• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89 for TC1 Today

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 11 16:24 GMT
We will be patching a new client and publishing Pub 89 to TC1 at approx. 1 pm today. Please check out all the bug fixes we have done and we look forward to your feedback. UO Team
Bug Fixes

• The Demon Slayer property will be properly applied to the Scepter of Pride.

• Using Spirit Speak will no longer interrupt the Inspire bard song.

• Owner bound items will no longer bind when placed on mannequins, stewards, or vendors.

• Blessed quivers and wing armor can no longer be obtained on abyss ruleset shards. Existing blessed quivers and wing armor will lose their blessed status.

• The drop rates for some of the Prism of Light keys has been increased.

• Players can no longer recall out of Blackthorn’s Dungeon in Felucca.

• Runes marked in the “Cat’s Lair” in Britain will be properly named when created.

• Dupre’s Shield can now be dyed using a metal dye tub.

• Several TIDs erroneously containing the article “a” have been fixed.

• Obsidian statues will no longer require 11 obsidian fragments to create.

• Runes marked near the Yomotsu Mines will be properly labeled.

• Runes marked near the New Haven Mines will be properly labeled.

• Blessed items that were previously equipped will be re-equipped when a player double clicks on their corpse.

• City Trade deals now have an auto-renew option that can allow Governors to auto-renew a trade deal so long as funds are available.

• The size of the election gump has been increased to accommodate long names.

• The end date and time has been added to city stones for nomination and election periods.

• The number of mobs spawning in Moonglow Bay has been reduced.

• Vanilla seeds can now be obtained from Juka Mages, Plague Beasts, and Kappa.

• The Bascinet and Kamishimo have been added to the list of Blackthorn Artifacts.

• New Magincia Gardeners will sell Gardening Contracts that will allow a New Magincia Gardening plant to be maintenance free for 2 weeks. Plants will require care after the first server maintenance following the expiration date listed on the plant. Gardening contracts can be used on a plant once every other month.

• Impassable objects placed near the Chaos Shrine in Felucca will be placed in the nearby barrel. The barrel’s contents are deleted after five minutes or when the barrel becomes full.

• Academic bookcases can now be engraved using a wooden container engraving tool.

• Fixed an area where players could become stuck in the Trinsic area of Blackthorn’s Dungeon.

• The spelling of Britannia has been corrected on the “Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch” sign. This will occur after two maintenance cycles.

• Paralyzation can no longer be negated with stoneform boots.

• The inaccessible pumpkin patch in T2A near the City of the Dead has been removed from Halloween pumpkin spawn.

• Fixed issue where Grizelda the Hag was not awarding items with the correct magical properties.

• Vice vs Virtue pets can now be resurrected without having prerequisite veterinary or animal taming skills.

• Phoenix armor deeds must now be in the player’s backpack to redeem them.

• A shield can now be equipped with use of the Bracers of Alchemical Devastation.

• Vice vs Virtue match points for kills has been increased from 25 to 100 per kill, Vice vs Virtue occupation match points has been decreased from 50 to 20 per second of occupation.

• When reagents from the Blessed Statue are removed and dropped into a stack of similar reagents the statue will now update its art to the empty version.

• SA item properties correctly spawn on loot located in champ spawn areas.

• Pets/mobs no longer follow attackable players when stealth.

• Players may no longer charm changelings regardless of the mobs current form.

• Engraving tools must now be in a player’s backpack to be used for engraving.

• Engraving tools may not be used on items that are currently contained in a dungeon container or a town container.

• Added silver bracelets, silver rings and crooks to the cleanup Britannia system.

• Players may no longer use Tokuno dyes, Haochi dyes or natural dyes on the Virtuoso suit.

• Re-forged ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.

• New loot system ranged weapons will now have the proper Defense Chance Increase and Hit Chance Increase item property applied.
World Building

• Docks have been added to the city of Yew, west of the Yew Mill.

• Docks have been added to the City of Minoc, north of the Stables.
Client Bug Fixes

• Fixed Classic client crash when player attempts to view Bleed special move page.

• Improved Enhanced client container performance.

• Corrected alignment issues related to the Enhanced client version of the holiday box gumps.

• Enhanced Client characters can once again read the profile of other characters.

• Fixed issue where several quest books displayed as the Crystal Portal in the Enhanced client.

• Setting targeting options now work for newly created spell stones.

• Skill timers are no longer triggered by outside sources in the Enhanced Client.

• All clients now follow server restriction for maximum amount of updatable health bars allowed. Enhanced client mobiles on screen list limit settings have been removed. The enhanced client is limited to 10 draggable health bars excluding pets and party members. Mobiles on screen list is capped at a pool 25 and health bars that are dragged will be removed from this pool. Invulnerable mobs only display under the invulnerable list and don’t count towards the mobiles on screen cap.

• Known items with charges now display proper amount within containers.
House Decay Update

• Condemned Houses will fall after five days unless prevented by vendors. On the fifth day the house will fall between 5-20 hours after the house enters the “In Danger Of Collapsing” state.

Continue reading...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've just made my day! +10,000 to the shield and bracers working now..you've made a useless artifact useful again!

+Infinity to fixing the stone boots bug. Question though..will they still work for Navrey? If not, what use are they at all other then deco

Suggestion:
Can you make the blackthorn trader trade a major for a major? Say I picked the Epaulette but now want the hooded shroud? Can it be made so it's an even swap? Maybe like the item and 10k or something for a bribe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Mumbles* #&%£$@ Just as I drop 5 point archery to fit the 5 point on my quiver, they unbless the quiver, so now I can changes my skills again. #&%£$@

Xvim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
please nerf mysticism's Rising Colossus too after this publish :/ 120 focus 120 mysticism enough to kill ancient wyrms, balrons etc etc. Its not fair for other skills.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Players can no longer recall out of Blackthorn’s Dungeon in Felucca."

Why was this an issue? If it's keeping it uniform with the other dungeons, meh.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"SA item properties correctly spawn on loot located in champ spawn areas."

Anyone know what this means or rather HOW exactly the properties weren't working? As far as I know all the SA properties (Eaters, CF, Blood Drinker, Blood Lust, etc..) were already dropping from champ spawns?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well looking at the Idoc changes it would seem that the last change so that after a house reached In Danger of Collapsing to 0 - 11 hours wasn't of great enough benefit to the scripters. I doubt there are many casual players who want, or are even able, to obtain the time a house goes idoc and then return after 5 hours to wait for up to another FIFTEEN hours. They have sounded the death knell of idocs for ordinary players and made a gift of them to those who cheat. I wonder why?.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well looking at the Idoc changes it would seem that the last change so that after a house reached In Danger of Collapsing to 0 - 11 hours wasn't of great enough benefit to the scripters. I doubt there are many casual players who want, or are even able, to obtain the time a house goes idoc and then return after 5 hours to wait for up to another FIFTEEN hours. They have sounded the death knell of idocs for ordinary players and made a gift of them to those who cheat. I wonder why?.
Because the scripters have on average more active accounts :popcorn:

laneeta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A scripter writes a program and goes about his business and doesn't sit around at the idoc..with houses falling o to 11 hour after idoc status at least our waiting time was somewhat limited around but the new times .. 5 to 20 hours?? Well those times benefit only those who cheat...more active accounts scripters? yes it does take a lot of time to move the characters into position to cheat I guess..so if that makes them more active.....then...what can I say....

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO there would be just one viable solution for IDOCs: Instead of collapsing the house would go "Owned by BS". Then a BS employee/EM is doing an inventory-taking. Checks/Gold will be destroyed immediately, as well as any item, that can be bought from an NPC vendor. All remaining items are then auctioned off at a public action held by BS/EM during shard peak time (auction could be announced a few days ahead on uo.com and the launcher; high value items /rares could be already listed on the website). At the end the plot of land is auctioned as well. All gold earned through the auction is then destroyed.
Pros: Large amounts of gold could be removed from the system permanently (goldsink). Noone is going to miss an IDOC anymore. Everyone can get an item, as long as they got the gold. Scripters are completely out of the picture.
Cons: Poor/not so rich players cannot have a lucky grab anymore (but as far as I get it, in the current situation almost noone can compete with scripters anyway)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the items could just go poof. If they were viewed with such limited value by the former owner it's a fair guess to say they have limited value to other players also.

I'm thinking that by saying the "poof" often enough the Dev team will see this as the collective stratics player base wants the "poof" and it will happen to my delight.

POOF!

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the items could just go poof. If they were viewed with such limited value by the former owner it's a fair guess to say they have limited value to other players also.

I'm thinking that by saying the "poof" often enough the Dev team will see this as the collective stratics player base wants the "poof" and it will happen to my delight.

POOF!
The main thing going "poof" due to the IDOC changes is the number of active accounts of those who once enjoyed doing them but no longer can. Not to mention formerly running one of the only decent vendor houses on a lower pop server but now having to tell your customers "Sorry, they ruined IDOCs so I don't have what you are looking for anymore, the x-shard cheaters take all their loot to Atlantic I think, try there."

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

POOF!
Not really. At an IDOC on Atl a few weeks back (that was by Ice in Fel), I managed to snag a backpack full of 120's, about 46 in total. That was just what I found. Once I realized what was in there, I recalled out to put them in the bank, then came back.

I would venture to guess that a lot of the time, IDOCs have junk. Every once in a while, you'll hit the jackpot.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point, with overabundance of items vrs players, its probably better for the game if IDOCS just did go poof. there is no reason to keep those items in game.

As for rares, IRL things get lost to history. i see nothing wrong for the same to be the case in a videogame.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House Decay Update
  • Condemned Houses will fall after five days unless prevented by vendors. On the fifth day the house will fall between 5-20 hours after the house enters the “In Danger Of Collapsing” state.
LOLZ u doo-gooders are gonna have to sit there over 5 hours and upto 20 hours now!!!!!....well done......awesome stuff for your medling!!!......slap ya selves on the back for the great change u brought to Idocs....well done .....u know who u are...lolz....theres only one winner now and thats the afk scripters.....nice work guys/gals [not].......why why why

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't transfer a character to the Test Center. Will we be able to do so soon? Some of the things I'd like test are not available there and I need to bring them over with me.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wish Yew and Minoc docks had been part of a large event, or something, rather than just showing up outta the blue :p

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't transfer a character to the Test Center. Will we be able to do so soon? Some of the things I'd like test are not available there and I need to bring them over with me.
Try now.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if I'm stealthing, my pets will no longer follow me? And if so. why? Bug? This isn't a bug, pets have ALWAYS followed while stealthing

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for fixing the Phoenix Tickets, and for the Yew + Minoc docks, and for the auto renew trade deals :)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, ummm... That's rather disturbing.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like i said.....the people that intially requested changes wanted to medal with a system that work fine as it was.... have finally really relized / screwed things up....this will KILL idocs ..only cheaters script players will win....like i said all along they would......when the changes started...crazy!!!!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm waiting for a call from the corp security dep after that crap showed up......

The main thing going "poof" due to the IDOC changes is the number of active accounts of those who once enjoyed doing them but no longer can. Not to mention formerly running one of the only decent vendor houses on a lower pop server but now having to tell your customers "Sorry, they ruined IDOCs so I don't have what you are looking for anymore, the x-shard cheaters take all their loot to Atlantic I think, try there."
How does this have anything to do with running a vendor house? Idocing has nothing to do with stocking a vendor, if you needed loot to do such your house was bound to fail anyways. Statements like this hold nothing in regards to changing the timer and only, IMO, show leeching in is purest form. I play a low pop server, when I play, and if I wanted to stock my luna house with stuff I could do it with anything I felt like. Make mules, nuff said.

Not really. At an IDOC on Atl a few weeks back (that was by Ice in Fel), I managed to snag a backpack full of 120's, about 46 in total. That was just what I found. Once I realized what was in there, I recalled out to put them in the bank, then came back.
46 120's have limited value unless they are all magery or similar scrolls, I'm sure that 90% of all the formerly active PvP types have 100's of 120's sitting around collecting dust.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no-one in there right mind is gonna sit at a house fall .......Lets say ur waiting for it to change too idoc state for starters...say random 4- 5 hours waiting around recalling back and forth ... then when it turns... they can log out for 5 hours... then return and get ready... possibly wait for another 15 hours for to fall.... WTF....

only cheaters running 24/7 afk loot and placement scripts will win here... its like handing the cheaters a chicken that lays golden eggs....LOLZ

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make the stuff disappear! Or have it all recycle into 1 hit MOBs in the IDOC dungeon..you never know! You could get absolutely anything! Would make for some interesting farming tactics..

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I'm stealthing, my pets will no longer follow me? And if so. why? Bug? This isn't a bug, pets have ALWAYS followed while stealthing
I read it as, when you are stealthing, things that can attack you won't follow you around or move to your location while you are in stealth mode/hidden.
In other words, if you are at the Painted Caves and hit the stealth button, 7 Troglodytes won't immediately walk over to where you are and just stand there beside you waiting for you to pop out of stealth mode.

Your own pets will probably still follow you around. Although, it would be more fun if your own pets *forgot* where you were when you went stealth and just wandered around aimlessly until their master showed back up. :D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
MEDDLING....not MEDALLING......sorry that's been bothering me REAL BAD! lol ok now that I have that out of my system.....

LOVE to see the long list of bug fixes!

I DO agree, however, that 20 hours is a really bad idea. NOONE is going to sit at their computer for 20 hours waiting for an idoc....5-8 hours would be better. I also agree that this change does help only the scripters....I'm sure the team knows how to use Google and all you have to do is type in IDOC Scripts and you'll see what we are talking about.

Please re-consider this change.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont understand why you need a dock? you can place a boat along most shores...............

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wish Yew and Minoc docks had been part of a large event, or something, rather than just showing up outta the blue :p
Perhaps that's the idea... but it is not implemented yet... I don't know about on your shard but on GL's I can say for sure 100% that we did request them from the King. I know I mentioned docks for Yew as well as a bridge to the Yew Far Farm dozens of times. I'd settle for a teleport or ferry system like Skara to get from the one termination of road to the other across the bay. Farmers have asked for this on a number of occasions. Hard to patrol out that far when the road doesn't even go there... traveling all the way around the bay takes far too much precious time from our security patrols leaving the farms out there... unprotected.

But to have our Dock finally so we can bring in grain more easily from Britain to the Mill is wonderful! We will have to have a party to celebrate!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I DO agree, however, that 20 hours is a really bad idea. NOONE is going to sit at their computer for 20 hours waiting for an idoc....5-8 hours would be better. I also agree that this change does help only the scripters....I'm sure the team knows how to use Google and all you have to do is type in IDOC Scripts and you'll see what we are talking about.
maybe thats the point? i mean, even sitting at an idoc for 3 hours isnt a very healthy habit. by icreasing it to 20 hours, perhaps this "activity" (used in the loosest sense) is trying to be phased out. Yes the scripters will get everything, but i think its a good incentive for regular players to give up idocing and start enjoying actual game content.

This could also be a change to allow for GMs enough time (yes, 20 hours) to follow up on the reports of scripting at idocs (im sure there are many many pages of this nature)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i dont understand why you need a dock? you can place a boat along most shores...............
The Shipwrights office in Yew has been without a proper dock for many years. We've complained about the need to get grain from Britain to the Mill quicker. It's a city thing. The dock is long overdue and to those of us in Yew who love our city ..... we couldn't be happier about it.