• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would be a worthy 20 year veteran reward?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took me a long time to think of something and one thing I always come back to is when I saw UO for the very first time back in 1997 a char fighting a large red dragon and I've always thought that would be just so cool to ride one. Since then the graphics of dragons have only gotten better and better, i.e. Stygian, Crimson etc...

Thus, my pick for reaching this incredible milestone would be to pick a really nice ride-able dragon (unique hue) for my 20 year veteran reward that not only flew when ridden but also somewhat proportionally correct to my character and can actually fight as a normal tamed dragon, and bonded for life :)

Oh and allowed me to rename it.

What about you?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as i know; they have no plans to add rewards beyond the current 15 years, simply to make the gap for the newer players smaller. But maybe you could get a nice chunk of choises?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
a house on ea shard per account; a recipe book would be nice and a stat scroll book would be great as well, and finally the ability for a tamer to have a six pet slot so they are able to ride a mount and have a GD or perhaps a tameable trainable and rideable GD

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glacial Two Story Statue.
Second House
Free Sub

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me square off my L-shaped home w/o affecting grandfather status! There's no room for any other home in that missing corner & I'm such a horder... I've got no room to put my stuff ! :D
Best 20th yr reward EVER ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should be something wear/ride-able that is annoyingly flashy so that everyone knows how masochistic you are :devil:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Second house, Free sub, rideable glacial dragon mount statuette, ability to tele like gm, unlimited house storage, glacial robe interchangable with interchangeable stats....

and last but not least.... An account management website that is fluid and works.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Based on the severely decreased amount of players I've seen on Atlantic for the last few months... I'm guessing our 20th anniversary gift might be "Congratulations, we have freed you of your UO addiction because the game shuts down tomorrow!".

I like the idea of an Ethy Dragon too.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Acid Rain iam pretty sure you can do some nice stuff to your L shape without killing GF status, maybe 2 extra floors for Sheds.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the idea of additional houses. Maybe 20 year old accounts could have grandfathered status of up to 3 houses.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More houses, or, just make it simple and instead of new gifts, just allow a few extra picks from what we already have to choose from

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the severely decreased amount of players I've seen on Atlantic for the last few months... I'm guessing our 20th anniversary gift might be "Congratulations, we have freed you of your UO addiction because the game shuts down tomorrow!".

I like the idea of an Ethy Dragon too.
I noticed the ATL population appeared to be way down last night when I was taking care of some business there. Thought it might have just been a off night. Guess not.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I suspect most 20 yr vets have grandfathered housing, the ability to resize your GF houses without having every other house you own go poof would be wonderful. One of the things I've never done in UO is to design and build a custom house since I have two GF accounts with a modest collection of houses. It certainly is nice to be able to move around and play on several shards that I have a home on, but most of them were placed when housing was hard to find and are 7x7's. ;) I know I could just open another account but with keeping two accounts open all these years I've given enough money to EA.

Hmmm... now that I think about it, having those houses already *IS* a nice vet reward so I guess I'd settle for a commemorative Silver weapon of Vanquishing to remember the good ol' days before item properties turned me into a UO version of an accountant....

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Second house on a prodo shard OR a rideable Purple Llama :D

I was going to say the ability to customize Grandfathered Houses/Keeps/Castles but feel like it's something they should just implement without being a reward... hopefully they do some day

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A red telephone with a direct line to the Dev's - after 20 years of playing we can be trusted to tell them in no uncertain terms what suxs and what doesn't before they unleash it on the unsuspecting masses of the lower years set :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been said ...and i will reiterate this....vet rewards are capped to 15 years ...pretty sure this is common knowledge

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe an Ethy or pet dying brush...

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
1) Dragon Saddle
2) Magic Carpet - Can be used over water :gee:
3) Soulstone Book (One that guarantees I won't make the mistake of wiping a stone accidentally :dunce:)

4) Stat Stone similar to a soulstone but for STR, DEX, INT

5) Hot Air Balloon :grin:

6) Armor for a steed that provides 20% damage reduction like a swamp dragon (Repair to recharge)

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An existing house in one of the cities with only one vendor allowed, e.g. a house in Britain East.
Non-customizable, account-bound and absolutely no new shiny fancy deco stuff allowed of course.
Only classic colors, no neon, no items that were introduced starting AoS.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It took me a long time to think of something and one thing I always come back to is when I saw UO for the very first time back in 1997 a char fighting a large red dragon and I've always thought that would be just so cool to ride one. Since then the graphics of dragons have only gotten better and better, i.e. Stygian, Crimson etc...

Thus, my pick for reaching this incredible milestone would be to pick a really nice ride-able dragon (unique hue) for my 20 year veteran reward that not only flew when ridden but also somewhat proportionally correct to my character and can actually fight as a normal tamed dragon, and bonded for life :)

Oh and allowed me to rename it.

What about you?
Whatever it will be,and I sure hope it will be something really special as the milestone of reaching 20 years of uninterrupted, active account status sure deserves (20 years folks!!!), is that it will indeed be a Veteran Reward which only Accounts which have the 20 Years active status can claim. Sure, lesser accounts will be able to use, but, to my viewing, it got to be that only 20 Years Active Status Accounts will be able to claim it.

Otherwise, it would be no appreciation for those Customers who have been Loyal to Ultima Online for such an incredible lengthy period of time, no matter what.

That's how I see it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been said ...and i will reiterate this....vet rewards are capped to 15 years ...pretty sure this is common knowledge
Unless my memory fails me, to my understanding, I seem to recall @Mesanna mentioning that for the Special 20th Years birthday they were considering issuing a special Veteran Reward which only 20th Years Active Status Accounts could claim, not the lesser years. Possibly, the lesser years could get to use it but only 20th Years Active Status Accounts would be able to claim this special occasion Veteran Reward.

And this would make lots of sense, IMHO, being the 20th Birthday of Ultima Online a really unique and incredible Milestone where Accounts that have been held as active for such a whopping length of time, uninterruptedly, would deserve as an appreciation of their Loyalty.

That's how I see it.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What do I get for shopping at Walmart for 20 years?

I think the fact that you've been able to play this great game for 20 years should be reward enough.

Interesting how you want something to be given, and you want to make sure no one else can get it.:thumbdown:

Veteran reward system was flawed since day one, and still is flawed. In fact I don't think they've gone far enough in terms of removing restrictions.

I should be able to pick whatever rewards I want regardless of my account age.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do I get for shopping at Walmart for 20 years?

I think the fact that you've been able to play this great game for 20 years should be reward enough.

Interesting how you want something to be given, and you want to make sure no one else can get it.:thumbdown:

Veteran reward system was flawed since day one, and still is flawed. In fact I don't think they've gone far enough in terms of removing restrictions.

I don't think this concept is flawed at all. Just about every business out there these days offers a reward program for loyal customers - a very common practice. If you truly don't believe this is right then please never claim any reward points from your credit cards or from any restaurants or frequent flyer miles or any other reward system for that matter then above comment would have more of a conviction :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Let's get real, someone who just started out in the last year or three will never get to pick the higher level rewards. Why not make it accessible to them, it really doesn't effect our vet status if they can pick the same rewards we can.

Put aside your egos peeps, we need to be giving the good stuff to anyone who will pay for the game!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Let's get real, someone who just started out in the last year or three will never get to pick the higher level rewards. Why not make it accessible to them, it really doesn't effect our vet status if they can pick the same rewards we can.

Put aside your egos peeps, we need to be giving the good stuff to anyone who will pay for the game!
Yea. When Mesanna said they'd give away free credits at this year's anniversary but only to 10+ yr old accounts, it felt like a slap in the face. Like I'm not worth the little appreciation of like 3 bucks while paying my sub every month like any other guy who is around. But what can you do - I guess it's all my fault for keeping an account active in a game that does not want me :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah they should have given that to every active account at the time it was given. I mean really, cant they do the math to figure out that no one is gonna open a $13 sub to collect $5 worth of ingame coins? smh

I think they should let everyone collect every reward...if you want to reward the longterm players additionally, just let em get an extra pick every 3 years or so. We have gotten small enough now that a lot of the old thinking and elitism needs to be put away, or we are signing our own termination notices.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah they should have given that to every active account at the time it was given. I mean really, cant they do the math to figure out that no one is gonna open a $13 sub to collect $5 worth of ingame coins? smh

I think they should let everyone collect every reward...if you want to reward the longterm players additionally, just let em get an extra pick every 3 years or so. We have gotten small enough now that a lot of the old thinking and elitism needs to be put away, or we are signing our own termination notices.
I have 2,TWO, Mythic Accounts that both qualified for the Sov and only one account got them, no I am not talking UO Accounts I am talking Mythic accounts that have multi UO Accounts that qualed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In theory I %100 agree but with the shard shields, the monkey wrench in the gears, EA, not UO, would lose out on probably the biggest money maker in Transfer Tokens. That would be the only stumbling block.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20 year accounts should (and will if they follow suit) get a title that only they can display.

The title is the perfect vanity item... it is account bound, can be displayed on every character on that account and has no impact on gameplay.

Other than the title, IMO, all tangible rewards need to remain capped at the 15 year mark.