• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you serious?

You have issues with dexxers using stam pots? Dexxers need stam pots to keep up swing speed. I tell you what, lets keep your stam pot nerf but also tie it in with casting. Mages stam gets low he casts slower. It certainly isnt out of line as casting is as much physical as it is mental.
Would you still want stam pots nerfed as a mage? Dont think so.

If you are massively nerfing ssi you damn well should be looking at balancing it by adjusting fc/fcr also.

Btw, mages machine-gun chugging cures to completely negate a dp warriors template is much, much more out of line then stam pots. Whats your point?

I respect your opinions on dexers a lot, but i just dont get the massive hate for the stam pot nerf. granted, it sucks, all leather armor with stam pots being nerfed really fricken sucks. however, i'm looking forward to wearing full plate and only needing to use a stam pot (or eat some food, hey! that regains stam) when running through spawn. This will allow dexers to carry more other pots, and not have to jam TRs like crazy.

i just think, in addition to that, instead of that mana phase ********, non med armor should gain an additional 2 or 3% lmc ontop of ur caps to help negate the loss of med.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done some testing on the PvM side, my findings are only preliminary but I am going to try and keep the post on the Test Center forum up to date. As I am sure not a lot of people are looking there yet I figured I'd copy here:

I copied a sampire to TC1, his config:

Swords: 120
Tact: 120
Bushido: 120
Chiv: 101
Necor: 99
Resist: 100
Parry: 60

Elf, 4 pieces of woodland armor, one piece of metal armor (ringmail), whatever glasses qualify as probably medable leather equivalent.

Standard suit: 10 ssi on suite, 100 di, 40 lmc, 181 stamina, 150 str/hp, 60's mana, 45 hci, 45 dci.

I tested against a balron mostly. The stamina loss from taking damage was absolutely devastating. I don't quite understand what was meant by diminishing returns on stamina leech from having high stamina. I was definitely leeching stamina but I could not possibly keep up with the intense loss. I was using an AI weapon (longsword) at max swing. I was able to kill a few balrons but it was very difficult. Swinging so slow from the stamina drain made it very difficult to leech life.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look I will say this only once...

You asked for a way to bring back balance to ALL ARMOR & WEAPONS gm and other. Well They did a preliminary rough go at it and made a test for us to try... STOP THE BITCHIN and DO IT. (sorry for the way I put it but you do need to listen)
This game has been one of the most faught over systems for this area of items ever. You have the chance to make a difference and truly help mold it... I am quite sure Bleak and the dev will take what you say into account as you give your honest opinion of the NEW stats and changes under consideration. ITS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE. Wait for it to load in and do as I said gather your friends and guildmates and go in wiht open mind test it all... give it the hell test... try your worst with it...
As for you stuck in the mud players who are yipping about any changes to your precious stuff.... get over it.... join in the rest of us and do it to it.
Huh?

Who asked for a balance to ALL armor and weapons? Are you kidding me?

Please point me to any posts asking for anything like this. All I have ever seen is the same 3 or 4 people occasionally rant about not be able to wear plate in pvp. Some nutty dude was waxing nostalgic about close helms awhile back and this is what we get?

Spare me the "open mind" nonsense. This is a long worked upon major outline full of radical and one-sided changes.
The dev's didnt come up with all this and do all this work to change it much even after testing. Did you skip your UO history class for cheerleading practice?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that bothers me about it tho....

If you want medability.. you go leather, if you want stam... you go plate.... wood is still viable with its extra properties plus stam.

So bone and studded are useless, as they are not medable and low end on the stam thing.

lol
Yeah that is a good point I didn;t think of that. I mean why bother sacrificing medable armor if your not going to get the full stamina reduction protection instead? Now I know boned and studded have a higher chance of proccing that mana phase effect but I donlt really think that will make it any better. Hoping that the RNG is kind to you this fight *but not to your opponent of course!* isn;t my idea of pvp fun lol.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done some testing on the PvM side, my findings are only preliminary but I am going to try and keep the post on the Test Center forum up to date. As I am sure not a lot of people are looking there yet I figured I'd copy here:
That doesn't seem to make sense according to their notes, you should barely be losing stam with the armor you are wearing.... definitely needs further extensive testing.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most mages would cast teleport, inferior mages stand and die.
Most dexxers who can handle more than 3 button template tend to have teleport scrolls also.
Is that too complicated?
Have you ever even been to felucca or a spawn bud?

Dexxers carrying 50 teleport scrolls just to navigate one spawn?

Mages teleporting around a spawn non-stop to avoid dying to 1st level?

All this because someone got the ridiculous idea to nerf ssi and then went out and did it without thinking anything through?

Bravo!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Brutal, so there goes my and every other older PvM suit. I understood that there might be a chance that I'd have to adjust but if this is correct then whats the point?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That doesn't seem to make sense according to their notes, you should barely be losing stam with the armor you are wearing.... definitely needs further extensive testing.
I would very much recommend everyone x-fer and test their suites/templates.

I don't think the mage armor on my chainmail leggins would affect stamina. The 4 woodland pieces are not mage armor. Every hit the loss is VERY substantial.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I respect your opinions on dexers a lot, but i just dont get the massive hate for the stam pot nerf. granted, it sucks, all leather armor with stam pots being nerfed really fricken sucks. however, i'm looking forward to wearing full plate and only needing to use a stam pot (or eat some food, hey! that regains stam) when running through spawn. This will allow dexers to carry more other pots, and not have to jam TRs like crazy.

i just think, in addition to that, instead of that mana phase ********, non med armor should gain an additional 2 or 3% lmc ontop of ur caps to help negate the loss of med.
I understand what you are saying but most of what I argue for is the pvp balance between mage & warrior.

Anything close to the proposed stam nerfs will completely ruin that balance. Besides the Soul Glaive hitting a bit too hard there is currently a nice pvp balance.

Ssi is the ONLY thing that makes any pvp warrior template work. It is the offense and defense of the warrior.
Ssi to the warrior is the exact same as fc/fcr to the mage.
These nerfs completely mess up ssi without touching fc/fcr. Its absolutely insane.

If these nerfs also make it near impossible for mages to do spawns that also sucks but I really dont care about that tbh.
To me balance means 1 vs 1 and the stam nerfs are one-sided in that regards :(

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hrm, remember about a year ago they added some new artifact weapons into the game, except they forgot to change any of the properties up from the list of doom artifacts that they copy and pasted...... LMAO anyone who has a lick of faith in the dev team is besides them self. Quit being fan boys, the ones of you who are acting in support of these changes /facepalm. If they packaged you a brick and sent it in the mail and said then is your new game, you would still say something to the effect of, "Hold on we need to test this!"

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would very much recommend everyone x-fer and test their suites/templates.

I don't think the mage armor on my chainmail leggins would affect stamina. The 4 woodland pieces are not mage armor. Every hit the loss is VERY substantial.
Actually I think mage armor will negate the stamina reduction so you wonlt get same protection normal metal armor would give you. That being said something seems off about your results like something is bugged because it doesn;t seem like you should be getting that much stamina loss. Though I think they did say only 5 pieces would count so I wonder which of the 5 pieces? I am guessing by your results probably not the metal piece lol.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got on test, outfitted myself in full plate, and went and fought a wandering healer. I seemed to take full stamina loss from damage as usual.. either it doesn't work or it sucks...

I take back all previous props i gave....

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think something could be bugged probably would be a good idea to test a suit of full metal and see how that does.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand what you are saying but most of what I argue for is the pvp balance between mage & warrior.

Anything close to the proposed stam nerfs will completely ruin that balance. Besides the Soul Glaive hitting a bit too hard there is currently a nice pvp balance.

Ssi is the ONLY thing that makes any pvp warrior template work. It is the offense and defense of the warrior.
Ssi to the warrior is the exact same as fc/fcr to the mage.
These nerfs completely mess up ssi without touching fc/fcr. Its absolutely insane.

If these nerfs also make it near impossible for mages to do spawns that also sucks but I really dont care about that tbh.
To me balance means 1 vs 1 and the stam nerfs are one-sided in that regards :(
Yea i totally agree with you about stam pots now. i went to test and fought a wandering healer, and after a few offensive spells i had like 20 stam, while wearing full plate.... must not work.. i dunno...

If they want to make unused weaps more viable they just need to lower some of the base speeds. maybe make full plate work like you wouldn't lose any stam, and give some buffs to the other armor as well. but yea.. leave the stam pot nerf out, at least for now =/

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got on test, outfitted myself in full plate, and went and fought a wandering healer. I seemed to take full stamina loss from damage as usual.. either it doesn't work or it sucks...

Aww crap I am guessing they screwed something up and I bet you the stamina thing didn;t actually make it into the patch lol. I am going to go see for myself though. Oh either that or we totally misunderstood the dev and what he actually meant was plate armor would give you a stamina reduction of 20% for the whole suit....Though I doubt that that would be incrediably dumb. Though looking at some of these other changes..

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you knew anything about UO, you would know theres ALOT of places you cant teleport. Certain areas just say "You cannot teleport there" and also faction bases. You also cannot cast teleport when being spammed with weaken either. Tell me more please.
In your initial dream situation you asked about teleporting through a spawn, most people know theres hundreds of spots to teleport granted you could get an unlucky one but so what?
If your so worried about interrupt then play in protection, thats just another excuse to make a point, which was none.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this was extremely unscientific testing that I did and very, very brief. But I thought I'd post it anyway. The character I copied over is in a Sorcerer's Suit. I figured that would provide a pretty good representation of the type of suit that a lot of people like me who can't afford really elite gear might put their characters into, with it being all plain leather with nice resists, LRC, LMC, MR2, DCI 10%, and +12 intelligence. It has no stamina regeneration properties on it at all. The jewelry the character is wearing only has some int and strength, taming and magery bonuses on it. Nothing fancy.

Well, took the tamer and her trusty old GD to Homare Jima since I had a rune there and got a tsuki wolf and a ronin to start smacking my tamer while the GD looked on in puzzlement and then I started running with the tamer character. Even though my character was taking physical damage, her stamina loss was extremely minimal as we ran streaking across the grass, taking more hits periodically and healing up occasionally to keep from turning into a ghost.

Don't know if this will be of any comfort to anyone or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there. So far, nothing I've done yet has caused major stamina loss for the two HUMAN mage tamers I've been running around with in Trammel and a little bit in Felucca, other than running through other mobiles in Felucca. However, I have NOT done anything with hitting mobs or other characters with weapons yet. I've popped into Haven and Luna a few times and not too many people seem to have logged on to Test Center just yet.

Edited to add: More testing is needed with elf and gargoyle characters....

Thank you for doing that. :)

Loosing Stamina is not as bad as some people might think. Its mostly hard for those who go in close combat with leather armor.
For who has time, make a melee character and go to painted caves. Take him in a a full 70 resist leather armor and fight the Troglodytes.Several at ones Then afterwards do the same in a crafted full plate armor and you will notice the huge difference it makes. :)

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Posting 2 minutes after the notes appeared screaming all over the place with no real constructive feedback is nonsense. You can twist and turn it the way you want it but reacting like a 5 year old like some of them to around here is no use.

Changes are always hard for everyone to accept. You can have 2 ways to react on it. Cry like babies like some of you do around here or give it a try and give real feedback to the Dev's. A reaction based on only reading noted is often a wrong one!

You really need to try these changes, maybe you might be surprised how nice some of these changes are. We been trough many changes over the years and this is no difference. We can and will adapt.

Maybe finally a warrior in full plate crafted armor can stand longer then 1 second toe to toe with a monster like it should be!

Have you yourself tested the changes ? Do you pvm or pve, end game ? And not just gm gear in a field with RP buddies, or just killing orcs.
These changes will break a lot of things in game for a lot of people. Personally I don't have time to keep up with all this stuff, so ether way if the changes go in ill probably drop down to 1 account for storage purposes. I personally have no reason to want to pve or pvp in game with these rules. It might not effect a group of 10 or 15 players that occasionally get together and zerg a peerless, but the rest of us that don't live in that bubble have to actually deal with these and adapt.

Basically don't say its not broken just because it does not effect your niche.

Last edited:

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Im fairly certain i remember about 10 posts particularly from you about do something with plate armour.
So they did something, what wait, you dont like it? You really expected them to make this some uber all kill all suit?
They cant even make Osiris armour worth using and your worried about some new plate?

You should be happy they did anything, the fact you complain i would ignore all your posts here on out.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing to keep in mind with Archery Vs Throwing is that while throwing does allow more mods it is subject to "sweet-spot" which can change hit chance and damage drastically. Archery's hit chance and damage on the other hand remain constant. I look forward to more discussion and testing on this subject.
Archery... also requires arrows...

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Macing is as bad off as ever.
Fencing is dead in PVE.
Archery is dead period.

Swords came away without being wrecked and throwing got a well-deserved nerf, but that's about the only good news.
Swords may have not been entirely wrecked, but 'jacks got taken to the cleaners. This change will essentially *more* than wipe out the gains I just got from eating a +25 stat scroll and putting it all in dex.

It's going to take more than a little 'tweaking' to make this publish into good news....

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some insight into stamina protection:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The stamina loss protection provided is ranked as follows where 1 provides the best protection:

Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides 20% protection.
Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides 16.5% protection.
Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides 10%% protection.
Cloth, leather, and jewelry armor provides 6.5% protection.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides 6.5% protection.

Note: This does not mean 100% protection from stamina loss when taking damage when wearing five pieces of platemail.

What would be the benefit of wearing bone armor over platemail? Or is there none, meaning everyone will use only metal and leather now?

Last edited:

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This patch is the dumbest, most useless, and unnecessary piece of trash this game will ever see.

Bleak, stop trying to fix something that's not broken - its like brain surgery with an nuclear bomb.

Cetric stop encouraging them. There is no reason for any of this.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im fairly certain i remember about 10 posts particularly from you about do something with plate armour.
So they did something, what wait, you dont like it? You really expected them to make this some uber all kill all suit?
They cant even make Osiris armour worth using and your worried about some new plate?

You should be happy they did anything, the fact you complain i would ignore all your posts here on out.
what are you even talking about? i went and tested what they changed and it doesn't seem to be working? go troll somewhere else.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This patch is the dumbest, most useless, and unnecessary piece of trash this game will ever see.

Bleak, stop trying to fix something that's not broken - its like brain surgery with an nuclear bomb.

Cetric stop encouraging them. There is no reason for any of this.
After seeing bleaks comment that varrius quoted and testing this myself, i totally agree that it is garbage.

About the only thing im thrilled with is ninja forms getting interruptable and leafblades potentially having bleed/ai.

If anything, that pot change with the fact that metal armor does not actually negate stam loss, it actually has the opposite effect on unused weapons.

you'd want to use faster weapons you could overcap the ssi on, just to maintain speed, making even more weapons useless....

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you yourself tested the changes ? Do you pvm or pve, end game ? And not just gm gear in a field with RP buddies, or just killing orcs.
These changes will break a lot of things in game for a lot of people. Personally I don't have time to keep up with all this stuff, so ether way if the changes go in ill probably drop down to 1 account for storage purposes. I personally have no reason to want to pve or pvp in game with these rules. It might not effect a group of 10 or 15 players that occasionally get together and zerg a peerless, but the rest of us that don't live in that bubble have to actually deal with these and adapt.

Basically don't say its not broken just because it does not effect your niche.

Yes i tested this stuff. :p

PVE ? Hu ? in UO ?
End Game? What game are you playing, this game never ends anything.

These changes will break a lot less for most people then you think.
For everything i been testing there is nothing and i mean nothing i can't do that i not was doing before.
I have many different characters and templates and i do many different things. So i can test a lot of different situations.

And i really don't fight with orcs, i love them and kiss them and read poems to them , thats the best way to scare them really. :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Was that crafted armor? And are you using the alternate client to test?

Last edited:

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
they nerfed throwing, I understand pvpers wanted it, but I think bringing the other weapons in line with throwing would of been a better change. Ether way I could live with it, because I had a leafblade sampire on standby, just need to make a suit for her. But yeah Now leafblade has been changed up I don't want my Fencing sampire. Also, how stam regen looks, it totally screwed up any sort of high end pvm template, I am really kind of cut out of what kept me attracted to this game. PvP I enjoy it, I use to be active, but I gave up on it a few years back when my shard basically fell over population wise. Now there are 2 active factions and they might get 1 good fight a night /yawn. I don't want to cross shard, and I don't want to spend the money to relocate. So be it pvm was the last thing keeping me here, now it's cut out for me.

Just wanted to add i live off stam pots in pvm a lot, total refresh over any sort of stam leach just imo... works for me /shrug. So yeah that's why i am erked they are messing with those mechanics so much.

Last edited:

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes i tested this stuff. :p

PVE ? Hu ? in UO ?
End Game? What game are you playing, this game never ends anything.

These changes will break a lot less for most people then you think.
For everything i been testing there is nothing and i mean nothing i can't do that i not was doing before.
I have many different characters and templates and i do many different things. So i can test a lot of different situations.

And i really don't fight with orcs, i love them and kiss them and read poems to them , thats the best way to scare them really. :p

peerless, spawns, actually trying to get items at events etc.. etc...

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery... also requires arrows...
Thank You! I was about to post this too, No consumables used for throwing.

If we are going to have consumables required for archers, and still not have Balanced added automatically to bows, at least give us a few new types of arrows and bolts.

Suggestions:
Exploding arrows - Made by thinker, uses arrows and explode pots -10% hit chance, and range 8, but lesser explode damage with arrow hit
Distance arrows - Max range 11 or 12, depending on strength, -15% damage, tinker altered arrows
Shatter bolts -made brittle with magic or something, maybe 20% chance to do a mini bleed, 2 tick, 5 damage and 2 damage, or something
poison arrows/bolts - Alchemist made, 10% chance to poison, same lvl poison as was applied
Weighted arrows/bolts - range max of 7 and 5, 30 % chance to cause "stumble" special, which is a forced walk for 2 tiles
Flaming arrows/bolts - Oil soaked, max range reduced by 1, -10% hit chance, causes magic arrow damage + arrow/bolt hit

As for how to select them in your pack, could add a new toggle to quivers like, "active" "inactive" or something like that, but allow for hot keys to toggle between them, highlight a special color or something. Then Archers could toggle on the go.

Just saying if archers are still going to be inferior to throwers in so many ways, why not try and give some kind of good reason to choose a 2 handed/lower mod cap/consumable using, ranged fighter.

Last edited:

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank You! I was about to post this too, No consumables used for throwing.

If we are going to have consumables required for archers, and still not have Balanced added automatically to bows, at least give us a few new types of arrows and bolts.

Suggestions:
Exploding arrows - Made by thinker, uses arrows and explode pots -10% hit chance, and range 8, but lesser explode damage with arrow hit
Distance arrows - Max range 11 or 12, depending on strength, -15% damage, tinker altered arrows
Shatter bolts -made brittle with magic or something, maybe 20% chance to do a mini bleed, 2 tick, 5 damage and 2 damage, or something
poison arrows/bolts - Alchemist made, 10% chance to poison, same lvl poison as was applied
Weighted arrows/bolts - range max of 7 and 5, 30 % chance to cause "stumble" special, which is a forced walk for 2 tiles
Flaming arrows/bolts - Oil soaked, max range reduced by 1, -10% hit chance, causes magic arrow damage + arrow/bolt hit

As for how to select them in your pack, could add a new toggle to quivers like, "active" "inactive" or something like that, but allow for hot keys to toggle between them, highlight a special color or something. Then Archers could toggle on the go.

Just saying if archers are still going to be inferior to throwers in so many ways, why not try and give some kind of good reason to choose a 2 handed/lower mod cap/consumable using, ranged fighter.

Also throwers get a Free mount that doesn't cost them a slot o.0

I am being serious.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested a full suit of metal armor. There was very little to no stamina loss from physical attacks. However when I fought a red healer the spells did take some chunks out. Though with 120 focus it did regen pretty quick. I did test without 120 focus as well. So it seems that maybe from my short little test metal armor might protect from stamina loss from physical attacks but maybe not magic? I wonder if that is intended? I sure hope not.

Last edited:

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its funny that their solution to make platemail useful is to make refresh potions worse.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
peerless, spawns, actually trying to get items at events etc.. etc...

Yes i do that, i even organise all those events on Drachenfels. :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

We all really need to stay a bit calmer first on these changes. Its not as bad as it first look. Give it a try and give your honest feedback to the Devs. They do listen you know. I know not all changes will be easy to accept for all of us. Most of us are very smart in adapting and figuring out these changes. We now inside the storm and read all kind of things. Things will get more clear after a bit. :)

I can't say it enough. If you realy want to see a difference , Make a warrior and place him in a crafted full suit of plate armor. :)
A warrior can do a lot more with these changes then before. :)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested a full suit of metal armor. There was very little to no stamina loss from physical attacks. However when I fought a red healer the spells did take some chunks out. Though with 120 focus it did regen pretty quick. I did test without 120 focus as well. So it seems that maybe from my short little test metal armor might protect from stamina loss from physical attacks but maybe no magic? I wonder if that is intended? I sure hope not.
There could definitely be truth to this statement. I'll go back to the balron and see what happens to stamina with just being casted upon.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There could definitely be truth to this statement. I'll go back to the balron and see what happens to stamina with just being casted upon.
Yeah I will have to do some more testing myself. I was mainly disarming myself and letting stuff like grizzly bears and orges beat on me. I will probably try something that maybe hits a little harder but it still is a non magic casting monster. That way maybe I can see if something really hits me hard if I take a stamina loss.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This makes my head hurt. Bring back Vanquishing weapons and Invulnerability...I don't want to have to use spreadsheets to understand and play this game anymore! Please don't flame me, I'm old and fragile.

I guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle and let somebody tell me what to wear and what to use..*sighs*
Amen.

No wonder they can't attract new players. I can't even figgure out what all these changes mean in terms of net effect. Imagine a new player.

Complexity for the sake of complexity does not feel to anyone like an upgrade.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth elemental hitting me, I lost 15 stamina when he did 5 damage to me. So every time he successfully made a hit I dropped 15 stamina points. It went down faster with the balrons because I took a hit to stamina for each spell and physical hit.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts:

SSI and Mana burst: Both are convoluted ideas that make no thematic sense. What on earth about heavy armor makes my opponents swing slower? What on earth about regular crafted armor gives me rushes of mana? Also, both are VERY hard to represent in game. How will people even know about this? Will it be on every piece of armor in the game? If so you are adding at very least one extra SENTENCE of explanation to every non medable piece of armor. If you don't, considering that UO has no official documentation in game or elsewhere for that matter... No one will know, and it will be up to the players to offer what is going to end up being a confusing explanation to new comers. BAD choices both.

Stamina protection. Nice. Best change of the proposed changes by far.

Weapon damage. There are many examples of two handed weapons with same speed and damage as one handed weapon. Why dear lord why. This was one of the MAJOR problems with weapons. Two handed weapons were just worse with the lone exception that its easier to parry with bushido.
Why are two handed weapons STILL not as good as one handed? Archery also as I previously mentioned has a resource associated with it in arrows, which no other weapons have, as such they should be getting a boost.

Feint: Every weapon skill should have at least one weapon with feint. Taking this away from JUST fencing is a serious detriment to the skill. Also I would like too add that if ANY skill has weapons with feint... it should be fencing shouldn't it? And no... defensive blade weave will in no way replace feint.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Standing and letting a reaper cast on me I lost slightly less stamina than what the earth elementals were doing to me with physical hits. I was averaging about 12-13 points of stamina loss per spell.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth elemental hitting me, I lost 15 stamina when he did 5 damage to me. So every time he successfully made a hit I dropped 15 stamina points. It went down faster with the balrons because I took a hit to stamina for each spell and physical hit.
Yeah I just tested it on Trogs and stamina started going down much quicker. Though I think if I had focus it would;t be so bad but I purposely left it off to test this. So I think they either screwed up and the change did not go in properly or it just sucks. To be fair though I do need to test leather armor and see if it is worse. But according to their numbers I should be getting no stamina loss. Oh and I should also add I am testing this is just simple gm exceptional valorite plate armor nothing special. Guess it is time to go make some leather armor and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hear the same comments from pvpers everywhere, usually first why can anyone playing a thrower which requires all of 3 buttons step into a character that has the ability to kill the most seasoned mage, if they manage
multiple consecutive hits ( which is extremly frequent). Or you get why should a fast connection and a endless supply of red pots be the norm? Heck you can step into a competitors game and get items that make you faster or slower, wow
wouldnt that be something?
No one i have talked to with sense see much of this as a surprise. Whats the alternative nothing? Thats a real fail, lets just lose more people over broken mechanics, and no one believes it will be a 10 secound cooldown either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.