• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 79 Notes (Test Center - TC1)

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best thing about this publish is the fact that they made all 3rd year ethy horses rewards 1st year rewards :(

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several best things in this publish. Love the garden sheds, Tmap storage and the ability to finally decorate that grassy area! Thanks to the entire Dev team. I know you worked hard on this and hope everyone made it safely through the storm! Thanks again!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I like what I see in Pub 79. My only request would be for two more replicas added to the Exodus peerless:

- Conjurer's Garb (replica)
- Conjurer's Trinket (replica)

Both would have 255/255 durability like the other items. Adding this. Would fill a big void in the game for these items.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a better clue as how to find it never even hear of ver lor place..........5 hours wondering around on a test center .........coulda been testing it or playing on regular shard,why make things so tuff to test out......

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Chance of something special happening when used outside of your house

Tamer here..wish to buy more stable slots...cus now I have a TURKEY I have to find room for! I'm sorry the other things are way cool but OMG I have a pet turkey....I think I'm in heaven! :)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give the Turkey to a non-tamer. My mule has two of them now.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so your moving horses ect back to first year rewards? No really fair considering people used choices on 3rd year picks wasting reward slots. Are we allowed to turn those horse back in for our reward choices back? Seems only fair!

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so your moving horses ect back to first year rewards? No really fair considering people used choices on 3rd year picks wasting reward slots. Are we allowed to turn those horse back in for our reward choices back? Seems only fair!
Then people would just get a bunch of horses to turn in for new picks, making the price of regular ethy horses skyrocket and reward the new players even more ......................

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure it's really that unfair. Someone wanting an ethy mount would select it regardless of whether or not it is a 3rd or 1rst year reward.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
8th Year: Davies’ LockerThis is based on a real-life glass top table containing a three-dimensional map of Britannia, created by Alan Davies. The table resides in the front lobby of Mythic Studios.
Anyone happen to have a picture of the one in the lobby

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More seriously... Whilst the next publish is impressive, I have to admit feeling a bit kicked in the perspectives with two things; firstly, I turned 5 years on my account today, just a few hours before the publish notes; and I took the Bloody Pentagram. Which then didn't seem to fit! So I was really frustrated by the time I saw what was coming; And had I known I'd have waited a few days and gone for the Leather Metallic Dye Tub reward! Those aren't going to be very common methinks... I've since managed to get it where I wanted it to be with some fiddling, so feel better about my choice, but even so, I winced at the to-the-day timing...

And secondly, having spent an hour or so each day for a month collecting Halloween Cloth, and getting ooooh so close to the set, I suspect the Cloth dye tubs are a way to make the colours available all year round, and thus have destroyed the worth of the cloth if so, as everyone will have that specific tub; can someone on Test Centre get the hues from the tub and confirm if it's the same colour range? Oh well, it'll be 144 lock down spaces released again I suppose... and that's the nature of the MMO beast, but still, combined with the lack of cow spawn, OUCH ME SOFT PARTS.

Thirdly, does anyone else feel a little sad seeing rewards that sound wonderful, but that are going to be another considerable range of years away for many at least? I don't begrudge people getting free versions of course, but there won't be many of these items escaping onto the market except via IDOCs, which is an even sadder thought. So it might be an idea to also put them in the store too; it would increase the revenue stream of Ultima Online, and people will always still want more sheds. Especially Arthur "Two-Sheds" Jackson. He can't get enough of those garden sheds.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a thought, why not HCI and not DCI on these platemail leggings? Just another piece the mages will imbue "mage armor" onto, and stack to their already insane DCI levels.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Impressive publish. Well done!

I'm still holding off on my choices until I see what the garden shed looks like. Decisions, decisions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And secondly, having spent an hour or so each day for a month collecting Halloween Cloth, and getting ooooh so close to the set, I suspect the Cloth dye tubs are a way to make the colours available all year round, and thus have destroyed the worth of the cloth if so, as everyone will have that specific tub; can someone on Test Centre get the hues from the tub and confirm if it's the same colour range? Oh well, it'll be 144 lock down spaces released again I suppose... and that's the nature of the MMO beast, but still, combined with the lack of cow spawn, OUCH ME SOFT PARTS.
I heard a rumor that a dye tub was going to contain those colors. I wasted many hours this week collecting cloth. Maybe the candy will have value someday...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many great new vet rewards and not enough picks :( I have saved 4 to get some teleporters, but now I want more stuff!!! Great publish!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:eyes: Anyone find that fast forward button to take us all to 15 years to get that garden shed. I don't care about the lock downs I just want the shed for deco purposes. grads to all you 15 year vet players

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a thought, why not HCI and not DCI on these platemail leggings? Just another piece the mages will imbue "mage armor" onto, and stack to their already insane DCI levels.
Are you talking agout these:
  • Clockwork Leggings (Platemail Leggings) - Imbueable
    • Dexterity Bonus 5
    • Stamina Regen 5
    • Defense Chance Increase 25%
    • Physical Resist 5%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 2%
    • Poison Resist 3%
    • Energy Resist 2%
Low resists, no LRC, LMC, Int or Mana 3 of 5 imbuing slots taken. So my question is "Why are these so great for a Mage?" With only 2 imbue slots I would have a hard time putting these on a malee char much less one of my mages.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:eyes: Anyone find that fast forward button to take us all to 15 years to get that garden shed. I don't care about the lock downs I just want the shed for deco purposes. grads to all you 15 year vet players
Just another reason why UO should consider letting people age thier accounts and come up with a Vet Reward Turn-In System. UO needs all the help it can get to keep long term (Vets) players and new players to stick around.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the locker can be placed on a Britannian Ship.....

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking agout these:
  • Clockwork Leggings (Platemail Leggings) - Imbueable
    • Dexterity Bonus 5
    • Stamina Regen 5
    • Defense Chance Increase 25%
    • Physical Resist 5%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 2%
    • Poison Resist 3%
    • Energy Resist 2%
Low resists, no LRC, LMC, Int or Mana 3 of 5 imbuing slots taken. So my question is "Why are these so great for a Mage?" With only 2 imbue slots I would have a hard time putting these on a malee char much less one of my mages.
Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia By far a better option for a melee char.

Fey Leggings - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia Not as good but better than these new leggings.

http://www.uoguide.com/Leggings_of_Bane Shame these can't be imbued...

Still all the above could be better than the new legs but at lease they can be imbued. Can they be enhanced on top?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still dont get it why they make replicas less stronger than the original, since when they do that ? If you look at all other replicas ingame : Lieutenant sash, all the robes, the boots, and any other piece of armor replica, they ALL have the same stats as the originals. Hope the devs will fix that otherwise they do not deserve the replica name, sorry a replica need to be a replica...
Replica's first started up because of duped items (all the items you mentioned)
This time is different, these replica's are because people said the cure rewards handout was messed up maybe?
Why cant you just be grateful that you can get some like the originals? i mean, they are only a few % from the original.
One thing i love ingame is killing boss type mobs, these are going to be enjoyable to get now.
Hmm, would i have spent nearly 1-2 months farming, doing the cure puzzle, etc if i knew you could get them in replica at a later date? probely not.
Basicly you have had these given to you on a plate compaired to the cure quest. (well, depending how easy/hard farming the keys is)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heard the shed refered to as an outhouse. Sell "Shed Rebuild Kits" off carp NPC vendors with other art design styles. "She's a Brick ........ House!" Above ground Marble Crypt. Mound of dirt with a door, Storm Shelter.

My metalic dye tub has and does dye metal chest. Was the latter ones picked glitched? Explains why I sell the dyed metal chest out fast for more then their turn in points.

Past experience as memory. Wont be locking anything I can't afford to lose in my courtyard right away.

Cornucopia had rare chance for cornstalk. Horn nothing. Now if the turkey that spawned had the frenzy''s stats and pack (flocking birds), that would of been something. See the Xmass gift has rare chance for an infested tree. Have that tree create once a month a rotten fruit. Something that can be thrown at suspected AFKers that a GM with free time can scan/check all the earmarked players. They fail the "what color is Sosaris's sky?" question. Player that tagged the AFKer the GM rewards with a mask painted by them of a 5th artwork design.

On vet rewards again. Learn that age to pick and age to use are need to know things. Giving only 15 year vets 250 free locks, SUPER. Giving 15 year vets something to fleece gold out of younger accounts, UNCOOL. Why look for feedback from those that play the game if all the info is not there. My UO time is to precious to spend any of it on TC doing your job. Should be on a BOD run and not here, same BOD rewards pushing a decade so here.

The cure quest and the event drops was a farse. Thanks for the returned chances for those that don't live and breath UO or bend it's will with hacks.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, they are a permanent addition. Also, if you'd like to still wrangle some raiders, you can visit the Guard Captains to get binding rope and venture to the Brigand fort between Yew and Skara to tie em up!
You should remember to change the text on the Guard Captains. Right now they talk about the lack of a Crown and famines and stuff, and that won't apply after the Publish.

I would also like to recommend that you put raiders in at least one more place. (Perhaps Malas?)

I would also encourage you to remove or at least considerably lessen the negative effects of positive loyalty to someplace else, especially for characters which have not declared citizenship.

Finally, currently gaining loyalty this way on a warrior is extremely problematic. Not sure what to suggest to do about it, though.

-Galen's player

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should remember to change the text on the Guard Captains. Right now they talk about the lack of a Crown and famines and stuff, and that won't apply after the Publish.

I would also like to recommend that you put raiders in at least one more place. (Perhaps Malas?)

I would also encourage you to remove or at least considerably lessen the negative effects of positive loyalty to someplace else, especially for characters which have not declared citizenship.

Finally, currently gaining loyalty this way on a warrior is extremely problematic. Not sure what to suggest to do about it, though.

-Galen's player
The text of the Guard Captains has been changed.

There are no plans to add another location for the raiders at this point, as they represent only 1 of the ways to gain City loyalty. Their function was to enhance the live arc, now that the event is complete their function has passed -- however since already have them, might as well stick them somewhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by lessening the effects? If the intent is to be able to gain loyalty to every City, not sure how I feel about it seeing as the intent of City Loyalty is to pick one City to really call home.

As far as gaining loyalty on a Warrior there is the option of participating in a Champ spawn.

Yes, I wondered that too, can we still ADD to our loyalty or is adding to it also locked?
You will still continue to be able to add to your City Loyalty.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pick a horse on my 15 year old account because the pygmy boura looks goofy. Nothing stops an older account from younger picks. But how about they make the grandfathered horses already in game when retouched appear as a black horse and not some tamer shed bought tan nag? Yes age of an account should have those stand out items. As far as the horses go. Not really seeing a player picking any the younger rides as a reward when there are so many out there for sale. Another option before they make the horse change is they wait a month. Put an NPC in at the brit banks that will alter a horse eth to a llamma or ostard. After a month they can punch the go code key for the horse change and 3 year vets can still stand out from 1 year. I can see your unease. They only build the bikes. They have no clue on how to ride them.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a useless Mage piece..how many good mages you see running fey leggings? Those are dexxer legs hands down..even with Mage armor they are crap no lrc,mr,lmc...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now on the SOS and Tmap storage that is not mentioned. Is this a 5 -1 like BOB book? 500-1 for storage? Or a 1-1 storage with a cute container?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat.

There are no plans to add another location for the raiders at this point, as they represent only 1 of the ways to gain City loyalty. Their function was to enhance the live arc, now that the event is complete their function has passed -- however since already have them, might as well stick them somewhere.
To me they actually serve a semi-important RP function: They are a brigand that's actually dangerous. Indeed, they are a non-dungeon spawn that's dangerous, something quite lacking.

I'm not sure what you mean by lessening the effects?
Currently you gain loyalty in one place, and then if you gain in another, as soon as you go back to your first city, you start to "gain" negative loyalty in the second city.

This made sense during the event cycle, because your intent as far as I can figure was to show disunity and chaos due to lack of a Crown.

But there's a Crown now.

If the intent is to be able to gain loyalty to every City, not sure how I feel about it seeing as the intent of City Loyalty is to pick one City to really call home.
Well the idea is this.....We didn't have a center, and now we do.

As far as I can tell the only actual in-game effects, aside from buying a city banner, come not from loyalty itself but from declaring citizenship. A related, but separate, system.

Granted....The decay of negative Loyalty already serves this function to a degree. (A fact which I admit I'd completely forgotten about when I posted.) Especially if I could talk you into making negative loyalty decay somewhat more per raider killed at the camp.

As far as gaining loyalty on a Warrior there is the option of participating in a Champ spawn.
Indeed. As the spawns don't really threaten any cities, though, that really makes it more akin to Fame. ("Have you heard about how hard our Knights fight in Ilshenar?")

It does occur to me now, though.....I of course present thoughts highly influenced by my own character's RP situation, I always admit that, but it also just hit me that his situation may well be close to unique . . . And that thus my attempts to influence broader policy on that basis may not make much sense.

While we're talking I also should like to argue that we should get Justice for killing or arresting raiders, and correspondingly (but entirely unrelated) we should get Honor for PvP arena fights.

-Galen's player

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Replica's first started up because of duped items (all the items you mentioned)
This time is different, these replica's are because people said the cure rewards handout was messed up maybe?
Why cant you just be grateful that you can get some like the originals? i mean, they are only a few % from the original.
One thing i love ingame is killing boss type mobs, these are going to be enjoyable to get now.
Hmm, would i have spent nearly 1-2 months farming, doing the cure puzzle, etc if i knew you could get them in replica at a later date? probely not.
Basicly you have had these given to you on a plate compaired to the cure quest. (well, depending how easy/hard farming the keys is)
Yes thats true about the replicas and yes i am grantful from bringing them available , but to be honest really, now i want the bracers replicas more for collect than to use with these low resists(-13 total resists), originals ones were already tight to use in a suit but now who would use them. Same with the 2 others replicas from Exodus they miss something.... Bracers are for wrestlers and they dont even have HCI. Im still happy that they bring new replicas to the game but what if none use them what are they for? Collectors?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a gate and chest now to see and test the Vet Rewards on TC1.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I LOVE Davies’ Locker, but please please please give it the ability to sort the maps by facet and/or level. Please.
.... Please.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shed looks kool,daves locker prolly nice for t-mapper, statues are small and dont make any sound sorta waste of a pick should be 1st year

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I'm not sure what you mean by lessening the effects? If the intent is to be able to gain loyalty to every City, not sure how I feel about it seeing as the intent of City Loyalty is to pick one City to really call home.

You will still continue to be able to add to your City Loyalty.

But Kyronix ... That is only for a few towns. Some folk like Umbra and other towns..... NuJelm etc.... which we can't build loyalty to...

and I personally have a town with a Banner... so WHY would I be loyal to any other???

Honestly I'd prefer if I could build build loyalty to my Town with my Banner. I want a title that says "Duke of Newcastle"... Why would I be a knight in Newcastle and loyal to anywhere else? Just saying.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so are the sheds account bound?
Not sure its Tc .. I know the account I placed it with is not 15 years old and have not tried to hand it off to another account..my guess would be no but thats a guess

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat pics.

Do the things require that account age to use, or just to get?

I realize I forgot to generically say that I like what I've read about this Publish.

-Galen's player

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone explain how to use the alter/rites/dagger/robe. I altered the dagger at the npc so my gargoyle could hold it, I double clicked the alter at a shrine then used the rites on the tomb and double clicked the dagger into the tomb and it said I gained a lot of karma then the alter expired. Does anyone know how to do this yet?