• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would be a worthy 20 year veteran reward?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think this concept is flawed at all. Just about every business out there these days offers a reward program for loyal customers - a very common practice. If you truly don't believe this is right then please never claim any reward points from your credit cards or from any restaurants or frequent flyer miles or any other reward system for that matter then above comment would have more of a conviction :)
The flaw in this logic is that very very few business make the loyalty reward unique and available only to reward members... for example... an airline might reward a loyal customer with a free flight. Nice reward... but that same flight is available for purchase to other customers. What the airline does NOT do is create a flight that ONLY reward members can get tickets for.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Acid Rain iam pretty sure you can do some nice stuff to your L shape without killing GF status, maybe 2 extra floors for Sheds.
Don't I WISH... problem is L-shaped homes from the original deeds were coded differently. The Y-axis carries the roof peak all the way up. Meaning, you cant make flat floors (goza mat or stone tiles) and still be able to walk around. I've already tried.

Imagine the peak angles of the roof extending all the way up to max height. I did make a 'roof' on my roof but had to lower the goza literally into the roof tiles and keep the peak angles a constant. Plus, because the mats run north to south each column at a different height - your totally screwed when trying to place most anything deeded. It totally sucks & was a HUGE PITA.

Being able to resize grandfathered housing w/o a penalty would be so amazing I'd prob have a heart attack & die on the spot thus leaving my homes to fall & players may see some of the largest PvP fights in recent years for IDOCS. Heavy PvP action, numerous rares for the market, and everyone is happy (enemies glad to see me go). Its a Win/Win all the way 'round !

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Veteran Reward - I don't care the Year -

Some device, or book, that deals with refinements. You know those Coin Vending machines where you dump all your loose change at the grocery store? You get the idea...

What a total cluster Refinements are...takes up huge amounts of space and & time.

While I like refinements...dealing with them does not make for an enjoyable experience.

Another "Fix this $%^&*!" for the Devs.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow 20 year vets to tame a greater wyrm which is not transferrable, but make it more difficult to tame then a greater dragon. Would be pretty cool if it was a rideable pet that could fly. Next wood be basements for housing and increasing our storage capacity by 25%.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the unrest it would create giving ONLY 20 year vets something special would bring the demise and end to our beloved game...SAYING THAT ... a uniquie ingame title would be good... and only fair....

sometimes u 20 year vets need to step back......

id prefer ''all accounts''....im a 18 soon and plus a few other less acounts.......but regardless of age to be able to pick anything...for the good and prolonged good of our game...the 15th year llimit made sense....indeed i was one that championed it!!!! oh yes!!!! ....lets not spoil it through immense greed....lets try to fuel UO not burn it out....jesus

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so yes -good idea to give the 20 year vets a title... nice touch....thats them SORTED!! @Mesanna give the 20 years vets a ingame title...so they can show there worth.... nice 20th anni present...that they dont even need use a pick for!!! Karabunga!!

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
Armor bonus swapper.
Trade all armor properties from one item to another that occupies the same slot, e.g. swap all properties from a chainmail coif to a wizard hat, thus making wearable gear artwork be cosmetic.
...but I would not want to confine that to 20-year veterans.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The flaw in this logic is that very very few business make the loyalty reward unique and available only to reward members... for example... an airline might reward a loyal customer with a free flight. Nice reward... but that same flight is available for purchase to other customers. What the airline does NOT do is create a flight that ONLY reward members can get tickets for.
That's not all true either. When you reach 1 million flying miles on some airlines, you are permanently at Gold level member status and other perks that can't be purchased nor available to everyone else.

At the 20 year anniversary there can be more than just 1 reward that can satisfy every level of account holders.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do I get for shopping at Walmart for 20 years?

I think the fact that you've been able to play this great game for 20 years should be reward enough.

Interesting how you want something to be given, and you want to make sure no one else can get it.

Veteran reward system was flawed since day one, and still is flawed. In fact I don't think they've gone far enough in terms of removing restrictions.

I should be able to pick whatever rewards I want regardless of my account age.
Appraising customers Loyalty is quite common in business, I understand.

It is a way to not only say "thank you" to those customers who stick with the brand and also a way to help making sure that they do not move onto the competition....

It is common business practise, and helps the customer-brand relationship.

Besides, all customers are entitled to such appreciations if they qualify with the criteria.

The account's Active Age for picking makes to me because older customers maintained their Loyalty to the brand for a longer time and, thus, showed to the brand their trustworthiness and fidelity with the brand.

The Ultima Online's Veteran Program is a very valid one and I think that it was a mistake to stop the age at 15 Years to claim specific rewards for the oldest active ages accounts, me thinks.

I hope that, at least for the "Very Special" 20th Year Birthday of Ultima Online, which is a unique Milestone, they will restore the claimability of whatever Special and Unique Reward will be awarded only to those who actually did maintain their account as active for such an unbelievable length of time, uninterruptedly....
Of course, that said, the Special, Unique item can well be made only claimable by 20 Years Active Age Accounts but usable also by lesser years ones.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Appraising customers Loyalty is quite common in business, I understand.

It is a way to not only say "thank you" to those customers who stick with the brand and also a way to help making sure that they do not move onto the competition....

It is common business practise, and helps the customer-brand relationship.

Besides, all customers are entitled to such appreciations if they qualify with the criteria.

The account's Active Age for picking makes to me because older customers maintained their Loyalty to the brand for a longer time and, thus, showed to the brand their trustworthiness and fidelity with the brand.

The Ultima Online's Veteran Program is a very valid one and I think that it was a mistake to stop the age at 15 Years to claim specific rewards for the oldest active ages accounts, me thinks.

I hope that, at least for the "Very Special" 20th Year Birthday of Ultima Online, which is a unique Milestone, they will restore the claimability of whatever Special and Unique Reward will be awarded only to those who actually did maintain their account as active for such an unbelievable length of time, uninterruptedly....
Of course, that said, the Special, Unique item can well be made only claimable by 20 Years Active Age Accounts but usable also by lesser years ones.
Exactly... Banks have done it for YEARS...

And many insurance companies reward you with lower rates and such the more years you stay with them and don't make a claim...

Other companies offer cash back rewards, perks like discounts, coupons, etc...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
How about 2000 base Luck on all characters? :smile2:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rocking chair. Not an in game item, mind ye. But an actual geh-nuh-wine real life wooden rocking chair send to your billing address.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rocking chair. Not an in game item, mind ye. But an actual geh-nuh-wine real life wooden rocking chair send to your billing address.
I just pretend and rock back and forth...not sure if that's the same thing tho :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Title... Let the thoughts flow.
I survived 20 years of
- UO
- ****talk in general chat
- ****talk in forums
- misleading account Management
- the rng
- searching an item
More options wanted.
And of course shard bounded.

Positive ones
I was part for 20 years of
- fun and friends
- great ideas
- a great community
To be continued..

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A new game that's not from the dark ages,lol

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A token for another 20 year old account you can gift another player. :D

Think about it? Then you could give it to someone and they'd be more likely to return.

Enziet

Journeyman
One month free sub. Via in game ticket. Which you could sell if you wanted to. You filthy hoarders don't need another piece of fluff. I've seen your homes!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the severely decreased amount of players I've seen on Atlantic for the last few months... I'm guessing our 20th anniversary gift might be "Congratulations, we have freed you of your UO addiction because the game shuts down tomorrow!".
why are you a moderator here? Really?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gate (colored) that opens for about an hour or so with a long cool down on it.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's called a sense of humor. Apparently you need one if you got all offended at my comment.
Moderators shouldn't bad mouth what they're promoting.
Why does it take a "racists(moderators claim)" like me to explain this to you?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
<---

But yea, you're wrong. They do the best they can and Norrington is one of the better moderators on message boards. If you can't take this comment he posted then forums probably aren't for you.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<---

But yea, you're wrong. They do the best they can and Norrington is one of the better moderators on message boards. If you can't take this comment he posted then forums probably aren't for you.
Better relatively speaking. The best moderator quite on principles of how wrong the rest are.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What we're promoting? We don't work for UO... we don't get paid.... it's an all volunteer staff who are allowed to have their own opinions about things whether it promotes the game or not.

I get that you don't like me and the rest of the staff and that's fine, but it was a joke that you either didn't understand or are purposely making a big deal out of to troll me.

Either way, it has now been explained to you that it was a joke and this topic is done as far as I'm concerned. Now let's stop derailing this thread with our off-topic posts please.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so yes -good idea to give the 20 year vets a title... nice touch....thats them SORTED!! @Mesanna give the 20 years vets a ingame title...so they can show there worth.... nice 20th anni present...that they dont even need use a pick for!!! Karabunga!!
still say this is the best free gift for the 20 gangers

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
1) Dragon Saddle
2) Magic Carpet - Can be used over water :gee:
3) Soulstone Book (One that guarantees I won't make the mistake of wiping a stone accidentally :dunce:)

4) Stat Stone similar to a soulstone but for STR, DEX, INT

5) Hot Air Balloon :grin:

6) Armor for a steed that provides 20% damage reduction like a swamp dragon (Repair to recharge)
There is already a dragon harness.

Attachments

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. You may be.

It's their job to police the boards and keep the peace...NOT their job to be cheerleaders, we get enough of that from some posters. just sayin'
Except that mods have given out warnings, etc in the past for others making sarcastic remarks about things being shut down.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that mods have given out warnings, etc in the past for others making sarcastic remarks about things being shut down.
In the past Stratics was a 'fan site', and my belief was that a fansite exists to support the game, not undermine it and discourage people from playing it. But that was in the past, when my belief was of some significance. That is no longer the case. There is a different ethos now, and therefore different criteria for staff to follow.

It is now a 'game site', where the emphasis is on allowing players their say. Where I insisted that criticism should be constructive and not destructive, that no longer applies.

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
criticism should be constructive and not destructive, that no longer applies.
Exactly right. That is my issue. It would seem constructive criticism is no longer acceptable only rash destructive statements against the game and people is allowed today.

That is counter productive. It doesn't matter if it's a "fan site" or a sh#t house these policies should be reevaluated.

Thank you

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Everyone that's hits 20 years will be enrolled for a chance to win one of three burlesque photos of Mesanna.

You're welcome.

o.0