• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89 for TC1 Today

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idocers and scripters are both greedy. The only difference is one of them is a cheat.

The scripters greed is evidenced by what they do in resorting to a cheat to get richer. The idocers greed is evidenced by the vulture mentality that is seen when a house goes into decay.

When we desperately need gold sinks to take gold and even items out of the game why to we perpetuate with the idoc system which just circulates the wealth amongst an ever decreasing player base. A lot of that gold and items from idocs was probably duped or bought from a duper anyway. Just have done with idocs and take the gold and items out of the game.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idocers and scripters are both greedy. The only difference is one of them is a cheat.

The scripters greed is evidenced by what they do in resorting to a cheat to get richer. The idocers greed is evidenced by the vulture mentality that is seen when a house goes into decay.

When we desperately need gold sinks to take gold and even items out of the game why to we perpetuate with the idoc system which just circulates the wealth amongst an ever decreasing player base. A lot of that gold and items from idocs was probably duped or bought from a duper anyway. Just have done with idocs and take the gold and items out of the game.
Preferential to letting scripters have full rein obviously and as this latest change does just that..... Why Not?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of whether you regard idocers and/or scripters as greedy I can see no justification to endorse a change which favours the cheats. In the post I referred to the writer implied that the situation regarding idocs is better because the (in his view) greedy players will find it difficult, if not near impossible, to continue their chosen 'profession' , now that scripters alone are ideally situated to benefit from the change. By inference that means he thinks scripters are not greedy or has some other reason to argue that this is for the better, however else can you argue that the position for idocs is ideal now?. I have yet to see a single valid argument that supports this view and to say that idocers are greedy (ignoring the fact that most contents will now go to scripters) don't cut it.
I agree that most of these IDOC's will fall into the scripters hands but I also feel that these are the some of the same people who would have recieved the items anyways. While there is a portion of the player base who will not adapt to this change I think that those who played this angle alot will simply push play and go to bed. We all know that there is even a smaller chance that any accounts will be banned now vs last year vs 2 years back and so forth.

I think that Goldberg as come to the conclusion that those who have been posting here about the change act and sound greedy in their approach, though I can't speak for him. I feel this way and have done my best to not hide that.

All in all it's just meh.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
15 different slayers?? I think you need to invest in some super slayers >.<
Ok i might exagerated on the slayers, but i do have all super slayer scrappers, a magery book, a spellweaving, necromancer book, mysticism book, corgul book, ninjitsu and chivalry book, a bushido book, conjurer grimoire, yes i do have ahybrid template with alot of skills, i also carry around 5 runebooks. Now if by misfortune a looted ring fall behind one of the book, good luck finding it quick

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it a little amusing that you guys think you can just push play and automatically loot an entire idoc with tons of heavy stuff - I'd love to see that whopper of a script - lol

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't but you can push play and have your comp make a noise when the house falls, or have a set of item ID's at hand waiting to be picked up, you could use a weight check to then call a recall sub such that you arrive at a house to drop loot off into a box on the steps.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find it a little amusing that you guys think you can just push play and automatically loot an entire idoc with tons of heavy stuff - I'd love to see that whopper of a script - lol
What they do ...... and I've seen it done is there is ONE guy on a paid account followed by 8 to 10 or more "young" players all named something similar like "Sally 1" ... The one player stations himself/herself in the centerish of the house and all the "youngs" are placed near where 99% of the chests are. When the house falls the "youngs" insta-grab most all the chest before they even hit the ground... Where they hold them on their cursor not in the backpack so they can stand there all day long like that with the heaviest of chests. It's not like anything "bad" will happen to them they are "young" so no monster is going to wander over and hurt them or anything... And they stand there until most everyone is gone then one by one they will "drop" the chest at the feet of the guy/girl who is the actual "played" account he goes to each one and collects what they have. If they chest is too "heavy" the bot will drop it and he'll grab something out of it and the bot picks it back up.... again holding it on his cursor until ordered to drop it again. This gives the one controlling them all the time in the world to come by and collect the stuff.

The only thing they "script" is the initial loot grab at the start of the house dropping. He obviously has some sort of script that gets them to pick up the item and keep it on the cursor. Anyone can hold a chest on their cursor for hours on end... no matter how much it weighs. Long as you don't log out or try to move your fine. Now a "real" paid player wouldn't be able to do that indefinitely someone would lure something onto you and you'd die. But since these are young characters they have no worries at all.

I've watched this happen on many occasions. Sad thing is if there are 2 or 3 IDOC's at the same time the guy will set up the "bots" and go to another IDOC and then after he finishes there he'll come back and grab the stuff from his bots at the other IDOC's. You can watch this happen over and over and over on GL's. I'm sure this person does it on any number of shards but I've first hand seen it dozens of times on GL's where I used to try to "compete" with the Bots. Can't be done.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do... there is no one there.
Oh, you shove past a few on occasion while your walking around stealthily to avoid being dirtnapped by the homicidal types or being ripped off by the thieves. Being seen can be deadly or at least leave you poorer than you were a moment ago, so most of us stay hidden.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, you shove past a few on occasion while your walking around stealthily to avoid being dirtnapped by the homicidal types or being ripped off by the thieves. Being seen can be deadly or at least leave you poorer than you were a moment ago, so most of us stay hidden.
As do I but it makes for a boring solitary lonely existence that I just don't find very appealing.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is honestly the saddest thing I've read about a UO server ever.

How can anyone call this fun?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It adds a couple definite challenges, survival and protecting your treasures, something prodo shards lack as a rule, even in Fel these days. Life on Siege is more fun because of these qualities, much more fun. Whaffle around carelessly here and your shy unblessed goods or your life. <g>

I've yet to be killed here though I've gotten whomped on seriously. It keeps you alert and feeling very alive. :)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, you mean the same position you took? That you (selfishly) want aspects of the game changed that you don't like, but aspects of the game you like left alone? We're likely both being selfish, but I'm afraid you're the one being hypocritical in your criticism. If you have another high and mighty response about why aspects of the game you want to be changed or left alone are legitimate, but mine are not, please do share.
No, because I didn't take the position that an aspect of the game needed changing. I didn't say I wanted Mysticism or Magery changed. You're the only one that wanted to change something as well as keep something the same. I just wanted something many of my fellow players enjoy doing not to be ruined by changes and it was. You can't turn someone into a hypocrite just by making up a fake position for them to take in your own mind.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally gave in and started using the EC on a few occasions. Was beginning to be able to take it in small doses, but something in this last patch messed it up.
The icons in the hotbars continue to disappear, everytime I log in I have to reset them. It isnt hard, but it's annoying as hell to have to do it everytime.
So goodbye EC, till this gets fixed

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally gave in and started using the EC on a few occasions. Was beginning to be able to take it in small doses, but something in this last patch messed it up.
The icons in the hotbars continue to disappear, everytime I log in I have to reset them. It isnt hard, but it's annoying as hell to have to do it everytime.
Uriah, have you tried using Pinco's new UI. It's in Beta 7 and is quite stable now. I have not experienced missing icons in Pincos...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might have to try Pinco's then. Last time I did it was buggy, if it's worked out taht would be great!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love all of these script experts that got their knowledge by simply "reading" over at the script site...LOL yeah.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got the urge to play UO at work today, I try visiting UO.com , it's Drupaled, so I came here.

I read this god-awful stuff about Idocs and we can't dye this and that AND STILL NOTHING ABOUT REMOVING IDIOTIC NO PETS IN BLACKTHORNS CASTLE RULE, so I still can't get my 100 minax arties for a luck dress due to lurers luring in the dungon so guess I'm playing WoW tonight.

No money for you, Bs.

I guess the rest of the fixes are okay.
In Tram Blackthorn? Here's an idea: Go to Fel, you don't have the "No pets" restriction while walking in the castle there. Or, y'know, you can use a Corrupted Crystal Portal to bypass the castle(s) entirely and warp straight to the dungeon.

I visit Blackthorn's Castle on Atlantic several times a week and have not seen any evidence of luring in the past 3 months so not really sure what you are whining about?
Gaining the arties there is ridiculously easy. It is in fact too easy considering that they still sell for a nice price.
Do you push the 'easy mode' button before or after you load WoW on your comp btw?
I'm down in Blackthorn regularly on my sampire and I've been lured on ONCE in the past couple weeks, somebody brought a greater dragon over (and a drake one other time, but they aren't worth mentioning.) Getting them is still FAR too easy like Goldberg said.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you using plain EC or Pinco's? If Pinco's, post in this thread and he's pretty good about getting things fixed.
https://stratics.com/community/threads/pincos-ui-6-0-beta.326871/page-16

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Sadly many are to scared to walk visible, even in town, I don't know why. It seem like all thieves left us, except Rico and all our PK's decided to go blue.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly many are to scared to walk visible, even in town, I don't know why. It seem like all thieves left us, except Rico and all our PK's decided to go blue.
There were never any thieves to begin with ;)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly many are to scared to walk visible, even in town, I don't know why.
Saves us the potential hassle of having to find a healer and then replace armor and other gear.

I can imbue a new set of armor myself, unlike most, but even then I would need to go get the materials to do so or replace what I use from my stocks. Simpler to just do the slow stealth around town and avoid that hassle. <shrugs>

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
PK's do not kill their favorite Shop owner or if they do, it's only their way to day hello and give you a hugs.
You should try to get a steward, dress him with a spare suit, for if you get looted and a nag at his feet's, with the tools you use to carry.
This way, the suit is ready, if you ever will need it. Now lets see if you are right, and you soon will need it or it will sit there to until it breaks old age.:p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This way, the suit is ready, if you ever will need it. Now lets see if you are right, and you soon will need it or it will sit there to until it breaks old age.:p
Made a couple extra outfits and jewelry when I first came to Siege and their both knee deep in dust bunnies. :)

Shady Ghost

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Game
2015 Feb 11 16:24 GMT
We will be patching a new client and publishing Pub 89 to TC1 at approx. 1 pm today. Please check out all the bug fixes we have done and we look forward to your feedback. UO Team
Bug Fixes

• The drop rates for some of the Prism of Light keys has been increase

• Blessed items that were previously equipped will be re-equipped when a player double clicks on their corpse.

• Vanilla seeds can now be obtained from Juka Mages, Plague Beasts, and Kappa.

• The Bascinet and Kamishimo have been added to the list of Blackthorn Artifa

• Fixed an area where players could become stuck in the Trinsic area of Blackthorn’s Dungeon.

• Paralyzation can no longer be negated with stoneform boots.

• SA item properties correctly spawn on loot located in champ spawn areas.

• Pets/mobs no longer follow attackable players when stealth.

• Added silver bracelets, silver rings and crooks to the cleanup Britannia system.

• Re-forged ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.

• New loot system ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.
World Building

• Docks have been added to the city of Yew, west of the Yew Mill.

• Docks have been added to the City of Minoc, north of the Stables.
Client Bug Fixes

• Fixed Classic client crash when player attempts to view Bleed special move page.

• Improved Enhanced client container performance.

• Corrected alignment issues related to the Enhanced client version of the holiday box gumps.

• Enhanced Client characters can once again read the profile of other characters.

• Fixed issue where several quest books displayed as the Crystal Portal in the Enhanced client.

• Setting targeting options now work for newly created spell stones.

• Skill timers are no longer triggered by outside sources in the Enhanced Client.

• All clients now follow server restriction for maximum amount of updatable health bars allowed. Enhanced client mobiles on screen list limit settings have been removed. The enhanced client is limited to 10 draggable health bars excluding pets and party members. Mobiles on screen list is capped at a pool 25 and health bars that are dragged will be removed from this pool. Invulnerable mobs only display under the invulnerable list and don’t count towards the mobiles on screen cap.

• Known items with charges now display proper amount within containers.
House Decay Update

• Condemned Houses will fall after five days unless prevented by vendors. On the fifth day the house will fall between 5-20 hours after the house enters the “In Danger Of Collapsing” state.

Continue reading...

*Weeps tears of joy.*

laneeta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House Decay Update
  • Condemned Houses will fall after five days unless prevented by vendors. On the fifth day the house will fall between 5-20 hours after the house enters the “In Danger Of Collapsing” state.
LOLZ u doo-gooders are gonna have to sit there over 5 hours and upto 20 hours now!!!!!....well done......awesome stuff for your medling!!!......slap ya selves on the back for the great change u brought to Idocs....well done .....u know who u are...lolz....theres only one winner now and thats the afk scripters.....nice work guys/gals [not].......why why why
Afk scripters will not sit at an private house.. there is nothing to script if the house is private ..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afk scripters will not sit at an private house.. there is nothing to script if the house is private ..
All this does is make it harder for people who don't have a pickup script
Movetype FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested the Stone Shoes on Navrey and they no longer break you out of her web :( - once again whining pvpers screw up pvm.
Well ****. Navrey becomes almost unsoloable then. Which is pretty bad for low population shards.
She'd eat just about anyone alive in the time it takes for her web to wear off. Sampires become lunch for her, since they depend on attacking to leech back Health, and you can't attack while webbed. The only template i can think of that would stand a chance of surviving her web, is one with 120 Wep Skill/120 Parry/GM+ Healing/GM+ Anat/140+ DEX along with 150 Health and 70% DCI (good luck finding the Refinements). Even then, if you get a bad string of RNG you're gonna be lunch.

Wish they'd add Bone Helmets to the list of Blackthorn Artifacts.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Mesanna must had found out there was still a popular boss left in the game, so they better work on getting him back in row with that true MMO feeling you get at dreadhorn, blackthorns, grizzle and the like. But hey, that 5 PVPers that found it too hard to get a pair as well are happy now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well ****. Navrey becomes almost unsoloable then. Which is pretty bad for low population shards.
She'd eat just about anyone alive in the time it takes for her web to wear off. Sampires become lunch for her, since they depend on attacking to leech back Health, and you can't attack while webbed. The only template i can think of that would stand a chance of surviving her web, is one with 120 Wep Skill/120 Parry/GM+ Healing/GM+ Anat/140+ DEX along with 150 Health and 70% DCI (good luck finding the Refinements). Even then, if you get a bad string of RNG you're gonna be lunch.

I've solo'd her a few times with my archer/bushy/chiv template.... Yep sometimes I die... but there is the fountain nearby and if well.... I die more than once I either call a friend or I hop on one of my other accounts dual client and run down and rez myself.... or go ghosting back to the entrance to the rez spot at the gravestone. But I try not to die... I've never used the stone boots. Even though I have a few pairs. Never really considered them useful. She really isn't that horrible... The "trick"...... well never mind. I'm keeping that one to myself.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The big difference between para and when Navrey webs you is that when you take damage while para'd you get free, but Navreys web doesn't end when you take damage, so you die. The stone boots/shoes at least gave you a chance. Para in PVP isn't going to kill you unless you are ganked by more than 1 person when you get paralyzed. When I tested this with Navrey on TC1, every time I was webbed I died. Oh and my char has 110 Resist and it was absolutely no help at all with Navrey.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiny population and the people that are there stay hidden to avoid conflict.
Sounds like the opposite of Perilous to me.
Why in the world would anyone want to play in such a true carebear land?
Lack of insurance is no risk at all if you aren't engaging anyone and aren't even wearing anything of real value.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Being able to solo a boss intended to be fought by a group was/is never a good thing regardless of shard population.
If you unfortunately happen to play on a shard unable to sustain itself you should maybe rethink your play style instead of abusing unintended workarounds imo.
Or simply move if fighting a group based boss is what you like to do.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

its not that hard. just use pots / confidence / evasion when webbed. i never used stone shoes for it, honestly dont think many players even realized these worked. that was years ago in a MUCH lower quality suit than is available now with recent gear / loot increases. Remember, we got stone shoes with high seas, after Navery. Im not sure their effect on the webs was ever intended either.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its not that hard. just use pots / confidence / evasion when webbed. i never used stone shoes for it, honestly dont think many players even realized these worked. that was years ago in a MUCH lower quality suit than is available now with recent gear / loot increases. Remember, we got stone shoes with high seas, after Navery. Im not sure their effect on the webs was ever intended either.
As an archer I can't "evade" anything... I don't use Pots either. I just simply kept a level head ........ don't panic heal through it. Trick is to keep a good distance. And move around. Don't just stand there.... that's suicide. Sure sometimes you get caught a little too close. But many a time she just bounces up and down while your webbed and moves pretty slow. So often the effect is over before she jumps you. More often than not I was able to heal through her damage, with nothing but bandages. Getting all jumpy and panicky everytime she webs you is the downfall.

And I agree with many others.... there should be stuff in the game NOT meant to be Solo'd. I get irritated when I hear folk cry about not being able to solo crap... this game is an MMO it's meant to be played with others. Learn to do that.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't even realize you could use Confidence/Evasion during her web, since Stun effects usually keep you from doing anything. I usually "solo" her with a Chiv Thrower while my Bard/Mage sits back running Disco on Navrey. I'll just have to swap to my Bard/Mage and heal up my Thrower when he gets webbed then, and hope the heals don't aggro Navrey onto my Bard/Mage.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can solo her with my Bushido/Paladin, but I prefer to dual account with my bard to disco her and have the bard run provocation masteries. It goes much faster.
Then I just sit there, dual striking her till she is dead.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also noticed if you spam chiv spells like heal over and over .. if your casting while being webbed you don't get caught up.. don't work everytime but i guess its an option. ;) *cough*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i also noticed if you spam chiv spells like heal over and over .. if your casting while being webbed you don't get caught up.. don't work everytime but i guess its an option. ;) *cough*
Yeah, if she tries to web you while you're in the middle of a spellcast, the web fails because technically you're already "paralyzed" while casting the spell.
Navrey does make a noise a split second before she tries to web you, so you could try to cast Close Wounds as soon as you hear that noise. Spamming Close Wounds though, won't do much good, since you can't swing a wep while in the middle of a spellcast, and would end up butchering your damage output by trying to spam Close Wounds.
Mages on the other hand, can keep their distance and spam away on her with Flamestrike, the long cast time can protect you against most web attempts. I have a Bard/Mage friend with 100%+ SDI, and he hits her for 300+ damage Flamestrikes while she's Discoed, and on the rare occurence that she does land a Web on him, he just area peaces during it.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye :) i play at work 40-50 hours a week so sound is off... lol.... im changingy char around a bit cuz one handing nav without.the shoes will now need a slight tweek ... at least my ten vendors are already set with their tangles

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tiny population and the people that are there stay hidden to avoid conflict.
Sounds like the opposite of Perilous to me.
Why in the world would anyone want to play in such a true carebear land?
Lack of insurance is no risk at all if you aren't engaging anyone and aren't even wearing anything of real value.
Not everyone stealth's around. quite a few of us prefer to be visible and could care less about losing a suit, or anything else.