• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue Patrols to resume this Sunday

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Reminder of the Patrol SATURDAY
Cant make it this time because of work. Dont know when I will be able to make it to another. It was a lot of fun. I felt like Dark Star and myself made a pretty sick death combo (always have). Good luck to everyone. I will also add as a tip for Virtue from what I saw in the last two towns at least you were seperating to much and when you were together you werent always on the same target. At least twice I had two dexxers on me with a mage on screen I was expecting to be dumped on, but the mage was targeting someone else. Just fyi. -Fean

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It is kinda fun to play on a civil Shard. Danger can be anywhere. I do trust you will continue the awesome battles we have had over the past few weeks. I will miss this Saturday. I will make up for it by bargain hunting at the auction.

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For our European participants, the time for the event will be 2:30-4:30 EDT. We change our clocks this weekend. So you will have to come an hour earlier than usual.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
TDO will be there and do what we must do. Sorry to my friends in B^A but I'm sure you understand, it's a game :)

As I told Igg, when he decided to run the guild the way he do.
That's your choice but as you said "If you choose to hold B^A as a whole responsible, so be it.", that may happen but that's how it works.

We will target B^A before GIL this Sunday.
We may loot B^A, unless Igg can promise, B^A will respect the rules for the event.

Look forward to an exciting Sunday :p

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Agree, I too hate that summer time as we call it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
At least it's an hour earlier for me this sunday.
I keep seeing new and returning names on the shard. Wish MyUO would be faster to update, would be nice to see what guilds will be there :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Almost weekend :) and I have so much to do in game to get ready to this sunday :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still have a few lesser suits from last we had some risk on Siege but are working on stocking guildhouse as we do have several members still new to Siege or new to PvP, who maybe may join the fun.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
TDO will be there and do what we must do. Sorry to my friends in B^A but I'm sure you understand, it's a game :)

As I told Igg, when he decided to run the guild the way he do.
That's your choice but as you said "If you choose to hold B^A as a whole responsible, so be it.", that may happen but that's how it works.

We will target B^A before GIL this Sunday.
We may loot B^A, unless Igg can promise, B^A will respect the rules for the event.

Look forward to an exciting Sunday :p
Thats fair enough. Since virem and arnold want to play that way at the event so be it loot them if you can kill them. If any other BA members gets looted during the event I can promise you, the no looting I have been doing outside of the event will change. You can expect to get dry looted every time that goes for everybody. You act as if dark and I have been doing anything but playing by the rules. -fean

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats fair enough. Since virem and arnold want to play that way at the event so be it loot them if you can kill them. If any other BA members gets looted during the event I can promise you, the no looting I have been doing outside of the event will change. You can expect to get dry looted every time that goes for everybody. You act as if dark and I have been doing anything but playing by the rules. -fean
Yall could just turn off your guild tags. Seems like it's more a group of individuals than a proper "guild" with rules and all that, so I don't see the point in repping. No one would know to target you if they didn't know what guild you were in. Cat may be out of the bag at this point, but...

I feel like stuff like this is just inevitable with guilds, as you are openly declaring who you choose to affiliate with, which is basically unspoken support of anything any of your guildies do. That's why I never joined one. *shrug*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Only reason I would see to loot B^A is if they have the upper hand and we would need to do so we do not get looted of the 2 Jokers.
If BA is getting ganked, I see no reason to loot other than maybe the 2 Jokers.
It was not an easy choice for me to make. When Lore Denin did run the events, he made last town with different rules. Looting was allowed.
This Sunday, we can do one of 2, Igg promise no B^A will loot or looting is allowed this sunday.

Last Sunday, we was not ready for this, we was in our best gear, trying out our gear and PvP skills. If Igg had warned us, we would had been ready for it. Yes some would had stayed away, I know that

I also know, this are not easy for B^A as you enjoyed the event as much as we did. B^A did as guild ruin last Sundays event, I know most of you was innocent but you did choose to keep the 2 Jokers in the guild.
We may all lose some gear this Sunday but no reason to make it to dry looting outside this Sunday event.

Sure, if you do, we will try to handle that too, maybe Safe Havens Roads get back to life :p

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people are upset over the looting that arnold and virem did last week. i get it.
then people are upset because of the statement i made. i get it
fean the shard is threatening B^A as a guild to be held responsible for the actions of guildmates in general. and thats everyones own choice and are free to do so.
what i do not agree is is this:
just the threat of looting in this player run even is counter productive for the shard in general. its like you are almost daring arnold and virem, and anyone else for that matter, to show up and loot. wether you like them or not, they are not stupid. if you are having pvp player run events, they want to be part of it. if you prefer them not to loot, its best if you talk with them directly. i am sure they uunderstand that is they ruin this player run event its less action for them. they may not understand how siege is in regards to community. it may be in everyones best intrest to cut them some slack, if you dont want to thats your option as well. i dont think the ATL guys are bad guys. they want to play and have fun just like everyone else. but if they must learn the hard way that noone will sell them anything, be social with them, or to try and make siege a place they want to be, then as always the community will band together and do so. i wouldnt write them off yet, i believe there is still hope for them to fit in but they will have to find their own way. if they ruin that that chance then thats on them. plant corn, get corn. and once again, if anyone wants to hold B^A members responsible for their actions, that is your right to do so. anyone in B^A that does not want to be held to such a standard is free to go. but i believe the vet siege players that are left in B^A will stand together and live thru this.
as far as this goes:
the no looting I have been doing outside of the event will change.
that should just be understood no matter what happens. if your out in the world and get attacked, you are fair game. dont wear anything you are willing to loose. being offered a buyback would be nice but not necessary and not looting at all is up to the victor.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is funny Igg, you expect us to not loot B^A but also expect us to accept B^A will loot.
Lets say, the 2 Jokers run with Feanaro and Dark Star, trying to us. We die, sure Fean and Dark may not loot, but as they did help killing us, they do have part in the looting. I'm not saying, they will join up with them, but normal guilds do that.
Tell me how TDO should act this Sunday, when we do not want to leave town.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a saying from RL: "If you are in mafia, you hang with the mafia..." Not that this is my philosophy, but that´s how life usually works... Everything else is utopia...

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is funny Igg, you expect us to not loot B^A but also expect us to accept B^A will loot.
Lets say, the 2 Jokers run with Feanaro and Dark Star, trying to us. We die, sure Fean and Dark may not loot, but as they did help killing us, they do have part in the looting. I'm not saying, they will join up with them, but normal guilds do that.
Tell me how TDO should act this Sunday, when we do not want to leave town.
what are you talkn about? what i am tryn to say is, promoting the looting of anyone at this event is a bad idea. and thats it. fean was simply sayn that he feels it may be fair, if you can kill arnold and/or virem, that it maybe ok to loot, but if you loot other B^A members he is gonna have an issue with that. i dont agree, once again, i think promoting looting at this event is a bad idea. i am not out to set some magical rules for anyone to follow. and i never said anything close to B^A can loot you but you can loot us.

i do NOT promote the looting of players at "player fun events" such as this or "EM events" that involve the shard. i DO suggest that looting at said events is frowned upon and would rather not see it happen. I will continuethat pratice as well. what i did say is if you are caught outside in the world somewhere, you are fair game. at that point i would, 100% without a doubt promote the looting on any level the victor sees fit.

it is becoming very obvious to me 90% of the people on this shard hear what they want to hear. you 90%ers want someone to blame if something does not go your way. here i am blame away if you want. ill be your villian. if my vet siege players were to all leave tomorrow and the ATL guys decided they no longer wanted to be in B^A and i were left all by myself as a the most hated siege player in histor for ruining your fun........I AM PEREFCTLY FINE WITH THAT! its all just a matter of control which you "THINK" you have over other, which you dont. to be honest i dont know why i am talkn anyway less than 10% of you are listening. do whatever you want at this sundays at event. guys and girls..........good luck

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Side A can loot side B but if side B loots side A I´ll murder you all!!!"

I chuckled...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are you talkn about? what i am tryn to say is, promoting the looting of anyone at this event is a bad idea. and thats it.
I think I agree with that. I honestly don't think it needed to be said, did it? Everyone knows that's what would happen, or they certainly should.

I personally, in my limited interaction with you have seen you to be a generally good and reasonable dude, (and that hasn't changed) and I think that's probably the common opinion outside of this issue.

As for the the whole looting repercussion threats etc, I feel like that's just a natural consequence of what happened. I don't think you or any other B^A should take it personally, that's just how it goes. B^A dudes were looting, and other B^A dudes were, and will be helping them get the corpses to loot. I don't see how they can or indeed should be seen as innocent, but again, that's part of the fighting to me, a natural outcome, not a mean spirited vendetta that it's become.

I think you are right when you say the best solution is for the event managers to chat it over with the offending players, and I'm sure an agreement can be arranged. If not, I don't see how the other players could do anything but fight back in kind, and I personally think the event could survive such a group a vs group b open looting conflict, I just think the event would lose many of the casuals and newbies attending, which I don't think anyone probably wants.

Hopefully all this can end amicably, and this very nice event can keep going. I think that's best for everyone.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Virem just need to post here, that he will respect the rules :)

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virem just need to post here, that he will respect the rules :)
the only problem with this statement is, GIL will leave the
I think I agree with that. I honestly don't think it needed to be said, did it? Everyone knows that's what would happen, or they certainly should.

I personally, in my limited interaction with you have seen you to be a generally good and reasonable dude, (and that hasn't changed) and I think that's probably the common opinion outside of this issue.

As for the the whole looting repercussion threats etc, I feel like that's just a natural consequence of what happened. I don't think you or any other B^A should take it personally, that's just how it goes. B^A dudes were looting, and other B^A dudes were, and will be helping them get the corpses to loot. I don't see how they can or indeed should be seen as innocent, but again, that's part of the fighting to me, a natural outcome, not a mean spirited vendetta that it's become.

I think you are right when you say the best solution is for the event managers to chat it over with the offending players, and I'm sure an agreement can be arranged. If not, I don't see how the other players could do anything but fight back in kind, and I personally think the event could survive such a group a vs group b open looting conflict, I just think the event would lose many of the casuals and newbies attending, which I don't think anyone probably wants.

Hopefully all this can end amicably, and this very nice event can keep going. I think that's best for everyone.
finally..........a 10%er! and thank you for the kind words.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Igg don't take it so serious, it's a game. just leave stuff home, you can't afford to lose, that's what I will do.
I did say we may loot, not that we will loot, and I did not say who we will loot if we do loot.
If Fean are going to punish us for that outside the even, then so be it :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Igg I know this is hard for you and maybe some B^A. Please remember, it's an in game action. Take it as roleplay.
Now I can only speak for TDO. We do not hate you, we do not hate your members. Hate is a big word. We dislike what happen last Sunday.
I would like go on fighting GIL but that would only make it easier for the jokers to do what they did last Sunday, pick us one of the time, while we fight GIL and GIL are busy fighting us

You and your guild made a choice, that can ruin the event from now on. TDO do not promoting the looting in the event, we try to protect us against it.
I had been in same boat as you, you told me I was not welcome more in the B^A alliance because of the choices I made. What you may not know is, we was going to leave the alliance because I did not want to fight side by a few Jokers in your guild.
I was very much in same boat but I did not add the person to my guild, I did not allie with him but I still made a poor choice, that was bad for the event. I'm not going to do that again.

All I ask for, is a word from you, that what did happen last Sunday won't happen again. You can or will not give that, so we have to expect the worse from some B^A

I really don't need 100 of words, my head is way to tired to read and understand all your words.

Lets focus on this Sunday and all try to share the fun no matter how many death robes we get. Looting seem to be a risk for us all this Sunday. I lost 3 bows last Sunday, got the best one back, thanks Arnold, I lost one of my quivers, my pink armor, my jewelry, a hat or circle and some stackable. None of this was dropped in my mailbox after the event. Should I have contacted the looted and paid to get my item back from a no loot event, I don't think so. What about the items my guild members lost?

I'm not crying about our items but I'm not so naive, so I believe it won't happing again. I'm sure the Jokers would have a good laugh, if they can make their stunt one time more. This Jokers are still B^A so only way to stop them is to try to keep them down and anyone who help them with aid or with fighting their enemies.

I'm very sad to see you and some B^A take it so serious and can't see it is all about surviving this Sunday without lost items. I know it's not easy, because I can only speak for TDO, other alliances may not trust you can or will control your members :(

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. Or other formula:

No looting: Fun for 25-35 people
Asshats looting: Fun for two people.

Or other way around: Agression and egoism vs. Fun and Community.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Igg I know this is hard for you and maybe some B^A. Please remember, it's an in game action. Take it as roleplay.
Now I can only speak for TDO. We do not hate you, we do not hate your members. Hate is a big word. We dislike what happen last Sunday.
I would like go on fighting GIL but that would only make it easier for the jokers to do what they did last Sunday, pick us one of the time, while we fight GIL and GIL are busy fighting us

You and your guild made a choice, that can ruin the event from now on. TDO do not promoting the looting in the event, we try to protect us against it.
I had been in same boat as you, you told me I was not welcome more in the B^A alliance because of the choices I made. What you may not know is, we was going to leave the alliance because I did not want to fight side by a few Jokers in your guild.
I was very much in same boat but I did not add the person to my guild, I did not allie with him but I still made a poor choice, that was bad for the event. I'm not going to do that again.

All I ask for, is a word from you, that what did happen last Sunday won't happen again. You can or will not give that, so we have to expect the worse from some B^A

I really don't need 100 of words, my head is way to tired to read and understand all your words.

Lets focus on this Sunday and all try to share the fun no matter how many death robes we get. Looting seem to be a risk for us all this Sunday. I lost 3 bows last Sunday, got the best one back, thanks Arnold, I lost one of my quivers, my pink armor, my jewelry, a hat or circle and some stackable. None of this was dropped in my mailbox after the event. Should I have contacted the looted and paid to get my item back from a no loot event, I don't think so. What about the items my guild members lost?

I'm not crying about our items but I'm not so naive, so I believe it won't happing again. I'm sure the Jokers would have a good laugh, if they can make their stunt one time more. This Jokers are still B^A so only way to stop them is to try to keep them down and anyone who help them with aid or with fighting their enemies.

I'm very sad to see you and some B^A take it so serious and can't see it is all about surviving this Sunday without lost items. I know it's not easy, because I can only speak for TDO, other alliances may not trust you can or will control your members :(
It's actually not hard on me at all. Everyone is trying to make it that way. I know this is a game and try and take it as roleplay. But if I remember correctly, you questioned that when I labeled my official statement as RP.

I don't know how many times I got to say this, I am not promoting looting. I suggest and prefer if it is not done by any B^A members. However, to ask me to promise is just a system of control every wants so they have someone to blame if it does not go the way they hope. So no I can't promise because I do not control my members individual actions. If any member decides to loot, which I hope doesl not happen, I'm not gonna kick them from B^A. You 90%ers think that you can force me to conform to your standards and expectations by using tactics like blackballing, isolation, and maybe even guilt. You are more than welcome to try. You CAN hold me or my guild responsible if you wish. But I stand firm by my statement. I can't guarantee anything, I can only trust my request not to loot at player and EM events will be followed.

Freja, I like and respect you. You have your opinions and are true to them. Your dedication to this shard and commitment to the growth of our community is unparalleled to anyone's effort. All I can say is have faith that everything will work out in the end, it always does.

La Z Susan

Visitor
Woot, seems like everyone understands everyones angle and opinion now and solid progress has been made! So good place to just move on and start preparing strategies and supplies for sunday ya?!

Anyone want to make a side bet of which guild will have the most pk's this weekend?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have put a bag with about 40 rings and bracelets as well as 700+ imbuing mats in TDO-guildhouse mailbox as my contribution for the preparation for Sunday...

Oops, wrong thread/forum... Sorry!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL hehe, now you sounds like Feanaro saying Fel Yew Mint :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I too hope we can keep doing the Sundays VvV events, it is only 2 hours a week and it works like a kind of shard wide sparring, where all can test their skills and gear vs a large group.
The rules are no looting, no res killing and a friendly attitude without trash talk.

I do know it is like a deadlock right now and hard to get back to what we had, however I believe all are willing to give it a try but it will not be easy to resolve deadlock.

I like the idea Virem posted about them showing up naked, that could be a way to solve it and for B^A to show, they are willing to respect the rules for the event.

TDO will be there this Sunday. We will again be on the Vice side but if B^A show up with Virem and Arnold, we will stop fighting GIL and target the Jokers. I may choose a lesser suit this Sunday and leave my good pink Quiver home, can't afford one more expensive Sunday.
TDO will not loot.

Hope to see a lot there and to see some of the new young PvP'ers we got and some of the returning.

As we can not ensure, that all will keep the rules, don't bring anything you can't afford losing.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have fun everybody. I have to stay at the playground. :-(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks Baby Doll and Doc. I know RL > UO

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Mine always drop on ground, not like in old days, where you ended up so heavy, that you could not move :p