• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin (Edited)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin

[*]Group Bracelet of Binding ; This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.
Even as a non-PvPer, this immediately screamed "PvP ambush squads" to me....
As an occasional Solo-PvPer this immediately screamed no more 1v1s/1v2s/PVP to me.... Who needs an Orny or nice imbued bracelet when you can wear 10 of your friends on your wrist?

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Greetings,

We'll push Publish 73.0 to Origin today, Tuesday 1st at 5:00 pm EDT.

Please check the previously posted Publish 73 Notes and Additions. Here are are the additional changes:

Publish 73.0.0

Christmas Gifts

• Customizable Welcome Mats (2 styles)
  • Vocal Santa Statue
  • Customizable House type signs
  • Scroll of Transcendence Book
Veteran Reward Items

This year for the 14th year we have added the following in celebration:

• Group Bracelet of Binding – This item allows you to bind with 10 people at once. Handy for those times when part of your group is lost or has issues with running into trees and being left behind.
  • Seed Box – This box will identify all seeds put into the box, it will hold and organize up to 500 seeds.
  • Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.
  • Sheep Statue – This statue is a resource giver, it will give you 10 pieces of a random hide or wool. This caps at 100 resources so make sure you collect your items.

Classic Client 7.0.19

• Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel

Enhanced Client 4.0.19

• Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel

More...
And what about Siege?:spider:

D

DenAlton036

btw: represents
Thank you that was driving me crazy. Spell check = professional.

The trial account only being able to use the help channel makes no sense. If a noob needs help the LAST place they are going to find it is in the help channel. Besides, global chat is something someone should be able to use and learn about before deciding on buying the game or not.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Thank you that was driving me crazy. Spell check = professional.

The trial account only being able to use the help channel makes no sense. If a noob needs help the LAST place they are going to find it is in the help channel. Besides, global chat is something someone should be able to use and learn about before deciding on buying the game or not.
Most likely because of the goldsites spamming in general chat.

I think many people set out to help newcomers/returning players, will listen in the Help channel so I don´t think there will be any problems with that.

Only concern I have is that the goldsites might snatch some of the new players from the start with their offers and "rob" them of their starting experience...

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It does say:

Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.

I wonder if you have to have it locked down in a house to use it?
It will be interesting to see how much they have thought about "return trips"

I guess we will know in a few days :p
... or so lol

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have tried claiming the seed box (looks like its either 7th or 8th year). The game literally will not let me claim it. I click ok, and nothing happens. Havent had any problems with any other rewards tho.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As an occasional Solo-PvPer this immediately screamed no more 1v1s/1v2s/PVP to me.... Who needs an Orny or nice imbued bracelet when you can wear 10 of your friends on your wrist?
You can look at it this way.....

Could also work in favor of the victims of the PvP ambush squad if they have more friends with more bracelets :p.

PKer clicks ring *BAM!* 10 PK's there instantly.

PvMers click rings *BAM!* and 30 + friends show up.

Just make sure you have more friends and different friends binded with more rings :p

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why can't the Blessed Statue for Reagents be like the Sheep Statue & have the reagents keep building daily (even to a hundred or so) instead of stopping at 1 days amount (usually 6 to 9 of 1 reagent)? Never could see why this didn't keep adding daily instead of stopping. Seriously kind of a useless item IMO.. could we get it changed by chance?

O

olduofan

I have tried claiming the seed box (looks like its either 7th or 8th year). The game literally will not let me claim it. I click ok, and nothing happens. Havent had any problems with any other rewards tho.

thanks for the info :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Why can't the Blessed Statue for Reagents be like the Sheep Statue & have the reagents keep building daily (even to a hundred or so) instead of stopping at 1 days amount (usually 6 to 9 of 1 reagent)? Never could see why this didn't keep adding daily instead of stopping. Seriously kind of a useless item IMO.. could we get it changed by chance?
yes I agree with that!

S

SugarSmacks

Wow this one really surprises me.

We have gone to hey lets look at what we can do in Shame, right to hey lets push it to a production shard. There wasnt even the question of, should we do this.

People honestly must not be paying attention to Origin, because the item intensitys are rolling like those on the shard of the dead. Is this what you want for you? To remake your suits again?

We as a community have already in UOs history had to completly remake our suits once when we went from powers/vanqs/invuls to our current system.
Then basically a secound time with imbuing. The first time out we lost basically half the community in 3 months. The secound time people treated it a little different because lets face it we could all make the same things anways.

Now your going to tell me i have to remake all my suits AND farm in Shame to stay competitive? Have you seen the items on Origin? You really dont see this in your future? LOL

Honestly i read this thread and i see a whole bunch of concern over item transfers LOL. Oh boo hoo it was the first time EA let you get an item that they ONLY sold for cash, but instead of being thankful you want to cry.

It kind of makes me laugh, because this will be it, there will be no returning back to having active pvp on active shards. This will be the deal breaker, the end of pvp we are not talking about losing some of our pvpers lol were talking about losing half or so of them.

If you are not concerned and are only concerned about shields (LOL) then you are a trammy and shall inherit whats left of UO.

Youll get everything youve ever wanted fel free mining, able to chain despise, the only problem is youll have no one to trade with. I hope getting that cool item was worth it LOL.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.
Why does everyone see this as needing two of these rewards to go back and forth? It says it gives you a transfer token. So why not just claim your transfer token then just transfer to another shard with the shard shield? I can see that you might want two of the rewards if you don't want to wait a month but otherwise I don't see any other problem.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why does everyone see this as needing two of these rewards to go back and forth? It says it gives you a transfer token. So why not just claim your transfer token then just transfer to another shard with the shard shield? I can see that you might want two of the rewards if you don't want to wait a month but otherwise I don't see any other problem.

It all depends, as I see it, with the actual way that these Shard Shields work...

"If" their Shard representation is variable, i.e. it changes, for example every day at server maintainance, and the shield can work off of a bank box and does not require to be locked down in a home, then you could be correct as the player who is, say, on Pacific, picks a Transfer Token on the day that the shield represents, say, Atlantic.

Then moves to Atlantic carrying the shield and then off the bank box on Atlantic, over the course of the following month (only 1 account bound token can be generated per month...) checks out the shield for several days until it represents Pacific. When the day comes, the player picks the related account bound transfer token for Pacific and goes back to that shard.

But if the Shard Shield does not work this way, and it is fixed for good on a given shard without ever shifting onto another shard, or it needs a home to be locked down to generate the account bound token, I hardly see this as possible.

So, it "could" be a cool and handy thing for players, but it really all depends on how it truly works as to be really cool and handy it needs to be capable of shifting shards (I would say daily since there is a LOT of shards out there before it selects the wanted shard...) AND be usable off of a bank box.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doesn't say the shield needs to be locked down to be used though, let alone needs a house. As shown in the screenshot in the first page Surgeries is using it in an inn.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doesn't say the shield needs to be locked down to be used though, let alone needs a house. As shown in the screenshot in the first page Surgeries is using it in an inn.
He's not using the shield in that picture, he's bringing up the gump to CLAIM the shield.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He's not using the shield in that picture, he's bringing up the gump to CLAIM the shield.
...ok. But then back to the other point.
Highlighted above.

Guessing we will know soon though about its full function though. Only a matter of time.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

...ok. But then back to the other point.
Highlighted for your convenience.

Guessing we will know soon though about its full function though. Only a matter of time.
No need to be quite so sarcastic - I didn't need to correct the part that was right.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wasn't intending to be sarcastic at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wasn't intending to be sarcastic at all. Sorry if it came off that way.
That's OK - sometimes stuff typed reads differently than intended..

Back to the 'does it need to be locked down' though - so far the only folks who know for sure have not told us, but I can't think of any other 'item generating house addon' that doesn't, from the cat statue in the older gift tokens, through the tree stump, mining cart, and pirate/dolphin rugs in the vet rewards scheme. I'd be pretty confident this shield is going to work the same way, but we really could use someone at EA clarifying.

V

vvvaaannn

What exactly are you asking here? Unfortunatly I have to do further testing in Trammel because there are a few nubs in Fel pk'ing everyone in Shame right now lol.

But while I was still able to kill the mobs in fel, I got nothing above greater magic item, a few minors and a lessor. Gonna head back in Tram with my luck suit and do some more testing.
Sorry I wasnt clear,, my question is whether in Tram or Fal,,did they do anything to change the fact that every worthwhile item (artifact level) seemingly always has brittle (25 dur), cursed, and no repair, which essentually makes them worthless? Did they add the missing things like slayer etc? Did they modify the armor so that at least some of them have reasonably high resists or are they all so godawfully low? What about the jewelry without durability? Basically,, all the feedback that the player based asked to be modified before the patch was deployed. Thx in advance

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Back to the 'does it need to be locked down' though - so far the only folks who know for sure have not told us, but I can't think of any other 'item generating house addon' that doesn't, from the cat statue in the older gift tokens, through the tree stump, mining cart, and pirate/dolphin rugs in the vet rewards scheme. I'd be pretty confident this shield is going to work the same way, but we really could use someone at EA clarifying.

Well, let's take Soulstones which are also account bound, shall we ?

The first step, the token which generates them which we "could" alike to the Shard Shields, can be openly transferred to any other account.

Only when the token is actually used to generate a Soulstone (as the Shard Shield would be to generate the transfer token), the resulting item becomes "account bound".

And, in order to generate the second item (the account bound Soulstone), there is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to have the token be locked down in a home. It only needs to be in the player's backpack and it then generates an account bound Soulstone into the Bank Box.

All this, to basically say that IMHO, the Shard Shield could very well work the same way, that is, not be account bound and be capable of generating account bound transfer tokens while being held in one's own backpack (or within one's own Bank Box) with the generated transfer token, account bound, appear in one's own Bank Box.

Of course, this is merely guessing from me using the account bound Soulstones generated from a not account bound token.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Red soulstones, claimed as a vet reward, do not come as a token. They come as the soulstone itself and is account bound as soon as it is claimed.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Christmas Gifts

• Customizable Welcome Mats (2 styles)
  • Vocal Santa Statue
  • Customizable House type signs
  • Scroll of Transcendence Book
Hmmm.. not seeing a Christmas Gift in my backpack on Origin. Character is old enough. Tried several chars even.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On a 97 month old account I saw the sheep statue, the bracelets, and the seed box. The bracelets and seed box were sandwiched between the corrupted crystal portal and the weapon engraving tool in the miscellaneous section, so I'm not sure how old your account actually has to be to claim them. The sheep statue was the last thing listed for my 97-month character under the house add-on section of vet rewards. Don't have any other accounts with different ages that are currently eligible for vet rewards.
The patch patched, I am showing 7-0-19-1 as of this morning after it patched. BUT NONE of the new vet rewards offers are showing on ANY of my 4 accts. :( No clue why that is !

3 of my accts. are stuck not aging this fall but if the patch patched shouldn't matter we should then SEE the new rewards on lists of accts. that range from 10 yrs. and up at least even on the ones they didnt age this yr./fall.

I'm sad, not seeing the rewards at all, the patch PATCHED I should see em !

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Red soulstones, claimed as a vet reward, do not come as a token. They come as the soulstone itself and is account bound as soon as it is claimed.

That is true but in that case, the final item comes straight as the reward while, in the case of Shard Shields, there is another step before the actual account bound item is created.

This is why I thought about the Token which generates account bound Soulstones, because I saw it, being in 2 steps, closer to the Shard Shields rather than what the one step period Red Soulstones might be......

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It kind of makes me laugh, because this will be it, there will be no returning back to having active pvp on active shards. This will be the deal breaker, the end of pvp we are not talking about losing some of our pvpers lol were talking about losing half or so of them.

If you are not concerned and are only concerned about shields (LOL) then you are a trammy and shall inherit whats left of UO.

Youll get everything youve ever wanted fel free mining, able to chain despise, the only problem is youll have no one to trade with. I hope getting that cool item was worth it LOL.
Not sure I follow you here.

What did you base this part (the bolded) on?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Usually is called speculation, but obviously you know that...

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi Folks...I probably should have clarified that shot a bit:

I was using one of the characters on Origin that I claim gifts with on that shard to check out the menu for the new rewards. I did not select any Shields on Origin, either; it was simply a look at the selection.

I was in the Inn when I took the screenie, however, those Shields are on the last page of House Lock Downs that can be selected.

I am hazarding a guess that these Shields will need to be Locked Down in a House, as that is where they appear on the selection gump (House Lock Downs). Then, as long as have a Shield for a shard I want to visit as well as a return token that I would get from a "Home Shard" shield, in my case, and the available empty slot on the shard I want to visit, I think it should work fine.

Based on the selection, a person will need one of each to visit all shards, I am thinking, but i could be wrong, for sure.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, let's take Soulstones which are also account bound, shall we ?
Why would we? Tokens for anything do indeed work in banks, and without being locked down - and that is absolutely irrelevant to the question about how the items produced from tokens or chosen as veteran rewards, function. The soulstone does not itself generate any resources or items, whilst all the examples I mentioned do.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Something else interesting, thanks to Frarc for asking the question.

Lost items have the new item properties it seems AND they now have a timer that shows how much time you have to turn them in.

Very nice!

http://i39.***********/1zqfpd0.jpg

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

(that means they're actually listening to us guys, keep the ideas coming, double effort)

try to be nice and consctructive, and quick... before they vanish again :p

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lost items have the new item properties it seems AND they now have a timer that shows how much time you have to turn them in.

Very nice!

How does one find out "who" to return it to (ad where to find this who...) ?

Also, I have read posts saying that the Honesty Virtue is not worth the time it takes to build it up since the advantage goes away pretty fast (i.e. dots get used up really fast when buying...) and, therefore, a player's time might much better be spent just hunting something else for gold or items to sell and then pay whatever NPC good at full price without bothering with the Honesty Virtue, entirely...... Is it still so or has this been addressed to make this Virtue more worth the time it takes to build it up ? If so, how ?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Were there any changes to the new loot system in Shame since the release on TC last week?
I assume that test center has the same publish as Origin since the dyes have been added to the spring cleaning on Test. The hunting I did yielded the same results as last week. If they made some changes, I was not able to identify the changes. I still didn't see anything with mage armor, spell channeling, etc. I don't know if it's the RNG or if they flat out don't spawn. I did find a labeling mistake, an extra space in the title of some items. Hopefully this evening I can post a screen shot of it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

How does one find out "who" to return it to (ad where to find this who...) ?

Also, I have read posts saying that the Honesty Virtue is not worth the time it takes to build it up since the advantage goes away pretty fast (i.e. dots get used up really fast when buying...) and, therefore, a player's time might much better be spent just hunting something else for gold or items to sell and then pay whatever NPC good at full price without bothering with the Honesty Virtue, entirely...... Is it still so or has this been addressed to make this Virtue more worth the time it takes to build it up ? If so, how ?
Using Forensic Evaluation on a lost item will tell you the name of the person who lost it and the town in which they reside. The higher your Forensics the better chance you have of getting the name, though at roughly 60 Forensics it's possible with a few tries.

Before the publish, time spent getting to knight of Honesty was insane, and the decay rate was even more so. I have yet to test this since the last publish.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I assume that test center has the same publish as Origin since the dyes have been added to the spring cleaning on Test. The hunting I did yielded the same results as last week. If they made some changes, I was not able to identify the changes. I still didn't see anything with mage armor, spell channeling, etc. I don't know if it's the RNG or if they flat out don't spawn. I did find a labeling mistake, an extra space in the title of some items. Hopefully this evening I can post a screen shot of it.
Mage armor does spawn

http://i41.***********/2rqbvdc.jpg

Not a worthy item but it is mage armor, will see if I can find any SC items, I have found several - mage weapons as well.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mage armor does spawn

http://i41.***********/2rqbvdc.jpg

Not a worthy item but it is mage armor, will see if I can find any SC items, I have found several - mage weapons as well.
Thank you! This is what I was dying to know. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Thank you! This is what I was dying to know. :)
You are quite welcome! :)

I was too, my poor Cu Sidhe is taking a beating down there lol but I'm on a hunt! It's been fun so far :)

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When you figure how much time you spend finding lost items and how much time you spend tracking down the NPC to return the item to and how fast you can use up the bubbles when buying items its not worth anyone's time.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When you figure how much time you spend finding lost items and how much time you spend tracking down the NPC to return the item to and how fast you can use up the bubbles when buying items its not worth anyone's time.

That's what I heard also, and why I was asking Larisa (thanks for the info !) whether changes to this had been made in this last publish.

Apparently, it is still unclear whether the Honesty Virtue is worth the time it takes for build up or not...........

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Popps, this thread is not about the worthyness of things.

At least now the item could have value so :

it means something to return it for honesty...

you see ?

But if you do that devs, please make it so when you keep a artifact or higher, that you loose ALOT of honesty should you choose to keep a powerful item, that would have a nice touch to it.

Muah.

Shiznit Bo'Bourbon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

We as a community have already in UOs history had to completly remake our suits once when we went from powers/vanqs/invuls to our current system. Then basically a secound time with imbuing.
I can just imagine the discussion at UO HQ.

"Hey guys, yeah, we need to cancel the new loot/item system. Yeah I was reading the forums and replacing equipment once every three-to-five years is just too much for SugarSmacks. Look, he doesn't want anyone else being more powerful than him, but doesn't want to ever have to replace any gear either. So no new items ever."

Yeah everyone in Trammel totally notices and/or gives a crap about you guys. Sure. What ever would we do without those five guys at Yew Fel gate to trade with?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The items are still usable even though some dont think. Big deal if you have to change suits here and there. Nobody is forced to use any of the new loot.

With imbuing and artifacts already most wont but these items can be used for other purposes. Just like some players dont have all their characters decked out with high end armor. I know my mules just have decent suits to get around in. They are the sames ones that they have been wearing for years.

I lived in fel, played in fel, gathered resources in fel, and all about fel but I am the biggest trammy you will see. PvM is just important as PvP is. How did I make those hundreds of millions of gold in the game? PvM of course. PvP was just relaxation :) . Plus I have a slight fetish for RP when it suits me :p

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

/signage

hence me having one of them, and ten or more of the fountain of life's....
I may very well login everyday, but I don't want to go to 10-20 of those things to collect the regs on a daily basis...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If i cast a colossus or EV on test, they will attack guildmates..... prolly a bug?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Other than the general bug threads, is there one dedicated to this publish? I was just talking with someone on Origin about this bug in which any old item placed in a 2nd container can change while in Shame...and I honestly couldn't understand the details of the supposed bug, but just wondering if there is a specific thread which lists all the bugs--aside from the EV bug, which is fairly obvious--which made it onto Origin. If the 2nd container bug is real, I haven't been able to replicate it yet...but if it's real it's a fairly serious bug.

By the way, I must have missed it cause the EV bug is def on Test, too. Hm.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Very nice!

Wait so does that mean they still just spawn off the ground randomly? Not found as loot on new mobs? Lame.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can look at it this way.....

Could also work in favor of the victims of the PvP ambush squad if they have more friends with more bracelets :p.

PKer clicks ring *BAM!* 10 PK's there instantly.

PvMers click rings *BAM!* and 30 + friends show up.

Just make sure you have more friends and different friends binded with more rings :p
Key word: Solo-PvPer

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry. I meant to post the whole quote not just yours.

Solo pvp is far and in between in UO anymore anyway. Its gank or be ganked 99% of the time.