• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue Patrols to resume this Sunday

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Queen of the Outlaws will try to get her men together. She do not like this see this Virtue Knights of King Blackthorn trying to patrol the town as it make it harder for the unwanted to survive in the town. The Queens men will try to keep this Virtue Knights busy.

OOC: We will try to be there and hope all will have great fun. :)

Edited Martch 18th to add info for new and returning Siege PvP'ers:

I too hope we can keep doing the Sundays VvV events, it is only 2 hours a week and it works like a kind of shard wide sparring, where all can test their skills and gear vs a large group.
The rules are no looting, no res killing and a friendly attitude without trash talk.

I do know it is like a deadlock right now and hard to get back to what we had, however I believe all are willing to give it a try but it will not be easy to resolve deadlock.

I like the idea Virem posted about them showing up naked, that could be a way to solve it and for B^A to show, they are willing to respect the rules for the event.

TDO will be there Sunday. We will again be on the Vice side but if B^A show up with Virem and Arnold, we will stop fighting GIL and target the Jokers. I may choose a lesser suit this Sunday and leave my good pink Quiver home, can't afford one more expensive Sunday.
TDO will not loot.

Hope to see a lot there and to see some of the new young PvP'ers we got and some of the returning.

As we can not ensure, that all will keep the rules, don't bring anything you can't afford losing.

Last edited:

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is awesome to hear i hope to make a few of them the unfortunate part is my sun plays hockey on sundays so i will make the ones that i can

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was a blast.
Thanks for the Sunday Funday!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Was great, thanks all for lots of fun and for the resses. We had a little issue with EC client not showing one of my members gear after res but it was all back later, just want all to know.
So as far I know, all went fine without and looting.

I look forward to many fun sundays. Hat of for GIL, your Guys do a great job guarding the alters :)

I start to understand why we have so few reds on Siege, the towns are not very red friendly. @Mesanna We really could need a red healer in town or a VvV npc, who would res no matter of color as It was not easy for Lyssa and Kheloth to get back to life. Thanks to the ones not attacking me while trying to res them.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We really could need a red healer in town or a VvV npc, who would res no matter of color as It was not easy for Lyssa and Kheloth to get back to life. Thanks to the ones not attacking me while trying to res them.
Back in the day our mages always carried a rune to the chaos shrine in their runebooks. one gate there is all it took to res the reds and get them back into battle again as quickly as possible...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Back in the day our mages always carried a rune to the chaos shrine in their runebooks. one gate there is all it took to res the reds and get them back into battle again as quickly as possible...
Problem is, you have to leave town to make a gate, you can't gate in a battletown and if in stat loss, the gate may fail too.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem is, you have to leave town to make a gate, you can't gate in a battletown and if in stat loss, the gate may fail too.
right...forgot about that. As you can clearly see I never played a mage :p

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I´m glad to hear that Witch's gear was recovered.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I´m glad to hear that Witch's gear was recovered.
Thanks, yeah turns out was stupid EC bug, I looted corpse and nothing on paperdoll or on corpse, it seemed odd as I had not been dead that long, it wasn't just that things didn't draw in either because it said "you don't have enough reagents" when I tried to cast, later on when I logged back in I had all gear back on.

I suppose its a bug similar to the one you get at champs where after you died and got stuff back if you start a bandage heal and then mount an ethy while its running you lose a number of things from your pack, ctrl-R reloads the items, but I did try that on sunday and nothing happened.

The VvVs were great fun, glad GIL is doing this again, even though we got a bit hammered, my plan had been to heal the dexxers while they fight but I ended up getting tied in knots and being out of range a lot of the time, need to work on that :S

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, yeah turns out was stupid EC bug, I looted corpse and nothing on paperdoll or on corpse, it seemed odd as I had not been dead that long, it wasn't just that things didn't draw in either because it said "you don't have enough reagents" when I tried to cast, later on when I logged back in I had all gear back on.

I suppose its a bug similar to the one you get at champs where after you died and got stuff back if you start a bandage heal and then mount an ethy while its running you lose a number of things from your pack, ctrl-R reloads the items, but I did try that on sunday and nothing happened.

The VvVs were great fun, glad GIL is doing this again, even though we got a bit hammered, my plan had been to heal the dexxers while they fight but I ended up getting tied in knots and being out of range a lot of the time, need to work on that :S
This has been happening to me a lot lately. i created an undress macro that i hit when it happens, then just hit my dress macro.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just close bag close paperdoll and re open up ormally works for me when that happens in EC

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
my little toon had no gear on and the client was saying "need more reagents" when I cast so I think it went deeper than just not displaying properly, plus pressing ctrl-R reloads all the bag and everything and that did nothing, never had that happen before.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That happens to me when I use the seed of renewal rez in the Abyss.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks for the great fun this sunday, looks forward to next sunday. Was nice to try being on the winning team, even when Virtue in fact did win, as Vice was split on 2 alliances and our alters did not count to together for Vice. Virtue was running sigels to, so even when Vice did feel they won, the leaderboard may say different.
Anyway, it was great fun, hope both sides can agree.
Look like Virtue was missing their Captain Morgan this sunday.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks all, both Virtue and Vice, a little more chaos this sunday but lots of fun. Thanks for the resses.

If any small vice guilds want to join up with The Unwanted's Alliance, The Unwanted send me a PM.
It would make it easier if only Virtue was orange to us and all fighting with us was green and red.

I do know, other alliances could wake up, but right now we had been players in different Guild/Alliances on the vice side working together and that make it harder to win the town and see who are with us. Also guarding an alter with field spells are harder when not in same Vice alliance.

I know there are alliances, who may want to break up. I'm mostly looking for small guilds, who also have an honorable way to PvP and can respect the no loot rules at events.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was fun. i died so many tiimes, but was way cool none the same.

*runs off to find more dci to wear against those pesky dexxers*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Who are you in game? Guess one of the "pesky dexxers" was me:devil:

You need a signature :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ups think I slowed you down a few times :p

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Patrols return to their normal time of 2:30-4:30 Eastern. Consider it your pre-Superbowl bash...
If all goes as planned, I have several other realm friends coming to give this a try with me as RP Savages. Perhaps we will be the variable in the victories (or at least make a dent in the outcome)!

Fair Warning
If yau wis ta remain amang te living ula must adapt te savage life ar surrender ula awn!

Grrah!

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If all goes as planned, I have several other realm friends coming to give this a try with me as RP Savages. Perhaps we will be the variable in the victories (or at least make a dent in the outcome)!

Fair Warning
If yau wis ta remain amang te living ula must adapt te savage life ar surrender ula awn!

Grrah!
We may need to run 3 alliances then, and fight the alliance trying to claim the alter, else I fear, there will be to many Vice vs Virtue

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This Sunday was chaos. We started 2 hours before the event, so 4 hours of running, shotting and dying. The vice side need to learn to work together. I know I do sucks, when it comes to team work, but we need a Captain I believe.
GIL sure won this Sunday. Well done :)

There was a lot in town over this 4 hours and some joined the event for first time, welcome to you :)

Susie [GIL] [VvV]
Sprago the Gladiator [VvV]
Kheloth [HOoO] [VvV]
Mish o sha [TDO*] [VvV]
Boolean [GIL] [VvV]
Dark Star [B^A] [VvV]
Mistress Mayhem [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia [VvV]
dyno [GIL] [VvV]
WhiteWitch [TDO*] [VvV]
Richard Garriott [GIL] [VvV]
You see: Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
You see: Hoffs [GIL] [VvV]
T.K [VvV]
Gu'Jek [B^A]
Bishor [CLAN] [VvV]
Wegandi [CLAN] [VvV
Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
Brutus [GIL] [VvV]
Luka Melehan the Biologist [TDO*] [VvV]
Lady Julia Boin [B^A] [VvV]
Baby Doll [IPKU]
Man o waR [RES] [VvV]
Tom Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Max Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Lady Becca [GIL] [VvV] and Turbo Turtle :p
Nambo [CLAN] [VvV]
Parser [R-C] [VvV]
Delores Duende [GIL] [VvV]
Madison De Mer [L*H] [VvV]
Sargaza [CLAN]
Freja [TDO*] [VvV]

Sorry if I forgot some. 32 names over the 4 hours, that's not bad. A few did not have VvV tag but they was still fighting and dying in the event.

I look forward to next sunday and hope the Vice side will do a little better, thanks all.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It sure was chaos, especially in Trinsic. Great fun.
Lots of players involved but more important, lots of guilds. I count ten of them. Very nice to see. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It sure was chaos, especially in Trinsic. Great fun.
Lots of players involved but more important, lots of guilds. I count ten of them. Very nice to see. :)
Yes it was great to see Siege alive, I died alot but I also had alot of fun.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This Sunday was chaos. We started 2 hours before the event, so 4 hours of running, shotting and dying. The vice side need to learn to work together. I know I do sucks, when it comes to team work, but we need a Captain I believe.
GIL sure won this Sunday. Well done :)

There was a lot in town over this 4 hours and some joined the event for first time, welcome to you :)

Susie [GIL] [VvV]
Sprago the Gladiator [VvV]
Kheloth [HOoO] [VvV]
Mish o sha [TDO*] [VvV]
Boolean [GIL] [VvV]
Dark Star [B^A] [VvV]
Mistress Mayhem [GIL]
Morgan Ironfist Duke of New Magincia [VvV]
dyno [GIL] [VvV]
WhiteWitch [TDO*] [VvV]
Richard Garriott [GIL] [VvV]
You see: Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
You see: Hoffs [GIL] [VvV]
T.K [VvV]
Gu'Jek [B^A]
Bishor [CLAN] [VvV]
Wegandi [CLAN] [VvV
Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]
Brutus [GIL] [VvV]
Luka Melehan the Biologist [TDO*] [VvV]
Lady Julia Boin [B^A] [VvV]
Baby Doll [IPKU]
Man o waR [RES] [VvV]
Tom Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Max Blackoak [TBB] [VvV]
Lady Becca [GIL] [VvV] and Turbo Turtle :p
Nambo [CLAN] [VvV]
Parser [R-C] [VvV]
Delores Duende [GIL] [VvV]
Madison De Mer [L*H] [VvV]
Sargaza [CLAN]
Freja [TDO*] [VvV]

Sorry if I forgot some. 32 names over the 4 hours, that's not bad. A few did not have VvV tag but they was still fighting and dying in the event.

I look forward to next sunday and hope the Vice side will do a little better, thanks all.
Might I suggest people coming out to VvV during week without 3 or 4 guildies to go with?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Might I suggest people coming out to VvV during week without 3 or 4 guildies to go with?
I will try but had been busy in Eodon, trying to get a tiger help recipe for Tina Tink.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I enjoy the VvV events, but rarely stay long. Time before last, I know that Kheloth and Lyssa and Freja were around for Vice, but without a vent I couldn't communicate with them and stay alive. So essentially I found myself facing a large, well organised group of GIL alone. I took several deaths over both toons before realizing how futile the fight was (this must have been when K was having trouble getting rezzed bc I rarely saw allies). Yesterday Gujek was on but the time we hooked up in Brit, Luka (a vice player) attacked us. Freja sorted it out and I passed the word on to Guj, but when I arrived in the next town TDO again attacked me. I'm totally ok with it being a free for all, but there's no way we will beat Virtue like that. They are a big pack and we need A Lot more coordination to have a chance. If we are going to be everyone guild for themself then that is fine, I'm just tired of running up to Vice to party up and getting whacked. (Looking your way you crazy CLAN dudes!)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Vice side sure need to talk before next Sunday. I doubt we can get all in one voice chat or on one map but we can try. I should get a map for the ones, who will fight side by TDO and The Unwanted. We also have a alliance page here.

It's easy to hit wrong target, when so many around, I was attacked of TDO too :) and I may had hit some in my own alliance too or some not Virtue. It sure was chaos yesterday.

I also think it is important, all help res red VvV'er as they may lose a lot time running out of town to find a red healer.

I don't believe it is possible to make one large Vice alliance and if GIL have less powerful sundays, 2 Vice alliances will make it easier to balance. I sure died a lot too but I stayed, even when I was less happy, when I was dismounted and then had both GIL and CLAN hunting me but I guess we did gank GIL too last sunday, so it's all fine.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the CLAN had a great time. We do not wish to join an alliance or take part in guild politics.

So everyone knows, we have no allies. We typically attack whomever we encounter first. Yesterday we often met at the moon gate and charged from there as we had trouble staying together without UOAM/Cart and Vent and are working to fix those things.

I know in Brit we had a few fights with GIL to start as I remember dying to Hoffs.

In Yew I know it was TBB we encountered from the moongate on our way to town. Not counting the orange B^A player who called us arseholes in general chat for attacking her when she was sitting orange at the moongate to the active town (LOL?). Then we all got split up, after that I think I died to Boolean or Morgan Ironfist

In Skara Brae it seemed to be T.K. to start then went crazy everywhere. He didn't have a guild tag so no idea what team he was on but good skills for sure.

In Jhelom we were all over the place but I remember dying to TBB after the town switched.

In Trinsic I want to say we had fights with both B^A and GIL again. I personally recall dying to a person with a Hiryu whom I hadn't seen before after I got bola'd.

Anyways it was tremendously funny and exciting. I forgot how much fun UO is when not stocking vendors. Thanks to all who put up with us!!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I called you asses because I thought we were on the same team and hence my consternation. If that isn't the case, I have no problem with you. Loved the savage look you guys were sporting, look forward to fighting you in the future (though next time I won't stand there complimenting you like a sitting duck :) )

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I tried to explain the whole not all orange is the enemy to Luka... It is a work in progress.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I called you asses because I thought we were on the same team and hence my consternation. If that isn't the case, I have no problem with you. Loved the savage look you guys were sporting, look forward to fighting you in the future (though next time I won't stand there complimenting you like a sitting duck :) )
It's all good, did not know what was you. Always difficult to attack someone providing compliments. But alas, it is the Savage way of life.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It really was cool to see so many players and guilds at the event. I believe it is a good thing to know who fight with who and who stay outside alliances.
We will mainly go for the GIL alliance but if Vice have the numbers, and GIL are few and die alot, we may fight an other large alliance like B^A too, if they have the numbers to rule the towns. This are to balance it so all have fun.

I believe B^A can agree to that. For small alliances, like CLAN, who want to stand alone, we will fight them if they attack us or try to hold the alter. But else we will try not to join up with other alliances in ganking them. That mean, if 2-3 GIL or B^A are already hunting one of them, we won't join in but wait to we see them not already fighting.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "Global Loot Gear" vendors has been restocked at GIL Vendors by Zento moongate.

Good/decent pieces for a fair price.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
OK I ended up setting up a TeamSpeak server for The Unwanted Alliance, we also have a UO Mapper map now.
Small guilds, who want to be a part of the alliance and fight on the Vice side, PM me

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I ended up setting up a TeamSpeak server for The Unwanted Alliance, we also have a UO Mapper map now.
Small guilds, who want to be a part of the alliance and fight on the Vice side, PM me
Hi Freja - how has your experience been with UO Mapper? Did it work well? I checked out their site and it looks good from the screenshots, curious how it compares to Cartographer and just your impression of it in general.

P.S. Thank you to you and your group for the good battles today. And all the other groups as well.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
UO Mapper works for me, but hard to get my members on it. It's still not as good as old UO Automap. I miss seeing shop names on it and some other stuff but it should work for both clients and that's great.
It's really nice it show where my body is :)

Yes and thanks to all, it was great fun, think a little more balanced this sunday.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can have it show shop names and such.....at least I think you can....

I haven't played with that part because I used Pinco's and it shows the shops and such on its in-game map.

Mapper's mostly for, as Freja said, showing where you and your comrades are, and what state of health they're in.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Cool, I will play a little around with this, special healers in VvV towns are nice to have :p

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the Governor meeting this Sunday, the Virtue Patrol will take place at the earlier time of 1:15 - 3:15pm EST.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Due to the Governor meeting this Sunday, the Virtue Patrol will take place at the earlier time of 1:15 - 3:15pm EST.
I know where I will be Sunday Mom! Naw I will not be on the golf course :p

VvV then Zento, sounds like fun!

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a different evemt Drakelord. Saturday we help Zento, Sunday it is the VVV-Patrol followed by the governor's meeting in Serpents Hold!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think this is a different evemt Drakelord. Saturday we help Zento, Sunday it is the VVV-Patrol followed by the governor's meeting in Serpents Hold!
oh ya I see that now, was just happy there was going to be some fun this weekend. :danceb::banana::cheerleader: