• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can see they still have a HATE for Archers.

And if I am reading this right you are NOT balancing the resists of armor in any way or making Dragon Scale actually beneficial to use even though it's THE hardest to work with it has Nothing for benefits. *sighs*

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Inherent Mana Phase
Each piece of non medable armor will provide a chance to trigger a mana phase effect. Triggering mana phase will make the next mana check become free within ten second duration until you attempt to use mana again. The chance is triggered whenever a player takes damage and has a cool down period of 30 seconds. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide the following chances to fire with a total cap of 15%:
  • Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides a 1% chance.
  • Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides a 2% chance.
  • Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides a 3% chance.
Sounds totally useless to me.

In PVE, you want to chain specials every swing. With a typical swing speed of 1.25, you'll swing 24 times within the cool down period of 30 seconds, so ideally you'd get a 4.17% lower mana cost, in reality this will be far lower of course especially if you're fighting against a single enemy that swings every 3 sec or so. Whee one free special move every minute or two, sounds great! Not!

To simplify things and actually make this system reliable and useful, I'd change it to a percentage of damage taken converted to mana every time you get hit.

Proc chances and cooldowns are just BAD. Especially in PVP. "You won cause you were lucky with the dice rolls". Pfff.

Last edited:

Scenic Nevins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When are these massive changes gonna stop coming? This game just turns to the worse every month. And im bloody fed up with it. I dont see the reason to keep this up really. Atm im paying for almost a dozen accounts, and I can say for sure that I dont see the point anymore.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Man, i just hope all of this isnt what puts the final nail in the coffin, i mean seriously?? HLD proof suits are neccessary otherwise now every dexxer with a healing script is gonna think they "own"...plus its just a bunch of more things to relearn now even after 11 years of uo and finally getting things right now the very foundation of uo pvp is being messed with and its by people that probably arent really a part of the glory of what is uo pvp. Stam pot timer?

T

Tazar

Well, I patched and just tried to log in with the new client (Classic Client and it's called client_tc.exe) and it's hung up at "Connecting." Does our account need to be on an approved list to use that client or something? Also, when I log on with the standard version of the Classic Client, there is still no Test Center showing up.
From what I understand - the Test Center will not show up with the standard client versions... you will have to use the test client. If it is hanging up - then it sounds like either the patch is not fully deployed, or the publish on test center is not complete. Try again in a little while and it should work.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Revamp part 1

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The stamina loss protection provided is ranked as follows where 1 provides the best protection:
  • Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor).
  • Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor).
  • Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor.
  • Cloth, leather, and jewelry armor.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a bonus to stamina loss protection.

Each piece of non medable armor will provide a chance to trigger a mana phase effect. Triggering mana phase will make the next mana check become free within ten second duration until you attempt to use mana again. The chance is triggered whenever a player takes damage and has a cool down period of 30 seconds. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide the following chances to fire with a total cap of 15%:
  • Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides a 1% chance.
Armor Inherent SSI Debuff

A defender wearing non medable armor will have a flat 10% chance to apply a SSI nullifying debuff to attackers wielding weapons for five seconds. The chance is triggered whenever a player takes damage and has a cool down period of 30 seconds. NPC attackers will receive a 30% swing speed increase debuff instead of a nullifying debuff.

Can someone please tell me WTF this means -- There are no #s or formulas in there that explains ANYTHING??????

Stamina lost based on armor with 1 being best soo 5 pieces of plate (full suit = 6) each have a .20 point effect x 5 = 1????? what are cloth worth .02???? some serious explaining needs to be done here.

sorry but what was stated means ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see they still have a HATE for Archers.

And if I am reading this right you are NOT balancing the resists of armor in any way or making Dragon Scale actually beneficial to use even though it's THE hardest to work with it has Nothing for benefits. *sighs*
They still hate 2H weapons too. Whee one or two extra points of base damage. Well I rather have my 15% HCI, 15% DCI, 190 luck, Reactive Paralyze, 10% swing speed increase, 20+ resists and what else can appear on a shield than a measly point of base damage!

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't fix something if it isn't broken. I'm tired of this garbage! There was nothing so wrong with the current system of weapons warranted it needing changing.

Most of these changes are unnecessary. Your screwing over leafblade by removing feint. Lots of players have invested massive amounts of time and money into creating Leafblades of Ease simply because of those two specials.

I don't know why the DEVs though thought you needed to make these changes! A few players on stratics post about wanting changes (platemail having value, Dragon Scale armor having value) and then here we go again. And if the threads on stratics lately are any indication of the state of UO then this game is in trouble. The last 6 months I've seen the worst ideas presented in the history of UO.

I get tired of having to learn and rework suits on multiple characters on multiple shards. Also new players (not that we have many) will now have a harder time learning all the @#$& you keep introducing.

Why not do something simple where Platemail Physical resit Cap is raised to 80 but limited to Energy. Dragon Armor to 80 Fire but less poison. Stone Armor Energy cap 80 etc. Keep it simple...this will give the whiners that something is needed to give it value and it keeps it simple.

If you want to change something in this game then change the goddamn low resolution graphics so there is somewhat of a chance of attracting new players to the game. Get more manpower on high resolution graphics, fixing bugs, or adding another booster rather than these unneeded changes.

It's almost as if you Dev team needs thing to do while on the payroll and you end up doing more harm than good.

What should have been done is a "Weapons Booster" introducing a whole new slew of weapons (Rapier, Claymore, etc) with new specials that 1) would have provided income to EA and added solvency for UO and 2) added new content and appeasing players such as myself who don't want you to fix something that isn't broken.

Tired of the Revamp this and revamp. Revamp the Revamp! The only thing that needs revamping is the ****ty 2d graphics!

I don't mean to be negative and I'm not against change when there is an unbalance which clearly wasn't in this case.

Stop listening to a small minority on stratics and leave well enough alone.

Last edited:

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure the dev's heart is in the right place but you cannot argue the amount of time you have to invest in this game if you really want to get your hands around all it has to offer.

i was just talking to an old friend who has not played in 1/2 a year. i was kidding him that due to the reforging changes all hs imbued suits are out of style.... i'm not that far off either. go see what kind of gear the present upper echelon pvp'r runs around with these days.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea how any of this will work.

But the following things jump out at me.

Totally random order, each paragraph is an entirely separate thought.

Those of you who ridicule small changes in base damage, I would urge you to go onto the warrior forum. Based on what people say there it would appear that small differences in base damage can mean an awful lot. When I see my leafblade's base damage go down, even a little, i shrug and say "I can deal with this." When I see the Broadsword's damage go up, even a little, I think, "well, one of my characters is going to be really happy."

The SSI debuff just seems really weird and too complicated. I am having some difficulty how this works RP-wise. What do you do, physically, suddenly forearm smash your armed foe in the face thus temporarily dazing him? Deliver a sudden, armored head-butt? Couldn't you do that with the butt of your sword while also wearing non-metal armor? If your opponent is also metal-armored shouldn't he be able to guard against this better? And isn't this a little too complex? And a tad pointless in the light of the other changes?

My worry would be that, while you haven't technically nerfed anyone else's suit, you've changed other means of stamina regeneration or stamina regaining enough that metal armor may well prove essential rather than merely desirable. All you've really done, therefore, (if my fear is accurate) is change one kind of armor's predominance for another's.

Without addressing the robe issue you also potentially have created a change that'll have no visible effect. Nearly everyone will still have to cover up their cool-looking metal armor with a robe to achieve maximum effectiveness. And isn't having visible effects, things that change how the game looks while you're walking around, the basic point?

I am a non-Bushido dexxer who uses the Leafblade as his primary PvM weapon. I am likely to still use it; indeed I'll like it a lot more because I'll have another use-able special move. That is not a bad thing, at all.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What am I missing in these changes that makes folks fear there'll be stamina loss in Trammel just from walking around....

-Galen's player

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Revamp part 1

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The stamina loss protection provided is ranked as follows where 1 provides the best protection:

A defender wearing non medable armor will have a flat 10% chance to apply a SSI nullifying debuff to attackers wielding weapons for five seconds. The chance is triggered whenever a player takes damage and has a cool down period of 30 seconds. NPC attackers will receive a 30% swing speed increase debuff instead of a nullifying debuff.

Can someone please tell me WTF this means -- There are no #s or formulas in there that explains ANYTHING??????

Stamina lost based on armor with 1 being best soo 5 pieces of plate (full suit = 6) each have a .20 point effect x 5 = 1????? what are cloth worth .02???? some serious explaining needs to be done here.

I agree with out numbers on stamina loss this is meaningless.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I see a few changes I like. On the other not happy about some. Twohanded weapons still look like they will be useless An extra point or two of damage does not make up for their negatives. Not sure what I feel about the composite bow change *that is what I use right now* the damage increase is nice but its hard enough as it is right now to get them to a decent swing speed I think it is fine as it is on live right now. Also the armor changes yeah..I think they might help a little but to be honest they are too complicated and that whole chance on proc stuff not a fan of that. I think studded and boned might become more popular but I still donlt see enough there that convinces me metal/dragon armor will be that good. But without numbers on how much stamina reduction protection we get I can;t say. And the whole proc stuff once again not a fan of that puts too much RNG and luck into pvp.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor was too complicated before. Now it's impossible. I don't understand any of it and I really don't care to spend the time and energy trying.
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think they need to scrap this first revamp players have been giving them many much better ideas for years and this is what they come up with? A complicated system of procs that will make making a suit even more of a head ache? I am trying to keep an open mind on all of this but I seriously hope they have this on the test center for quite some time and keep to the "promise" of revising things based on player feed back.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember to check...

Please submit feedback through one of the following:
And look, even a reminder.

I want to make it a point to say that none of these changes are final and are subject to change based on community feedback.
The communication has been great, considering these pub notes haven't even been out for 4 hours yet, Bleak has answered a few questions regarding the changes already !

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An interesting start.

Personally, I'd like to have seen armor provide more protection from HP loss as apposed to STAMINA loss, which in my mind, has never been a problem. Maybe for PvP, but I don't know....

Also, none of this (Unless I missed it) has addressed the issue that melee characters need an inordinate amount of INT to be able to use melee special moves.

In my mind, this does very little to actually change any melee templates or equipment (Aside from a few who had special moves for the weapon altered entirely).

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all who is screaming and crying. Go try it before you post nonsense! :p
Have you tested it yet yourself? I haven;t yet myself but I do think based on what we see here people do have good reason to be concerned.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember to check...

And look, even a reminder.

The communication has been great, considering these pub notes haven't even been out for 4 hours yet, Bleak has answered a few questions regarding the changes already !
Yeah I do agree I appreciate the communication. These changes are pretty big and we will need that.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
War Cleaver using Bladeweave in defensive mode is an option.
I want to make it a point to say that none of these changes are final and are subject to change based on community feedback.
Doubtfull when was the last time the dev team took feed back from people on test center... almost every patch the community warns the devs about something major thats broken and it still makes it into release....

/sigh this is so dismaying I am just done trying to keep up with all the band aids over band aids anymore...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds totally useless to me.

In PVE, you want to chain specials every swing. With a typical swing speed of 1.25, you'll swing 24 times within the cool down period of 30 seconds, so ideally you'd get a 4.17% lower mana cost, in reality this will be far lower of course especially if you're fighting against a single enemy that swings every 3 sec or so. Whee one free special move every minute or two, sounds great! Not!

To simplify things and actually make this system reliable and useful, I'd change it to a percentage of damage taken converted to mana every time you get hit.

Proc chances and cooldowns are just BAD. Especially in PVP. "You won cause you were lucky with the dice rolls". Pfff.
It seems to me they are of the mind set that, hey, lets make this completely useless effect (like those mana procs off that useless armor) to make it look like we are doing something because we have no idea how to actually balance it to begin with.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And these are the kind of things that will dispel "NEW" players.. heck if I looked on UOs website and I had no idea what the game was about and saw all this non-sense id be like :next:

In this day and age if you want to attract new players your going to have to dumb down things.. not over complicate them.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Revamp part 1

Here is some insight into stamina protection:

Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides 20% protection.
Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides 16.5% protection.
Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides 10%% protection.
Cloth, leather, and jewelry armor provides 6.5% protection.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides 6.5% protection.

Note: This does not mean 100% protection from stamina loss when taking damage when wearing five pieces of platemail.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SSI debuff just seems really weird and too complicated. I am having some difficulty how this works RP-wise. What do you do, physically, suddenly forearm smash your armed foe in the face thus temporarily dazing him? Deliver a sudden, armored head-butt? Couldn't you do that with the butt of your sword while also wearing non-metal armor? If your opponent is also metal-armored shouldn't he be able to guard against this better? And isn't this a little too complex? And a tad pointless in the light of the other changes?
As far as I understand it, the attacker will get the debuff and it is determined by the type of the armor of the defender.

As for an RP explanation: Take a metal bar or something alike. Try to hit something made of stone very hard. Your arm will probably hurt afterwards. Since your arm hurts, you probably won't hit as fast as before.
If you try it again but this time you hit a soft material, i.e. rubber foam, your arm won't hurt that much, if all.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well this is all VERY interesting. It sort of nerfs dexers, especially the ranged ones (archery/throwing), but adds an intruging way to force dexers to consider using heavy armor for the stam issue. My only issue with that is, while most slow weapons go unused now, having trouble controlling stamina will amke some even more unused.

Weapon speed/damage changes:

Macing has very few weapons that are highly usable, that are slow enough to be used. I'd propose the maul and possibly the war axe be reduced in speed by atleast .25s with damage to match. maybe even the hammer pick.

Outside of macing, i'm not seeing any glaring issue with any of the speed/damage recalculations. Soul Glaives and Comp bows definitly got hit pretty hard on speed, but they probably needed to be.

Special Move Updates:

Some of them i'm not really seeing the purpose, but overall i think they suffice. Nothing was changed horribly or made useless from what it was.

Weapon Special Move Mana Cost:

The biggest take from this is the increase on moving shot and infestious strike. Probably a pretty good move. dropping the mana usage of concussion and crushing was also a seemingly good move.

Special Move Changes:

Disarm: its about time, and this is exactly the change users have asked for for a very long time. thanks for listening.
Crushing Blow: Draining stamina may be a big deal after this update
Double Strike: Cool? We'll see
Mortal: having trouble understanding this one. plan to test i suppose, maybe someone can fill me in on what exactly this change is?
Bleed: probably neccesary
Force of Nature: This sounds very interesting, and almost sounds overpowered... will definitly be checking into this. Anything that can add what sounds like a LOT of extra damage, plus a 2 second stun? Just sounds scary.

Armor Revamp part 1:

I can't help but notice, all of this says "crafted armor". Is it really only crafted armor? If not.. it shouldn't be. Looted "magical" armor needs this ability too.

Does wearing something like full platemail make it so you basically do not have stamina reduction? That almost sounds like a necessity with the stam pot changes.

SSI Debuff... is this really neccesary? I find myself looking at this thinking 1. it is overly complicated. 2. it is too "oh this might happeny" and 3. seems slightly overpowered, that two full metal armored dexers could fight each other, and the one with the slowest base speed would win out.

Combat Changes:

Gargoyle hci reduced from 50 to 45%. Good move, a little late, but its about time.
Hit lower defense? Please explain in more detail.... does this effectively make it impossible to wear 70dci, and overbuff your dci to the point of not being effected by hit lower defense? With this change, will your dci cap always get below 45? This is probably a good idea.. i guess... as hit lower defense was becoming a useless property with the high end suits people can make. But i'd like to see more clarification.

Ninja form can be interrupted? Who do i need to hug for this one?

I don't understand the throwing sweet spot thing at all, and i never really will. I'd love to hear a deeper explaination of this.

Evil omen reduces stone form immunity? Cool, so now a encro and a mystic have a fighting chance verses someone in stone form. What about everyone else?

Stam potions change.... probably necessary. However, the verdict is out until i know more about the effects of ehavy armor on your stamina loss.

Stamina leech has diminished returns. What exactly does that mean? Does that really hurt sampires? I guess divine fury will need to be cast a lot more ehh?

Mystcisim increases cleaning winds. Does this give cleansing winds a boost if it is used on yourself, but a nerf if it is used as a cross heal? I suppose that the nerf on the crossheal is great, but the boost to one's self should not be here. cleansing winds is still too powerful of a healing spell.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor was too complicated before. Now it's impossible. I don't understand any of it and I really don't care to spend the time and energy trying.
It does seem a bit overly complicated. and i'm normally pretty good with complicated uo suit things.

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some insight into stamina protection:

Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides 20% protection.
Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides 16.5% protection.
Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides 10%% protection.
Cloth, leather, and jewelry armor provides 6.5% protection.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides 6.5% protection.
I really like these changes.

Another question: Wouldn't it make more sense, to have stamina as resource for specials instead of mana? IMHO they're no "magic" attack and thus would fit. This will also further increase thr usability of battle focus and stamina regeneration.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have to really agree with this. I think the "mana phasing effect" thing on metal armor needs to be looked at, and rather than be a dice roll, be a constant.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think they need to scrap this first revamp players have been giving them many much better ideas for years and this is what they come up with? A complicated system of procs that will make making a suit even more of a head ache? I am trying to keep an open mind on all of this but I seriously hope they have this on the test center for quite some time and keep to the "promise" of revising things based on player feed back.
Amen to that...

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So werent they supposed to adjust archery to throwing level? Lets compare .... whats the deal ?

Composite Bow, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds --- TWO HANDED -Result : need balanced mod of 150 imbuing weight...
vs
Soul Glaive: Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds ------- ONE HANDED - Result no need of balanced mod so you can put 25 DCI and 8 HCI (150 weight together)
I think its still unfair for archery
One thing to keep in mind with Archery Vs Throwing is that while throwing does allow more mods it is subject to "sweet-spot" which can change hit chance and damage drastically. Archery's hit chance and damage on the other hand remain constant. I look forward to more discussion and testing on this subject.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the system too complicated is a concern of ours. We will be making changes as needed to ensure that content is challenging but not overwhelming.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
leafblade loses feint? o_O
means that fencing has no more weapons with feint = totally useless in pvm -.-
But the leafblade is now a little bit cooler in pvp, which i'm assuming many pvp users will be extremely pumped about.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOOH ok, thank you.

You have no idea how glad I am that I was missing something.

Oh dear I guess this means I'll have to pay more attention to the Divine Fury change now....

-Galen's player

If i read that right now, every piece of plate/chain, etc is a 20% removal of that stamina loss. so, again if i'm reading this correctly, 5 pieces of metal armor would mean 100% dismissal of stamina loss from damage. Therefore nullifying the need to use stamina pots, and actually making holding a shield like a real warrior should, very viable, as you shouldn't lose stam.

Did i read this correctly? i'd like to test it later.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the system too complicated is a concern of ours. We will be making changes as needed to ensure that content is challenging but not overwhelming.
I love this game Bleak, and have for 14 years now... But it is very close to being - overwhelming, as you say - right now. Let's not forget - it is a GAME.
There certainly is nothing here in all of this that would make it MORE attractive to new players, and given the sad state of most shard populations - please consider spending more of your valuable time towards that end in the future.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i read that right now, every piece of plate/chain, etc is a 20% removal of that stamina loss. so, again if i'm reading this correctly, 5 pieces of metal armor would mean 100% dismissal of stamina loss from damage. Therefore nullifying the need to use stamina pots, and actually making holding a shield like a real warrior should, very viable, as you shouldn't lose stam.

Did i read this correctly? i'd like to test it later.
Yeah I will have to test this too but that is the impression I got that wearing a full suit of metal or dragonscale armor will make you immune to stamina loss.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the leafblade is now a little bit cooler in pvp, which i'm assuming many pvp users will be extremely pumped about.
Why not just pick one of the other 1handed fencing weapons that don't see a lot of use, modifying that one to the 81.0 leafblade properties, and keeping the leafblade itself the way it is right now.

Don't mess with a popular item, instead change one that is is not popular.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Strong concern:

I think the ssi debuff thing is just too complicated, and almost overpowering. That needs to be considered for removal...in my opinion of course.

As i also mentioned previously, the mana phasing chances on the armor also seems too complicated, but is a little need as the armor is neccesary for stamina changes, but not medable. So it should have a constant, or maybe, an additional 2-3% lower mana cost for every piece on top of the 40% cap and skill reductions.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there is no fencing weapon with feint for PvM after proposed change anymore

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not just pick one of the other 1handed fencing weapons that don't see a lot of use, modifying that one to the 81.0 leafblade properties, and keeping the leafblade itself the way it is right now.

Don't mess with a popular item, instead change one that is is not popular.
Feint is popular in pvm, i agree, but fencing is also lacking many other very good "pvm" weapons. I absolutely love the new leafblade bleed/ai. I'd say rather than re-adjusting the leafblade back, maybe some other fencing weapons need to have some pvm viability.

the leafblade is the one good medium damage/speed 1 handed fencing weapon. it is also the one good ai weapon for fencers. I also have a sampire that utilizes a leafblade, but he won't be effected as i rarely, if ever, use feint in pvm. It's almost op.

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually like changes. Been hoping for a nice tweak to the forgotten armor and weapons for a long time. As it stood before there was only a handful of weapons/armor out of the plethora of available options that were actually useful in certain game-plays. Will withhold my judgements, however, until I can actually test it, hoping this publish will fix that.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, there are some very overly complicated pieces of these changes, but one that shouldn't be is the stam loss reduction in the armor.

The more i think about this, the more i am thrilled that heavy armor now has a really solid use, that i'd almost consider losing the medabile armor for. Never lose stamina while wearing full heavy armor, but sacrifice some mana regeneration?

Well done, from my opinion obviously, on this sentiment.

Just reconsider some of the other parts that seem hard, such as the ssi debuff...yuck.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, why bother about pvm? -.-
I wonder why there are monsters in this game when every patch is pvp based...
Yes, every patch is pvp based... hahaha. i couldn't tell you the alst patch that was pvp based. how many dungeon revamps have they done for the sole focus of more to do in pvm?

Sorry.. back on topic..

Status
Not open for further replies.