[UO Herald] Bank Renovation Results

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Britain Felucca West Crossroads
www.uoguide.com
Bank Pictures
I really wasn't going to say anything but then I looked at the images again and feel compelled to.

You turned the West Britain Bank into Luna bank. There is a stable, forge, archery range, moongate, arcane circle, and tailor shop all now centrally located. You could probably demolish most of Britain now.

Your interior was very creative. But the exterior is so over the top.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 5, 2006
Lost as usual !
I'm still trying to figure out wtf Razor/Razer/Razar is and how someone can tell when someone is using it.. sheesh!

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 17, 2004
Vlad, care to post the Atlantic entry? Pleeeeeease? :D

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
hmmm, I see JC's point.
But maybe it depends on the shard. Some shards are probably not busy at Brit bank, unlike Atlantic, and they could use the traffic.

I do love the Arcane Circle though.

K

Kratos Aurion

I'm still trying to figure out wtf Razor/Razer/Razar is and how someone can tell when someone is using it.. sheesh!
Its an in-game emulator that uses the games source code to reconstruct the world using your computer as the server.

You have free range of abilities including admin rights (developers) and item creation. This also means you can decorate all you want and how it's obvious is that his character is standing in the middle of each picture.

Other significant details that further prove it are

-the stairs (can't add those on EA servers)
-type of content added (most of it can't be obtained through ingame items)

And in response to COCOPUFF.

If you did infact receive contact allowing the use of RAZOR, I feel like it should have been announced to the public that it should have been ALLOWED to all users who wanted to participate, but couldnt due to the lack of technical use of CS3 or any other photo program.

If that is true I feel like other players (who wanted to participate) have been cheated by the devs.

N

Ni-

Chrissay said it was okay for me to post mine So here it is

Outstanding job on Chessy's Bank. I love the usability with the forge and arcane circle! What would have been great fore-thought is if you put a blank stage with a no draw tile on it stating 'a soul forge goes here'!

hhmmm, wait... no stairs to the roof? Where does that moongate go? To the other moongates or to the roof? Or do some of the other sparklies go to the roof? All of the sign posts/plaques, did you put what they are supposed to say? I'm sure one should be in recognition to you for the design!

I wonder if the new usability and pleasing asthetics will draw some of the old WBB aura.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
No one uses our West Brit bank on Chesapeake so I had to give it use and some fun things to do while people are there. Its soo annoying to see everyone standing inside the small Luna area.

Since 97/98 I have ALWAYS wanted a shop on a dock hovering over the moat hehe so I put it there. Honestly I did that for me as selfish as that sounds. I set that Tailor/Smith area up for myself and OkuC heheh.

What is the point in designing a bank that no one will use? I had to give it a Luna feel or it was pointless to do. Just another blessed area on Chesapeake that no one uses or cares about.

JC
But I am glade JC that someone does not like my design. I value your honesty.

NI
The Sparks are for the teleport up and the moongate is suppose to function as a normal moongate but will see what EA/mythic does. They should just move the Britain moongate and put it at the bank lol. It is movable

-the stairs (can't add those on EA servers)
-type of content added (most of it can't be obtained through ingame items)
-The docks (as obvious as the stairs)
Since Coco Puffs did not have Docks im going to assume you mean my picture. The Dock is each individual tile placed by hand and lined up in paint. Every single grass tile, Dock, Red road, Carpet, Executioners axe thing (8 pieces), Lava, Table pieces, Paintings, Curtain etc is single pieces put together so no...no cheats. its a single tile I pieced together by hand for twelve hours.

I used Inside UO and Tada Paint lol. No adobe or anything cool. Just copy, paste, copy, paste, line up, paste, paste.

That dock was a PITA hehe

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Congratulations to all the winners!

I can't wait to see all the designs.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to re-design the Brit Bank area.
Maybe they are going to pick among the other entries for Origin?
Or did they say if no one made an entry on a shard it would remain as is?

N

Ni-

I really wasn't going to say anything but then I looked at the images again and feel compelled to.

You turned the West Britain Bank into Luna bank. There is a stable, forge, archery range, moongate, arcane circle, and tailor shop all now centrally located. You could probably demolish most of Britain now.

I kinda understand your point, but I didn't actually see any NPCs. The rest of Britian won't need to be demolished if there are no NPCs.

On chessy, Luna is the old WBB. WBB is pretty dead, the most number of people I've seen there have been maybe 5, usually 1-2 if anyone.

The only effect this design could have is to lure people away from Luna to Britian. Mall shoppers and moongate users will still travel to luna.

I think the design is fine. The Dev's installation of this design could prove your concerns to be true. I guess we'd have to wait and see.

N

Ni-

NI
The Sparks are for the teleport up and the moongate is suppose to function as a normal moongate but will see what EA/mythic does. They should just move the Britain moongate and put it at the bank lol. It is movable
Sweetness!

oh yeah, THANKS!

K

Kratos Aurion

Since Coco Puffs did not have Docks im going to assume you mean my picture. The Dock is each individual tile placed by hand and lined up in paint. Every single grass tile, Dock, Red road, Carpet, Executioners axe thing (8 pieces), Lava, Table pieces, Paintings, Curtain etc is single pieces put together so no...no cheats or Razor. its a single tile I pieced together by hand for twelve hours.
Oops you're right sorry too many pictures scrolling through my head:lick:

C

COCOPUFF641

actually the stairs can be added and i had to add each block 1 by one to make the stairs...

D

Dhara

I can't imagine that all of the Origin entries were so bad that none of them could be used. Not to mention my feelings would be a little bruised as I spent HOURS on mine even though they gave limited guideliness. I think mine was not chosen because I tried to keep it simple - maybe too much so. But I'd like to think that if there were no other entries that mine was not so bad that they could not use it!? Maybe it was just a mistake and whoever was making up the list accidentally forgot about Origin? Either that or it's time for me to put away my graphics program and find something else to do with my spare time. LOL

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Someone sent me a Origin one done by Dhara and I was amazed it was so cool. I have to say I loved it.

Edit: opps haha your Dhara. Love your design.

D

Dhara

Oh yea...one more thing. I don't think Lord Gareth cheated. I used a graphics program which allowed me to place anything anywhere I could imagine. I used art from InsideUo which gave me access to EVERY item. It was slow and painstaking work, but if Lord Gareth is a cheater...then I guess I am too because I had MUCH more freedom in item placement than any assist type of program would have allowed. Congrats Lord Gareth. I think your design is a bit busy for my personal taste, but I do think you won fair -n- square :)

D

Dhara

Thanks Lord Gareth....I did not ready your post before posting mine, I promise! I just saw it. I appreciate your comments :)

L

Lunaticus

Congrats Stupid Miner! Your design was truly awesome, and I can't wait to do some much needed bank sitting! :bowdown:

D

Dhara

Oh yea...one more thing. I don't think Lord Gareth cheated.
Oops, I meant Cocopuff - regardless of who you are or what program you used ...i dont think any design submission could be accused of cheating since they did not put any specific guidliness on it in the first place.

N

Nastia Cross

I agree, JC. The interior is AWESOME, but the exterior is way too busy. I doubt that the server could actually handle most of that, but I hope they keep the fountain and moon gate areas, as those are especially well done.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Britain Felucca West Crossroads
www.uoguide.com
Its an in-game emulator that uses the games source code to reconstruct the world using your computer as the server
This is not the program at all. It is an illegal 3rd party application which copies all of UOAssists features and adds in unfair exploitative advantages along with unattended automated scripting abilities. It does not have world building capabilities in it.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Eh can't please everyone on Chesapeake. But the design pleases me so thats all that matters. As long as the creator likes it :)

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 15, 2008
Formosa
www.facebook.com
::::::::::::::::thud:::::::::::::::::::

holy cow..... just..... holy cow
Spot on!

I couldn't stop screaming and jumping up n down for the first 20mins! lol

Now my shard is gonna go thru torture from the 'flower gal' for the rest of their UO days .. muahahah :D

Just WOW indeed! ... and A BIG congrats to ALL the winners! Y'all did great! :D

*runs off to park a char on each Brit Bank :D*

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It's a Battlestar Galactica telefilm. And it was quite good! :D

W

wrekognize

agreed. way too busy.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
It's a Battlestar Galactica telefilm. And it was quite good! :D
I forget what shard you play on, but when your character that's becoming Queen actually takes the throne, will she be keeping the winning design or does she have another in mind?

-Galen's player

PS: Sorry to keep harping on the motif of "Morgana for Queen" I just thought it was really cool and can't quite stop smiling about it. *chuckles* Silly, eh?

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 28, 2008
Down south *messin' with Texas*
Congratulations to all of the Bank Renovation Design winners! I look forward to visiting each shard, once the designs have been put in place.

I am very excited and honored to have had my entry chosen as the winning design for Lake Austin. I submitted two versions of my design. The second entry had more decoration added. You can view it here (click on the image to enlarge it). I don't know which version they selected, but I'm hoping it was the second one.

Thanks EA/Mythc for offering the contest. I had fun working on it and I'm really pleased about being able to make a lasting impact on my home shard in UO.

BlissMarie

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Please people, if I'm not to butcher this thread beyond recognition, help me by removing the name of that unapproved program from your posts

T

Teeshy

Congrats to all the winners! =D And please ignore the criticism's - I'm sure you knew when you entered that Uhall would massacre WHICHEVER design was chosen ;)

Fact is you won, and were chosen, so deserve praise and congratulations =)

And yay MissE too! =D Your 3rd one was the garden one wasn't it? I KNEW I had no chance once I saw yours =D (didn't stop me from hoping of course ;) LOL!) I'm looking forward to seeing it all done =D

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Awsome job BlissMarie. I love the mini tree plants and the outside areas you payed attention to with the shop.

Can the little dog be named Fighto the Super Dog?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Congratulations to all the winners! I look forward to seeing the final results.

S

Stupid Miner

Hm...

How is the water from the river flowing down stream onto the roof of the bank?

:fake:

(But congratulations.)
Most UO house designers know of the importance of illusion :p

besides, I went to the M.C. Escher school of physics. :lick:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
I think their is a water rise spell somewhere around here. *looks for it* its one of those spells that aren't used daily by mages because they don't hurt things or heal them. Aha! Dere it be! "Water Rise Spell"

(Used to make water rise from moats onto bank roofs.)

See all better.

S

Seismic

Vladimir, can you post your winning design? I'm on ATL and want to see what is in store :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Most UO house designers know of the importance of illusion :p

besides, I went to the M.C. Escher school of physics. :lick:
It is a combination of magic and simple tricking the eye, and you'll never reveal the secret.

-Galen's player

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
im kind of bummed now, seeing these other designs, how plain greatlake's wbb will be. no offense to razor runner.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 1, 2000
Felucca
For now I like Miner's version best, because it's new, fresh and coherent. Throwing together every item and statue in game is not enough...