• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89 for TC1 Today

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Vice vs Virtue pets can now be resurrected without having prerequisite veterinary or animal taming skills.
I copied my character with the previous faction mounts to test. They (as likely designed) cannot be bandaged rezzed. The new VvV ones as indicated can. I never had a need to buy a VvV mount as my old faction mounts had the same functionality. Thank you for differentiating the old and new mounts and giving me a reason to get the new mount.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, a quick request to whoever writes these notes... Please include details for items like this so we all know who is affected and in which circumstances. One sentence per change just isn't enough, tell us exactly what is changed please :)

Have you just made it so a tamer's pets won't follow them while they're stealthing?

Or

Did you stop pets from following a player they were attacking even if that player was hidden and stealthing? And the same for mobs who sometimes follow you around when you stealth.

Or all of the above?

I can see why you'd fix the mobs following stealthers, those were nasty. But at least tell us why you're changing pets and what changes you've made to them.

Wenchy
I understand it. It looks like a pvp change I assume was on the backburner of bug fixes because I see it hardly being as relevant now as it was 4-5 years ago.

Say a tamer wanted to attack someone they would have their pet follow them. The stealthier would then hide and try to stealth away but the pet continued following giving up the stealthers location.

I used to do this with demons a lot if someone would test and see if this was included in the "pet" nerf and post test results I'd appreciate it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I absolutely loved the comment that mages don't need any boost, they were well off now because they had a deeper spellbook!

Because night sight, incognito, summon creature, create food, Polymorph, arch protection, blade spirits (which takes so long to cast it's useless-fight is over by the time it casts; totally ridiculous), and a bunch of summons who are evidently dispelled by everything but mongbats :p are all so overpowered...

Mages got left behind, and when the next great thing come along, then mystics will be left behind too and be griping just llike the mages are.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I absolutely loved the comment that mages don't need any boost, they were well off now because they had a deeper spellbook!

Because night sight, incognito, summon creature, create food, Polymorph, arch protection, blade spirits (which takes so long to cast it's useless-fight is over by the time it casts; totally ridiculous), and a bunch of summons who are evidently dispelled by everything but mongbats :p are all so overpowered...

Mages got left behind, and when the next great thing come along, then mystics will be left behind too and be griping just llike the mages are.
Typical "boost my template!" post. One of the problems in this game is that every time one template/character type is boosted, others fall behind and then are the ones crying 'what about us?!??'. Mages are still very effective characters in this game. I also note that none of my mages are 'stand alone' - i.e., one is a mystic mage weaver, another is a tamer mage, another is a bard mage, used to have a PVP wrestle mage... etc. In my opinion, it's not meant to be a solely stand alone skill and, nor should be. There is enough skill point availability in every player's cap to craft a template to cross utilize other areas.

And are you going to deny that the mage's spellbook isn't deeper than any other skill's spell book? Every particular skill's spell book has several spells which aren't very useful, such as the ones you pointed out, but magery is no different from the rest. It also all depends on play style.

Mages are doing just fine.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand it. It looks like a pvp change I assume was on the backburner of bug fixes because I see it hardly being as relevant now as it was 4-5 years ago.

Say a tamer wanted to attack someone they would have their pet follow them. The stealthier would then hide and try to stealth away but the pet continued following giving up the stealthers location.

I used to do this with demons a lot if someone would test and see if this was included in the "pet" nerf and post test results I'd appreciate it.
I just want to see exactly what's being changed because that is a really old behaviour and I suspect few tamers even know about the follow thing to use it. Though if you set a pet to follow someone who knows how to fight, they just lure your pet away to kill it.

I would hope the devs wouldn't just nerf stealth tamers, but if they dug out the old pet follow thing and thought it needed fixing, who knows.

Wenchy

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They stated before, mages are going to get specializations. So a Summoner will have alot better summons, Probaly be a Healer and who knows what else.
Weapon classes was talked about aswell. One step at a time sort of thing.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Mumbles* #&%£$@ Just as I drop 5 point archery to fit the 5 point on my quiver, they unbless the quiver, so now I can changes my skills again. #&%£$@
Sorry for the trouble, but you know those should have never been blessed on Siege. YAY!!! Now to make it so we thieves can disarm a quiver when it's worn and give us a chance to steal it :)...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry for the trouble, but you know those should have never been blessed on Siege. YAY!!! Now to make it so we thieves can disarm a quiver when it's worn and give us a chance to steal it :)...la
Yeah, I'm not complaining. I knew, If I dropped this 5 points, they would unbless it, they are easy gained again, so no big deal

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Correct. Silver colored Rings and Bracelets have always been buggy even the Jeweler never wanted them. Jewelers still won't buy them from you... they only take GOLD ones. They won't even give you a gold coin for a silver bracelet or ring. And the same is true of throwing stuff away.

Could you add the picnic basket from the year we got those stuffed bears to the clean up points? Currently only the bear is worth turn in points the basket they came in are not.

Also since you are changing things on the static maps ...... @Mesanna, @Kyronix and company could you consider please making the Ankh in the Yew Abbey somewhere I can Tithe??? Having to run to Luna all the time is a royal pain. I would VERY much appreciate being able to Tithe at the Abbey where I bank.
Oh! That makes sense. I got all excited thinking a new jewel set was added, doh!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would agree if all spellbooks other than non-modded ones were also not blessed.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about adding in a patch so we can turn off blackrock while mining? Just cleaned out his backpack and this is ridiculous. Give us a way to shut this brainfart blackrock system off.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would agree if all spellbooks other than non-modded ones were also not blessed.
I don't think many Siegers would have issue with eliminating blessed items like that. To me, the only things that should be blessed are basic magic books, rune books and newbie clothing (hate seeing people run around nekked) soulstones and ethys...everything else...unblessed.

Oh yeah, but everything can be Siege blessed...one blessed item isn't too bad for us looters and thieves...la

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about adding in a patch so we can turn off blackrock while mining? Just cleaned out his backpack and this is ridiculous. Give us a way to shut this brainfart blackrock system off.
What gets me is it's almost impossible to see in CC (no EC rants plz). I'm ok with mining it since it is cleanup points but I've got to clean my pack out to get it all out.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What gets me is it's almost impossible to see in CC (no EC rants plz). I'm ok with mining it since it is cleanup points but I've got to clean my pack out to get it all out.
I use UOA's organizer agent, for which setup required that I target each of the four types. People shouldn't have to use an external utility, though. Enlarging the graphic, or at least making them stackable, would go a long way.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use UOA's organizer agent, for which setup required that I target each of the four types. People shouldn't have to use an external utility, though. Enlarging the graphic, or at least making them stackable, would go a long way.
I saw they mentioned working on backpack art so I'm hoping i'll have the possibility of dying the inside of my pack white to combat this annoyance.

But you're right too. A larger stackable rock would be amazing. Possibly the size of granite for us visually challenged.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Boo to the stone boots change, at least in that it affects PvM. Give us some way to break or reduce the effects of Navrey's web and other unbreakable paralyzes (Stygian Dragon/Slasher).

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw they mentioned working on backpack art so I'm hoping i'll have the possibility of dying the inside of my pack white to combat this annoyance.

But you're right too. A larger stackable rock would be amazing. Possibly the size of granite for us visually challenged.
If they revamp the backpack art, they should incude a ''inside pocket'' so we can store all runebooks and spellbooks in there. This way, in classic client at least, I would have alot m0re free space to see my other items and organization overall would be better. I mean ive got over 15 diff slayers , scrappers , necro books, spellweaving etc, this is too much for the small backpack we have.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The backpack mess is my No. 1 complaint with CC. I just don't see how you stand it anymore. I've never seen any other game where the inventory is such mess. I suppose they were trying to depict what a real backpack might look like - but a real backpack would have pockets and organizers, as suggested above. I have to ask, would CC players want an option for a backpack with a grid like EC - or is that just too jolting to imagine? If this is too far off topic, it can be moved to another thread, but we were talking about backpack art in the new publish.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The backpack mess is my No. 1 complaint with CC. I just don't see how you stand it anymore. I've never seen any other game where the inventory is such mess. I suppose they were trying to depict what a real backpack might look like - but a real backpack would have pockets and organizers, as suggested above. I have to ask, would CC players want an option for a backpack with a grid like EC - or is that just too jolting to imagine? If this is too far off topic, it can be moved to another thread, but we were talking about backpack art in the new publish.
i think CC is more able to be organized than EC. theres no division, no areas in EC grid. it takes up way to much space. In CC with a well organized pack (on average i have about 40 items on a pvm character) i can see everything in my pack in neat little groups without having to scroll thru and look for something everytime i need it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's it, then - I'm just not motivated enough to keep organizing it every time I add new stuff :) So it sounds like a no vote from you on adding a grid option to CC.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's it, then - I'm just not motivated enough to keep organizing it every time I add new stuff :) So it sounds like a no vote from you on adding a grid option to CC.
an option would be great, i just wouldnt use it. When i played EC i used legacy containers, but it just got so buggy that i gave up on it. not to mention looked very grainy.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I play in CC, but would LOVE to have a grid chest option along with a backpack. I play in CC, but I would sure use that when T-Hunting. It would make searching the chest MUCH easier. Oh well, I guess I am stuck, for now!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be glad books are blessed and light. My swordsman would love to carry a few uber hally and one each slayer also. Comes a point when lazy can not be fixed.

OK the container fix makes it worse. Now having to repossition them everytime they are opened takes up more time. Was less a pain in the ass to dig a window from under an earlier one then what we have now.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to ask, would CC players want an option for a backpack with a grid like EC - or is that just too jolting to imagine?
I'd use it if it showed items the size they are now, the EC pack grid has things so small it's hard to tell what some things are at my age. Eyesight isn't what it used to be.

They're adding some of the good features the EC offers as options for the CC would be nice. Emphasis on the *good*, let's not ruin a very decent user interface people. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's one of the reasons I like the CC..while it doesn't fit with a real world backpack, I like the fact that I can set it up any way I want and not have to scroll through a grid to find what I need. Every other game I have played has grids/slots and I like the fact that the CC does not...one of the many reasons UO is unlike any other MMO and I love it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion, those skill classes didn't need to be changed and IDOC's did. What's difficult to understand about that? If you have a different opinion on either of those topics, then share it - don't make it personal.
I just thought it was hypocritical and selfish of you to expect your own play to be left alone while in the same post supporting unnecessary changes that ruins UO for a whole lot of others, that's all.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I havent read the entire thread, but since Yew and Minoc have docks now, will they also get Fish Mongers ?

Jitta the Blacksmith

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for installing the dock to Minoc.:thumbsup:

Small door is remaining in the stables of Minoc.
Officer and shipwright is not placed?

Jitta - Governor of Minoc(Asuka,Mugen aud Yamato)

Attachments

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got the urge to play UO at work today, I try visiting UO.com , it's Drupaled, so I came here.

I read this god-awful stuff about Idocs and we can't dye this and that AND STILL NOTHING ABOUT REMOVING IDIOTIC NO PETS IN BLACKTHORNS CASTLE RULE, so I still can't get my 100 minax arties for a luck dress due to lurers luring in the dungon so guess I'm playing WoW tonight.

No money for you, Bs.

I guess the rest of the fixes are okay.
I visit Blackthorn's Castle on Atlantic several times a week and have not seen any evidence of luring in the past 3 months so not really sure what you are whining about?
Gaining the arties there is ridiculously easy. It is in fact too easy considering that they still sell for a nice price.
Do you push the 'easy mode' button before or after you load WoW on your comp btw?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the idoc change :)
Keep it random. People are going to obsess over cheating no matter what you do so just do it right and be done with it.
There is no way in the world there should be a timer on idocs so greedy people can just swoop in and scoop up some poor former players entire UO existence to sell for $ most of the time.
All the while trying to claim that it is a 'profession'
*shakes head*

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In CC with a well organized pack (on average i have about 40 items on a pvm character) i can see everything in my pack in neat little groups without having to scroll thru and look for something everytime i need it.
For consumables EC users should better try the hotbars. Way more accessible than hovering over backpack items or clicking them. Hotbars have targeting options and hotkeys along each item, no matter if it is comsumable, a spell or one of the stats of yours. I mostly do not even have my backpack open on long fights or chats.

Also found it way overrated to organize your bag when you carry 3 full suits (damaga, regen and luck suits) and change them with dress macros all the time :D

There is more then this "grid" thing to it ;)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the idoc change :)
Keep it random. People are going to obsess over cheating no matter what you do so just do it right and be done with it.
There is no way in the world there should be a timer on idocs so greedy people can just swoop in and scoop up some poor former players entire UO existence to sell for $ most of the time.
All the while trying to claim that it is a 'profession'
*shakes head*
It is difficult to work out the reason why alleged non-cheating players would support a change which so obviously is only of benefit to the bottom feeding trash which infest this game. By your own reasoning idocers are greedy people and so your argument is leave it all to the scripters who, I must assume, you think are NOT greedy and therefore worthy of all the goods therein. One wonders about the true reason for such support and words like cap and fitting come to mind

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have UOAssist you can make the organizer agent throw it in a bag with a keystroke. Just remember, when you show the items to the organizer for the ones you want, there are 4 different kinds of the small blackrock. I have my organizer set to throw into a bag, large gems, granite rocks, blackrock. Makes life so much easier mining.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've put in a report, icons in the default hotbar 1 (the one that can't be destroyed) are becoming invisible. They're still there and visibility can be restored by moving them to a player created hotbar and back again.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think many Siegers would have issue with eliminating blessed items like that. To me, the only things that should be blessed are basic magic books, rune books and newbie clothing (hate seeing people run around nekked) soulstones and ethys...everything else...unblessed.

Oh yeah, but everything can be Siege blessed...one blessed item isn't too bad for us looters and thieves...la
Just fyi, Bo tried and will keep trying, those blessed spell books with mods give people an advantage on Siege.
https://stratics.com/community/threads/siege-and-the-blessed-items.329273/

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just thought it was hypocritical and selfish of you to expect your own play to be left alone while in the same post supporting unnecessary changes that ruins UO for a whole lot of others, that's all.
Oh, you mean the same position you took? That you (selfishly) want aspects of the game changed that you don't like, but aspects of the game you like left alone? We're likely both being selfish, but I'm afraid you're the one being hypocritical in your criticism. If you have another high and mighty response about why aspects of the game you want to be changed or left alone are legitimate, but mine are not, please do share.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For consumables EC users should better try the hotbars. Way more accessible than hovering over backpack items or clicking them.
What hot bar button/command is it from the action menu that allows you to choose a consumable item that you can then use just by hitting a hot bar key?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've put in a report, icons in the default hotbar 1 (the one that can't be destroyed) are becoming invisible. They're still there and visibility can be restored by moving them to a player created hotbar and back again.
I''ve had the same thing happen to created ones too...all the runbooks, wieght, gold counter, skill icons just poof. But if you drag the blank out and drop it back they re-appear.. Like you said, still there, just can't be seen

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is difficult to work out the reason why alleged non-cheating players would support a change which so obviously is only of benefit to the bottom feeding trash which infest this game. By your own reasoning idocers are greedy people and so your argument is leave it all to the scripters who, I must assume, you think are NOT greedy and therefore worthy of all the goods therein. One wonders about the true reason for such support and words like cap and fitting come to mind
Both parties are greedy, give your head a shake if you can't see that in the postings that the "professional" idoc players spew here.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What hot bar button/command is it from the action menu that allows you to choose a consumable item that you can then use just by hitting a hot bar key?
All you need to do is drag the item to a hotbar slot then right click on it. From the right click menu you can assign a hotkey and then also set a target.

As you can see from the picture F1 chugs a heal, F2 for cure etc.

Below that 1,2,3,4,5,6 keys are to change between different weapons.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
noooos i neeeds it to make excodus daggers

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing he only means an optional toggle for those people who don't wanna get it. Not turn it off completely.
where would i get blackrock tho if i couldnt find piles of it on the ground?

i actually do use this stuff enough that i do even look for it for sale, and often cant find any on vendors. i dont think people realize that its actually a valuable resource.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing he only means an optional toggle for those people who don't wanna get it. Not turn it off completely.
That's what I want, just an on/off switch.

We can choose not to get granite or not get gems, add the silly ass blackrock to that list of choices.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where would i get blackrock tho if i couldnt find piles of it on the ground?

i actually do use this stuff enough that i do even look for it for sale, and often cant find any on vendors. i dont think people realize that its actually a valuable resource.
It's quick and easy clean up points so people tend to toss it at the bank. If they put it on a vendor it's snagged pretty quickly for Soup or Daggers.

If it doesn't get a change in size/colro then I think it should act similar to Salt Peter and spawn on the ground and not in your backpack.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested the Stone Shoes on Navrey and they no longer break you out of her web :( - once again whining pvpers screw up pvm.
This kinda sucks. I use the boots when fighting Navrey every time. Also technically Navrey shoots a web which gets a player stuck, its not "Paralyzation" so surely they could of just made the boots not work to get out of para (spell) and para fields and let players use them to escape the webbing?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both parties are greedy, give your head a shake if you can't see that in the postings that the "professional" idoc players spew here.
Regardless of whether you regard idocers and/or scripters as greedy I can see no justification to endorse a change which favours the cheats. In the post I referred to the writer implied that the situation regarding idocs is better because the (in his view) greedy players will find it difficult, if not near impossible, to continue their chosen 'profession' , now that scripters alone are ideally situated to benefit from the change. By inference that means he thinks scripters are not greedy or has some other reason to argue that this is for the better, however else can you argue that the position for idocs is ideal now?. I have yet to see a single valid argument that supports this view and to say that idocers are greedy (ignoring the fact that most contents will now go to scripters) don't cut it.