• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Bank Renovation Results

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awsome job BlissMarie. I love the mini tree plants and the outside areas you payed attention to with the shop.

Can the little dog be named Fighto the Super Dog?
Thanks, Lord Gareth! =)
Fighto the Super Dog sounds good to me. Hey, UO design people, can you make the dog's tag say Fighto the Super Dog? :eek:

BlissMarie

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I like the top one sweety. I wanted to do a over hang thing but I thought it said you couldnt add on to the building. Maybe it was take away walls? Eh whatever they said it changed so much hehe.

But I love that first design. Very cool add on to the bank to make more room as well.

The railings looks great as well. That goes awesome with the walls and I like the road pebble top flows it all together with the red bricks.

M

Millie

Congrats to all the Winners. They ALL looked Great :bowdown:...
And to Maiden Millie (Napa's 1 & Only Original Millie, my 8 yr friend on Napa Valley. Congrats Millie ya did a Great job) Now WHERE'S THE :link: :D
*blushes* Thanks Sanke

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I forget what shard you play on, but when your character that's becoming Queen actually takes the throne, will she be keeping the winning design or does she have another in mind?

-Galen's player

PS: Sorry to keep harping on the motif of "Morgana for Queen" I just thought it was really cool and can't quite stop smiling about it. *chuckles* Silly, eh?
*Smiles*

It's okay...a lot of people become obsessed with me! :D

N

Nastia Cross

BlissMarie, omg just stunning. Your design is so awesome! I love how you didn't concentrate on just the bank but added little details to the entire surrounding area.

Sweetie, OMG that first design!!! Fabulous!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if the (3) behind my name is because they selected submission 3 or if it was a typo lol. (I hope it was as #3 was my personal preference but I think others entered more than 1 submission as well?)

Either way I am pleased that I was selected, and loved every minute of the competition. This is the type of thing that makes UO, UO. The uniqueness of some of the things we have on our shards.

Anyways, my submission(s) for Oceania are located here for any who want a looksee. The graphics are a bit big for here lol.

Submission 3 - Garden Theme

Links to the Water Theme and Nautical Theme are located at the end of the page.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Congratulations all!

WildStar

I

Infiniti

Congratulations to everyone. Every design posted here is great and each unique. Awesome job. I hope this draws the people back to WBB. :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats to the winners! And I can't wait to see Baja's, I'm dying to know who beat me out, hehe. It was a fun competition regardless, I hope they do something like it again. :)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its an in-game emulator that uses the games source code to reconstruct the world using your computer as the server.

You have free range of abilities including admin rights (developers) and item creation. This also means you can decorate all you want and how it's obvious is that his character is standing in the middle of each picture.

Other significant details that further prove it are

-the stairs (can't add those on EA servers)
-type of content added (most of it can't be obtained through ingame items)

And in response to COCOPUFF.

If you did infact receive contact allowing the use of RAZOR, I feel like it should have been announced to the public that it should have been ALLOWED to all users who wanted to participate, but couldnt due to the lack of technical use of CS3 or any other photo program.

If that is true I feel like other players (who wanted to participate) have been cheated by the devs.
Actually to get this right...***** is not an emulator...its it a UOA type program that is used on freeshards like UOA is on EA shards. It is 100% Illegal to use on EA shards, but on freeshards (where he was prolly using it) it is legal. He could possibly have made his own shards using a common emulator out there the just logged into his shard via razor. :)

D

Dragon Mist

CONGRATS!!! to all the winners and I can't wait to see the Baja design go up. I expected Sarsmi to win for Baja but I am happy that I won. The designs for all the shards look nice I will be making a trip to see them all when they go live. I hope EA does more events like this, it was allot of fun.

Here is the design for Baja:

Here is the text that accompanied it.
This renovation encompasses both the inside and the outside of the West Brit Bank.

The inside is designed to make the bank look more in line with what one would expect to see in a working bank. The design encompasses original, new, and infrequently used graphics. It is designed to give a relaxed atmosphere while maintaining the secure “repository” feeling. The main room has a customer waiting area with refreshments, account transaction tables, and teller windows. The small room is designed to reflect a teller room and the back room more of a vault. It has accountant tables with ledgers and an abacus. The room is also lined with safety deposit boxes to give it that vault feel.

The outside is modeled around a community center feeling. The roof has two quiet talking areas; one is designed to be more intimate while the other is more of a self reflection area. There is also a section with tables to allow more group comrodary. The South edge of the bank roof is setup to accommodate the ever popular bank sitter. To the West is a small performance platform located on the water. The bank is surrounded by benches to make it more attractive to passers by. On the South West corner is a water trough and hitching post for those weary travelers. Just south of the bank is a picnic area to accommodate even more people. The placement of the moongate (optional) will allow ease of access to and from the bank.

An idea that I had for the roll out is to place a tent near the bank and roll the changes out over a week. The tent could have a sign stating something like “RCI - Royal Construction Inc” building a better Britain. The thought is if people can be intrigued enough to come look every day to see what is new then maybe they will keep coming back. Just my rambling 2 gold.

Dragon Mist a.k.a Arlon Elanesse

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrissay said it was okay for me to post mine So here it is

OMFG I woudl love this bank on Great Lakes, it is better thana few picnic tables and being so bland compaired to your shards new brittan bank. Hell I may have to even transfer over to chessy and make it my new home, because it is the best bank design I have seen so far

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Yes, of course! All banks are likely to have fruit bowls, Candles, anvils and forges in them. *laffs*

Mir
In the capital city where gold coins are probably minted, I would imagine the forge would be essential.

As to candles, I guess they are better than banking in the dark.

And as for fruit bowls...well, they may have diabetics that work there :D

Did you see some of the other designs? They looked nothing like banks, more like inns.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gareth should opt for the dog to be named Noximos Junior, due to all I have done for him in the past! Crimsons and Crystalines..Jeeze.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but the thing is i did not break the rules as uo was notified and also i emailed them what i used during the process so it was not considered cheated because it was all for the purpose of the bank and nothing else..
IF and IF is bolded it is on your computer and used to design the bank on your emulator, you use it on EA shards, or else there woudlbe no reason to even have it unless you are breaking the TOS by playing freeshards. But bottom line that program is on your computer, what is to say that you are not useing it with an EA server

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CONGRATS!!! to all the winners and I can't wait to see the Baja design go up. I expected Sarsmi to win for Baja but I am happy that I won. The designs for all the shards look nice I will be making a trip to see them all when they go live. I hope EA does more events like this, it was allot of fun.

Pffbt, your design is fabulous. I was really impressed by so many of the designs, all the creativity shown was amazing! I had a really good time playing with insideUO - devs, if you want to add in some "new" tile art (IE pre existing art) for houses in the future I have a couple suggestions. :D I just loooved that thick brown railing! And there was a great lamp stand that I wish we could either craft or use in the home custom menu...I did manage to use a wonderful bit of wall art that I think is used in zento, it's a three panel piece that is just too cool looking.

A

AesSedai

- Perhaps the winners should get a togglable unique name to identify them via paperdoll, along with the bank plaque...

the architect
the North Britain bank designer
the pixelator

Just a thought :)

Congrats to all the winners!!

(Aye, I wish I'd participated; but all good.
Yet, I would love to see those that did & won get a unique identifier, rather than something that others could easily 'assume their identity' with a newly created character name.)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The design I submitted didn't win.

Oh well...at least it was less tacky than Luna...

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations to all the winners.

The designs are amazing, great work everyone. I feel a multi-shard tour coming in the near future. :)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations everyone! The designs are all absolutely amazing. :)

I wonder how many combined hours of TLC went into all of the submissions!

D

Dragon Mist

Congratulations to all the winners.

The designs are amazing, great work everyone. I feel a multi-shard tour coming in the near future. :)
Oh I see it takes a new bank design to get you to come visit us! LOL Ori and I would love to see you on Baja.

I wonder how many combined hours of TLC went into all of the submissions!
I know I spent several day putting mine togather, taking it apart, and looking for the right peice in insideUO, but I would do it again

M

Moonwynd

:thumbup:
Congratulations to each and every winner! Your designs are absolutely fabulous! Each one better than the last. Can see why the judges had such a hard time picking winners.
I can't wait to see them in the game when the renovations are finished. What an honor it will be to have your designs featured in the game. And like I told my daughter, Sweety, it will look good on your resume...
  • Designed and Redecorated the West Brit Bank located in the Catskills. :D

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, my tamer won (Thenon)!

Therefore Drachenfels will get this look on the inside and this one on the outside...

*does the very happy dance* :D

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I see it takes a new bank design to get you to come visit us! LOL Ori and I would love to see you on Baja.
DOH! I've been busted! :hahaha: *hangs head in shame*:sad4:

True... I need to visit my home shard and actually play more often. :D

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some nice entries, but am I the only one who hopes they leave Fel WBB just the way it is? Do whatever you like with the Tram one, but in my view, after 11 and a half years it would be an absolute travesty to change good ol WBB. I am hoping I missed something and this is only for Tram...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The winners will have the bank on their respective shard redecorated on both facets according to their design. A plaque will also be placed by the bank identifying the winning designer."

from here

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The winners will have the bank on their respective shard redecorated on both facets according to their design. A plaque will also be placed by the bank identifying the winning designer."

from here
WBB will never be the same to look at again, that feeling of nostalgia will be gone for ever. I'm not in any way having a go at any of the entries, but I'm sure many of you can understand where I'm coming from. By all means redo Tram, or even Fel, but not both! Please!

PS, thx for the clarification BTW. :)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again, congrats to everyone! Your decoration skills are amazing!

I am very happy and see this as a very positive step that the UO team has taken to involve the community :D

Way better than just letting GMs decor the place, more immersion for the players, more variety and less work for GMs, beautifully executed, whoever thought of this win/win scenario deserves a raise!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
and could you show us GOD what renovating the bank does look like?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I can tell you it doesn't involve a loom floating in the moat of the castle or trees sprouting up with moongates in them. Or someone pitching a tent on a paved roof.

They look like someone has tried to make them into everything they could ever possibly use and it shows. A gaudy dissorganised mess.

D

Dragonchilde

I agree with JC whats the point of having a town if everythings in one building. Didnt the rules say you couldnt change existing walls? None of the winning entries seem compliant with that.
What walls did Gareth change? All the original structures are there... he just either covered them up, or embellished!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the developers meant to say you can't change any of the existing walls or decorations. That would require modifying the map files in the client. Adding walls and other structures is possible and thus allowed.

T

Teeshy

Uh lol? Ok theres...
An entirely new area sitting in the moat thats nothing to do with the bank.
Theres a bunch of new walls on the roof of the bank. I'm sure lots of people will have fun remarking their runes.
Completely unrelated chopping block.
Fences/archery buttes/suits of armor/shimmering statues (wtf?)/chests/pots blocking most of the surrounding area.
3 seperate entirely new wall structures inside plus that well known bank related feature a forge, saw and ore cart.
random chairs in the middle of the floor
candles fitted to curtains (isn't that dangerous?)

Did everything short of putting a helipad and go kart rink in there.

Im sorry if you think its just whining but i think people who followed the rules would have got majorly short changed if these were allowed to win.
I think you miss that he didn't actually change the original walls =) They're still there, as Dragonchilde said =)
--

For all you people busily criticising everyone's efforts - if you really think you could do better - WHY DIDN'T YOU?

Sure, some of the designs are a little busy for my taste - however, my taste isn't the same as everyone elses. Fortunately I am sensible enough to know that. And it doesn't stop me from seeing the good "bits" in each design, regardless of whether or not the overall design is to my personal taste or not.

And I don't see the need to make people feel like ****e for actually managing to win. Maybe think about the effect of your words on another person.

T

Teeshy

Doesnt have to be part of the bank CKTC - we were told that it was ok to redecorate the area around the bank too =)

Lord Onslaught - I don't think giving an honest opinion is a bad thing - I just think that there's some designs have been targetted in this thread and essentially told are "sub par" and that's not fair to the person that designed them, and would take away from their joy at winning in the first place.

F

Flora Green

I think you miss that the moat isnt part of the bank
I'm pretty sure there was a thread where Joanne? answered questions and decorating the area around the bank was allowed. I'm lazy or I'd try to find it, however I'm 99% certain I'm correct. Therefore, the moat would be included in that area.

And I agree with Teeshy, some of the designs are a bit busy for my taste, but overall ALL of them have something very cool about them. And I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade. As long as the winners had valid entries, they won fairly.