• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin (Edited)

K

Kayne

Re: [UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin

btw: represents
Thank you that was driving me crazy. Spell check = professional.

The trial account only being able to use the help channel makes no sense. If a noob needs help the LAST place they are going to find it is in the help channel. Besides, global chat is something someone should be able to use and learn about before deciding on buying the game or not.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking how unprofessional UO looks everytime they post with typing errors and bad grammar everywhere.

Also it makes lots of sense. All my chars are in Help Channel to help new players as much as I can. I spend less than 0.1% of time in general chat.

T

tiggertessa2007

hey guys, i didnt have time to read this whole thread, so this may have been asked already. was just wondering if anyone knew if this publish was gonna go live today or when?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As an occasional Solo-PvPer this immediately screamed no more 1v1s/1v2s/PVP to me.... Who needs an Orny or nice imbued bracelet when you can wear 10 of your friends on your wrist?
Stealth in, activate the bracelet, boom....

Great for raids and harrowers.

Can also make Julian fries.

K

Kayne

hey guys, i didnt have time to read this whole thread, so this may have been asked already. was just wondering if anyone knew if this publish was gonna go live today or when?
Already on Origin

T

tiggertessa2007

when do the other shards get it....i shoulda clarified , i knew it was on origin just wondering how long it usually takes for other shards to get a publish like this.....sorry im doing 20 different things right now.

K

Kayne

when do the other shards get it....i shoulda clarified , i knew it was on origin just wondering how long it usually takes for other shards to get a publish like this.....sorry im doing 20 different things right now.
Chances are not for a while since the new shield reward will take at least a month to do anything when claimed. But who knows

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It really depends on how smoothly it goes on Origin would be the best answer. Haven't heard a lot of issues going on so if not by the end of this week I would say next week at latest would be a good estimate.

T

tiggertessa2007

Thanks Fellers!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was a problem on test center that they did not bother to fix.
I totally missed that. I just tested it earlier today and found it was like that on Test, too. I think I missed it because I primarily played Test on my Sampire.

Hmm...now to find out what other bugs were on Test ;/.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Not if you claim one on each shard now doesn't it?

I have not claimed any of my rewards yet... better to buy lower year rewards and save for things like this.
^ for me as well ^ , I Knew there was a reason i wasn't picking my vet rewards =D

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I truly hope they don't implement the new loot system to all the major dungeons and other areas of the game.. it would just mean that the dungeons would be empty again.

With just a few dungeons with the new loot system (or a dungeon rotation, new dungeon every week or so) there'd be more player interaction and the world wouldn't feel so empty.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I truly hope they don't implement the new loot system to all the major dungeons and other areas of the game.. it would just mean that the dungeons would be empty again.

With just a few dungeons with the new loot system (or a dungeon rotation, new dungeon every week or so) there'd be more player interaction and the world wouldn't feel so empty.
None of this ^ makes any sense.

The dungeons are dead now save a few choice spots and the ones with champ spawns. This gives more potential for activity than they have had for years. I don't feel like this is going to be like some do however. I plan to unravel anything with no durability and only plan to keep those items that are able to be repaired/pof'd as I suspect will most of the powergamers. Thus, making my suits more powerful than they already are. All these ideas that we will have a thriving vendor market for this stuff is wishful thinking IMO. After a month people will only buy the uber pristine artifacts and items and all the cursed and brittle ones will collect dust.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exept on siege, cause we're not noobs and we know its the only true way to play.

You guys have been so tramellised... they whine about an EV attacking another... its always been this way in UO.

EVs are powerful yes, but random and non intelligent, and its always been this way.

Have you guys even considered ther possibility that its not a bug ?

Trammelites... rolleyes:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hope someone is reading.

Major bug found in this loot system. Details in the thread Here.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Shame Loot Changes
Durabilities are now different for Brittle and Cannot Be Repaired:
If an item is Brittle and does not have Cannot Be Repaired, its durability is 35.
If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and does not have Brittle, its durability is 150.
If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and also has Brittle, its durability is 75.
Self-Repair and Durability Increase cannot appear on any item with Brittle or Cannot Be Repaired.
It is now possible for the following item properties to spawn:
Faster Casting (Jewelry, Weapons, Shields)
Battle Lust (Melee Weapons)
Slayers (Weapons)
Balanced (Bows)
Mage Armor (Non-Medable Armor)
Spell Channeling (Weapons, Shields)
Night Sight (Jewelry)
Reactive Paralyze (Two-Handed Melee, Bows, and Shields)
Use Best Weapon Skill (Melee Weapons)
Gargoyle Earrings will now drop

good changes !! thumbs up

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks devs, keep up the good work !

Now please pretty please :

You forgot mages, there is no spellbook drops

The last good spellbooks I seen was during the invasions...

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exept on siege, cause we're not noobs and we know its the only true way to play.

You guys have been so tramellised... they whine about an EV attacking another... its always been this way in UO.

EVs are powerful yes, but random and non intelligent, and its always been this way.

Have you guys even considered ther possibility that its not a bug ?

Trammelites... rolleyes:
Your statements are incorrect. The EV behavior has been changed recently. Not sure why you would believe otherwise. They have been not been randomly aggressive for many more years than they were randomly aggressive. That's not to say it was not an intended change however.

Good to see you are bringing back Siege eliteism though. It endears the other 98% of the playerbase to your plights and issues greatly.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holding much grudge, are we ?

It's not because I outwitted you so many times that you need to come attack my in a publish thread :p

Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who form an elite — a select group of people with intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.[1]
Hmm... thank you !

And if you meant it in the pejorative way... well I'm sorry but there is nothing "special" about realising that siege is more true to UO than any other server.

Alternatively, the term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of a limited number of people. Those opposed to elitism are considered supporters of anti-elitism, egalitarianism, populism or the political theory of pluralism. Elite theory is the sociological or political science analysis of elite influence in society - elite theorists regard pluralism as a utopian ideal.
You really think its a good idea to bring politics into this ?

Last time I really played UO was in 2001, the EVs for me, when I came on a trammel-lite *registered TM* server, became so convenient that I felt horrible using them.

Like with many other things... I'm sorry if it would be easier for you to "categorise" me... but it isn't like that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are the better pieces from a trip to Shame on Origin about an hour ago on my peace tamer who has 680 luck on her suit. This is all from stuff leading up to level 3. Only had time to kill one flame (?) elemental there and had to leave so I got no further than that. The saltpeter, potash, and gunpowder came from the wall guardians. I noticed that the earth eles were dropping ore other than just plain iron and one of the greater earth eles had a big ole chunk of verite ore on it. I also noticed executioner's cap dropping as a reagent on the earth eles and that they seem to be also dropping necro reagents. Collected about 21 of the executioner's cap from the couple earth eles I killed, so maybe there are plans to start using it for something.....?

I enjoyed my brief foray, but imagine the wall guardians will be a major pain if you die and are trying to get back to your body that is holding your cursed and other uninsured items (think Siege/Mugen). Also, these changes to the loot mods just have my head spinning. We thought imbuing was game-changing; this is almost unbelievable and I haven't decided in my own mind if it's going to be good or bad in the end. It should bring some people back though for the challenge/change of pace of new mobs and maybe for the challenge of regearing and that's definitely a good thing.

I hope the issue with suits getting messed up is quickly resolved. It's putting a damper on my desire to do much more testing.

Quick question for Petra: Do you need help with gathering information on the new mobs and if so what info do you need and where do we submit it?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
*Flashes a fake badge and walks into the High Security Vault*
I don't want to ruin a team members Christmas so I wont post them all unless they dun care :)

Just logged into UO....ever get the feeling that you're being watched?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holding much grudge, are we ?

It's not because I outwitted you so many times that you need to come attack my in a publish thread :p
I'm sorry that I pointed out your statements were incorrect. You must really be smart as you have outwitted me so many times I cannot remember a single one. Unless, of course, your posts were deleted and I did not get the pleasure of seeing my intellectual demise. I regret not having any terms to look up from your response but it would just be foreshadowed by your outwitting regardless. Maybe if we are lucky you will ramble about the Avatar and how you used to be a UO god. That is always entertaining.

I will conced that you have accomplished having many many more people put you on ignore than I so let me be the first to give credit where it is due.

The fact remains the EVs are acting in a new behavior. One that cannot be refuted by looking up terms and posting their meaning to obfuscate that you were wrong.

I hope you don't take it personally that I will no longer be replying to you in regards to this. I don't have the desire to waste any more of my time for it.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Shame Loot Changes
Durabilities are now different for Brittle and Cannot Be Repaired:
If an item is Brittle and does not have Cannot Be Repaired, its durability is 35.
If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and does not have Brittle, its durability is 150.
If an item has Cannot Be Repaired and also has Brittle, its durability is 75.
Self-Repair and Durability Increase cannot appear on any item with Brittle or Cannot Be Repaired.
It is now possible for the following item properties to spawn:
Faster Casting (Jewelry, Weapons, Shields)
Battle Lust (Melee Weapons)
Slayers (Weapons)
Balanced (Bows)
Mage Armor (Non-Medable Armor)
Spell Channeling (Weapons, Shields)
Night Sight (Jewelry)
Reactive Paralyze (Two-Handed Melee, Bows, and Shields)
Use Best Weapon Skill (Melee Weapons)
Gargoyle Earrings will now drop

good changes !! thumbs up
Excellent changes! Thank you devs!!!! I also noticed this:
Added 4 new pigments - Polished Bronze, Glossy Blue, Black and Green and Deep Violet – 5 charges @ 250,000 points. We will be changing this out each month so stock up while you can. :love:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks devs, keep up the good work !

Now please pretty please :

You forgot mages, there is no spellbook drops

The last good spellbooks I seen was during the invasions...
Hmm, if they revamp the rest of the dungeons, maybe they could add special spellbooks and such to Wind. Just a thought. :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Excellent changes! Thank you devs!!!! I also noticed this:
Added 4 new pigments - Polished Bronze, Glossy Blue, Black and Green and Deep Violet – 5 charges @ 250,000 points. We will be changing this out each month so stock up while you can. :love:
encouraging, some other problems aside it is, really NICE to know the Devs are listening.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Found lost item (return to gain honesty) minor magic item at new heaven origin.

New loot items outside dungeon shame?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason, I was under the impression that the new shame magic items and artifacts were going to be able to be imbued. Is this true or is it the named ones that aren't? I just tried and it said that it cannot be imbued.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, where does it talk about the amount of shame crystals to summon the bosses? Is it just a random amount? Would be a nice detail to know.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason, I was under the impression that the new shame magic items and artifacts were going to be able to be imbued. Is this true or is it the named ones that aren't? I just tried and it said that it cannot be imbued.
They said only a few smaller ones would be.

But the rest will exceed the limit and won't be imbuable.

Thats my thinking.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, where does it talk about the amount of shame crystals to summon the bosses? Is it just a random amount? Would be a nice detail to know.
I posted the details in the original thread from TC.

1st Level = 10
2nd Level = 20
3rd Level = 30

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah no its okay Phantus... and yes I beleive it might be the case with our arguments... and it wasn't EPIC outwitting if you care that much... just nerdy logic...

Anyways, although I can realise who I was, I know now who I am and definately looking back at the 14 years old "UO pvp god" I was dosen't puff up my ego much, hehe.

I wasn't arguying about the new EV behavior in fact ; rather that it was a change that pleases me, especially that the new shame is supposed to be "wild" and a "hot spot". Thats why I voiced my opinion...

many beleive its a bug, I think it makes sense.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
except that it is not just in Shame, its everywhere. Initially I argued it might be an intended change. I have no reason to believe that now.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would the devs not release a list of known bugs, so we'd stop speculating...

this is maddening...

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah no its okay Phantus... and yes I beleive it might be the case with our arguments... and it wasn't EPIC outwitting if you care that much... just nerdy logic...

Anyways, although I can realise who I was, I know now who I am and definately looking back at the 14 years old "UO pvp god" I was dosen't puff up my ego much, hehe.

I wasn't arguying about the new EV behavior in fact ; rather that it was a change that pleases me, especially that the new shame is supposed to be "wild" and a "hot spot". Thats why I voiced my opinion...

many beleive its a bug, I think it makes sense.
Indeed!

It would be a great boss ability. Or a specific area enchant. The problem with this being in place is the potential for it's use for killing players. Whether a person likes it or they don't trammel exists and it's intention was to protect others from the unwanted agression of others. In a general area it would be abused. In a peerless it could work. Felucca as well...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There we agree... its been reported on the other thread that it now also happens anywhere...

So definately not a good idea... wouldn't wanna shock ppl... noooo :p

*but since I play siege*

Tune gets old, does it ? :p

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone see something said by the devs that you would be able to use clean up points to remove the curse, brittle, cannot be repaired from the items? I thought I remember seeing that. I don't see it anywhere on the menu though. I do see the expensive dyes.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There we agree... its been reported on the other thread that it now also happens anywhere...

So definately not a good idea... wouldn't wanna shock ppl... noooo :p

*but since I play siege*

Tune gets old, does it ? :p
Shock really isn't what I'm concerned about. 5 people laying down EVs at the entrance of shame and invising is...

The fact you play on Siege is a bonus with this publish I believe. I'm leaning toward it not being a good idea for the rest of us.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definately not a good idea, I agree...

on siege we do not have the burden of having RMT community members ; which simplifies so many things...

Especially when these members grow sympathy then backlash at the creative "true to UO, aka no meta gaming" creative type.

We've seen this pattern so often which ended up in the destruction of very loved player establishments on atlantic... it was very painful to witness for me.

Some guy even had a theater and a whole storyline behind it, he had hired people, spent billions on his project, had a respected personality on stratics...

One day to the next, the world is upside down, what used to be a patient gentlemen turns into a frustrated rude guy, and ends up deleting all his posts, all his pictures, leaving the roleplay thread looking like swiss cheeze. Making the whole roleplay "community" look like swiss cheeze...

I talked to him, and I'm not going to discuss it here... cause its too painful, like a fresh wound to me.

But I am currently testing the new stuff on Origin, and I think its nice... as you said it makes me highly anticipate the change on Siege... but it also looms over the trammel shards like a big black cloud... its ironic because we get no vet rewards... but we get this big publish that really only benefits us and Mugen...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have to give this publish more thought, but I will be pleased if the new loot makes it easier to get relic fragments, for one thing. I will freely admit that I'm a cheapskate in game and would rather gather ingredients than buy them. Therefore, anything that makes getting relic fragments less tedious for me than getting one by doing a Percolem quest you can only repeat once every 24 hours or doing endless quests in Heartwood hoping for just the right recipe and then hoping to get just the right runic tools by turning in BODs and then crafting something that can be unraveled to a relic sounds wonderful to me!

I guess time will tell if tougher mobs and having to group up to hit the hardest ones will be the thing that brings back more folks. I hope the idea works. It should certainly help get people who never left to try out an old dungeon again. I certainly experienced at least a half-second of some trepidation trying out old runes for deeper in Shame today, not know what I would run into! It was fun to have that feeling again too. So was setting my GD on something that used to be a tad bit boring and seeing it kick the GD's butt. LOL

It will take a while to absorb the implications of the new loot as far as building suits goes. It should definitely give crafters who might have been bored with imbuing and enhancing some new stuff to think about. It will probably also make the folks who've already applied their new bless deeds to items gnash their teeth and wish for more deeds, but maybe that's a good thing too. (I don't use 'em, so I'm not sure.) The cursed items also open up a lot of possibilities too. I know that I'm more willing to try to use them now after having played on Siege for a while and realizing not having insured stuff when you die isn't the calamity I sometimes thought it was. There's also always the option of carrying an Undertaker's Staff with you if you find some cursed items you really like but dread losing them upon death. (Note: I'm not sure how well the Undertaker's Staff functions if a monster picks up a cursed or uninsured item off your corpse. Don't know if it is powerful enough to regain the item for you in that situation.)

Here's to hoping the devs/designers/engineers that put this publish together don't get yanked off to work on something else (translation: testing SW:TOR), because it shows a lot of promise. I hope they can get the big bugs worked out and I hope that as soon as they do, people who have characters on Origin can go help do more testing and folks who don't can do more testing on TC1. It's not an optional publish, so the more people that bang on it, the better off we'll all be in the long run.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

You know what these different item types (lesser magic item, major magic item, etc.) need? Colorned names! You know, like the greatest loot-farming game of all time, Diablo 2, which let's face it this game has been shamelessly borrowing from since AOS.

Plus color-coding just plain makes it easier to mouse over something and know whether or not you should take a closer look.

Colored names! Colored names! Tickle my lizard-brain loot reflex!

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what these different item types (lesser magic item, major magic item, etc.) need? Colorned names! You know, like the greatest loot-farming game of all time, Diablo 2, which let's face it this game has been shamelessly borrowing from since AOS.

Plus color-coding just plain makes it easier to mouse over something and know whether or not you should take a closer look.

Colored names! Colored names! Tickle my lizard-brain loot reflex!
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious or both. Other than that, does anyone remember reading about the removal of curse, brittle or cannot be repaired via the clean up points?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious or both. Other than that, does anyone remember reading about the removal of curse, brittle or cannot be repaired via the clean up points?
Yes, specified in another thread, pub 73 comes to test, I think, that they are not included in this pub, and when/if implemented they are likely to not work in quite the manner we are thinking and be very expensive. That's all I got, sry.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
red sky, I think you're talking about this spoiler thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/253995-*spoiler*-client-7-0-19-a.html

The possibility of being able to remove the properties via cleanup points is hinted at in the first post and further down is a post (#37) by one of the developers (Phoenix) saying things may not work out that way in the end.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm assuming it was just a small blurp that snuck out but never actually came into existence? Just making sure that it wasn't something that wasn't specified. They are good at sneaking things in without saying anything about them. Such as the item that removes damage increase from exceptional items. And yes, I know they hinted about it but they didn't say how you acquired it.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix_Mythic

Systems Designer

Re: Clean Up Points to Remove Curses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinco
It could be a text added with the evil purpose of let us thinking that they will really add that feature

The system was prototyped, and then just held back from publish. The strings were mistakenly not removed from the client patch.

Basically, we decided that the addition of the ability to remove the negatives from the new items would be too much and too soon. An item with 800 points of weighted item property intensity is one thing if it's cursed and unrepairable. It's another thing entirely if you can fortify it up and insure it.

Now, the way we prototyped it was to have the costs scale up geometrically with the item property intensity. For a seriously good item, the costs were multiple millions of Clean Up Britannia points, to completely clean the negatives off an item. Also, it would only work with items generated by the new Shame loot generator.

The way I would like to change it would be to disallow the removal of Brittle and instead have it allow the use of Clean Up Britannia points to repair its max durability. Essentially, to allow the extended use of these items, but at a relatively high recurring cost.

I'm all about the tradeoffs. Those are interesting