• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin (Edited)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: [UO Herald] Publish 73 Comes to Origin

Can anyone post pics of the Christmas gifts and vet rewards please?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

SOOOOO the qustion is this can a NON 14th year vet but a shard shield from a vet and lock down and use like teleporter tiles?

so the vet player, like the teleporters can get a payday from lesser mortals?

i can see so many negatives i wont whine here

BUT WOW i am 7th year want that these!!!!!!!
Would be great to get an answer here. The character I want to transfer is on my 7 year account.

O

olduofan

Anyone have pics of the xmas items and rewards ?

the seed box count as 1 item or 500 items when full ?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

"Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel."
Thank you!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Trial accounts can only join the Help Channel."
Thank you!
I just hope people populate that channel to help people, General is usually wheres Q's are answered.. Atleast from what I see.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way I see it, the shard shield transfer will allow people who wants to move permanently to another shard to do it (no quick return possible), and that's extremely cool considering the number of vets stuck on low population shard that want to move to the "main" shards without having to buy 7 tokens (or more if you got many stuff). Sure it will take months to plan, but at least it will now be doable!!! I have been waiting for this since years so I am extremely grateful!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wizal i forbid u to leave europa[END]

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

shard transfer shield.jpg

Looks like only vet accounts will be able to use them as they are account bound and will only give a shield and not a token to create a shield...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just hope people populate that channel to help people, General is usually wheres Q's are answered.. Atleast from what I see.
???? MAPPER ON EUROPA PRIME TIME THE GENERAL IS PURE KIDS BAD MOUTHING EACH OTHER ON PVP ISSUES AND.... u killed me cause u are using the speeder exploit..etc etc etc...

its bloody awefull...............why cant we have a kids channel for the pvp

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

View attachment 7539

Looks like only vet accounts will be able to use them as they are account bound and will only give a shield and not a token to create a shield...
But it says that only the transfer tokens are account bound, doesn´t say anything about the shield being account bound. So sounds like the shields can be sold/traded.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way I see it, the shard shield transfer will allow people who wants to move permanently to another shard to do it (no quick return possible), and that's extremely cool considering the number of vets stuck on low population shard that want to move to the "main" shards without having to buy 7 tokens (or more if you got many stuff).
I suspect that given how easy it is to train up many skills, the optimal way to 'transfer' might be to make a few new characters on the future home shard, train up as much as you can, then using soulstones transferred with the 'main' characters to shift across the remaining skills, suits and such to get those new characters up and running. Should be possible to transfer the huge majority of kit needed in at the very most two transfers.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But it says that only the transfer tokens are account bound, doesn´t say anything about the shield being account bound. So sounds like the shields can be sold/traded.
I hope you are right. Thinking that way means that you need a house to be able to get a token since the shield needs to be locked down...once someone has gotten the token, the shield can be unlocked and locked down in someone elses house and they can get a token after a month and so on...

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is that not a bit fast?!? Without adjusting the lootsystem?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

UMMM BUG #1, my EVs, in Trammel, attacked each other on Origin.
Same in Fel...not fun when you have 5 mud pies and earth ellies attacking you and your EV's decide to duke it out lol.

So far nothing but lesser and greater magic items as loot.

No christmas boxes/rewards that I could see and I can't claim vet rewards because my account is not aging.

Will test the barding stuff later, I have to force my kids to do homework now :)

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It all sounds awesome...but I am with Gheed...

What about Turkeys?

Big mean Turkeys...and Turkey Maps...and stuff?

We are getting all the Christmas Bling now...and Turkeys at some later point?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When is the new art going in?

W

Woodsman

When is the new art going in?
The terrain for the EC has already gone in, high resolution graphics for the building walls is in the next pub. What will be in pub 75 is unknown - mobiles or plants. Mobiles will probably take the longest thanks to all of the items.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

wizal i forbid u to leave europa[END]
I moved to the US years ago IRL, so it is a logical to move in the game too, but don't worry it will take at least 7 months to get the tokens from the shield so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :)

I suspect that given how easy it is to train up many skills, the optimal way to 'transfer' might be to make a few new characters on the future home shard, train up as much as you can, then using soulstones transferred with the 'main' characters to shift across the remaining skills, suits and such to get those new characters up and running. Should be possible to transfer the huge majority of kit needed in at the very most two transfers.
Not really, you would have to redo all the quests (Library, Spellweaving, Loyalty, Recipes, etc etc...), rebuy all the powerscrolls (all my chars have eaten nearly all 120s), loose the Personal Bless Deeds (they are character bound), etc... etc... No really it's way too much and the only solution for me has always been at least 7 transfer tokens, probably more if I want to move everything in my house, and I have always refused to pay for that, so those transfer shields are going to be perfect.

A Thought Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Same in Fel...not fun when you have 5 mud pies and earth ellies attacking you and your EV's decide to duke it out lol.
k if they patch all the shards with ppls EVs killing one another and not saying in their patch notes that it was intended... *eyesroll* come on yall.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Shard Shields – We have added this as the 14th year vet reward. These are new art that represence a specific shard. The shield will give you a character transfer token once a month to the shard it represence. The token is account bound, so they can not be traded or sold. If you have a shield in your house and the house decays the shield will disappear.
i have a question.

does this shield HAVE TO BE LOCKED DOWN IN A HOUSE to use?

cause this may cause a problem.
cause if you read that you cant just claim 2 tokens on your home shard (say sonoma) cause the tokens are only one way.
so say your on sonoma and you pick up a ATL shield.
that shield will only give you tokens that go to ATL.
so getting 2 of them aint gonna get you home.

now, if you need to have that shield locked down in YOUR house to use.... well how you gonna get home?
cause you wont have a house on ATL to place your sonoma shield to get a token to send your toon home again.

understand where the problem is here?

and if you pick up one shield on one account and another shield on another account to send back, then your gonna be moving all your toons from one account to alt and pretty soon youll have nothing left on sonoma but a empy account with a house with a shield in it.

would be better if the shields kicked out a return ticket token, no?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not really, you would have to redo all the quests (Library, Spellweaving, Loyalty, Recipes, etc etc...), rebuy all the powerscrolls (all my chars have eaten nearly all 120s), loose the Personal Bless Deeds (they are character bound), etc... etc... No really it's way too much and the only solution for me has always been at least 7 transfer tokens, probably more if I want to move everything in my house, and I have always refused to pay for that, so those transfer shields are going to be perfect.
Fair points - Although if your crafter is the one to move over carrying stuff, the recipes are less of an issue ;)

K

Kiminality

???? MAPPER ON EUROPA PRIME TIME THE GENERAL IS PURE KIDS BAD MOUTHING EACH OTHER ON PVP ISSUES AND.... u killed me cause u are using the speeder exploit..etc etc etc...

its bloody awefull...............why cant we have a kids channel for the pvp
Whether there is rhyme or reason to your abuse of your caps lock key is a profound mystery indeed.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i have a question.

cause if you read that you cant just claim 2 tokens on your home shard (say sonoma) cause the tokens are only one way.

now, if you need to have that shield locked down in YOUR house to use.... well how you gonna get home?
cause you wont have a house on ATL to place your sonoma shield to get a token to send your toon home again.

and if you pick up one shield on one account and another shield on another account to send back, then your gonna be moving all your toons from one account to alt and pretty soon youll have nothing left on sonoma but a empy account with a house with a shield in it.

you get 2 shields, one for your home shard and one for the other shard on the same account?

My solution will be to have 5 shields and go from pac to atlantic then gl the next day then baja the next then europa the next day and back to pac :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm curious to see the age for the other rewards.:danceb:
I checked on a 5 year old account. Couldn´t see any of the new ones.
On a 97 month old account I saw the sheep statue, the bracelets, and the seed box. The bracelets and seed box were sandwiched between the corrupted crystal portal and the weapon engraving tool in the miscellaneous section, so I'm not sure how old your account actually has to be to claim them. The sheep statue was the last thing listed for my 97-month character under the house add-on section of vet rewards. Don't have any other accounts with different ages that are currently eligible for vet rewards.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far nothing but lesser and greater magic items as loot.

No christmas boxes/rewards that I could see and I can't claim vet rewards because my account is not aging.

Will test the barding stuff later, I have to force my kids to do homework now :)
GRRR well the EV bug is pretty annoying lol I don't remember the bug being on Test or Shard of the Dead so something went wrong when they added content to Origin...unless I just didn't notice it on test...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

you get 2 shields, one for your home shard and one for the other shard on the same account?

My solution will be to have 5 shields and go from pac to atlantic then gl the next day then baja the next then europa the next day and back to pac :)
exactly

your gonna need 2 shields.

and hopefully they wont need to be locked down in your house to work.
or i guess you COULD get both shields on your home shard, cause then youd have your return ticked on you before you even left.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

GRRR well the EV bug is pretty annoying lol I don't remember the bug being on Test or Shard of the Dead so something went wrong when they added content to Origin...unless I just didn't notice it on test...
I didn't test EV's on test, I just used my pet, so now that it's on Origin I can test with my tamer, mage, archer...my peacer isn't quite done yet but I'm workin on it.

Goin back now to see what happens.

That EV thing is VERY annoying though.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

in the vet reward gump the sheep are is between the tree stump and the wall banner.

now that i look at the vet reward gump none of it is listed in order of age.

the statues are all random listed.

so the shields are not listed on my 12.5 year old account.

so im guessing those are definatly gonna be a 14 year one.

if i had a pick open on my 14 year one id tell ya all for sure.

so its either a 13 or 14.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ill just repeat it again - the Sheep Statue is a 7th year reward. I claimed one, the deed for it says so itself

V

vvvaaannn

PLEASE tell me they did something about the loot drop system in response to all the suggestions (particularly my brillent ones:bowdown:) before dispatching the system to Origin. Unfortunately I have no characters of substance there to test.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now it all begins to make sense about the Shield transfer tokens. That should silence some of the speculation.

Well, but at the same time opens up quite a few questions........

A transfer token once a month to the "shard it represents" ?

What does this exactly mean ?

Three questions come to my mind right away.....

- Is this "shard that the shield represents" always the same one, month after month, or does it vary ? And if it varies, is this variation daily, at server up from maintainance so that the player can use the shield to generate the transfer token to that given shard that is represented on that given day ?

The answer to the first question is rather important as players usually play a selected number of shards (if not just 1....) and, therefore, if the shield always represents the same shard it was created with, or changes shard only rarely (once a month ?), chances are that it could "represent" a shard that the player is not interested in transferring to and therefore, this would make the whole reward utterly useless.

- The second question, is still the same I raised in another thread and refers to a text line apparently connected to these new transfer tokens : a line which reads that pets need to be stabled for the transfer.
Well, if these new shield transfer tokens are indeed to transfer, transfers happen to be done with items which need often pack horses or llamas to be carried. And pack animals cannot be stabled when carrying items.
So, we have definately a problem here. A 14th Year Veteran Reward providing a transfer token once a month but can hardly be much usefull for the transfer if pack animals got to be stabled.

- The third question is about the "account bound" issue.
I understand, and possibly agree, with the point that the "generated" transfer tokens remain account bound. But what about the Shard Shield itself ? Once claimed as a 14th Year Reward can the Shard Shield be transferred to another account which will then have the transfer tokens generated be account bound to that account that the Shard Shield has been transferred to ?

For example, say that a player has 2 accounts (or more) and they can claim on one account a Shard Shield but the other account(s) is not old enough to claim another on its own. Can the player claim an extra Shard Shield on the eligible account and transfer it to the other account so that also that other account will be able, at least once a month, to generate a transfer token which will be bound to that other account ?

I think we still need answers over these new items.

If I can add a personal opinion, I think they should have been designed as a "round trip" token service once a month. That is, provide both a token to the shard that the shield represents (hoping that this representation changes daily...) AND a token back to the shard that the shield is currently being hosted at. This way the player might be able to, at least once a month, make a round trip from the major shard of interest to another shard.
If only one token is generated per month when the player requests it, this means that, "assuming that the shield changes shard at least once a day..." the player will need to wait a whole month, perhaps even more, before he/she will be able to get back to the main shard of interest.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

PLEASE tell me they did something about the loot drop system in response to all the suggestions (particularly my brillent ones:bowdown:) before dispatching the system to Origin. Unfortunately I have no characters of substance there to test.
What exactly are you asking here? Unfortunatly I have to do further testing in Trammel because there are a few nubs in Fel pk'ing everyone in Shame right now lol.

But while I was still able to kill the mobs in fel, I got nothing above greater magic item, a few minors and a lessor. Gonna head back in Tram with my luck suit and do some more testing.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way im reading it is like this:

You pick your vet rewards, and choose Shard Shield

It will ask you "which shard?"

lets say you pick Great Lakes.

You will get a Great Lakes shield. Once a month, this shield will generate a Shard Transfer Token(account bound) that will take a char to Great Lakes.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I can see one 14th year reward being the least claimed on Siege :(

Actually, this is a very good point.

First of all, I must say that the Shards Shield is a very ingenuous and welcomed reward, IMHO, "if" the shard it represents changes daily, if the Shard Shield itself can be transferred (i.e. only the once a month generated token remains account bound...) and if pack animals carrying items can be used in the transfer.

This said, I think that there should have been an alternate 14th Year Rewards for those 14 Year Veteran Players who play Siege and Mugen as their main shard of preference........

As it is now, basically Siege and Mugen 14 Years Veteran players will have no new reward to claim this year.........

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way im reading it is like this:

You pick your vet rewards, and choose Shard Shield

It will ask you "which shard?"

lets say you pick Great Lakes.

You will get a Great Lakes shield. Once a month, this shield will generate a Shard Transfer Token(account bound) that will take a char to Great Lakes.

I'd much rather prefer if the shard that the shield represents changes daily, perhaps at server up from maintainance, and then the player decides whether he/she wants to generate a transfer token for that represented shard or not.

This, because a player might one month want to go to a shard, but another month the interest might change for another shard and to have a shield which only gives transfer tokens to the same shard, over and over, month after month, might make that reward not much usefull........

Besides, say that the player plays on Atlantic. This player is planning a temporary transfer to, say, Pacific. "If" the shard that the shield represents changes daily, the player might plan the transfer over a couple of months, watch out, daily, for when the shield represents Pacific over month, select a transfer token to Pacific, and then over the next month, wait for the day that the shield represents Atlantic and also generate a transfer token to Atlantic. This way, the player will be able, even though over the course of 2 months or so, to generate 2 transfer tokens for a round trip from Atlantic to Pacific.

This is how I would see this reward really usefull. If the shard is fixed on the shield it will simply make this reward not much usefull as who needs dozens of transfer tokens that are account bound to the same shard ??

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I'm curious to see the age for the other rewards.:danceb:
I checked on a 5 year old account. Couldn´t see any of the new ones.
On a 97 month old account I saw the sheep statue, the bracelets, and the seed box. The bracelets and seed box were sandwiched between the corrupted crystal portal and the weapon engraving tool in the miscellaneous section, so I'm not sure how old your account actually has to be to claim them. The sheep statue was the last thing listed for my 97-month character under the house add-on section of vet rewards. Don't have any other accounts with different ages that are currently eligible for vet rewards.
Checked another account that is 6 years old. No new ones there either.

So seems the "youngest" new reward is a 7 year one judging from Promathia´s post.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Actually, this is a very good point.

First of all, I must say that the Shards Shield is a very ingenuous and welcomed reward, IMHO, "if" the shard it represents changes daily, if the Shard Shield itself can be transferred (i.e. only the once a month generated token remains account bound...) and if pack animals carrying items can be used in the transfer.

This said, I think that there should have been an alternate 14th Year Rewards for those 14 Year Veteran Players who play Siege and Mugen as their main shard of preference........

As it is now, basically Siege and Mugen 14 Years Veteran players will have no new reward to claim this year.........
aw popps do u play seige?? please tell all of us player name,??
if not why do you worry!!! also since you arnt 14 years in why does it worry you !!!!!!!!!!!! new player have something now worth striving for hasnt that alwasy been your theme
looking forward to moving stuff shards 6 time a month

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

From what I read earlier... we get a symbol. *nods*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i have a question.

A better, and I need to say, easier solution would be to have the Shard represented by the Shield simply change daily, at server maintainance.

This way, the player, monitoring the Shield can be able to decide for that given month to what Shard he or she wants the transfer token be generated to and this, can help solve also the round trip issue since the temporary transfer can be planned over the course of 2 months. The first month the player picks the day that the Shield represents, say, Pacific, and the second month the player picks the day that the Shield represents Atlantic. Problem solved, 2 round trips token generated from Atlantic to Pacific and back with the picked 14th Year Veteran Reward.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The way I see it, the shard shield transfer will allow people who wants to move permanently to another shard to do it (no quick return possible), and that's extremely cool considering the number of vets stuck on low population shard that want to move to the "main" shards without having to buy 7 tokens (or more if you got many stuff). Sure it will take months to plan, but at least it will now be doable!!! I have been waiting for this since years so I am extremely grateful!

"If" the shard represented by the shield does not change, for example daily, but is instead permanent, then I entirely disagree with you and I see this 14th Year Veteran Reward as totally useless or hardly much usefull at all.......

Why ?

Say that a 14th Year Vet is on a low poppulated shard. Let's say Oceania, for example.
This Vet wants to transfer to a more populated shard, let's say Pacific.

Well, I do not know others, but "if" the Shard Shield picked as a 14th Year Vet Reward was to only be for Pacific (i.e. a permanent representation of the Pacific shard), what good would it do to me once I am moved to Pacific for good ?

I would have basically wasted a 14th Year Vet Reward pick for a one time use. No thanks, I'd much rather prefer to buy a regular transfer token and keep the pick for a much better use.....

"If" instead, the Shard Shield has been designed to vary the Shard it represents daily, and leave to the player the choice, day after day, for which shard to pick an account bound transfer token, than this 14th Year Vet Reward could be of more convenient use even after having transferred from Oceania to Pacific because once transferred to Pacific, the player could still make good use of this 14th Year Vet Reward to generate, once a month, a token to transfer, perhaps temporarily, to some other shard.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd kinda like to see the shield artwork, I dont have any 14 year accounts but if they look nice and the shields themselves are transferable I'd love to pick up a pair of shields for the two shards I spent most of my gametime on (siege and origin), toss them on mennequins out in front of the castle "guarding" the door.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

"If" the shard represented by the shield does not change, for example daily, but is instead permanent, then I entirely disagree with you and I see this 14th Year Veteran Reward as totally useless or hardly much usefull at all.......

Why ?

Say that a 14th Year Vet is on a low poppulated shard. Let's say Oceania, for example.
This Vet wants to transfer to a more populated shard, let's say Pacific.

Well, I do not know others, but "if" the Shard Shield picked as a 14th Year Vet Reward was to only be for Pacific (i.e. a permanent representation of the Pacific shard), what good would it do to me once I am moved to Pacific for good ?

I would have basically wasted a 14th Year Vet Reward pick for a one time use. No thanks, I'd much rather prefer to buy a regular transfer token and keep the pick for a much better use.....

"If" instead, the Shard Shield has been designed to vary the Shard it represents daily, and leave to the player the choice, day after day, for which shard to pick an account bound transfer token, than this 14th Year Vet Reward could be of more convenient use even after having transferred from Oceania to Pacific because once transferred to Pacific, the player could still make good use of this 14th Year Vet Reward to generate, once a month, a token to transfer, perhaps temporarily, to some other shard.
popps look think out pick a small low pop shard farm it transfer to a high pop shard atl sell flip back in forth!!!!!!!!!!! this is game changing in alot of ways

makes 14 year accounts worth heavy in trade for rare collectors and high end vendor runners

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The shield is a pretty simple concept folks... But you would need to get *at least* two for constant travel.

Here's how you do it.

First, get a shield for the shard you're on, say GL. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO GL.

Second, get a shield for the shard you want to travel to, say Atl. This shield will produce tokens to Xfer TO Atl.

You put a GL token in your bag, you then USE the Atl token to xfer. You do business on Atl, then USE the GL token to return home.

Not rocket science.

That type of design would waste 2 14th Year Veteran picks and only be able to use them between 2 shards, GL and Atlantic, period.

Personally, I would see it MUCH BETTER for such a high end Vet Reward (I mean, we are talking 14th Year.....) if the Shard changed daily and was not a fixed one.

This way, the Veteran Player could monitor the Shield changes over a few days and eventually generate the account bound token for that month, for the wanted shard. The folllowing month the player could still have the chance to change the wanted shard for the account bound transfer token to be generated to thus making this high end reward quite more handy as it would be if the shard was to be a fixed one.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OK...here I shall attempt to show a screenie of the Vet Reward Gump for the Shields:

So based on what I am seeing here, it would appear that I can use my home shard with my house as the base for all shields, and then harvest the transfer tokens there...

Logistics will need to be hearted for shizzle.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Soo...not even available as decor for siege :/ ****ing lame