• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 79 Notes (Test Center - TC1)

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we buy a house with the sheds already placed inside them?or can we co-own someone to place them in our house? if we are not 15 years......

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok well on test co-owner can place one ,neither can be dyed with furniture tub

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so your moving horses ect back to first year rewards? No really fair considering people used choices on 3rd year picks wasting reward slots. Are we allowed to turn those horse back in for our reward choices back? Seems only fair!
Serious?... they cost the same amount of reward points... 1... so your saying you only got the ethy cause it was 3rd year and you were showing off your 3rd year status?.. or did you get it cause you needed/wanted a ethy?. if it's the later, I don't see your issue..

Too many people only complain in UO.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serious?... they cost the same amount of reward points... 1... so your saying you only got the ethy cause it was 3rd year and you were showing off your 3rd year status?.. or did you get it cause you needed/wanted a ethy?. if it's the later, I don't see your issue..

too many people only complain in UO.
No they do not cost the same amount of reward point, one will be a first year reward NOT a third year reward (could have used a 1 year account to claim a horse not a third year account). I could have used a choice on a potted cactus knowing they would make the horses a 1 year reward .

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will add the table needs a sort feature sort by level and sort by cords would be a great addition

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found out everyone in the party has to have all the keys(dagger/rites/alter/robe) first time one of the guys didn't have the rites and you have to click the tomb again after everyone uses the dagger on the tomb that's on the alter. The boss is a beast and it looks like he regens hp, we got the scroll/healing staff/bracers/legs from killing him. The boss uses mystic spells so expect RCs, sleep, he also has spellweaving and will cast wod/wildfire, moves with paragon speed, uses specials like bleed and some kind of area effect.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so heres a question.....

so we can now lock down stuff in the courtyards of castles..... and we are getting garden sheds....... so will the garden shed fit in the courtyard of the castle?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best publish I've seen maybe ever those items and new book look amazing I hope hope hope
The garden shed isn't account bound it will look awesome in my court yard
With the garden beds and seed box :)

Thunderz

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man... i've been waiting to see possible armor/specials revamps since they were originally talked about, and was so excited to see a pub coming up. Unfortunately these are not included obviously... bummer.

On another note though... sucks if you spent alot of gold on those alchemical bracers lol
This is all so...

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be curious to see if we can use the sheds if we aren't 15 years old. I'd gladly trade my 3 vet choices I've saved up for 1 shed. But because I STUPIDLY closed my account twice over the years, I'm 4.35 years away from getting that shed.
:sad2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will have to wait 2 years for one.

But that's fine.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is possible, to use the green areas of the castle, it would be nice to be able to do the same with the keep. Since the recall change I can no longer reach the green areas below one of my guild keeps, where I have stored some non decaying furniture as deco. So opening doors in the lower parts of a keep would be great (or a thing similar to the mouseholes).
Second: Locking down items on the outer walls.
I hate the message "This is outside of your house" if I try to place a bulletin board on the left or right side of the door on the wall. It seems to work for a specific hight, but I found no rule.
But I think, being able to put things like pictures, banners, trophies or tapestries on the outer walls would make also the classic designs of these grey colosses more desirable and Sosaria more colorful.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone have a pic of what it looks like inside the shed?

Thanks in advance.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you drop the shed..in the castle courtyard toooo???.....:next:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the maps and mibs inside dont seem to count towards the lockdown/secure items. :)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the holiday treats - esp the mib & tmap holders - free up some lockdowns and a place to store my Skull & Crossed Bones rug and Dolphin rug swag!

KUDOS to th eDev Team!

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking agout these:
  • Clockwork Leggings (Platemail Leggings) - Imbueable
    • Dexterity Bonus 5
    • Stamina Regen 5
    • Defense Chance Increase 25%
    • Physical Resist 5%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 2%
    • Poison Resist 3%
    • Energy Resist 2%
Low resists, no LRC, LMC, Int or Mana 3 of 5 imbuing slots taken. So my question is "Why are these so great for a Mage?" With only 2 imbue slots I would have a hard time putting these on a malee char much less one of my mages.
In theory only , 3 of 5 slots used, but since the item most likely is non-exceptional, there will be room for prob only one full scale mod. But still, I like it:) Nice addition to the kilt and chest and torc-Giant Step boots don't hack it:)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Scroll of Valiant Commendation stackable or only one time increase of 5 stat points form 255 of 260?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the Scroll of Valiant Commendation stackable or only one time increase of 5 stat points form 255 of 260?
  • Scroll of Valiant Commendation [Replica]
    • Gives the character who eats it a +5 permanent gain to maximum stats
    • Cannot be stacked with a previous Scroll of Valiant Commendation
    • If the scroll has been used it will have a “Claimed By” item property

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Scroll of Valiant Commendation [Replica]
    • Gives the character who eats it a +5 permanent gain to maximum stats
    • Cannot be stacked with a previous Scroll of Valiant Commendation
    • If the scroll has been used it will have a “Claimed By” item property
Thanks! My fault

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like to take a moment to thank all the devs for their dedication and hard work they put into Ultima Online. This publish added some really neat stuff and it's awesome to note how closely they are listening to the player community. I'll be counting the years until I can get my gardening shed! *smacks self again for closing account twice* From now on, only breaks for me.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah, so the shed can´t be entered then?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't begrudge people getting free versions of course, but there won't be many of these items escaping onto the market except via IDOCs, which is an even sadder thought. So it might be an idea to also put them in the store too; it would increase the revenue stream of Ultima Online, and people will always still want more sheds.
I may well be wrong, but I did not notice any mention that the Garden shed will be account bound. It would not make much sense if it was either since houses can be sold and transferred to other players.
This means, that while Garden shed will initially be claimable by 15 Years Veterans, they will then be transferable and, I would imagine, usable, by players with less active age accounts.

I can imagine for example trades between Veteran players. The Davie's Locker is, for example, a 8th Year Veteran Reward. It could be, for example, that a 15 Years player might be interested in trading their Garden shed reward for a few Davie's Locker rewards, for example.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you for the nice pics. Again, kudos to the Developers for the very, very nice upcoming Publish.

One question about the Davie's Locker, can it somehow be named into something the player prefers ?
For example, since it can hold Treasure Maps or SoS scrolls, can the player somehow name the reward "Treausre Maps" or "SoS scrolls" so as to keep the containers as separate depending on what they want to hold ?

By the way, the container is for SoS scrolls but not for MiBs bottles, right ? Or can MiBs bottles be stored in them as well like SoS scrolls ?

Does the Davie's Locker differenciate between regular Waterstained SoS and Ancient Sos ?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something I was thinking of, perhaps they could program a Dupre Npc that can raarely spawn in the final fight with clockwork Exodus? I mean, since Dupre's men are in battle there, maybe he could show up every now and then. Maybe make it so Dupre's rare appearance in the final fight can either give a buff to the players or debuff to exodus, or just have the Dupre npc able to hold his own in the fight.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may well be wrong, but I did not notice any mention that the Garden shed will be account bound. It would not make much sense if it was either since houses can be sold and transferred to other players.
This means, that while Garden shed will initially be claimable by 15 Years Veterans, they will then be transferable and, I would imagine, usable, by players with less active age accounts.

I can imagine for example trades between Veteran players. The Davie's Locker is, for example, a 8th Year Veteran Reward. It could be, for example, that a 15 Years player might be interested in trading their Garden shed reward for a few Davie's Locker rewards, for example.
That won't be how it works in practice though; for me to get a Davies Locker, I'd need to play for another 3 years as of yesterday. Once I got one, I'd be unlikely to trade it, as it's a very attractive piece with utility we've been asking for for years. To get to a Garden Shed, I need to play for another 10 years. I am unlikely to have more than one reward choice by the time I get there, so I'd take the Shed and keep it. If I was already closing on 15 years, I'd take the more valuable item, and also not trade it. I would take then the shed, and sit on it. The only way anyone would get my shed is if my house fell after I later quit, and the shed was still in it (and could be looted, which it may not be).

Regarding the lower Year requirements, what is the percentage of people who will be arriving at each year marker for the newly added rewards? I suspect that most are either at the low end or very near the high end of the scale by now; but lets assume it's some, scattered between 1-15... how many of them will take the Exodus statue for instance and not a more pragmatic reward, or save the picks for later, more impressive rewards instead? At least with the dye tubs, they can (and morally, I'd say should) be put on public display for public use... I expect anyone turning 5 after publish 79 will take the Leather Dye Tub. But the statues? I'd like one, but I can't see any realistic way of getting one; few will take them, even fewer will likely be selling any time soon. So Titchy-Exodus is unlikely to be seen in the lands.

The change to Ethereal Horses I do actually like, but the generosity at the high end I think is disappointing because the amount of people who will experience it is so small. So I repeat myself, I'd rather see the items also put in the UO store, at a premium if need be. And still give vets a pick of them too; they lose exclusivity yes, but they gain a discernible material value to their reward.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That won't be how it works in practice though; for me to get a Davies Locker, I'd need to play for another 3 years as of yesterday. Once I got one, I'd be unlikely to trade it, as it's a very attractive piece with utility we've been asking for for years. To get to a Garden Shed, I need to play for another 10 years. I am unlikely to have more than one reward choice by the time I get there, so I'd take the Shed and keep it. If I was already closing on 15 years, I'd take the more valuable item, and also not trade it. I would take then the shed, and sit on it. The only way anyone would get my shed is if my house fell after I later quit, and the shed was still in it (and could be looted, which it may not be).
By the time a Veteran player reaches 8th Year status (when the Davie's Locker can be picked), they have accumulated a total of 13 veteran picks. Some may have used them all, but some may have not. So, circumstances may vary. But for those Veteran players who have saved some of their 13 picks along those 8 years, the possibility to organize a trade between 2 or perhaps 3 8th Year Davie's Locker rewards and a 15th Year Garden Shed (assuming it is not account bound and that it will be tradeable) is not irrealistic.

My point is, that even if a player has not yet reached the status of 15 Years active Veteran Account, there may still be ways to get the Garden Shed through trading with other players.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested it on TC1 in a castle i placed and i could place both in the courtyard :)
very nice....its just gona cost me one shard shield less....time to think if its worth it..lol...thanks!!! [:next:]

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who couldn't use 10+ stumps or ore carts?

Unless DNA test of Narvy to yours or endless solo grinding and selling drops to afford a castle. Who would pick the statue? The whole reward statue list needs to be a rare recipe drop crafted items with crafter name. Ingriedents needed rarity, let the hair pulling fits insue. The one time I did pick a statue for a reward. Could compare to dropping a brick on your own foot just to see what it would feel like. Same effect with my little voice saying that one heart crushing word, "STUPID."

Thing is remove the statues and the number of rewards left vs number of picks a 15 year account would of earned. They need to sell one pick reward tokens at the store. The token purchased would be by year block like 5th year rewards token. Any 5 year or younger reward can be picked and account needs to be 5 years old to activate token. $9.99 a token. What crafter heavy player wouldn't spend $100 on tokens for ore carts if their account was old enough? With a bunch of ore carts I would feel sorry for the scripters that they had to waste electricity. The tokens could also cost $1 per year of choice so an 11 year would be $11. Works better being the older items are so much cooler. Game control of useful rewards would still be there regulating certain rewards with the "age to use".

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the time a Veteran player reaches 8th Year status (when the Davie's Locker can be picked), they have accumulated a total of 13 veteran picks. Some may have used them all, but some may have not. So, circumstances may vary. But for those Veteran players who have saved some of their 13 picks along those 8 years, the possibility to organize a trade between 2 or perhaps 3 8th Year Davie's Locker rewards and a 15th Year Garden Shed (assuming it is not account bound and that it will be tradeable) is not irrealistic.

My point is, that even if a player has not yet reached the status of 15 Years active Veteran Account, there may still be ways to get the Garden Shed through trading with other players.
No, it really is unrealistic, because you don't seem to understand distribution scales... Garden Sheds are not just 8+5, because the 8 and the 5 are not equal units; because for every extra year the game progresses, the chance of a player becoming bored and leaving, or even the game being closed entirely becomes more likely and so changes the calculations people make, and so the relative worth of an item increases on a curved scale as the likelihood of it being in game goes down; 1st year rewards are worth let's say 50,000 to 100,000 gold at present; that's literally 30 minutes at most of killing monsters. A Garden Shed however is going to be near 15 Anniversary Robe levels of worth, possibly even more because in the immediate future less will be coming into game, only once per account at a specific incredibly rare level of account, and they have considerable practical use and people aren't going to want to sell them.

You're also assuming they will have saved enough of, and want to spend the Vet reward points, on trading with you... instead of just taking the items they want for themselves directly. Even if they took 2 sheds, because the shed is going to be worth an incredible amount and has greater trading power, you're not going to be getting away with trading a few statues for one... you're talking Trammel Castle levels of rarity at least for a shed.

And that's assuming the items don't have account age restrictions. Let's say for the shed its a generous 5 years below the 15 it can be purchased as; I'd still need to play for 5 years, and for the game to be here in 2017 with a 10 year usage limit for even me to use it. Ultima Online needs to be here in 2022 for me to actually take one. So at best, who is going to plan a trade 5 years in the future, for an item they took and sit on now, that the owner has absolutely no reason to have taken on your behalf and you're unlikely to be able to afford?

You Popps will never be able to buy a garden shed. The reason it's in game is more likely that they wish to reward, and encourage to stay, the absolute long term veterans. You don't do that by giving them something designed to be traded to someone else. The items designed are ones they want to keep, and they've been designed very well, they are lovely. But 15 years down the line, it probably makes more sense to also allow them to be purchased by others too...

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad the shed couldn't be put in the bankbox as a smaller item that held even half the item count. This would truly be a 15 year reward along with shard transfer shields it would be the better choice instead of a hard choice between another shard shield.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can get the rewards on test center at haven, shed isnt account bound but it is in deed form and need to be 15yr to use it,but if you know a 15yr player i think you can co-own him and he can place it in your house if you buy one(thats what im going to try and do)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the whole publish! Thanks for everything. I am two years from garden shed, but I woulnt have a prob if there were another way go get one, fifteen years are a very long time. Maybe some small variation to see wich one it is. I think all veteren rewards once they are picked should be usable for anyone. The ethy is a step in the right direction. The one thing I really want is the leather dye tub to be usable for everyone. Like all other tubs used for cloth and armour. As it is now the new people all wear white leather. Better than before when they had everything mismatching but still...

I wish that any player could buy and place all rewards that the veterans can pick. Or atleast the useful ones. It must be very discouraging for new players to have to wait for fifteen years for a reward and by then the oldest vets pick thirty year amazing rewards. So discouraging. Its best for all of us if the new people are kept happy and dont have to feel its us and them. Much more important for me than owning a show off item others can just dream about.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st year rewards are worth let's say 50,000 to 100,000 gold at present; that's literally 30 minutes at most of killing monsters.

I thought that the Commodity Deed Boxes, a 1st Year Veteran reward, was worth about 6 millions.........

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Rewards are all over the place right now. As it should be. What are the portals worth? I think the Devs are doing a great job of making all years worth while.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can get the rewards on test center at haven, shed isnt account bound but it is in deed form and need to be 15yr to use it,but if you know a 15yr player i think you can co-own him and he can place it in your house if you buy one(thats what im going to try and do)
So, if I understand it well, it can be traded to a non 15 Years account but the non 15 Years account will not be able to place the Garden Shed in their House ?

But if the non 15 Years account players co-owns a 15 Year account player to their house the 15 Year account player will be able to place the Garden Shed and then the non 15 Years account player will also be able to use the shed ? Assuming this works, what happens then if the 15 Years account players is removed as a co-owner from the House ? Will the non 15 Years account player still be able to use the Garden Shed ?

Anyways, even it it worked, it would hardly be feasible but between close friends.
The non 15 Years account player would need to put a whole lot of trust in the 15 Years account player by trading them a large sum of gold in advance, trusting them that they will then place the Garden Shed afterwards....

And what would happen to the 15 Years account player already owning a House when they are registered as co-owners of the non 15 Years account House ? Would the 15 Years account House get condemned ?

Last edited:

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if I understand it well, it can be traded to a non 15 Years account but the non 15 Years account will not be able to place the Garden Shed in their House ?

But if the non 15 Years account players co-owns a 15 Year account player to their house the 15 Year account player will be able to place the Garden Shed and then the non 15 Years account player will also be able to use the shed ? Assuming this works, what happens then if the 15 Years account players is removed as a co-owner from the House ? Will the non 15 Years account player still be able to use the Garden Shed ?

Anyways, even it it worked, it would hardly be feasible but between close friends.
The non 15 Years account player would need to put a whole lot of trust in the 15 Years account player by trading them a large sum of gold in advance, trusting them that they will then place the Garden Shed afterwards....

And what would happen to the 15 Years account player already owning a House when they are registered as co-owners of the non 15 Years account House ? Would the 15 Years account House get condemned ?
This is what Test Shard is all about. and no when you are co-owned to a house you do not condemn your present house.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
popps... when you hit 15 years the shed will be yours. Until then, do not worry about it. It is not overpowering and no one will drop a shed on your head... ding dong and all of that.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps... when you hit 15 years the shed will be yours. Until then, do not worry about it. It is not overpowering and no one will drop a shed on your head... ding dong and all of that.

I have no problems with waiting. Playing the game in the meantinme makes the time go by, almost without noticing for me.......

I am asking the questions just to understand how it works.