• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One other big observation...

most of the weapons that have gone unused for a long time will continue to go unused. This is because of the high base speeds with specials that are found more available on faster weapons. As mentioned in my first summary of my opinion, some macing weapons really need base speed drops (maul, hammer pick, war hammer, etc)

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there are some very overly complicated pieces of these changes, but one that shouldn't be is the stam loss reduction in the armor.

The more i think about this, the more i am thrilled that heavy armor now has a really solid use, that i'd almost consider losing the medabile armor for. Never lose stamina while wearing full heavy armor, but sacrifice some mana regeneration?

Well done, from my opinion obviously, on this sentiment.

Just reconsider some of the other parts that seem hard, such as the ssi debuff...yuck.
Yeah I agree especially now that we have seen some actual numbers the stamina reduction thing looks to be pretty cool. The proc stuff and ssi stuff though they need to scrap that or seriously rethink how they impliment it.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thing to keep in mind with Archery Vs Throwing is that while throwing does allow more mods it is subject to "sweet-spot" which can change hit chance and damage drastically. Archery's hit chance and damage on the other hand remain constant. I look forward to more discussion and testing on this subject.
I understand your point, thanks for looking forward tho. I just want to let you know that it can also apply for all other 2 hands weapons metal or wood. A 2-hands archer or warrior can't: drink potions/healing myst stone, throw shurikns or fukiyas while the thrower can do all that or even use a shield. Let the ''balanced'' mod be imbued on all 2-hands weapon in the game and make it worth 50-75 imbuing weight instead of 150 would be a fair deal and maybe add ''balanced'' mod on the heartwood wood as a 8th random bonus when enhancing a 2 hand weapon..

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i read that right now, every piece of plate/chain, etc is a 20% removal of that stamina loss. so, again if i'm reading this correctly, 5 pieces of metal armor would mean 100% dismissal of stamina loss from damage. Therefore nullifying the need to use stamina pots, and actually making holding a shield like a real warrior should, very viable, as you shouldn't lose stam.

Did i read this correctly? i'd like to test it later.
You probably read it correctly.

Seems I'm for some reason having a difficult time understanding these patch notes.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I understand it, the attacker will get the debuff and it is determined by the type of the armor of the defender.

As for an RP explanation: Take a metal bar or something alike. Try to hit something made of stone very hard. Your arm will probably hurt afterwards. Since your arm hurts, you probably won't hit as fast as before.
If you try it again but this time you hit a soft material, i.e. rubber foam, your arm won't hurt that much, if all.
Hmm.

I guess I misread it just about totally.

-Galen's player

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, every patch is pvp based... hahaha. i couldn't tell you the alst patch that was pvp based. how many dungeon revamps have they done for the sole focus of more to do in pvm?

Sorry.. back on topic..
yes, let's back on topic, try the shimmering effusion or the stygian dragon without feint and then will see how do you survive :|

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the leafblade is the one good medium damage/speed 1 handed fencing weapon. it is also the one good ai weapon for fencers. I also have a sampire that utilizes a leafblade, but he won't be effected as i rarely, if ever, use feint in pvm. It's almost op.
By contrast, I consistently use feint with my sampire. When you have 100+ tactics and anatomy, that 8 seconds of feint is really sweet.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't fix something if it isn't broken. I'm tired of this garbage! There was nothing so wrong with the current system of weapons warranted it needing changing.

Most of these changes are unnecessary. Your screwing over leafblade by removing feint. Lots of players have invested massive amounts of time and money into creating Leafblades of Ease simply because of those two specials.

I don't know why the DEVs though thought you needed to make these changes! A few players on stratics post about wanting changes (platemail having value, Dragon Scale armor having value) and then here we go again. And if the threads on stratics lately are any indication of the state of UO then this game is in trouble. The last 6 months I've seen the worst ideas presented in the history of UO.

I get tired of having to learn and rework suits on multiple characters on multiple shards. Also new players (not that we have many) will now have a harder time learning all the @#$& you keep introducing.

Why not do something simple where Platemail Physical resit Cap is raised to 80 but limited to Energy. Dragon Armor to 80 Fire but less poison. Stone Armor Energy cap 80 etc. Keep it simple...this will give the whiners that something is needed to give it value and it keeps it simple.

If you want to change something in this game then change the goddamn low resolution graphics so there is somewhat of a chance of attracting new players to the game. Get more manpower on high resolution graphics, fixing bugs, or adding another booster rather than these unneeded changes.

It's almost as if you Dev team needs thing to do while on the payroll and you end up doing more harm than good.

What should have been done is a "Weapons Booster" introducing a whole new slew of weapons (Rapier, Claymore, etc) with new specials that 1) would have provided income to EA and added solvency for UO and 2) added new content and appeasing players such as myself who don't want you to fix something that isn't broken.

Tired of the Revamp this and revamp. Revamp the Revamp! The only thing that needs revamping is the ****** 2d graphics!

I don't mean to be negative and I'm not against change when there is an unbalance which clearly wasn't in this case.

Stop listening to a small minority on stratics and leave well enough alone.

What I got out of your post Madrid... was this

1) Your still complaining about High Res Graphics.. Umm... stop beating the dead horse...
2) You are annoyed at the leaf blade change ... I will guess your game revolves around peerless soloing... too bad soo sad....

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleak, I still cannot connect using the alternate client. I have been able to copy characters to Test Center from other shards and log in with them on Test Center using the regular client. However, when trying to use the alternate client application for the Classic Client, it just hangs up after the login screen and says "Connecting..." What am I doing wrong or is the connection problem on your end?
Have you tried restarting the client?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just reading and haven't tested just yet due to being out of town on business..but it looks like a step in the correct direction..agreed macing weapons need a boost in damage still they are still not up to par with a thrower it should go damage wise fencer/swords/macer/ranged but ranged attacks still have the benefit of well..being ranged

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the ninjitsu can we have it the higher skill you got more chance you have of not being disrupted say at 120 ninja 20% of not being disrupted?

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok first the Throwing changes were well overdue, lets hope there enough

Whats with archery? Dropping half a secound on a composite hurts it overly bad. Adding base damage to it means nothing, with ai's capped at 35. I guess it helps for moving shot,
but all things considering we will see no new archers.

Wow someone was brave changing feint off the leiflade, especially since every sampire that has fencing uses one. Your seriously going to make all these pvmers and probably twice that on the Japanese shards make new weapons? I wouldnt and i dont even play that.

Will we ever be seeing the necro omen bug being fixed? (the ability to evil omen yourself then cast either weaken or curse on yourself) this disallows you to be interrupted by these spells when its active? This is overly abused now and needs to be addressed also

Interrupting animal form only makes sense, and we still dont understand why you guys took purging animal form out of the game.

Unfortunaly other people may be angry but alot of these most pvpers will see as needed, lets just hope its not to late.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stamin potion thing is riduclous. Especially on Siee where sometimes you needto push through a bunch of NPCs to move around.

The changes to the bows are stupid as others pointed out with throwin weapons being 1 handed. That change is unjust.

Animal Form is kinda meh. Just means spammin people nonstop I guess with small sells. Will protection stop the interrupt?

The armor bonus is suppose to revamp non med armor? Still seems worthless.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This makes my head hurt. Bring back Vanquishing weapons and Invulnerability...I don't want to have to use spreadsheets to understand and play this game anymore! Please don't flame me, I'm old and fragile.

I guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle and let somebody tell me what to wear and what to use..*sighs*
I'm just glad that I'm not the only one.

I started to get my slide-rule out to try to figure out what any of this meant, then realized that I threw the dangged thing away years ago!

Getting way to old to have the patience to wade though the numbers and logic:( I too will wait until someone tells me what I should be wearing and what weapons I should carry:(

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've got a great new idea for this patch.

-Objects with dimensions larger than the backpack (ie. anything larger than a mace) can no longer be placed within the backpack. Instead players must haul the item by freeing both hands. Only one item may be hauled at a time in this manner. A scaling movement speed reduction and stamina drain will be applied the larger and heavier the object is. Also there will be a 5 % chance to proc the "trip" debuff per tile moved in which the character trips and drops the item on the ground. Spellcasting will not be possible while hauling.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the ninjitsu can we have it the higher skill you got more chance you have of not being disrupted say at 120 ninja 20% of not being disrupted?
NO, spell casting should get disrupted when your hit casting a spell

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we decrease and increase AI cap for each weapon

Fencing :30
Swords: 35
Ranged:40
Macing:45

Or at least base it on weapon speed
2.0 - 3.0 - 30-35
3.5 - 4.0 - 35-40
4.5 - 5.0 - 40-45

The slow weapons still have no purpose to use they are still slow and use a ton of stam to get swinging at a good rate as well as ssi but I still can use a Kryss with 0 dex 190stam and AI for the same as a war hammer that needs 40ssi

Or even chance for crit hits which increase by 20% based on speed and hit power

Lumberjack swordsman are dead pretty much no real buff to using it make templates unique and not so flavor of the week

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As it stands as an Archer I used to be able to compete at EM events to get an item..... However since the changes to how the items are distributed I've never been able to get anything since it all goes to Tamers and throwers..... So now my weapon is going to be 2x as slow hit for half as much as throwers and I'm going to do even WORSE at events.

So I'll be 10X's as unlikely to ever get a drop as I was before. And I am supposed to be "happy" about that???????

Not only can I NOT carry a shield and miss out on another 5 mods everyone else gets but Now I'm slower too.... Archers have always hit for FAR less than most other weapon classes..... now the gap will be much larger... because I'll be so slow folk will be able to heal any damage I do before I can actually hit them again.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok first the Throwing changes were well overdue, lets hope there enough

Whats with archery? Dropping half a secound on a composite hurts it overly bad. Adding base damage to it means nothing, with ai's capped at 35. I guess it helps for moving shot,
but all things considering we will see no new archers.

Wow someone was brave changing feint off the leiflade, especially since every sampire that has fencing uses one. Your seriously going to make all these pvmers and probably twice that on the Japanese shards make new weapons? I wouldnt and i dont even play that.

Will we ever be seeing the necro omen bug being fixed? (the ability to evil omen yourself then cast either weaken or curse on yourself) this disallows you to be interrupted by these spells when its active? This is overly abused now and needs to be addressed also

Interrupting animal form only makes sense, and we still dont understand why you guys took purging animal form out of the game.

Unfortunaly other people may be angry but alot of these most pvpers will see as needed, lets just hope its not to late.
I say lets just remove all ranged skills out the game totally.

Also lets make sure that any time someone gets into pvp it causes - 75% movement debuff to insure there are none of these 'speed hackers'

also why does spell casting not have an AI type ability.

And Word of Death should have a 1% chance to proc that deletes your house from the shard.

I think these ridiculous requests would balance the game, so you should make sure to implement them tomorrow.. Also delete any sort of RCS or SVN systems you have, to make sure there can be no reverts on the code.

Also just delete any shard that doesn't have at least 1,000 unique logins avg daily, because you obviously don't care about those shards or the people on them...

Yes my post smells of terribly constructed sentenance and mispells I just wanted to share with the dev team how bad it is to look at someone elses crap they didnt take the time to think though, or clean up before presenting.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Various concerns.

1) Changes to metal armor are confusing and immersion-breaking. (Metal armor makes other people swing slower, but only to the extent that they're using magical items to swing faster? What?) The addition of hidden inherent properties with proc rates and cooldowns moves the UO armor system from merely overcomplicated to downright incomprehensible. I wear metal armor and I'd just as soon you didn't bother.

2) Dragon armor is still completely worthless. If it absolutely will not be made viable even during a balance pass like this, then why does it exist?

3) Entire weapon damage normalization is largely pointless and does not add to the number of viable weapons, since the slow ones are still useless. No one is going to start using a war mace just because you put an extra 2 base damage on it. (Speaking of the war mace, take that fruity elf "nature" special off it!) Run the whole thing again but make 3.5 the slowest any weapon goes.

4) No one is ever going to use Bladeweave as long as it's random.

What I'd have done.

1) Remove the concept of armor blocking meditation from the game. It's been pointless for a decade and I don't know why you're adding all these tortured changes that preserve it. Are you afraid of making the materials too much alike? Man things being too homogenous is sort of the opposite of your problems right now. If you're bent on keeping the med penalty, go with the stamina-loss reduction on heavy armor and make that it.

2) Change the base resists on newly-generated armor (including dragon armor) so that all types are on a level playing field. This is just a no-brainer.

3) Make 3.5 the slowest base weapon speed and scale down from there. This is another no-brainer. No one is going to use those ultra-slow weapons, not unless the damage were cranked up to preposterous unbalanced levels, which we obviously don't want.

4) Various tweaks to weapon specials. Create something besides Armor Ignore that someone might use in PVM.

I was really looking forward to these changes, but now I feel like I'm stuck trying to talk you guys out of breaking the game.

Last edited:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Your still complaining about High Res Graphics... Umm... stop beating the dead horse...
That's right I don't like seeing wasted resources which is exactly what this garbage is.
High resolution art was promised 3 years ago and according to the latest estimates it'll be 2.5 more years before we see a single piece of high resolution art, meanwhile the KR artwork is sitting on some hard drive somewhere and it's not an option to use. If you don't want High Res then don't use it...but it should be an option for those who want it given that years of UO resources were put into high res art that's simply sitting on a server somewhere collecting dust.

Instead what do we get...this garbage which no one asked for which should have been nixed for a weapons booster with all new weapons and specials. Why is there no flail in UO?

2) You are annoyed at the leaf blade change ... I will guess your game revolves around peerless soloing... too bad so sad....

I have an arsenal of kickass leafblades that I invested a lot of money in. I'm not happy to see those leafblades become useless and I can imagine the Japanese player base having similar sentiments.

As for soloing as I'm more inclined to bringing multiple accounts in order to get more chances at drops. I've soloed Meraktus, Ilhenir, Bedlam, Slasher, Glade Spawn, Putrifier, Rend i.e. My sampires have accomplished all I wanted them to and then some...

Now new players or players who haven't experienced challenges of soloing may feel different if it's no longer possible. However it's too early to tell without testing these unneeded changes.

There was nothing wrong with the weapon and armor system that it warranted the DEVs time and resources.

Bringing Archers on Par with throwers is the only thing I can see warranted in this publish.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what little testing I have done, Im really liking the changes to metal armor. The reduced stam loss in combat is very noticeable and allows me to rethink using stam leech or high stam regen in some situations. I always made warrior suits out of leather because it is much easier to work with, easier to gather materials for and high end runics much easier to get. So most of my melee suits are leather. Would it be possible to get an item on TC that adds a "non-meddable" property to armor. It would be much easier test xferred chars over making entirely new suits.

There goes my capped swing soul glaives. Im glad I just experimented with 210 stam 60% SSI suits before I blew a lot of time and cash on mass producing them. I'm cool with that. It was OP. But honestly can you folks get out of the habbit of introducing OP items/abilities for new content then nerfing them when almost everyone converts to it?

Last edited:

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when they said something about how making shard gates would take a year of dev time? well its been like a year, and I would have preferred a year of no updates for shard gates than all of these useless changes.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor Inherent Mana Phase

Each piece of non medable armor will provide a chance to trigger a mana phase effect. Triggering mana phase will make the next mana check become free within ten second duration until you attempt to use mana again. The chance is triggered whenever a player takes damage and has a cool down period of 30 seconds. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide the following chances to fire with a total cap of 15%:
  • Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides a 1% chance.
  • Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides a 2% chance.
  • Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides a 3% chance.
Does each piece of armor have a chance to trigger and 30 second cool down?

**Heads off to make bone armor suits for his non-med mystics**

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have to Agree with KLOMP Why are you making an extremely complicated armor system even more complicated?????????

All we need is to remove all the stupid meditation BS and make all the bases the same for Metal, Leather, Bone, Wood and Scale armor..... that way when we imbue we can start off with other types of armor than just leather.

And why in gods name did you give the mage armor property freely to the UGLIEST armor in the game????????? All that SE armor is UGLY....

God I just want to beat my head against my desk....

I just don't get it..... You all (DEV's) Claim that you play UO...... but if you did you would know this is BS. Please stop making things more complicated.

Uriel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Man, i just hope all of this isnt what puts the final nail in the coffin, i mean seriously?? HLD proof suits are neccessary otherwise now every dexxer with a healing script is gonna think they "own"...plus its just a bunch of more things to relearn now even after 11 years of uo and finally getting things right now the very foundation of uo pvp is being messed with and its by people that probably arent really a part of the glory of what is uo pvp. Stam pot timer?
If you didn't PvP prior to AoS then you weren't part of the PvP glory days either. Why do you think about 99% of the serious PvP community left UO at or around AoS? Blessed items, no penalties for reds, it's all easymode now. In the month I've been back I've yet to see a "red" that wasn't a dexxer.

I don't doubt some of you guys have fun with it, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around it. What's the point? You don't lose anything, and the only drawback to being red is not being able to go to trammel? How do people even win fights, out of boredom when one side leaves?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres another thing too.

Why mess with DCI and not HCI?

If your going to revamp the DCI system so its no longer just a -25 lower defence for HLD, why not change hit lower attack and hit chance as well?

Why leave out half of the equation?

????

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And I am wondering how HLD will work on monsters now.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... first look tells me that my Armsman is still pretty much useless.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this needs removed now.

"All stamina potions now operate on a global cooldown. Total refresh potions apply a ten second cooldown, refresh potions apply a two second cooldown, and faction refresh potions apply a two second cooldown"

there is a reason there are different levels of refresh, and at GM level we make TOTAL refresh.
this is bogus.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you didn't PvP prior to AoS then you weren't part of the PvP glory days either. Why do you think about 99% of the serious PvP community left UO at or around AoS? Blessed items, no penalties for reds, it's all easymode now. In the month I've been back I've yet to see a "red" that wasn't a dexxer.

I don't doubt some of you guys have fun with it, I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around it. What's the point? You don't lose anything, and the only drawback to being red is not being able to go to trammel? How do people even win fights, out of boredom when one side leaves?
Interesting you say that cuz I been playing since pre-16 and have never had a dexxer..always see me in fel on a red Mage

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't start planning any armor changes until we see the rest of the armor revamp information. The publish notes say that this is "part 1" of the armor revamp. So we got out of this part 1:

• Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped.
  • Each piece of non medable armor (up to 5 pieces) will provide a 1% to 3% chance (depending on its material, and up to a total of a 15% chance) to trigger a mana phase effect each time a character takes damage.
  • A defender wearing non medable armor will have a flat 10% chance to apply a SSI nullifying debuff to attackers wielding weapons for five seconds.
I'm betting there are other, possibly significant, changes to armor that we'll hear about in a few more days after we kind of digest what we read about today.
What? so that means we only saw 50% of their screw up changes then? Thats great more bad and gamebreaking changes to look forward to

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets add more to the pot here.

Refresh Potions: Do you realize how many you need to carry in order to PvP on a dexxer? ALOT. You already made potions weigh 2x the rate, then you nerfed Chivalry to provide less Stamina refresh, not your nerfing it again so its even less... Wait a minute.........

Armor Changes: Does anyone else not realize they are trying to force all dexxer templates to now wear Plate/Chain/Non-Med Armor!?!? Look at the above changed. Then notice how the only real armor revamps, is less stamina drainage. They aren't making old medable armor useful by forcing people who play a dexxer to use it since all of the ways to regen stamina are shot unless you incorporate Stam Regen or Focus onto an already cramped suit/template since they just destroyed all other ways to regen your stamina.

Archery Weapons Vs Thrower: The new changes to archery are horrid. As pointed out above, the whole 1 handed thrower while archers have to waste mods on balanced. You claim there is a "Sweet Spot". I know for one, the old ABC archer is on the wayside and Throwers are all the PvM craze for ranged. As someone else mentioned, the drops from events are going to throwers/tamers and note even archers anymore. I don't like how a thrower can stack so much mods, be able to dismount you, spam you with AI all while chugging potions and having insane properties on weapons more then archers can. I think the slow down of the bows is ridiculous.

Hit Lower Defense: As I stated above, why not make this formula for Hit Lower Attack as well.......? You also need to look at it this way - With the way it stands now, a dexxer has 120 Weapon Skill and a Mage has 120 Weapon Skill. A dexxer has 45 HCI and mage has 45 DCI. So everything gets cancelled out and its based on what exactly? To change the DCI is going to make dexxers quite powerful again as theres nothing you can do with a thrower using a 50 HLD weapon that is now even more overpowered.

ALL IN ALL - Why are they now trying to force people to use non-med armor for dexxers to ensure they keep their stamina.........??????????????????

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One final note......

Are the new intentions to make this game so god awful confusing with all of the different stuff now going on that anyone who is coming into Ultima Online NEW is going to be COMPLETELY LOST and have no idea that ANY of this stuff exists within the game?! Once the patch notes go past the page, ANYONE who is new or RETURNING to UO will have ABSOLUTELY no idea on how ANY of these new crap formulas and changes work.

DONT MAKE THINGS COMPLICATED.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, let's back on topic, try the shimmering effusion or the stygian dragon without feint and then will see how do you survive :|
?

I do it all the time with a macing sampire. No feint, just a war axe with AI. And i survive.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as pvp is concerned this is without a doubt the most crippling & one-sided list of nerfs ever.
And please spare me the "it's still only on test speech"
If even 25% of this pushes through its at least 1 years worth of impotence & frustration for all warriors.

And for what?
Besides Throwers being a bit overpowered there is and has been a very nice mage/warrior pvp balance for awhile now. Where did this come from?
Two handed melee weapons will still be almost useless and left to rot away in houses. Never equipped or used. The slight tweak to damage will not be a factor at all.
Whats the point?

Lets be clear about one thing when it comes to pvp and balancing. It all boils down to balancing mage vs warrior.
90% of primary pvp characters are mages or warriors.
This publish will completely destroy that balance.

Has Bleak or anyone in charge even once explained why this massive amount of fundamental gameplay change is even being pushed on us?
Changing armor to make it more interesting and diverse can be a good thing. Totally nerfing all warriors and forcing them to change templates/weapons while adjusting to the radical armor changes is just plain crazy and wrong. All the while changing to less powerful warrior templates. Wow...

Did I miss the part where fc and fcr are tweaked and reduced?
Was it right next to the part that says warriors can no longer chain disarm but wrestle mages still can chain disarm against warriors? Or did I read that wrong?
I am all for nerfing disarm as i hate that move but only nerfing it to warriors?

Did we also nerf mortal and bleed? Thats cool right because mages mortal and bleed warriors alot right?
My freaking bad! Its the other way around. Mortal and bleed were the 2 main specials that allowed warriors to compete with good mages.

Did I read the ssi part correctly? My ssi can be nullified just by someone elses armor type? Are you freaking kidding me?
Ssi is the foundation of warrior templates. Weapon speed is more critical then weapon damage. It is the only thing that keeps a warrior alive and able to get an occasional kill on a mage.

Stamina cooldown?

Newsflash Bleak: Stamina = swingspeed which equals and counters fc/fcr. This is pvp mechanics at its most fundamental.
Everything I see in this cesspool of a publish is geared towards affecting and lowering a warriors stamina.
Have you ever even logged onto a real shard and pvped? Did you have a brain aneurysm and this is the result?

I could go on about a few more of the proposed warrior nerfs but its just too ridiculous to talk about any longer.

But I am jumping the gun right?

Throw about a dozen gigantic nerfs aimed at one class and if only half of them stick its all good?

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree with the Stamina Protection scaling upon different types of armor and also being a PASSIVE ability! Unfortunatly the other two abilities you have added are not passive but active abilities, procs if you will. As a suggestion to this armor progression system, please keep all the abilities passive. By all means keep procs for they are great for imbuing and special drops. I would assume that different types of armor should effect your stamina, Mana, and health.

I envisioned that the armor types would all be medible; however, the mana returned would be scaled and a passive inherent MR added and scaled for armor types. Leather/cloth bringing in the highest amount of mana while meditating or being passive.

Health would be factored as well into this system by adding a Damage Absorb factor into this armor progression along with a scaled passive HP Regen factor. This would give Plate and Scale Armor the highest absorb and HP Regen Factor. Thus the the first Tank is born in UO, aside from the Greater Dragon of course!

Imbuing Mage armor should drop that piece down a level or 2 closer to Leather/cloth in the progression of benifits.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it stands as an Archer I used to be able to compete at EM events to get an item..... However since the changes to how the items are distributed I've never been able to get anything since it all goes to Tamers and throwers..... So now my weapon is going to be 2x as slow hit for half as much as throwers and I'm going to do even WORSE at events.

So I'll be 10X's as unlikely to ever get a drop as I was before. And I am supposed to be "happy" about that???????

Not only can I NOT carry a shield and miss out on another 5 mods everyone else gets but Now I'm slower too.... Archers have always hit for FAR less than most other weapon classes..... now the gap will be much larger... because I'll be so slow folk will be able to heal any damage I do before I can actually hit them again.
Yeah as an archer I am very unhappy about the changes to bows especially composite. I mean 4.5 swing speed are you kidding me? It is hard enough as it is on live to make archery work in pvp. I doubt the damage increase will help much if any either. The slower swing speed will make that obselete. I mean what is the point of hitting a little bit harder if people can easily heal between my hits? Also yeah we can;t carry shields so we miss out on all those nice mods. I mean I have some sweet shields that I donlt get to use right now. After these changes I am not even sure how I will be able to make archery viable in pvp especially where I play on Siege. Guess I am glad then I have swords trained up on a stone to use.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Word of Death needs a revamp too. Players are pumping out 10-20 on the boss monsters at events towards the end getting 500 points of damage for each one.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Word of Death needs a revamp too. Players are pumping out 10-20 on the boss monsters at events towards the end getting 500 points of damage for each one.
rofl ok but only if they give casters armor ignore. Are you forgetting casters only do like 20-50ish points of damage per cast on boss monsters until the end? While dexxers armor spam armor ignore for 150-200 a hit

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone brought up in another thread -

So what happens when your fighting someone and you get stam blocked by others? You just die since you cant refresh your stamina?

Say your a mage and your fighting someone and your stamina drops low 2x and within the 10 second window. So now your stammed out and just suppose to die or do we just drop med for focus and wear non-med like the dexxers now.......

Or moving around a spawn in Fel. Period.

Such ridic.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this needs removed now.

"All stamina potions now operate on a global cooldown. Total refresh potions apply a ten second cooldown, refresh potions apply a two second cooldown, and faction refresh potions apply a two second cooldown"

there is a reason there are different levels of refresh, and at GM level we make TOTAL refresh.
this is bogus.
What about making the cool down for toons without alchemy...chugging non stop is really lame..

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets add more to the pot here.

Refresh Potions: Do you realize how many you need to carry in order to PvP on a dexxer? ALOT. You already made potions weigh 2x the rate, then you nerfed Chivalry to provide less Stamina refresh, not your nerfing it again so its even less... Wait a minute.........

Armor Changes: Does anyone else not realize they are trying to force all dexxer templates to now wear Plate/Chain/Non-Med Armor!?!? Look at the above changed. Then notice how the only real armor revamps, is less stamina drainage. They aren't making old medable armor useful by forcing people who play a dexxer to use it since all of the ways to regen stamina are shot unless you incorporate Stam Regen or Focus onto an already cramped suit/template since they just destroyed all other ways to regen your stamina.

Archery Weapons Vs Thrower: The new changes to archery are horrid. As pointed out above, the whole 1 handed thrower while archers have to waste mods on balanced. You claim there is a "Sweet Spot". I know for one, the old ABC archer is on the wayside and Throwers are all the PvM craze for ranged. As someone else mentioned, the drops from events are going to throwers/tamers and note even archers anymore. I don't like how a thrower can stack so much mods, be able to dismount you, spam you with AI all while chugging potions and having insane properties on weapons more then archers can. I think the slow down of the bows is ridiculous.

Hit Lower Defense: As I stated above, why not make this formula for Hit Lower Attack as well.......? You also need to look at it this way - With the way it stands now, a dexxer has 120 Weapon Skill and a Mage has 120 Weapon Skill. A dexxer has 45 HCI and mage has 45 DCI. So everything gets cancelled out and its based on what exactly? To change the DCI is going to make dexxers quite powerful again as theres nothing you can do with a thrower using a 50 HLD weapon that is now even more overpowered.

ALL IN ALL - Why are they now trying to force people to use non-med armor for dexxers to ensure they keep their stamina.........??????????????????

Yep exactly as a dexxer and an archer I seriously hope some things change before the patch hits. Because this is going to make pvp close to impossible on an archer and even if I switched back to swords I would be nerfed thoguh not as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.