• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Note

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Jul 09 19:22 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

We are still working hard on getting our publish finished. Next week we will be putting out a Publish and Patch to TC1. Due to an outstanding migration issue you may experience some cliloc errors, these will be fixed before we go world wide. You will be able to check out the following:

Completed Systems:

Global Loot
Clean up Britannia additions
Traders Quest

Systems still in progress:

Vice vs Virtue - Players will see this on TC1
New UI

In progress for 86
17th Anniversary Items!! (of course I am going to be evil and not tell you)

I do want to address one issue that has come up though. If you reforge or alter an Event Moderator item in any way it may change the name of said item. We will not change it back.! So please know this before you start reforging items.

Thanks Everyone!

Mesanna

Continue reading...

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you reforge or alter an Event Moderator item in any way it may change the name of said item. We will not change it back.! So please know this before you start reforging items.
Sorry, but that's just garbage lol. Item damaged due to bug, but you won't be helped if it does break. Nice. Support for this game is seriously lame.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So we will get a peek at the new UI?! cool

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, tell us what we can make mad bank on in a few weeks

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, item damaged due to the actions of a player. Not a bug.
If I damage my car by putting the wrong fuel in it would you class that as a 'bug' too?
No, but how would you like it if you were then told no-one's gonna fix it for you and you have to essentially scrap your car? Furthermore, it's now impossible to fit an incorrect nozzle into some modern cars these days. It's called improving the user experience where possible for the best experience rather than just blaming the user and calling it a day. If something can be improved, it should be. Blaming the user, even if justified, is a cop out. One should always be receptive to making improvements even if it constitutes having to protect the user from themselves. :p

My point is, there should be sufficient server-side logs which allow GMs to assist players with reverting items if something happens to them. Or they shouldn't be adjustable in the first place to prevent it happening. I wouldn't say it was obvious that an item lost its name if it were reforged personally. It would also help in many other situations too.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great update looking forward to publish!

Thanks for this ongoing communication from the producers it is a great bonus!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda nice to see. I'd rather them get the completed systems published to all shards early than have to wait on VvV and the new UI and anniversary items (which we're 2 months out anyway) but oh well.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, but how would you like it if you were then told no-one's gonna fix it for you and you have to essentially scrap your car? Furthermore, it's now impossible to fit an incorrect nozzle into some modern cars these days. It's called improving the user experience where possible for the best experience rather than just blaming the user and calling it a day. If something can be improved, it should be. Blaming the user, even if justified, is a cop out. One should always be receptive to making improvements even if it constitutes having to protect the user from themselves. :p

My point is, there should be sufficient server-side logs which allow GMs to assist players with reverting items if something happens to them. Or they shouldn't be adjustable in the first place to prevent it happening. I wouldn't say it was obvious that an item lost its name if it were reforged personally. It would also help in many other situations too.
Hey speaking of which when are you going to fix that bug I told you about on Neoseeker like... a year ago?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes, tell us what we can make mad bank on in a few weeks
My thought process was more along the lines of: "Do I need to get the items for my player event NOW or can I wait a bit?"

But point taken.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thought process was more along the lines of: "Do I need to get the items for my player event NOW or can I wait a bit?"

But point taken.
I was not insincere.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Price of gold has been collapsing with vast stores being flooded onto the market from leaving players. From the looks of it, some of these players were key stakeholder with 10-20+ accounts each. Are we entering the final stretch for this game? By all accounts, it appears Broadsword is more focused on DAoC sooo....

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DAoC is a pretty cool game, it wouldn't be the end of the world to go back to it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it vice vrs virtue or virtue vrs vice?

Please make this a success. Honestly im nervous to see it on test center just in case it turns out to be horrible becuase its the only thing on the table currently to attempt to save the games integrity.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, item damaged due to the actions of a player. Not a bug.
If I damage my car by putting the wrong fuel in it would you class that as a 'bug' too?
do you agree that things like this should be posted somewhere tho (no i dont mean stratics) a red warning in the reforge gump would make sense. Most players wouldnt realize that reforging something would change the name.

btw things were left out. not just reforging, but also enhancing reverts item name to base. like when you enhance an orc chieftan helm with barbed its just "orc helm"
I dont see how casual players would know this, and the majority of UO players are casual.

That being said, i like that theres an element of risk with UO still. a bit of unknown. you could find a feature and make billions before its changed, or try something else and ruin a good item. Both ways youll find no influence from GMs the majority of the time.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you agree that things like this should be posted somewhere tho (no i dont mean stratics) a red warning in the reforge gump would make sense. Most players wouldnt realize that reforging something would change the name.

btw things were left out. not just reforging, but also enhancing reverts item name to base. like when you enhance an orc chieftan helm with barbed its just "orc helm"
I dont see how casual players would know this, and the majority of UO players are casual.

That being said, i like that theres an element of risk with UO still. a bit of unknown. you could find a feature and make billions before its changed, or try something else and ruin a good item. Both ways youll find no influence from GMs the majority of the time.
I saw it said better on another forum, but you can't blame the player for the mistake when you've outsourced all game manual type information to 3rd party fan sites such as Stratics and UOGuide.

T

Tazar

It is common sense to me. You had an item. You decided to change that item. You no longer have the item that you had. How is this the Dev's fault? How would you expect someone to fix it at that point? You changed it. It was an item with a special name or color, etc. Now it is an item with special properties that you added. It's one or the other... do you really expect to have your cake and eat it too?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw it said better on another forum, but you can't blame the player for the mistake when you've outsourced all game manual type information to 3rd party fan sites such as Stratics and UOGuide.
Doesn't anyone in power realize, not everyone who plays, reads UHall? And lots of people no longer pay attention to the login splash, since we got so used to it being months out of date at a time.

Why not just make it where the system wont reforge said items, or they cannot be altered. There are lots of things ingame that I get that message for. Otherwise , at least put in a warning gump for the ones who play and dont sift thru pages of posts to find the information, and usually it's too late by then.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice update... just lacking one tiny thing IMO. Still, steps forward and kudos to the Team for that.

As for the event item reforge thing, I would say THAT IS YOUR WARNING.

Besides, I thought collectors already knew that tings are better in their original condition :p

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't anyone in power realize, not everyone who plays, reads UHall? And lots of people no longer pay attention to the login splash, since we got so used to it being months out of date at a time.
Nope. I think the dev team has become way too comfortable in it's cocoon here.

Why not just make it where the system wont reforge said items, or they cannot be altered. There are lots of things ingame that I get that message for. Otherwise , at least put in a warning gump for the ones who play and dont sift thru pages of posts to find the information, and usually it's too late by then.
That would be too simple of a solution.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You know... that only makes sense...
*taps his pipe against the bottom of his boot and prepares another bowl*

You mean it's "Common Sense"

*takes an ember from the fire to light his fresh pipe*

Puff Puff

*raises a glass of good old Moonglow Red in salute towards your direction*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that i think about it, the refoging thing is wrong, misleading at least.

mASK.png

Items DO NOT lose title with a basic reforge
they DO lose title / revert to base item title if you add prefix/suffix reforge

so if you want to keep your event item name, you can still reforge, just cant choose the properties as well. have to do totally random.

i dont see how anyone could argue that this would be intuitive knowledge to a casual player

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice update... just lacking one tiny thing IMO. Still, steps forward and kudos to the Team for that.

As for the event item reforge thing, I would say THAT IS YOUR WARNING.

Besides, I thought collectors already knew that tings are better in their original condition :p
many collectors, including myself, like to imbue or reforge lower end event items. its a shame that some event items now are unable to be imbued, as they would be nice items to use.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The wording states "reforge or alter", nothing about imbuing, I'm guessing because the other two re-rolls mods? Not sure, I've played only with imbuing, not the other two systems. So I'm guessing that imbuing might be safe.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Stop doing that.

Changing EM drops that is.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Faction removal will not be part of the first VvV release on TC1.

I know that is huge. I just wish it could happen quickly.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
OK... *grumbles*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the communication! Can't mention enough how important that is and how much it is appreciated.

Please consider feedback as well. Remember we love the game too!

@Mesanna I was wondering if perhaps we could hear about how the update is coming along with the higher resolution? Still working on it?

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a solution with the bug of items losing their ID's? Im not asking about to fix it right now, but at least a solution with those items that already have the bug ( i still have around 200+ items i cant sell from europa rares fest ....).

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a solution with the bug of items losing their ID's? Im not asking about to fix it right now, but at least a solution with those items that already have the bug ( i still have around 200+ items i cant sell from europa rares fest ....).
it would be nice to have an update. its been touched upon before at meet and greets, mesanna told people to email her. i cant imagine her personally fixing everyones items, but thats the solution for now.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about sorting out the account management?? I see so many posts complaining about this you would of think this would be a top priority. After all its what brings in the $$$ or in most cases people want to pay but aren't able to.

"Fix account management? - nah, lets make a traders quest instead"

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Fix account management? - nah, lets make a traders quest instead"
not fair. The dev team can only do what is within their power to do. Account management has always been a seperate entity to game development.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Jul 10 18:21 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

We are still working hard on getting our publish finished. Next week we will be putting out a Publish and Patch to TC1. Due to an outstanding migration issue you may experience some cliloc errors, these will be fixed before we go world wide. You will be able to check out the following:

Completed Systems:

Global Loot
Clean up Britannia additions
Traders Quest

Systems still in progress:

Vice vs Virtue - Players will see this on TC1
New UI

In progress for 86
17th Anniversary Items!! (of course I am going to be evil and not tell you)

I do want to address one issue that has come up though. If you reforge or alter an Event Moderator item in any way it may change the name of said item. We will not change it back.! So please know this before you start reforging items

Thanks!

Mesanna

皆さん こんにちは

私達はパブリッシュに向けてまだ取り組みを続けています。来週にはパッチをしてTC1で発表します、傑出した移行問題が原因によりClilocエラーが生じる恐れがありますが本パブリッシュ前に修正します。次にあげる項目を確認する事ができます。

完了したシステム:

グローバルルート

クリーンアップブリタニアの追加項目

トレーダー(貿易)クエスト

進行中のシステム:

徳V悪徳システム- プレイヤーはTC1でこれを見る事ができます

新しいUI

進行中のパブリッシュ86

17周年記念のアイテム!!(勿論 意地悪して教えないけど)

1つ挙がっている問題として、EMアイテムを造り直したり変更したりすると名前が変わる事がありますがそれを私達が元に戻

す事はしませんのでそれらを造り直す時にはこの事を覚えておいて下さい。

Continue reading...