• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 To All Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys want to not be in danger stay in Trammel. You cried for it years ago because of this reason, you got it! So go freaking use it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen to that.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serps Hold, New Magencia, Vesper, Papau, and Delucia all come to mind
The point he's making is he wants to use Britain to bribe his BODs and not go elsewhere, so using one of the other cities is not an option, and he shouldn't have to change "his" specific gameplay..last I looked Britain, Jhelom, Skara Brae, Moonglow, Vesper, Trinsic, Yew..amongst many other cities in Trammel are completely safe and chaos free. Let's not forget Luna, and Umbra. So many options. Not what he's looking for. He wants to change the whole system to cater to "him" and his Fel crafter..it make an abundance of sense...if your him

But with all that being said I feel wayyyy too safe when I'm roaming through trammel cities. I wish to start a poll or thread stating just that to start getting feedback..I wonder how it's going to go :flame:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I apologize for the snarkiness of my reply but the offer is genuine. If you are on Origin and need someone to protect you during the sieges and we have a player available, we'll assign them to you so you can be safe while you conduct your business...

I understand it doesn't fix your issues with the VvV system, its simply an offer which addresses your current problem of being open to attack and potentially killed while in a VvV town.
Even if I did play on Origin, it's rather a poor offer since anyone might as well just avoid the town. It isn't worth it, don't you see?

Now, see what happens when you make an actual reply?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree, Zog is losing this fight :)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's also remember that teensy issue of the 8 hour flag. I'm still waiting for someone to convince me that when a fight can barely last 20 mins, I should still be flagged for more than 7 hours later when everyone is probably logged off hehe. Simply for being in a city too long!
Before Trammel, PKs had a common excuse that "You agreed to be a target just by being there." It didn't wash then, nor does it wash now. In fact, now it's worse. Turn orange and you'd better hide outside Fel, because even going to a non-VvV town makes you open.

There were better ways of dealing with blue interference. I've laid out some ideas that wouldn't have impacted the "PvP experience" while not deterring non-participants from using eight cities, which I'll again point out were always safe zones for over 17 years.

And I just remembered something when about to go hunt butchers at cemeteries: I can't go to Fel Jhelom's anymore.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems that Zog is the only one who has a major issue with this system so, sadly, the majority rules and Mr. Zog you are out of luck. I only wish I could troll this today but sadly I'll be to busy to log in from the office, so sad.
In fact, I'm clearly not, if you bothered to read this or the other thread.

Do you need me to give you links to the replies just above yours?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you guys want to not be in danger stay in Trammel. You cried for it years ago because of this reason, you got it! So go freaking use it....
That's a nonsensical answer. Felucca cities even after the facet split were always safe zones.

So spare us, will you?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Serps Hold, New Magencia, Vesper, Papau, and Delucia all come to mind
All of which I already use, even with the pain of getting to Delucia in T2A (go to Papua, stuck option, stuck option back).

So I'll take your response as conceding that, in fact, there is an impact on BOD bribing. Need I point out again that you're naming five, but there are eight cities effectively off limits which were not before, two of which had the greatest number of NPCs?

Maybe if you understood, you know, how bribing works?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aren't there already too many "safe zones" on production shards?...la
Nonsensical answer. So what would you like, turn off all guard zones across Felucca? Wait, don't answer that, because you just might suggest that.

You have all the rest of Felucca to attack/steal in.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking about yourself? I'm hardly alone, which anyone with reading comprehension skills would see.
We've seen things similarly before Zog. I'm sorry to see you on this crusade and so willing to bash others in pursuit of your own agenda. Let's talk thongs!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The point he's making is he wants to use Britain to bribe his BODs and not go elsewhere,
Maybe if you actually read my posts, instead of forming opinions about game mechanics you clearly don't understand, you wouldn't have posted something so utterly wrong.

so using one of the other cities is not an option, and he shouldn't have to change "his" specific gameplay..last I looked Britain, Jhelom, Skara Brae, Moonglow, Vesper, Trinsic, Yew..amongst many other cities in Trammel are completely safe and chaos free. Let's not forget Luna, and Umbra. So many options. Not what he's looking for. He wants to change the whole system to cater to "him" and his Fel crafter..it make an abundance of sense...if your him
That isn't the point. Do you even understand how bribing works? I'll answer my own question and point that, clearly, you don't.

I don't want to "change" anything. Things were changed against me and others.

But with all that being said I feel wayyyy too safe when I'm roaming through trammel cities. I wish to start a poll or thread stating just that to start getting feedback..I wonder how it's going to go :flame:
If you feel too safe on the Upper East Side, hey, go take a walk around East New York at 3 a.m. with money sticking out of your pocket.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course, a non-reply reply.

We've seen things similarly before Zog.
No, we have not.

I'm sorry to see you on this crusade and so willing to bash others
Bash? I'm not the one making snarky/trolling replies, thinly veiled insults, non sequitur responses, or non-reply replies that say nothing.

You yourself want to insist I'm "alone," when clearly I'm not.

in pursuit of your own agenda.
There's no "agenda." Things were changed for the worse, and I don't want my crafters deterred from using cities that were perfectly safe for 17 years.

Let's talk thongs!
And I don't want to know about your underwear, thanks.

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
[
All of which I already use, even with the pain of getting to Delucia in T2A (go to Papua, stuck option, stuck option back).

So I'll take your response as conceding that, in fact, there is an impact on BOD bribing. Need I point out again that you're naming five, but there are eight cities effectively off limits which were not before, two of which had the greatest number of NPCs?

Maybe if you understood, you know, how bribing works?
Wait... you stuck option between del and pap? Sorry kind of off topic here but why wouldn't you just run into del bribe then run out recall to pap tele in moonglow and go in through there? seems like a huge waste of your daily stuck options!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are you so gung-ho for open warfare that you don't realize what this is doing to your own shard?
With the fix we got, I believe it will be all fine on Siege :) We still have some safe towns, even when less than normal shards do have

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nonsensical answer. So what would you like, turn off all guard zones across Felucca?
That's a pretty big jump. All I've stated is that the recent guard zone changes aren't as bad as your claims. It's 20-25 minutes in one town at a time. For you to exagerate my position is laughable...la

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to dissect your posts, no one has time for that.

But your next to last statement seems to contradict itself, and you are here railing, yes railing, at a change that while not perfect, has obviously been a big boon to the very number of people who live in your world, if your world is fel only.

So, either you prefer to be all alone in that world, or I would think you would be happy to make a change or two in order to accommodate your new guests.

Your call.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait... you stuck option between del and pap? Sorry kind of off topic here but why wouldn't you just run into del bribe then run out recall to pap tele in moonglow and go in through there? seems like a huge waste of your daily stuck options!
Because there's a possibility, slight but not zero, of running into reds at the cave passage to Delucia. I'm not going to have my crafters drop everything valuable and/or gear up for a bribe run. That's just ridiculous, but the stuck option obviates getting attacked. Running into attackers outside Felucca towns — now that was understood. Running into them because a Felucca city, which had been safe for over 17 years, is now a battle zone for the long term, is absurd.

And there's been no limit to stuck options for a while now, you know. Successive requests just take longer.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because there's a possibility, slight but not zero, of running into reds at the cave passage to Delucia. I'm not going to have my crafters drop everything valuable and/or gear up for a bribe run. That's just ridiculous
You live in Fel, have obviously played a long time, and I just have no idea what to say to that statement.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the fix we got, I believe it will be all fine on Siege :) We still have some safe towns, even when less than normal shards do have
The moongate teleporting helps somewhat, but why should you be content with "some" safe towns when they should have all remained safe?

I keep saying time and time again, and nobody seems to want to address this, that there was no reason to kick non-participant blues out of VvV towns.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a pretty big jump. All I've stated is that the recent guard zone changes aren't as bad as your claims. It's 20-25 minutes in one town at a time. For you to exagerate my position is laughable...la
There's no exaggeration. You yourself stated:

Aren't there already too many "safe zones" on production shards?...la
And I asked you a very point-blank question, which did not assume or exaggerate anything about your position, but directly asked what you want to happen.

The rotating cities are still too much. Who's going to bother gearing up a character, then having to get out of a town once it's a battle zone?

Again...assume much?...la
There's no assumption at all. When you're back for a meaningful length of time, then perhaps you can talk...la.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not going to dissect your posts, no one has time for that.
In other words, I've made points you can't refute. But thanks for playing, next contestant?

But your next to last statement seems to contradict itself, and you are here railing, yes railing, at a change that while not perfect, has obviously been a big boon to the very number of people who live in your world, if your world is fel only.

So, either you prefer to be all alone in that world, or I would think you would be happy to make a change or two in order to accommodate your new guests.

Your call.
What are you talking about, that I wrote this?

There's no "agenda." Things were changed for the worse, and I don't want my crafters deterred from using cities that were perfectly safe for 17 years.
There's nothing contradictory about that, and it is hardly a "guest" who can pop into a Felucca city and suddenly attack me. You should pick words more carefully next time. How many times must I lay out the simple changes that would have kept everyone happy? Do you even bother to read that, or are you just going to continue to troll me?

And there you go again, claiming I'm "alone" when anyone with a minimal understanding of the English language can see I'm not. Do you need links as I offered?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You live in Fel, have obviously played a long time, and I just have no idea what to say to that statement.
You can say nothing, you can recant your nonsense of claiming I'm "alone," and/or you can say something about the Pareto efficient changes I've outlined. Would you like more suggestions?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can say nothing, you can recant your nonsense of claiming I'm "alone," and/or you can say something about the Pareto efficient changes I've outlined. Would you like more suggestions?
Perhaps, because continuing along any of those lines would seem to lend credence to the fact that I think you have a point. Which, I don't.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you feel too safe on the Upper East Side, hey, go take a walk around East New York at 3 a.m. with money sticking out of your pocket.
Good and if you feel threatened in big ole bad Fel..go play in candy land. There's zero wrong with the improvements they are making. It has been changed to warn and even teleport you to the nearest moongate. If you still feel the need to craft specifically in that town with all you uninsured armor and barbed kits, then so be it. Otherwise stop whining over such a minuscule detail. I'm sure if I spent long enough I can find exact same contradictions you've made about topics close to this(not this specifically), because it's also in "YOUR" best interest! The game isn't about you or the other 4-5 Crafters who are the last of the Mohicans whom actually craft in a fel city and expect to be protected at ALL costs.

Adapt or Die!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we stop trying to tell other players where they should live and play based on our silly notions of what is or isn't acceptable in Fel. Most of you seem more interested in scoring some super-funny snarky comebacks, insulting players who use non-VvV chars in Fel (oh the humanity!) and making yourselves and PvPers look as selfish and intolerant as you can. Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot. You think new players will see VvV telling players to leave or be flagged, then experience the lovely attitude in the PvP community that won't welcome outsiders, and still want to play with you? Good luck with that. I think you need a new PR team :)

Wenchy

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just LOL @ all the Drama on the fel/mule subject! My husband and I have 5 accts with several mule chars across multiple shards. We are in fel quite often with these exact chars and see ZERO issue with this.

I'm with cazador on this: Adapt or Die!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to pop in and say that I think there are a lot of people who feel as Zog does about how the VvV system is affecting Fel towns and Siege. I'm one of them. I tried to help a few weeks ago by listing in a now-locked thread all the things that seemed like they would be affected, especially on Siege. But at this point I doubt that a lot of people are inclined to step up and argue on the forums about the whole issue because we go nowhere with the arguments, threads end up being locked, and people just raise their blood pressure and get aggravated with each other. There's also a lot of other stuff to do in UO right now, between new short-lived content and the RtB promotion, so this issue is perhaps not getting the attention from players that it might otherwise get.

Kyronix and other people on the dev team spent a lot of time developing this system. It's unlikely it will be changed overnight to please anyone unless it's necessary to stop a harmful exploit. I think the dev team is going to just sit back and observe for a while how the system is doing with attracting PvPers and also what is happening in Fel and on Siege and Mugen with other activities that don't directly tie into VvV. Hopefully they are also contemplating all the feedback people have tried to give and will be able to craft some solutions that will mollify most players who are interested in playing in Fel and on Siege and Mugen, no matter what it is they actually do in those places.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we stop trying to tell other players where they should live and play based on our silly notions of what is or isn't acceptable in Fel. Most of you seem more interested in scoring some super-funny snarky comebacks, insulting players who use non-VvV chars in Fel (oh the humanity!) and making yourselves and PvPers look as selfish and intolerant as you can. Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot. You think new players will see VvV telling players to leave or be flagged, then experience the lovely attitude in the PvP community that won't welcome outsiders, and still want to play with you? Good luck with that. I think you need a new PR team :)

Wenchy
I pick up and turn in bods in Ocllo, daily, still. Its a molehill.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you're back for a meaningful length of time, then perhaps you can talk...la.
I don't care if I never played the game, just because your feelings seem to have been hurt by having to either leave a town for 20 minutes doesn't mean the rules need to be changed for you...la

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to just state that I myself live in fel on chessy (not sure what servers you guys are from so that may change the dynamic) and I also turn bods in at fel brit. I haven't done any bods since the patch but when I would craft in fel brit I think out of all the times ive been there ive only seen one other person crafting there. The rest of the times ive run into people is murderers burning off counts as a ghost, the random pvpers getting a circle, and maybe the random person hanging at brit bank.

So atleast on chessy people like me are in the minority, and majority rules in this case so I need to make way for the changes. They don't really affect me I just turn in bods in tram, malas, or tokuno now. Not a big deal, I just felt cool living in fel lol.

Btw I still go to fel dungeons mostly if im killing stuff for equipment. That hasn't changed ( go go balrons in hythloth lol)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Give it up Zog
Why, just because you say so? Pfft. I could have maintained respect for you if you had actually tried to make some points to counter mine. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you about too many wolves killing off all the deer?

Did you ever realize why I, and many others, never bothered to do anything serious on Siege? Ponder that, then you'll see it's the same principle at play with VvV towns.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps, because continuing along any of those lines would seem to lend credence to the fact that I think you have a point. Which, I don't.
How unsurprising, a non-reply reply, all but admitting you can't refute what I've laid out. So just who is not being constructive, hmm? You keep gainsaying but saying NOTHING. Troll much?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just wanted to pop in and say that I think there are a lot of people who feel as Zog does about how the VvV system is affecting Fel towns and Siege. I'm one of them. I tried to help a few weeks ago by listing in a now-locked thread all the things that seemed like they would be affected, especially on Siege. But at this point I doubt that a lot of people are inclined to step up and argue on the forums about the whole issue because we go nowhere with the arguments, threads end up being locked, and people just raise their blood pressure and get aggravated with each other. There's also a lot of other stuff to do in UO right now, between new short-lived content and the RtB promotion, so this issue is perhaps not getting the attention from players that it might otherwise get.
The perm orange flagging was bad, but with the 8 hours time, it is not so bad, even when I do believe 8 hours are to much just for being in a town to long, they should have stayed with the 2 hours. The escape button do a big diff as the players now have time to get out. Also having a VvV in the guild do help, as you then will get the warnings in guild chat when a town become battle zone

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know the irony? I've probably done more VvV than all of them put together, and I'm not talking about leaving characters AFK in a quiet corner when mere occupying could gain silver. But I'm not pounding my chest to tell people "Stay out if you don't like it!"

Felucca never meant PvP everywhere. Outside towns, sure, there was the understanding that one could be attacked, but cities still remained safe (beyond two short-lived exceptions I've noted). Now blues have been driven from eight major cities, with a lot of bribe-taking NPCs I won't bother risking going to. Even on quiet Sonoma, I've seen others (or know someone was recently there) when running around bribing. I have to doubt whether VvV has brought more people to Felucca on net, because it's the same champ spawn crowd anyway, which would mean the population is less from bribing blues having given up on the cities.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't care if I never played the game, just because your feelings seem to have been hurt by having to either leave a town for 20 minutes doesn't mean the rules need to be changed for you...la
In today's parlance, I might ask, "Do you even VvV, bro?" It's not merely a matter of having to leave for 20 minutes. I've made that quite clear.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The perm orange flagging was bad, but with the 8 hours time, it is not so bad, even when I do believe 8 hours are to much just for being in a town to long, they should have stayed with the 2 hours. The escape button do a big diff as the players now have time to get out. Also having a VvV in the guild do help, as you then will get the warnings in guild chat when a town become battle zone
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Freja.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So atleast on chessy people like me are in the minority, and majority rules in this case so I need to make way for the changes. They don't really affect me I just turn in bods in tram, malas, or tokuno now. Not a big deal, I just felt cool living in fel lol.
The "majority" all throughout history has supported things like slavery, Final Solution, and so on. Just because fifty percent plus one supports something does not make it right. What if half plus one of UO's population decided to redistribute the top gold holders' wealth, or make power scrolls drop at Trammel spawns?

And in this case, it's that a majority don't even care because they aren't enough into BOD bribing to check Felucca NPCs, but I am, and the changes impact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.