[UO Herald] Bank Renovation Results

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
We would like to thank everyone for submitting their entries to the West Brit Bank Renovation contest. Judging was very difficult as we had so many great entries. As much as we would have liked to use all of the submitted designs, we are only able to place one on each shard. Our thanks and kudos to everyone who submitted an entry. Congratulations to the following winners:

Shard Player

Atlantic: Vladimir
Baja: Arlon Elanesse
Catskills: Sweety
Chesapeake: Gareth
Drachenfels: Thenon
Europa: Slugmaster
Formosa: La Chocolaterie
Great Lakes: Cocopuff
Lake Austin: Bliss Marie
Lake Superior: Stupid Miner
Legends: Devils own (2nd
Napa Valley: Maiden Millie
Oceania: MissEcho3
Pacific: Red Riding Hood
Siege: Ikichet
Sonoma: Drakelord

Congratulations to all of the winners!

We will provide screen shots of the designs once they are placed on each shard. We hope to have all of the designs placed on each of the shards within the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone who submitted their entries.

More...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Congratulations to all!!!! I can't wait to see the finished designs in game.

L

Luna du Selene

Congratulations to all submitters and winners! Special congratulations to Stupid Miner of my shard, Lake Superior! :bowdown:

G

GhostGL

Lets see your bank pic coco. Just hope ya didn't block my spot. And congrats! And all the other winners.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Oh thank you for results!

Where may I see pictures of all entries please? To see what you had to choose from is all. Did I miss that?

I did not enter.

When please may I see all entries?

Thank you for the contest, no more bunker bank I hope! :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
:thumbsup:

Congratulations to all winners, thanks to all entrants.

Let the whining and accusations of favoritism begin!!!!!

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!

Congratulations again.

-Galen's player

A

Aboo

Congratulations to all the winners. All the submissions I saw, whether they won or not, were awesome!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Congrats to all the winners. I can't wait to see the new designs. Once they're up, I may just have to take a shard hopping tour to check them all out.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Hahaha. Well I'm shocked I won. I nailed the Dev team pretty hard over things and I though they hated me hehe. I just can't believe I won and I'm still spinning. Like I said to others now I'm just worried the Chesapeake community wont like my design. So went from one worry to another.

I would post the picture but I don't know if that breaks the rules or not. Chrissay? Since I submitted it it said it becomes the property of EA/Mythic and I don't want to steal their thunder

I can't wait to see everyone elses design!!!!

(PS I know that was a joke Galen and I laughed pretty hard. That's what I was thinking haha.)

Congratulations to all winners, thanks to all entrants.

Let the whining and accusations of favoritism begin!!!!!

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!

Congratulations again.

-Galen's player

B

Bara

Congrats Devils Own! I'm happy you won for Legends.

And congrats to everyone else.

You're all a part of UO history.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Thank you Cocopuff! Way to go!

To Gareth, were you really thinking that? Gosh... :(

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Aww I should have done more with my moat. I love your Lilly pads and all the flowers in those spots. I love yours!!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Hehe I wasn't. Ive played UO since 97 and everytime their is a contest someone always yells favoritism. hehe. So Galen beat them to the punch line.

Thank you Cocopuff! Way to go!

To Gareth, were you really thinking that? Gosh... :(

M

Millie

CONGRATS Everyone! Well be so neat to see them when they are on the banks.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 13, 2002
Green Mt State - Vt
Congrats to all the Winners. They ALL looked Great :bowdown:...
And to Maiden Millie (Napa's 1 & Only Original Millie, my 8 yr friend on Napa Valley. Congrats Millie ya did a Great job) Now WHERE'S THE :link: :D

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
I dunno maybe they should relocate the Britain Moongate to the bank? lol now wouldnt that be funny. It is a movable object isn't it? heh

Thats why I put the small forge there just in case ;-)

F

Flora Green

Congrats everyone! There were some really great designs submitted. One thing I noticed is Origin doesn't have a winner. Guess they didn't like what was entered?

U

ultima online

yeah but there is a forge outside too on the little strut over the moat :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
Congrats to everyone!!!! Britain is going to look a lot nicer when these all go into place!!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Congrats to all winners! :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
is there seriously going to be a random dragon head, and a fishnet doormat on GL?, nice job to the other guys pics though, i like that dock type deal on the moat.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
linky to all my entries

most likely they simply tired of seeing emails from me :D I did as told, and sent each in a separate mail... my designs are timid in comparison to some, and I can't wait to travel the shards and see them all in place

congratulations to everyone that entered ~ participation shows passion for our lands

this is the text that accompanied each..... there are very few on Legends that were not touched by our Lady Phoenix:

All designs submitted by me are variations of the same basics... a lot more flowers, some signs of a thriving business inside the bank and a not too cluttered rooftop for those that like to recall onto the roof.

One thing you will find in all designs is a small memorial park for our Lady Phoenix. It is sometimes directly in front of the bank, other times up the road towards Brit Castle in that wide grassy area. In the event that the statue cannot
be dedicated to her memory, it should remain in the design since the friends of Legends will always know what and who it is for. I was unable to hue the statues, and would ask that they be done in the palest of marble.

Altho stairs are included in every design I would also like the lantern in the southeast corner to function as the bartop bottles in the Skara Brae Community Center do - click the lantern and you are transported to the ground.

I am a great fan of stacking, and if you look closely you'll see that many of the plants have been stacked. :)

Kurgan's HouseBuilder program was used to create the banks, and I'm concerned about the tall dark ornamental trees you'll see in some of the designs. When they get to the small wall on the second level they disappear into the wall (dang) and I don't know if that's a restriction of the program used or if they will do such in-game. If so, perhaps some smaller trees might do well there.

Thanks for looking!

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 21, 2002
Cocopuff is a cheater! He posted pics of himself using Razor above!
lol I wondered if somebody was going to point that out :D

I seem to remember some obscure reference point a while ago (perhaps a developer quote) that suggested the use of free shards and related software is "okay" provided it's not used for making actual servers, but that was like 5 years ago, not sure what the policy is on it now.

C

COCOPUFF641

not a cheater and i included in the email what i used and everything to make my bank so obviously it is fine..

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Yeah im sure if COCOPUFF641 was cheating that wouldn't have won. Way to Stomp on Cocos parade. I like your design by the way CoCo very nice.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Cocopuff is a cheater! He posted pics of himself using Razor above!
good observation! damn cheater! he is i am strongweed in POOF, POOF is cheaterz?!? down with cocopuff! CHEATER!

C

COCOPUFF641

na def not a cheater im 100% legit unlike all the speed hackers and exploit users out there =/ but u can hate on my bank all you want..but that doesnt change the fact that i won =)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
They said if they dont have a entry that can be used that the Dev team will make one. Perhaps no one sent one in for Origin or maybe they made a two story tall bank?

K

Kratos Aurion

good observation! damn cheater! he is i am strongweed in POOF, POOF is cheaterz?!? down with cocopuff! CHEATER!
I noticed that too. That should have been a *red alert* from the beginning.

That already violates the terms of the contesnt.

F

Flora Green

Dhara sent an entry and her pic is on the Origin board and in one of the bank threads here. No second story that I saw.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
I like how a contest that was suppose to be fun and community constructive has now turned into a blast one of the winners and ruin a thread where we can see other peoples designed. I am rather excited to see what the other shards will look like.

I guess Galen the favoritism finger wasn't pointed the cheater one was. heh

I noticed that too. That should have been a *red alert* from the beginning.

That already violates the terms of the contesnt.

K

Kratos Aurion

Nothing *too bad* with the design. I never entered the contest so it's not like I'm griefing that I *didn't* win. I just think it's a blatantly obvious violation of the contest that shouldn't have been over looked. I mean if I would have known that I could have gotten away with using Razor or RUO, hell I would have given it a shot.

C

COCOPUFF641

but the thing is i did not break the rules as uo was notified and also i emailed them what i used during the process so it was not considered cheated because it was all for the purpose of the bank and nothing else..

M

Millie

I guess Galen the favoritism finger wasn't pointed the cheater one was. heh
Id like to know how the original accuser knows its R? I just figured
it was KR since I don't use it. I guess it takes a Cheater to point a Cheater out.
And if the team had a problem with it being used for the contest why would of he won.