• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Server down time update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I made my master account, and it found all my accounts, I sucessfully linked them however when I click them from the dropdown menu to see the subscriptions I get:

Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.
Makes paying for my accounts.. Impossible! :(

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay so I made my master account, and it found all my accounts, I sucessfully linked them however when I click them from the dropdown menu to see the subscriptions I get:

Makes paying for my accounts.. Impossible! :(
I tried Verifying my accounts and I got a mail saying I needed to click here but was no link in the mail at all. did you have same problem?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really, really think no one should try to do anything with their accounts until we're told the upgrade is finished. There are far more likely to be problems if only half of the process is currently working.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I personally logged in and linked my account... but I'm not messing with anything else yet even though I do have a couple codes I'm dying to activate.

C

Cal_Mythic

We discovered a crash bug earlier this morning. We've built a fix and are in the process of deploying.

We expect shards up soon,

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Cal - erm, unless I'm mistaken, it's around 5.30am there? Have you been up all night on this?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know their's no Dev's there anymore.

They left 1 contract Tech guy there todo the upgrades while they went home for the weekend.
They told him once he's finished doing the super up to date 'money claiming' stuff to put the Hamster back on it's wheel.
He started work, found a problem and he went home with the idea to report the problem on Monday morning (just like the rest of us would do).

Oh and if the servers are off, why is the patcher still working and what is it patching??

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the update Cal. Is it safe to apply upgrade codes yet? (Stygian Abyss, High Seas, etc.)
If not, could we possibly get an estimated time for when that will be available?

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go Cal go!! finally getting some answers!! hmm Pie does sound good..ill have a slice of lets log in and and play some uo pie plz:lol: :lol:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to play around with the acc migration stuff, until i really need to do. And when i start, it might become a stress test to the system. :D

For those, that are not aware. I have/own:
- 2 active uo Accounts
- 1 inactive uo account (It was used during the opening of Malas for house placing. I was able to log in with this acc during the last days.)
- 2 inactive daoc accounts
- 1 inactive war account
For those that are not familar with the history of daoc and war. I am from germany and both games were provided in europe from another company (GOA). If you call Ea beeing nasty/bad/whatever company, GOA did top them. With decreasing player numbers, GOA quitted the games and Mythic took over (billing and services/servers.) So my 2 daoc accs already have been migrated from GOA to Mythic. I am not shure about my war acc. I guess that one even is among the 'inactive' data that Mythic got from GOA.
To add another difficulty: I think I remember that my main uo acc already got integrated into an EA acc. I used it to create an account for Hellgate:London. (Which online gaming services got canceled a while ago.)

Will definately be 'fun' to ingrate all of those into one EA-Acc.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: The game servers are now back online.

There's a patch so be sure to reboot your game.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I missed all of this ! Wut ??

Nobody planned to watch the footballgame last night {instead of playin UO} ?

The Chiefs didn't even get on the scoreboard zzzzzzzz I fell asleep on a very dull preseason opener NFL footballgame on a Friday night.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Chiefs didn't even get on the scoreboard zzzzzzzz I fell asleep on a very dull preseason opener NFL footballgame on a Friday night.
Waaaaa.. Chiefs are my home team. Hmm.. guess we give them another year to get used to playing nicely together. Blast!

B

bigpapi

Ok, so i finally was able to log into everything and get on my accts. 1 major problem. My ABC is missing. Has there been any statement about what is being done to recover these missing characters? Of all my toons that could "disappear", the one that has i dont know how many millions of gold and $ invested (jackals, mace & shield, power scrolls, and worse off - the money spent to buy the bark fragments & forged tools used to make my woodland armor - whcih took forever to complete... not to mention the gold in my bank)

This is not gonna go over well if i get a "there is nothing we can do, here is a free month"

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We discovered a crash bug earlier this morning. We've built a fix and are in the process of deploying.

We expect shards up soon,

I wasn't around last night but it is odd this update was done on Friday night at the peek hour of the game.

Why was that?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I missed all of this ! Wut ??

Nobody planned to watch the footballgame last night {instead of playin UO} ?

Waaaaa.. Chiefs are my home team. Hmm.. guess we give them another year to get used to playing nicely together. Blast!
I watched the San Fran. mainly and loved it (die-hard RAMS fan), switching to the KC game for updates. Guess the RAMS take the cup this year.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[UO Herald] Account Migration Update: Server Downtime

Greetings,

We are aware of several issues, including the character slot problem, and we are working on fixes now. The servers will be coming down shortly to impliment the fixes. Thank you for your patience.

read more

More...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Account Migration Update: Server Downtime

"Shortly" = 2 minutes!!

Glad I was in a house puttering with plants!!

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jesus. Wonder how long this will take them. I was in the middle of making runebooks for my vendor!!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Nice 9 minute website announcement and then a 2minute warning in game!!!! :yell::loser:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Here we go again.....

Shard going down again in 5. Maybe folks with lost chars will get them back.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice 9 minute website announcement and then a 2minute warning in game!!!! :yell::loser:
well, several people has lost the sixth character so there could be a revert too :stretcher:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Jesus. Wonder how long this will take them. I was in the middle of making runebooks for my vendor!!!
Hope it was the "Trammel Cities" ones... :D

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Um well I WAS in house customising mode...this should be interesting to see where me fish tanks, fish, and parrots, walls, floors and trees, all sorta go off to wherever. :)

:loser:

P

pgib

Re: Here we go again.....

It is amazing how they managed to do this during the weekend.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I think it tells the whole story, in that, while some are fussing about it, no one seems a bit surprised there is a problem LOL

Lost Friday, now here goes Sat...Come on cool weather so we can be outdoors again!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

well, several people has lost the sixth character so there could be a revert too :stretcher:
Not annoyed they are fixing players accounts, annoyed at the with the warning time.

P

Pandora of Baja

baja down in 2 min's...that was no 2 min's...grrr I'm not to worried because I was in my house and only fishing in cove. This gives me time to go shopping..hopefully everything will be working fine when I get back.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe they will learn to fly updates/patches on Monday. Not on Friday night and working on the weekend for time and a half pay. No wonder they are broke, they must shop at Pier One for toilet paper also.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not annoyed they are fixing players accounts, annoyed at the with the warning time.
A bit short on the warning time, but they did Tweet it this time so they are making a better effort at using all communication channels to update status.

DeadBob's sea adventure was scheduled for noon, so I expect he's behind this... probably causing the slow-down on Stratics too! :fight:

Even though I'm bummed at missing the event, I know many folks are missing characters and it's best to resolve that ASAP.

Speaking of which... Stratics... you need to feed your hamsters. They are dying!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone complaining about the timing of the update is just plain pathetic.

Ohh wait, I am sure that you all feel entitled to royal personal treatment because you pay a lousy $13 a month?
The Dev's couldnt time it so that every single player on every shard was not inconvienced? Thats just horrid & unacceptable! Friday is especially bad why?
I mean it's not like anyone should have anything else to do on a Friday night right?

Get a real life!

That is all.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Well, TC1 is backl up so maybe not much longer of a wait :)

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

they had to act fast!! Believe me the possible exploit can of worms they opened yesterday was MASSIVE anything you did since it came back up i suspect will be gone when it comes back up again sorry but this is a MUST. I would love to go into details but ill have my post deleted again.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I can't log in on any of my accounts. Maybe I finally got permanently banned for using the enhanced client... :(

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I watched the San Fran. mainly and loved it (die-hard RAMS fan), switching to the KC game for updates. Guess the RAMS take the cup this year.
Meh preseason, too soon, to tell anything yet.

Although KC shoulda at least got on the scoreboard, even for a few pts.

Well since we are not getting to play UO today, yet,
are there any games televising, today ?

I spent 10+ yrs of my life, in Green Bay.
DIE HARD 'PACKER BACKER' here. :)

L

Lori DeLeon

What's more annoying than the server being down on a weekend? The idea that UO is paying these kids to personally insult customers who express frustration with the situation. They should be using that money to pay for good management instead. Would they prefer we call customer service about it? You'd think they would realize that expressing our annoyance on a game forum is much better than paying people to answer phonecalls about it. UO needs a new, astroturf free, forum.

When servers go down on a weekend and no one complains about it, THAT'S when the company should be concerned.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I fear Wobble is right about a revert...If there isn't one some folks will be making millions. Sometimes it surprises me what can't be discussed. Folks should be informed if this bug remains fruitful for some.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I can't log in on any of my accounts. Maybe I finally got permanently banned for using the enhanced client... :(
lmfao, I thought I was the only one for a minute, I read on the herald "servers up" went to log in, and no servers were there. Thought I was being punished again. Saw this post, went back to the herald and it says servers are down....so I guess they took the log-in server down before the servers went down, or else I don't understand how that happens. :(

C

Cloak&Dagger

I fear Wobble is right about a revert...If there isn't one some folks will be making millions. Sometimes it surprises me what can't be discussed. Folks should be informed if this bug remains fruitful for some.
On the other hand the warning could also be seen as advertising of the bug, since a larger group of people would use it.

J

john1

2 minutes warning, and downtime for over 2 hours, and no notificationwhat is happening?

just to be told whats happening would make me happy. but nothing.....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well lets hope this fixes the errors I get when I try view/edit any of my subscriptions.

Thadagaron

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The usual EA problems,no research,no test and they mess it up.Why oh why do they do these type of updates on a friday.When the playerbase pay the consequences on a weekend when the majority of players play.Just another nail in the coffin that is UO.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should imagine that this is the kind of procedure that, once started, has to be finished, no matter how long it takes or what day it falls on.

And for the information of the conspiracy theorists, I'm having just as many problems with the new account management pages as everyone else. I've given up on it, I'll try again on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.