• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 To All Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, it is. I'm sorry you're game time is ruined because you want your safety zone to remain safe but VvV takes priority over your wants and desires...la
That's a circular answer. What if anyone declared that something "takes priority" over what you want? What were you saying when Trammel opened up, and you lost many victims? That was despite "your wants and desires"...la.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone roleplays, so your perspective should not apply to everyone.
That was a quote from a post I just looked up, have far too little time do any actual detective work, but this states the evident..

Not everyone fills BODS or brings a "crafter type" "non pvp" "non VvV" to fel cities during, before, or after sieges, wars or whatever they are called..so your perspective only applies to
"You" and "your playstyle"..get over it. I'd try to explain the law of common sense to you, but it seems as it would be far too complicated for you to understand when it conflicts with your own beliefs or thoughts on how a video game should cater to you specifically..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a circular answer. What if anyone declared that something "takes priority" over what you want? What were you saying when Trammel opened up, and you lost many victims? That was despite "your wants and desires"...la.
Well, I wasn't playing at that time...I started in 2000...I know, I'm a newbie and have no rights to argue with you but...

I was here when insurance was installed...as a thief who basically had his profession ruined...I adapted and moved to Siege permanently...la

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How unsurprising, a non-reply reply, all but admitting you can't refute what I've laid out. So just who is not being constructive, hmm? You keep gainsaying but saying NOTHING. Troll much?
Sound and fury, my friend. Sound and fury.

Here's what I get. You don't want your playstyle excluded from consideration. The original plan had these battles happening at shrines, and that would have been a lot more conducive to your UO life. But the rationale you lay out for not implementing this change is irrational because the change has already happened.

You won't or don't want to change your gear, template, playstyle, habits because you feel you should not have to, and that others won't want to either. I, on the other hand, say "Hey look, there are a bunch of open plots around moongates and towns in fel that are just right for a little vendor shop." And there is global in-game search now and all that jazz. So if you see more people are playing in fel, and a lot of folks that were playing mostly or only in tram seem to be working up the stealing skill and looking for neat things to do with those characters, you go right ahead and don't ensure the hammer you just paid tens of thousands in bribes to earn. Costs like ten gold, and if I was you, I would be making a macro to open the item insure menu, but I am not you. My whole point is, you could make better choices about how to productively use your time.

To defend your position against my dismissal of its validity, and my lack of desire to roll out all the reasons that I do not think your position has any hope of winning the day, justified or not, you bait. I have a game to play, I don't like the one you are playing, and choose not to participate. There might be something in that, that has application to the topic at hand, you can find useful.

Something else, it will be really hard to find folks that care about fel towns, if no one is there. Tree falling in a forest, you know.

There, a fairly full and reasoned reply. I wish you luck in all your other endeavors.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go look in the mirror if you want to see an example of a troll.

I'll ask you again, as I've asked you in the past on other topics, do you have anything constructive to add?
Zog Troll EAT ! *bRAaiNs* *BBrAins!* *must* *quote* *more* *posts*

i think that was more constructive than your bajillion quote walls no one cares about LOL.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In today's parlance, I might ask, "Do you even VvV, bro?" It's not merely a matter of having to leave for 20 minutes. I've made that quite clear.
What's it a matter of then? When a battle starts it lets you know and have ample time to leave or take teleportation to the nearest moongate..what's the problem? You feel like a smoker forced outside his comfort zone and be off school property? I don't get the legitimacy of your arguments..

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because the revolver cylinder didn't hit a loaded chamber doesn't mean it won't happen to someone else.
Good grief Zog. I can do it. If I can do it it can be done. You can, therefore, do it too. Its a decision to be made. These minutes will never be available to either of us ever again.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was a quote from a post I just looked up, have far too little time do any actual detective work, but this states the evident..
And what is in the least contradictory about what I posted?

Of course not everyone roleplays, PvPs and so on. Yet I have pointed out time and time again that the Felucca cities could have been kept open for everyone.

Not everyone fills BODS or brings a "crafter type" "non pvp" "non VvV" to fel cities during, before, or after sieges, wars or whatever they are called..so your perspective only applies to
"You" and "your playstyle"..get over it.
And again, I have made several suggestions on how Felucca cities did not need to drive out crafters looking to bribe BODs, but you just keep ignoring that in your effort to keep trolling.

I'd try to explain the law of common sense to you, but it seems as it would be far too complicated for you to understand when it conflicts with your own beliefs or thoughts on how a video game should cater to you specifically..
In your attempt to insult me, you show you don't understand what you're trying to bring up. "Common sense" would dictate that you don't bring in people only to drive others out.

I have repeatedly pointed out how Felucca could still be usable by everyone, but it's you who keeps insisting on your own playstyle for it.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I wasn't playing at that time...I started in 2000...I know, I'm a newbie and have no rights to argue with you but...

I was here when insurance was installed...as a thief who basically had his profession ruined...I adapted and moved to Siege permanently...la
Actually, you started when the "profession" was already nerfed, which wasn't a bad thing.

The majority got its will. Thieves complained, naturally. But the difference is that such a "playstyle" took away from others. I'm talking about how Felucca didn't have to take away from anyone. Why can't you address a single solution I've put forth?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't you address a single solution I've put forth?
Because you start off with the premise that having to leave a city for 20 minutes is sacrilege, but then again why are you even responding to me? You seem to think that my keyboard should be locked until I have enough time in-game to meet your standards...la

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sound and fury, my friend. Sound and fury.

Here's what I get. You don't want your playstyle excluded from consideration. The original plan had these battles happening at shrines, and that would have been a lot more conducive to your UO life. But the rationale you lay out for not implementing this change is irrational because the change has already happened.
You're the one being irrational, because you think these things are immutable, when they themselves were changes from the status quo.

What if the Devs of the time took your position and said, "Well, we've got Order/Chaos, nothing we can do about it now"? Or "But we set areas outside town as places where players can be attacked, that design's set in stone"?

You won't or don't want to change your gear, template, playstyle, habits because you feel you should not have to, and that others won't want to either. I, on the other hand, say "Hey look, there are a bunch of open plots around moongates and towns in fel that are just right for a little vendor shop." And there is global in-game search now and all that jazz. So if you see more people are playing in fel, and a lot of folks that were playing mostly or only in tram seem to be working up the stealing skill and looking for neat things to do with those characters, you go right ahead and don't ensure the hammer you just paid tens of thousands in bribes to earn. Costs like ten gold, and if I was you, I would be making a macro to open the item insure menu, but I am not you. My whole point is, you could make better choices about how to productively use your time.
There is actually a better use of my time, and that's to stop wasting it arguing with the short-sighted who don't want UO to be inclusive of all styles. But I'm machine-gunning several replies after each other, giving all of you an hour, then returning to see what more blather you've come up with.

These Felucca cities were safe zones for all 17 years, save two short periods, and why should that suddenly change just because a relative few like it? I don't see "more people are playing in fel," because it's still the same crowd I'd have been fighting otherwise at champ spawns or Felucca moongates.

To defend your position against my dismissal of its validity, and my lack of desire to roll out all the reasons that I do not think your position has any hope of winning the day, justified or not, you bait. I have a game to play, I don't like the one you are playing, and choose not to participate. There might be something in that, that has application to the topic at hand, you can find useful.
You're saying an awful lot of words, attempting to sound eloquent, but still failing to address my points.

You have a game to play? That's fine. But why should your change suddenly have to take away from others'? Don't you understand that it's the same principle by which one of eight Felucca dungeons would be opened up, on a rotating basis, to open player attacks? A teleport gump would not be sufficient when someone can still choose to take a count. I don't know why that still escapes you.

Something else, it will be really hard to find folks that care about fel towns, if no one is there. Tree falling in a forest, you know.

There, a fairly full and reasoned reply. I wish you luck in all your other endeavors.
Actually, you made no such thing. You didn't even quote a thing I said, unsurprisingly.

Why are you so against making the eight Felucca cities open to everyone like they were before? Why can't you address specific changes I've recommended?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's it a matter of then? When a battle starts it lets you know and have ample time to leave or take teleportation to the nearest moongate..what's the problem? You feel like a smoker forced outside his comfort zone and be off school property? I don't get the legitimacy of your arguments..
As I just replied to Viquire, the gump is still insufficient when someone may be willing/able to take a count. My crafters should not have to be easy targets doing non-PvP activities in what, for over 17 years, were safe zones.

I have suggested that the gump come up 30 seconds before the guard zone is deactivated. Why do you keep ignoring my constructive suggestions and instead have to keep trolling?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good grief Zog. I can do it. If I can do it it can be done. You can, therefore, do it too. Its a decision to be made. These minutes will never be available to either of us ever again.
As I said, you just haven't hit a loaded chamber yet. BOD bribing with the avoidance of other players is simply absurd.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Common sense" would dictate that you don't bring in people only to drive others out.
"Common sense, isn't. History shows time and again that this is exactly what happens. But the old doesn't die off completely. It just gets reinvented, and/or re-purposed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Time to stop feeding the troll or put him on ignore :p

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because you start off with the premise that having to leave a city for 20 minutes is sacrilege, but then again why are you even responding to me? You seem to think that my keyboard should be locked until I have enough time in-game to meet your standards...la
I'm responding to you because, once again, you make nothing but a non-reply reply.

Why can't you address a single solution I've put forth?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Common sense, isn't. History shows time and again that this is exactly what happens. But the old doesn't die off completely. It just gets reinvented, and/or re-purposed.
You're doing nothing but posting rhetorical nonsense. When are you going to address the specific solutions I have put forth?

Why do these eight Felucca cities have to be relegated to nearly PvP-only status? What I've proposed is "common sense," or whatever you'd like to call it, because it doesn't mean driving anybody out lest he get caught up in a fight.

I don't get it. You could do it naked with an empty pack. Those runebooks hold recalls you know.
This is the same excuse as "Don't carry what you don't want to lose" that was often spewed prior to Trammel. And I'm not about to risk a crafter getting dirtnapped so a VvV can gloat over killing a mule.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Time to stop feeding the troll or put him on ignore :p
You mean Smoot? No, I actually don't put people on ignore so I can keep calling them out.

Now, if you can't deal with the constructive suggestions I've put forth, I can't help you.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, way to go with trolling. I'd have been banned immediately for such tripe, but you seem to be in enough "favor" to be permitted.
i think my funny picture is called for. you have god-moded this conversation and ruined this thread. Lets remember why we play, to have fun, not to argue. Your opinions have been more than explained, call it a day and agree that people will disagree with you. there is no reason to nit-pick everyones thread to the point where just thinking about responding to / disagreeing with you is so stressful and frightening that its avoided like the plague.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Smoot do not spam the threads as much as you do. People get tired of all that spam, just keep it simple, no need to post the same several times :p

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard do you play on Zog?

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The "majority" all throughout history has supported things like slavery, Final Solution, and so on. Just because fifty percent plus one supports something does not make it right. What if half plus one of UO's population decided to redistribute the top gold holders' wealth, or make power scrolls drop at Trammel spawns?

And in this case, it's that a majority don't even care because they aren't enough into BOD bribing to check Felucca NPCs, but I am, and the changes impact me.
I whole heartedly agree with you, but... this is a video game and this only removes what, 5 towns from your list of bribable cities? This isn't a fight for civil rights or to prevent a genocide its a discussion about pixels on your monitor man.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks.

We are done with this topic. There has been plenty of time for each to voice their opinions, in fact dozens of times in this thread for a few.

They will either change the current situation or they wont. Either way, we will deal with it. Voices were heard. This whole thing has become detrimental to the community and a sight of negativity.

The drama is over, for I will start handing out infractions in addition to what I already have handed out to anyone who continues slinging mud.

I have tried and tried to leave this thread open. It's a thread explaining the publish and could have served much more benefit than the singular topic of VvV.

I am sorry to say that this thread is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.