• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Server down time update

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DenAlton036

What's more annoying than the server being down on a weekend? The idea that UO is paying these kids to personally insult customers who express frustration with the situation. They should be using that money to pay for good management instead. Would they prefer we call customer service about it? You'd think they would realize that expressing our annoyance on a game forum is much better than paying people to answer phonecalls about it. UO needs a new, astroturf free, forum.

When servers go down on a weekend and no one complains about it, THAT'S when the company should be concerned.
As an outsider looking in I agree 100%. I have read some seriously unprofessional comments here from forum moderators.
I sense that EA could raise the subscription prices of UO 100% and the forum regulars would tell us to quit complaining, we should be thankful, blah blah..

Now I hope you get some sleep Devs.... puke

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: [UO Herald] Account Migration Update: Server Downtime

The usual EA problems,no research,no test and they mess it up.Why oh why do they do these type of updates on a friday.When the playerbase pay the consequences on a weekend when the majority of players play.Just another nail in the coffin that is UO.
Actually there is a perfectly logical reason. They have lots of staff that work a typical workweek and they are trying to ensure that this massive upgrade interferes as little as possible with their ability to perform their duties.

I'm not sure how many understand what a big deal this upgrade is, and it is just about the best possible news we could ever get about the future of UO. This kind of upgrade was long overdue, and it further emphasizes that EA is committed to continuing to support and develop UO for the foreseeable future.

I think this might well be the most significant upgrade to the backend software infrastructure of the Ultima Online service in the history of the game. This is a massive undertaking and there were absolutely going to be unexpected issues that needed to be resolved, no matter how thoroughly the upgrades were tested.

Have some patience people, the time lost this weekend will be more than worth it in the long term. Relax, go play TC and try something you've never done before... :)

FingersMcSteal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well it was nice to be able to get back in to UO for a few days... so much so i even thought about re-subbing on 1 of my accounts to 'see how it went'.

As per usual, Can't login to a damn thing and it's the weekend, my 1st day off in 13 straight... Nice going EA :thumbdown:

I guess in all this time EA aint learnt a thing and STILL manage to break things.

Theophania

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

servers are up, yet i'm still missing characters. I hope they figure this out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is as I predicted...

Mass hysteria... loss of characters...

Inability to use items long used previously....

Precisely as I figured.. Imagine that.

I should be a psychic...

What bliss. And again I must wonder... Why on a Friday do they do things that can cause great upheaval and panic all weekend long? Things of this magnitude really should be done on Monday thru Wednesday to greater facilitate quick repair... Instead this will hold over for days on end folk wanting answers and getting no response frustration will grow and more will abandon ship.

Another prediction.

Perhaps... More a case of been here done this once again good job EA DEV's... way to drive the subscriptions down... only a few more left to go I'm sure before EA starts seeing numbers for UO in the Red... and then it will be mission complete... as they finally lay it to rest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Servers are up but seems there was a revert. All the plants I tended this morning are once again untended. Hopefully the reason for the revert was a good one.

W

Woodsman

I'm still missing my 7th character :wall:

I thought it would be cool to see the game codes store built in, but now maybe that's not such a good idea.

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is anybody able to log in with the enhanced client? I'm getting an error "couldn't connect to Ultima Online".

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Is anybody able to log in with the enhanced client? I'm getting an error "couldn't connect to Ultima Online".
You are probably running Pinco's UI and you need to patch the UO client. I ran into that same problem.

O

OrianaGRI

I use the classic client and have been getting the same message, "Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments." each time I try to log in - up until 5:09 pm today (Saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.