• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Update to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, By 4pm ET today, April 14, 2017, we will be updating TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes. We’ll be on TC1 from this afternoon and throughout the weekend so stop by and say hello! As always we appreciate your time and be sure to send us your feedback! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see Conductive Blast was nerfed. But what about the other resist dropping abilities such as Rune Corruption which I been told is even stronger and affects all resists?

I really hope the rest of the resist dropping abilities are addressed before this pub is released or there is going to be a disaster situation going on in pvp.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see Conductive Blast was nerfed. But what about the other resist dropping abilities such as Rune Corruption which I been told is even stronger and affects all resists?

I really hope the rest of the resist dropping abilities are addressed before this pub is released or there is going to be a disaster situation going on in pvp.
Wow Like I asked you before. Have you even been to the test Center? How many pets have killed you. :coco:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why on Earth did u change the damage to players from 50% up to 30% because q person that exclusively plays a tamer asked for a change. Everyone freaked out about tamers getting buffed, you set it to 50, pretty much appeased everyone and then back off on it?

50% was fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why on Earth did u change the damage to players from 50% up to 30% because q person that exclusively plays a tamer asked for a change. Everyone freaked out about tamers getting buffed, you set it to 50, pretty much appeased everyone and then back off on it?

50% was fine.
50% was FAR too much would have made every tamer trying to do anything in Fel a sitting duck.

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wow Like I asked you before. Have you even been to the test Center? How many pets have killed you. :coco:
So can you provide a logical argument as to how getting your resists cut in half is not going to affect the balance of pvp?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50% was FAR too much would have made every tamer trying to do anything in Fel a sitting duck.
You can rest assured, "pvm tamers" doing anything in fel are still going to be sitting ducks.

If you think a pet should deal it's full damage to other players, how much faster do you think a non-pvp tamer would die to a pvp tamer in fel? normally pvp-tamers do damage themselves in addition to their pets. it'll be much much faster with rune corruption though. (It's not a good thing)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So can you provide a logical argument as to how getting your resists cut in half is not going to affect the balance of pvp?
It wont happen. Everytime someone complains about a pet hurting them , they nerf pets. They wont let pets affect stats on players, just watch. Yall cry over everything in Fel.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It wont happen. Everytime someone complains about a pet hurting them , they nerf pets. They wont let pets affect stats on players, just watch. Yall cry over everything in Fel.
If there is a problem that the devs are not aware of, how are they supposed to find out if nobody points it out to them? Are they mind readers? o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there is a problem that the devs are not aware of, how are they supposed to find out if nobody points it out to them? Are they mind readers? o_O
I hope they are taking input from people on Test Center. Not people who have not even tried the update. Is that too much to ask?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I hope they are taking input from people on Test Center. Not people who have not even tried the update. Is that too much to ask?
How do you know I haven't been on test center? I'm assuming you don't pvp, so why do you even care? All you do is complain about me posting but provide absolutely zero explanation as to why my points are wrong. Such a troll...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol. lets pretend getting dropped to 35 in all resists is not a problem.

Please go learn some game mechanics

:facepalm:
Inferno, Conductive Blast and Rune Corruption drop current Resists, not the cap. You can overcap Resists against these debuffs. Most PvPers nowadays run around in Legendary Armor with a total of 90-100+ in all Resists. Inferno drops Fire Resist by 1/4, so you can easily still remain over 70 Fire Resist when hit with it. Conductive Blast lowers Energy Resist by half, and Rune Corruption lowers all Resists by half. Rune Corruption has been that way for years, and has already been nerfed once. It used to drop Resists by 100% when Rune Beetles were first introduced.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Inferno, Conductive Blast and Rune Corruption drop current Resists, not the cap. You can overcap Resists against these debuffs. Most PvPers nowadays run around in Legendary Armor with a total of 90-100+ in all Resists. Inferno drops Fire Resist by 1/4, so you can easily still remain over 70 Fire Resist when hit with it. Conductive Blast lowers Energy Resist by half, and Rune Corruption lowers all Resists by half. Rune Corruption has been that way for years, and has already been nerfed once. It used to drop Resists by 100% when Rune Beetles were first introduced.
what is the duration of Rune Corruption?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix
So, i just did a bit of spell damage testing between a WW with 417 INT/GM Magery/GM Eval and Magery Mastery, vs a Serpentine Dragon with 1005 INT/101.2 Magery/GM Eval and Magery Mastery. Despite Bleak saying that INT affected spell damage on certain spells for pets, the Flame Strike and E-Bolts of the WW and Serpentine Dragon were doing the same damage, despite a 588 INT difference (which should be a 58% Spell Damage difference). The Serpentine Dragon was doing 236 damage a tick with Death Ray to a 0 Resist target, and the WW was doing the same with Death Ray.
That means INT isn't worth putting any Training Points into.
"Pet Intelligence now affects some spell damage."
Nice seeing that my testing is having some influence on the bug fixes and changes.

"Pet training of magical abilities now allows the removal of all existing magical abilities on a pet instead of just removing Magery. Known Issue – Warning message only mentions Magery."
Nice! This means that Dread Spiders should be able to learn Necromage now.

what is the duration of Rune Corruption?
About 3-4 seconds last i checked.

kazeandi

Adventurer
Would have been great if all pets could be raised to 5 slots. Gives you more of a sense what a legendary tamer can do ;)
Too bad Imps only go up to 4.

Angel

Adventurer
Nice seeing that my testing is having some influence on the bug fixes and changes.

"Pet training of magical abilities now allows the removal of all existing magical abilities on a pet instead of just removing Magery. Known Issue – Warning message only mentions Magery."
Good to see everything covered yesterday, was addressed and fixed today :)

Last edited:

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran

About 3-4 seconds last i checked.
Just checked the duration on test center. Rune Corruption lasts 5 seconds now.

It also drops all resists by 35 points now instead of reducing by half

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pointing out the reason something could cause an issue is exactly how bad changes (hopefully) get avoided. They haven't nerfed pets in like 10 years, the rest of the game just got buffed harder. Hopefully they won't but as it is right now, they DO effect players, so reservations need to be stated until it's altered. You "cry" any time something could even remotely be considered tied to a pvp issue in any upcoming publish.

kazeandi

Adventurer
I'm relaxed when it comes to PvP changes for tamers, because I usually pull a Brave Sir Robin, so nerfs/buffs don't phase me.
As long as they don't influence PvE, I'm happy with everything. :)

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

50% was fine.
On what basis do you claim 50% was fine?
I imagine if they had said 80% you would still be saying it was fine, also who exclusively plays a tamer?

I have tested quite a lot on TC and I can tell you pet damage has NOT increased by 100%, if it had I would agree a 50% nerf was fine, the GD(the apparent benchmark pet) has not changed at all, so how can a 50% nerf be fine, I have never seen PvPers shouting that GDs are overpowered and ruining PvP.
I think you would find any reduction of that magnitude like "ranged weapons now deal 50% less damage vs players" with no testing or solid reasoning would be complained about.

The actual material change in this publish is the pet special moves and abilities, few of which are actually direct damage so escape the 50% nerf, these are the things they need to nerf for PvP, or disable completely.

I went to Fel on TC and ordered my GD to attack me, on a tamer with no wrestle or any form of melee defence, I could stand still while it attacked me using 1st circle heals and keep myself up reasonably easily, I then tried setting the GD on a PvP template char I have with 120 wrestle and it and it was laughably easy to stand there and heal, I imagine if Id tried it on my parry mage I could have probably gone out for a cigarette and still have been alive when i got back.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On some pets, I was able to max out EVERYTHING and still had 678 points left over after customizing. I tested it on a fire steed. I don't think that should happen. All the pets will end up being very similar. Some of the property weights need to be increased quite a bit. I can't even spend all the points even if i wanted to.

It doesn't really feel like customization when everybody will do the same thing, just max out everything because there is a surplus of training points.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On some pets, I was able to max out EVERYTHING and still had 678 points left over after customizing. I tested it on a fire steed. I don't think that should happen. All the pets will end up being very similar. Some of the property weights need to be increased quite a bit. I can't even spend all the points even if i wanted to.

It doesn't really feel like customization when everybody will do the same thing, just max out everything because there is a surplus of training points.
Maxed out everything? I've not been able to do that on anything. Would you care to share your actual figures? Did you add any power scrolls? Special Moves? HPR? MR?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So i did a second test to determine if Intelligence is correctly boosting a pet's spell damage. I used the same WW and Serpentine Dragon as before, with a 588 INT difference between the two. The WW was doing 61-67 damage an E-Bolt and 78-84 damage a Flame Strike to a 0 Resists Drone. The Serpentine Dragon was doing 67-75 damage an E-Bolt and 75-93 damage a Flame Strike to a 0 Resists Drone. Mind you, this is against a 0 Resists target, so against a high Resists target the difference in damage will be much smaller, to the point of being negligible at 60+ Resists. So INT does appear to be slightly increasing the spell damage of pets now, but nowhere near as much as i thought it would.
Crushing Blow actually appears to be doing less damage than a normal melee attack does.
Skrees are casting Protection and Magic Reflection. The Stygian Drake casts Magic Reflection as well. Magic Reflection alters their Resists with -20/+10/+10/+10/+10.
Strength/Agility/Cunning/Weaken/Clumsy/Feeblemind/Bless/Curse no longer seem to affect the derived stats (Health/Stam/Mana) of a creature, just the primary stats (STR/DEX/INT). This means no more 165+ DEX/Stam Rune Beetles hitting the 180+ Stam breakpoint after a Bless :(

Sounds like you went through the Training Gate again after your pet had already hit 5 slots. That gives you an extra 5k Training Points that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone managed to raise chivalry skill on a pet? my firesteed has sat at 40 ever since I trained it with chiv, it doesnt seem to be using it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but not far. I put it on my cu-sidhe. I made a very short video, just in case anyone wanted to get some idea of how this thing panned out for a cu. Her stats are at the end.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't know if you're trying to argue in favor of keeping this, but this is a poor rationalization to keep something that shouldn't belong.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Same here. I "maxxed out" 30 or so pets, and had points left over on every one.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So i did a second test to determine if Intelligence is correctly boosting a pet's spell damage. I used the same WW and Serpentine Dragon as before, with a 588 INT difference between the two. The WW was doing 61-67 damage an E-Bolt and 78-84 damage a Flame Strike to a 0 Resists Drone. The Serpentine Dragon was doing 67-75 damage an E-Bolt and 75-93 damage a Flame Strike to a 0 Resists Drone. Mind you, this is against a 0 Resists target, so against a high Resists target the difference in damage will be much smaller, to the point of being negligible at 60+ Resists. So INT does appear to be slightly increasing the spell damage of pets now, but nowhere near as much as i thought it would.
Crushing Blow actually appears to be doing less damage than a normal melee attack does.
Skrees are casting Protection and Magic Reflection. The Stygian Drake casts Magic Reflection as well. Magic Reflection alters their Resists with -20/+10/+10/+10/+10.
Strength/Agility/Cunning/Weaken/Clumsy/Feeblemind/Bless/Curse no longer seem to affect the derived stats (Health/Stam/Mana) of a creature, just the primary stats (STR/DEX/INT). This means no more 165+ DEX/Stam Rune Beetles hitting the 180+ Stam breakpoint after a Bless :(

Sounds like you went through the Training Gate again after your pet had already hit 5 slots. That gives you an extra 5k Training Points that you otherwise wouldn't be able to get.
Oh, so the "last" round of points, the 5K one, won't be there when it goes live? Wow, that changes everything. I wonder why the Devs haven't fixed that during testing? @Bleak @Kyronix

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how you did that. I ran out of points on everything I wanted to do. I'd love to see what you actually put on your pets to 'max out' and still have points left.

You were counting in the advance gate bug?? No wonder you were creating over powered pets. I suggest you go back to the drawing board. Once you hit 5 slots there are NO more points!

you could even read up on the page on the wiki and see what else you've totally misunderstood?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't confuse these posters with
On what basis do you claim 50% was fine?
I imagine if they had said 80% you would still be saying it was fine, also who exclusively plays a tamer?

I have tested quite a lot on TC and I can tell you pet damage has NOT increased by 100%, if it had I would agree a 50% nerf was fine, the GD(the apparent benchmark pet) has not changed at all, so how can a 50% nerf be fine, I have never seen PvPers shouting that GDs are overpowered and ruining PvP.
I think you would find any reduction of that magnitude like "ranged weapons now deal 50% less damage vs players" with no testing or solid reasoning would be complained about.

The actual material change in this publish is the pet special moves and abilities, few of which are actually direct damage so escape the 50% nerf, these are the things they need to nerf for PvP, or disable completely.

I went to Fel on TC and ordered my GD to attack me, on a tamer with no wrestle or any form of melee defence, I could stand still while it attacked me using 1st circle heals and keep myself up reasonably easily, I then tried setting the GD on a PvP template char I have with 120 wrestle and it and it was laughably easy to stand there and heal, I imagine if Id tried it on my parry mage I could have probably gone out for a cigarette and still have been alive when i got back.
Don't confuse these posters with facts. They just want to complain based on conjecture.

Angel

Adventurer
If you do not use the gate, and train. you get 1501 each time you advance. Just trained one yesterday after it happened to me. The gates bugged. If do not click train and go thru gate and than click train go thru gate you end up with 5263. This happens on the last level up. 5/5

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you do not use the gate, and train. you get 1501 each time you advance. Just trained one yesterday after it happened to me. The gates bugged. If do not click train and go thru gate and than click train go thru gate you end up with 5263. This happens on the last level up. 5/5
Right, I didn't know that was a bug though. Thanks!

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't know if you're trying to argue in favor of keeping this, but this is a poor rationalization to keep something that shouldn't belong.
Especially when you can make rune beetles much more tanky than they are now. Their downfall now is they die quickly. But a much tankier pet with Rune Corruption is going to be very problematic.

Players should not have to overcap every resist over a 100 just to deal with 1 pet. That is poor design

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Especially when you can make rune beetles much more tanky than they are now. Their downfall now is they die quickly. But a much tankier pet with Rune Corruption is going to be very problematic
As long as they make rune corruption work differently on players than it does in PvM

I really miss having people actually use it in PvM, man.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Especially when you can make rune beetles much more tanky than they are now. Their downfall now is they die quickly. But a much tankier pet with Rune Corruption is going to be very problematic.

Players should not have to overcap every resist over a 100 just to deal with 1 pet. That is poor design
Rune beetles already do this in PvP dont they?
I dueled a guild mate on Siege a few times who was using one but at the time I wasnt aware they did this corruption thing(I had been away from the game during that samurai expansion), damn thing was fast and a hissy pain in the arse though with the poison etc, he had a mare also and was using the only spec "tamers" in PvP seem to use, the dismount archer, I was using a nox mage, the tankiness of the beetle didnt play much of a part as I wasnt going to waste my time trying to kill the beetle, used para field and invis to keep it off me, but yes in a group fight in VvV it would play a part.

Thing is, I tried training on a rune beetle today and they go to 4 slots once you click the train thing, then the go to 5 once you train them, ie you get one training pass, so thats a heavy price to pay just to make the beetle more tanky, Im not sure if its worth it, if the tamer isnt a gargoyle he is then limited to walking, making him a lot less of a problem than if he were riding a mare and able to chase you,constantly getting off it to try to dismount you to make you beetle+mare fodder :D

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why would a pvp tamer have a 5 slot pet and not be a gargoyle? If I used a 5 slot beetle, I would definitely be a gargoyle.

Any abilities that drop you below 50 in any resist is ridiculous. There is a reason why curse + corpse skin stacking was disabled in the last publish

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was testing out the rune beetle on myself. Sometimes it would spam Rune Corruption repeatedly. As soon as it wore off, I was getting hit with it again.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Greetings, By 4pm ET today, April 14, 2017, we will be updating TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes. We’ll be on TC1 from this afternoon and throughout the weekend so stop by and say hello! As always we appreciate your time and be sure to send us your feedback! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...
Thanks Devs for fixing up the guard whack bug :heart:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would a pvp tamer have a 5 slot pet and not be a gargoyle? If I used a 5 slot beetle, I would definitely be a gargoyle.

Any abilities that drop you below 50 in any resist is ridiculous. There is a reason why curse + corpse skin stacking was disabled in the last publish
For gargoyle in PVP, a rune beetle + nightmare today could produce more damage than a 5 slot rune beetle with 50% reduction of damage after this patch.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For gargoyle in PVP, a rune beetle + nightmare today could produce more damage than a 5 slot rune beetle with 50% reduction of damage after this patch.
It is 30% reduction now, not 50%.

Again it's not even about the pet damage. The smart pvp tamer will focus on doing most of the damage themselves rather than the pet doing most of the damage in the next publish. The strategy is to let your pet debuff your opponent, while you mow them down when their resists are cut in half.

While loose pets are hard to keep alive now, in the next pub you can double their hp and give them 80 in all resists.

Last edited: