• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I posted made every bit of sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on prodo waiting for Siege to Come back, Playing a PvP Disco Dexxer, I'd hate to see what this board would look like if i brought that to PvP, people are already like this when you talk about nerfing their stealth, God save us if i Take your pets outa pvp to.
Well your Disco dexxer would only affect pvp tamers and I'm no pvper so it don't bother me. Personally tamers in pvp is not pvp it's pvm! As for my tamer I'll just die as usual nothing new lol :)

V

Vaelix

Well your Disco dexxer would only affect pvp tamers and I'm no pvper so it don't bother me. Personally tamers in pvp is not pvp it's pvm! As for my tamer I'll just die as usual nothing new lol :)
Bard Skills are no longer Limited to just the original Skills effect. I've been using the New Spells :lol:

Its.. Very Effective against non tamers.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one question, if Siege is the veteran shard which by it's definition should make it more difficult (hence the Felucca only ruleset) then why is Stealth allowed to be easier to play on Siege than production? Surely veterans should be able to play it effectively even if it's weaker than on production servers? Stealth on Siege should be the way it used to be, you have to count steps and use the stealth skill after hiding and each time before your number of steps run out, no nerf just returned to the way it used to be.

Nothing should be easier to play on Siege than on production servers.
I have no problem with stealth returning to the way it used to work, though in that case, I think there would need to be a tweak to the detect timer.

In terms of what is being discussed in this thread, why should it be made easier to detect a stealther with passive detect to do it for you? Asking for a way to detect them without investing skill points to counter it seems like asking for it to be easy.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bard Skills are no longer Limited to just the original Skills effect. I've been using the New Spells :lol:

Its.. Very Effective against non tamers.
You using disco or provo in pvp? Disco seems to weak vs resist. Also very mana heavy.

E

Elmer Fudd

I have no problem with stealth returning to the way it used to work, though in that case, I think there would need to be a tweak to the detect timer.

In terms of what is being discussed in this thread, why should it be made easier to detect a stealther with passive detect to do it for you? Asking for a way to detect them without investing skill points to counter it seems like asking for it to be easy.
Easier for who? you or them swifty?

Your ingonorance ceases to amaze me,

Without passive detect your able to be a fricking scrub.,...no one wants to talk about the huge pink elephant in the room so ill just come out and say it cause this bull**** is droning on forever...you are underdevloped as a pvper and cant survive without it...so why dont u just be fricking honest with everyone here and say it....Im fricking horrible at pvp and need to have it or ill die in two seconds flat on anything else...Hell...if you would just admit that, i might even champion your cause to keep it around for your unskilled ass....jees this gets old....anyone who doesnt want fricking passive detect is a Fricking damn R-Tard at Pvp....damn,,,,,someone just needs to blurt this out and be done with it......

All who dont want passive detect cant pvp worth a **** and Kat is there queen....end of fricking damn story....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder to all.
Keep it civil or get it locked. Up to you.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Without passive detect your able to be a fricking scrub.,...no one wants to talk about the huge pink elephant in the room so ill just come out and say it cause this bull**** is droning on forever...you are underdevloped as a pvper and cant survive without it...so why dont u just be fricking honest with everyone here and say it....Im fricking horrible at pvp and need to have it or ill die in two seconds flat on anything else...Hell...if you would just admit that, i might even champion your cause to keep it around for your unskilled ass....jees this gets old....anyone who doesnt want fricking passive detect is a Fricking damn R-Tard at Pvp....damn,,,,,someone just needs to blurt this out and be done with it......

All who dont want passive detect cant pvp worth a **** and Kat is there queen....end of fricking damn story....
:grouphug:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You've got quite a load of sand in your vag there, Elmer!

How many times to you need to hear it? I suck at PvP. I freely admit it and have done so countless times. I am not the least bit bothered by it and I do not define myself by my ability [or lack thereof] to PvP. I do, however, play a pretty good faction thief, when people actually bother to defend or fight for sigils. I've stolen them right out from under your nose with all of you in the base. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes not. I've died, I've dusted myself off, sat out my stat-loss, re-equipped and gone right back in for more!

The thing is, I don't shed tears over it and come here crying for nerfs because I suck! You guys, on the other hand, have become the the biggest collective group of legendary crybabies this shard has ever seen! Whaaaaah, nerf stealthers, Whaaaaaah, nerf smoke bombs, Whaaaaaaah, make it so people can't run in the house, Whaaaaaaah, we were outnumbered, Whaaaaaaaah why you gotta use pets, Whaaaaaaaah, nerf tamers, Whaaaaah nerf pet balls and make tamers use their siege bless to bless their pets, Whaaaaaah nerf dismounters, Whaaaaaah, I don't wanna farm, Whaaaaaaaaah, make my armor cheaper! Whaaaaaah, whaaaaaaah, whaaaaaaah!!!

If you're the best pvper's on the shard, you shouldn't need so much help from the devs.

I hope the dev team gives you a big fat box of tissues for your issues for Christmas this year! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All this argueing about stealthers and yet where are the true pvpers of Siege these days? Perhaps those of you who have left Siege to find pvp should all come back and build this shard back up. Yes it is boring with no people but leaving is not the answer is it? I see it this way, only people left on Siege are mostly crafters. The Pvpers all gave up and left and those that are left here would love to pvp so .... only solution is to Bring Pvpers back.
For me the nail in the coffin for Siege pvp was removing the ability to animal form immediatly after a dismount. This one simple change that most people don't even mention killed the fun of pvp for me personally. Most of the time we would fight heavily outnumbered against tamer and/or stealthers but we could still win fights because of the ability to get away from a dismount "gank". The second they changed that the unskilled lowest common denominators of pvp became more powerful than any skilled pvper.

Basically i played an almost unique template for over two years which i loved but took nerf after nerf while tamers became more and more powerful (greater dragons) for next to no extra skill input. The only way to adapt to compete was to be forced into playing some kind of tamer/stealther or playing with a massive zerg of players, neither was appealing enough.

F

Førsaken

Just a reminder to all.
Keep it civil or get it locked. Up to you.
I say lock it. This thread has gone so far off base it's not even funny. Welcome to what the OP was about:

Førsaken said:
Shalimar, the bold print of suggestions you're referring to have been said by myself and others that have seen this to be the way to go. Sadly, when it comes from someone such as myself, a person people consider to be an "elitist", a "win at all costs" type person-It gets tossed around, twisted, and turned to some new rant.

These ideas are a broken record that seem will never be fixed. Too many people cry to remove items in UO, then to learn and adapt. Items are here to stay; They are for allowing numerous templates to be created and played the way they are meant to. Everything has its counterpart, you just have to be willing to play TODAY'S UO to do it.

I can't help but think...will this community ever wake up? It's my belief that all the naysayers and people wanting to delete items are the cancer to this server. You push me and people like me away. (Sure, say good riddance, but I give sport to anyone wanting competition and this type of game play, as they do for me.)

Everyone needs to try and understand that we don't want things easier for just us, we want them easier for all. So try to choke these down if you will:

What's so bad about re-implementing cursed arties at a higher drop rate along with marties?

What's so bad about lowering faction cost so everyone has equal chance at competing with the same gear?

What's so bad about Factions receiving added incentive to join due to better gear?

I see nothing wrong with any of these and yes, you have to build templates and your suit differently when non-faction, but that's your choice and it can be done. (It then comes down to the player, because gear only gets you so far and I'm sorry, but I don't know a single person on SP that would win just because he/she had faction arties and I didn't). Why choose this way though? Is there fear of dying? Reputation? Dislike of stat loss maybe? Because the ease of equipping would be easy on everyone if you just allow it...

Who knows, maybe you could poll the idea of shortening stat loss timer and non-pvpers or people wanting to learn more pvp could do so without wasting 20 minutes each death. You have to be willing to learn though, if not, you would still have the cursed arties at will.

Just food for thought I guess. Take it as you will...
In regards to:

Shalimar/Cleo said:
leave the faction arties alone
add cursed arties at an increased drop rate
Lower silver prices or increase silver drops to 5x prodo

Then let the player decide if he wants to go the faction/silver farming route or the non faction random critter farming route. Imbuing will play a critical role in all of it.
*Add ToTs back too at an accelerated drop rate, so people can farm up their RBCs and whatnot.

p.s. Instead of crying about deleting something that is here to stay, why not compromise and make it all worth while for everyone. Instead of keeping the "elitist" on top of the PvP food chain.

p.p.s. If you were to get your heads out your asses, this would open up PvP so much more and bring back some population. I play this shard to loot your corpses, but no one wants to fight and I am surely not going to fight crazy odds with dismounter on top of that with the items being the way they are. If items were easier to come by, you'd see more action, less crying here, and in general chat about buying gear back.

The End!

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being of the Two Deadly reveal pvpers (Me on loki, or Ru)
There is the problem. You put yourself in the same category as Ru and then claim stealth is overpowered. Ru knows how to work the skill and frequently detects and reveals me and he can pretty much kill me at ease. Loki I have seen around but he is certainly not the threat that Ru is.

If you could use the skill like Ru you would not need to be here discussing changes in stealth. Learn how to use the skill from an expert and if you still see it as overpowered you may have a case. I don't see Ru here moaning about stealthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.