person has a house.
Dropping off bags would be great or even a note would be helpful.

That is an idea for a vet reward. a community mail box.
Like a post office box at some community building someplace.

It would be limited to vet rewards which means not everyone would have one. In other words it not just another bank. When an item gets dropped in it you get some kind of message on that account.
It would need some kind of account based banning ability to avoid pranks and spams. None payment the box would have to decay or deleted. Would have to have a similar system to a house.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
MalagAste
Most common now a days for me is it's not the shard that person has a house.
Dropping off bags would be great or even a note would be helpful.

That is an idea for a vet reward. a community mail box.
Like a post office box at some community building someplace.

It would be limited to vet rewards which means not everyone would have one. In other words it not just another bank. When an item gets dropped in it you get some kind of message on that account.
It would need some kind of account based banning ability to avoid pranks and spams. None payment the box would have to decay or deleted. Would have to have a similar system to a house.
Not a half bad idea... I rather like it. You know what would be nice would be to make it part of the Town System. If you pay to be a Citizen and such Perhaps it could be a perk... access it though the town stone. Put in the recipients name and send them something if they are a Citizen somewhere then it could come up with delivery fee or something to deliver the package and give them a message that they got a package.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A personalized dye-able: wearable watch, or equip-able lantern with my character's name followed by a selectable descriptive like "a wise old timer", "antiquity of Britannia", "relic of the realms", or maybe "just an old fart".

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'd love to see a soulstone option that allows you to stack like 5 or 10 skills on one soulstone and a gump that lets you choose between them to apply... I mean come on, they made the cd player and a year later, cars had 6, 10, even 12 disc changers!!! Wait - no one uses cd's anymore.. oh, my bad... guess i must be like 15 years outdated! *hint*

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or a soul amulet (or something) that works like a soul stone to store skill points, but when worn allows you to manifest those skill points upon your character—even above and beyond your skill cap; the points aren't coming from your character—but the catch is, those points can't ever be taken back out of the amulet, or allocated to other skills; they belong to the amulet now, frozen in whatever quantity they were initially stored. Want to be a lock-picking, treasure-hunting paladin? Now you finally can without any sacrifice! Just don't set one of these amulets down somewhere and lose it, or, goodness forbid, die while wearing one ... they're cursed! (I'd recommend, anyway.)

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since we can't customize keeps or castles how about being able to drop a keep and replace with a house larger than 18x18

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad coincidance: This year I had my 20th anniversary working for my company. Less than six month later the company (Hanjin Shipping Europe) closed the doors due to bankruptcy.
For me this changed income situation will mean (together with the awful shopping experience on the EA store without a shopping cart), that I will have to close down the most of the 10 UO accounts I still maintain.
So everything, which helps to keep one account more open, will help.

ErmacFirebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Universal dye tub that uses other dyes (tokuno, natural, ect) for color, and able to dye any item currently dye able.
I.E. Use reflective shadow dye on the tub, tub now dyes everything reflective shadow. Tub will dye armor, cloth, leather, arties, blah blah.

Armor/Weapon stat storing/transfer wand-doohickey

Upgrades to legacy client. That would really be novel.

Lily Grace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I agree with those who don't think it's the best idea to have totally bitchin' rewards that only 20 year vets can use. It doesn't make sense to me to tell newer players that they'll have to wait decades to be able to use some nifty and useful item. I think it totally sucks to be a player who's been around since posting on Crossroads before the game went gold and played off and on the whole time to not be able to use the Shard Transfer Shields for example. At any rate, named items for vet characters, commemorating reaching this milestone would be a nice exception I think.

Here's what I'd love to see that I think would make for great additional player rewards...

A greenhouse that reduces items count. Lots of folks make gardens. It would be really nice to be able to reduce item count by storing décor plants in something akin to Davey Jones locker.

I'm all for anything that helps reduce item count. And I'm all for having items that are craftable that would help reduce item count. Maybe new recipes for craftables that help with storage. Recipe Books to toss all those scattered recipes into. Pantry cabinet for storing cooking supplies. Tool / Resource Box that we can throw runic hammers, shovels, empty bottles, blank scrolls, tinker tools, bolts of cloth, cotton, wool, you get the idea.

Last but something I'd LOVE to have...A ridable pack llama. Those big beetles drive me nuts. I'd really like something more compact than those widetrackers. I hate riding around the house on a beetle while I'm crafting or decorating, just so that big beetle doesn't get unhappy or distracted by a monster outside. Even better would be a pocket size ridable pack animal. Why not? I don't think tamers are depending on selling big blue beetles to make their gold. In the same way that you can't stable a pack animal that's holding items, you can't put your ethy, ridable, pack animal back in your pack if it's holding items.

Thanks! And Happy Holidays!

Lil

Vet

Visitor
Apologies if Im stating an already suggested item, as Im not going to read all the posts. Id love, after 20 plus years, a working drawbridge. A working "raising and lowering" entrance gate. Functioning windows. Horse and buggy. The rest of the promised "complete" housing tiles. A functioning Bell tower. A basement. Some actual "hills" to landscape with. Some of the more dead areas, cities, etc, opened up to player housing to have some competition to Luna.