• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Note

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chances the brain worms I was planting in the last producer's letter thread about the new loot system, particularly regarding monster strength and New Haven style bosses, took root at all?

-Galen's player

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, item damaged due to the actions of a player. Not a bug.
If I damage my car by putting the wrong fuel in it would you class that as a 'bug' too?
No, unless the information re NOT fixing anything altered is on the log in screen as a warning to ALL <----------------- SEE THAT, players then it is NOT a warning, so it IS a bug. If you don't read stratics, yet again, you don't get the information.

If there is no sign on the fuel pump and you put in the wrong fuel because you couldn't tell what fuel was what then YES it is a bug.

When will this game ever get the idea that ANYTHING that all players should know should be either on the log in screen or at worst on UO.com as a player warning.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any chances the brain worms I was planting in the last producer's letter thread about the new loot system, particularly regarding monster strength and New Haven style bosses, took root at all?

-Galen's player
We didn't change anything about what loot dropped off any given mob, that's all the same. For example if a mob dropped ML weapons previously, it still drops ML weapons. What we did do, was adjust how properties were applied to those items as well as rework how negative properties played into loot generation. We didn't adjust overall creature strength and mobs strength will remain as is. We look forward to everyone's feedback once the new loot hits TC1!

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We didn't change anything about what loot dropped off any given mob, that's all the same. For example if a mob dropped ML weapons previously, it still drops ML weapons. What we did do, was adjust how properties were applied to those items as well as rework how negative properties played into loot generation. We didn't adjust overall creature strength and mobs strength will remain as is. We look forward to everyone's feedback once the new loot hits TC1!
Will loot from SOS and T-maps also be updated with this patch?

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
SOS, treasure maps, dungeon chests, quest rewards. If during your adventures on TC1 you find loot that has no magical properties, be sure to let us know!
Legendary items? :D

Any insight onto how intensities will work for SOS or T-maps --- I.E --- Fame and Luck is a contributor to intensities for Shame loot.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah. That's quite the shame. Thank you, though, for replying.

-Galen's player

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's too bad because getting Elven stuff that's decent is next to impossible and since the stuff that drops in SoS's and stuff is all "human" only it's a shame...

If I want Tokuno like stuff I can dig chests in Tokuno.... if I want Gargish stuff I can dig them in Ter Mur.... and if I want human crap I can go anywhere in any number of area's to get it.... but elven stuff... not so much.

Why can't the SoS stuff be random? We have Gargish ships now on the waters, Tokuno ships on the waters..... What about Elven ships? And can't they all drop loot so you could randomly find an SoS that is full of Gargish stuff, and the next one might be full of Elven stuff and then the next maybe even Orcish style stuff..... Human, Tokuno...... etc. Would be nice.

Would also be nice if you added a few new things.

Also the BoD system is in DIRE need of an update....

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's too bad because getting Elven stuff that's decent is next to impossible and since the stuff that drops in SoS's and stuff is all "human" only it's a shame...

If I want Tokuno like stuff I can dig chests in Tokuno.... if I want Gargish stuff I can dig them in Ter Mur.... and if I want human crap I can go anywhere in any number of area's to get it.... but elven stuff... not so much.

Why can't the SoS stuff be random? We have Gargish ships now on the waters, Tokuno ships on the waters..... What about Elven ships? And can't they all drop loot so you could randomly find an SoS that is full of Gargish stuff, and the next one might be full of Elven stuff and then the next maybe even Orcish style stuff..... Human, Tokuno...... etc. Would be nice.

Really? You expect them to think about this stuff? I'm sorry, but this is amateur hour, and the response on this thread is proof. New loot system 'completed' without taking into account any suggestions from players? Revamping something that is going to affect everyone doesn't require any player input on a dev team full of people that don't really play this game? Crazy! Trade quests are already considered 'completed'? Really? Has anyone bothered to run by the trainwreck that is the Governor's Forum? Everything on that forum, ignored. Then, they introduce a completely new system without even bothering to ask the current guvs for suggestions, pros, or cons? I'm sorry, but all indications point to us dealing with a JV team.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, unless the information re NOT fixing anything altered is on the log in screen as a warning to ALL <----------------- SEE THAT, players then it is NOT a warning, so it IS a bug. If you don't read stratics, yet again, you don't get the information.

If there is no sign on the fuel pump and you put in the wrong fuel because you couldn't tell what fuel was what then YES it is a bug.

When will this game ever get the idea that ANYTHING that all players should know should be either on the log in screen or at worst on UO.com as a player warning.
Of course they aren't going to think it is a bug CAUSE EVERYONE THAT PLAYS UO MUST OBVIOUSLY BE READING STRATICS!!!!!!!11111

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Eleven items will still drop off mobs that have the ML loot packages, and there are quite a few. Will also have a look to see about eleven items showing up elsewhere in sufficient supply.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eleven items will still drop off mobs that have the ML loot packages, and there are quite a few. Will also have a look to see about eleven items showing up elsewhere in sufficient supply.
Malas maps would seem to be a possible solution. They already spawn ML mobs such as Minotaurs. So - human items in Tram and Fel, Elven items in Malas, Samurai items in Tokuno, Gargoyle items in Ter Mur?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Elven items have NEVER been in sufficient supply. There are hardly any ML area's. A few small dungeon area's that often have either far too much spawn to really hunt in... nothing worth hunting..... are overly camped..... (ie Miasma)..... are not good places for folk of low karma... or have mobs that are just not worth killing I don't care what you put on them.

Lets also not forget that 99% of sea creatures have next to nothing on them are and not worth killing. Ever loot a sea serpent? How about a Kraken or Leviathan? Water ele? What is the point? a tiny bit of gold and maybe 1 other extremely low quality item.... if you are lucky. Hell even Scalis has garbage for loot and the drop rate of anything of value or decent is sooooo overly small that it's nearly impossible to interest anyone in doing them. Even deep sea serpents have crap loot. The only thing worth going out to sea for is the chests... and at 120 fishing even those are lame. Doing the quests for fishing is so borked. Fishing is broken with the overly extremely low help you get from the fishing suit and even using the suit with bait it's so borked and the bonus is so overly miniscule that you may as well not even bother it's a waste of time and resources.

And as Galen was so kind to point out you could care less about player input on what exactly needed help, change or updating.

*sighs* I can only say that I seriously hope that you are getting advice from folk who actually DO PvP and DO actually enjoy PvP and would actually CARE about Virtue vs Vice and will actually be IN this system daily in your wiping of the totally ruined Faction system to build a system for folk who play to PvP. Because at this point I don't see a very bright future for UO right now infact if I had shades on... I'd be totally blind right now. But then I guess you don't listen to actual Governors who do care about that system so why would I hope to shout you'd listen to PvPer's to revamp that system.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm confused. Can't elves wear human items?

A crafting ability to change items would solve all of this though. We can already change human gear to gargoyle (but not back), so why not an ability to change to elvish? Better yet, the ability to change any item to a different physical appearance of the same type item. (Like the Blackthorn artifacts... you can choose the same stats on a hooded robe, a robe, a plain dress, and so on... so why not expand on that idea?) It would be nice to be able to customize your character better without sacrificing stats/needed gear.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep in mind that global shame loot is a pretty huge stat inflation to the gear system. monsters are going to be made harder in a year or so. as it is, most serious players have no trouble soloing all content in the game (a few take 2 people, like Exodus)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whose luck? Cartographer only? Random member of the cartographer's party? The person who opens the chest?

When does the luck check happen? When the chest is dug up? When the chest is opened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Predator

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Whose luck? Cartographer only? Random member of the cartographer's party? The person who opens the chest?

When does the luck check happen? When the chest is dug up? When the chest is opened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must of been reading my mind, thought about that and came back on to post the same question....thanks for taking the lead. :D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I always appreciate the updates. especially when they know no matter what they do some folks are gonna pancake.

As far as the event items thing, I honestly wouldn't want it if someone has messed with it. I really do want it in original condition, lol. I very rarely buy any item that I can't use POF on or repair either for that matter. Stuff seems to wear out a little to quick for me in general to make it worth it.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.team keep it up. look forward to changes and the test faze ...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Luck and chest level are factors in property generation.
Whose luck though? The luck of the cartographer, digger, fisher, unlocker...?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whose luck though? The luck of the cartographer, digger, fisher, unlocker...?
They already answered that.

Wow some of you pancake way too much. Most of the stuff Governors complain about is frivolous and stupid, hence no reply. As for the global loot changes, it is a much needed change. We arent in 1999 anymore, the loot on 99% of mobs is COMPLETELY useless in today's UO.

The crowd saying "They arent taking player feedback!" realize they are putting this on TC for a reason right? Kyronix event promptly replied to the elven items complaint (LoL) and said they would look into improving their supply.

Jesus Christ.

"Wah wah, none of these monsters have good loot and I will NEVER check them!" - ISN'T THAT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE LOOT REVAMP?! So now there will actually be USABLE or GOOD loot on these mobs?

T

Tazar

I think you and I usually see eye to eye on most things, but not in this case. To list "Anything that all players should know should be either on the log in screen..." would mean that we need a 500+ page notice to even begin to document everything - and no one would ever read that...

This is a common sense issue. The player wanted the item changed and they changed it - and now they complain that it is changed. ??? All I can say is "nice try" and quit complaining about the issue you created.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, heck... I will have to rebuild my t-hunter suit to include luck on it. :p

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Or, presumably, the fisher?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like Petra's idea about each facit taking on the armor and weapons of that land.. but Id like to add in a adenda.
Add in the Resources also for that land as well... this would be a great add in for ml sutff that has become almost impossible to get on smaller population shards by non pvm players.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm looking forward to revisiting some of my old hunting grounds. Thanks for the loot revamp.

Did you change the way the mod groups work or make it so you can get single mod items rarely with max intensity?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you and I usually see eye to eye on most things, but not in this case. To list "Anything that all players should know should be either on the log in screen..." would mean that we need a 500+ page notice to even begin to document everything - and no one would ever read that...

This is a common sense issue. The player wanted the item changed and they changed it - and now they complain that it is changed. ??? All I can say is "nice try" and quit complaining about the issue you created.
I agree that not everything in UO should or could be spelled out (which is why i oppose some of the proposed features of Pincos new integrated UI)
I also agree that this case is very confusing, but have no sympathy for those who lost the names of items. they could have tested it on test center.
Reforge an item without prefix / suffix. Keep the name
Reforge an item with a prefix / suffix. Lose the name
I could see where there would be confusion that it loses the name by reforging one way, but keeps the name by reforging another way.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking forward to revisiting some of my old hunting grounds. Thanks for the loot revamp.

Did you change the way the mod groups work or make it so you can get single mod items rarely with max intensity?
I really hope they did something for the jewelry since there is no way to reforge things like rings, bracelets and necklaces.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really appreciate the communication we've been seeing lately. A note from Mesanna and some follow up detail from Kyronix a few times a month is exactly the "keeping us in the loop" that folks have asked for.
Regarding this super awesome loot revamp, I wonder if thought has been given to mobs in Fel having a small bump to loot intensity/quality, in line with the "risk vs reward" philosophy?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really appreciate the communication we've been seeing lately. A note from Mesanna and some follow up detail from Kyronix a few times a month is exactly the "keeping us in the loop" that folks have asked for.
Regarding this super awesome loot revamp, I wonder if thought has been given to mobs in Fel having a small bump to loot intensity/quality, in line with the "risk vs reward" philosophy?
Fel is the place to be! You get a big luck boost just for being in Fel on top of whatever you are carrying on your suit.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow some of you pancake way too much. Most of the stuff Governors complain about is frivolous and stupid, hence no reply.
There have been a lot of good ideas from that forum. From ways to solve funding problems for the smaller shards to be able to tell who the incumbent is versus a fraudulent impostor during an election to reduce griefer power (which burned precious Atlantic this time around which means they may circle back on it). Sure, there is some BS on there about Britain jails and some other dumb junk, but there has been a willing group there ready to work and help them create a better system that encourages shard involvement.

As for the global loot changes, it is a much needed change. We arent in 1999 anymore, the loot on 99% of mobs is COMPLETELY useless in today's UO.
Uh, yeah, it isn't 1999 anymore. It's 2014 and people have only been asking for this for how many years?

The crowd saying "They arent taking player feedback!" realize they are putting this on TC for a reason right? Kyronix event promptly replied to the elven items complaint (LoL) and said they would look into improving their supply.
The fact that a change which should have a huge affect on the game was put to Test Center before really going over it with the player base is horrible. The team should have been pulling some of the best tram pve and fel champ spawn guilds from a couple of shards into a conversation about what they think would make a difference. The devs wouldn't have to listen to them on everything, but pull a few nuggets and then form their vision. This is how a lot of other games have become successful or maintained their success. Then you go to TC for testing. The truth is, and we all know, that once most systems have gotten to TC, they were for the most part essentially done with only small tweaks. A dev team filled with many who hardly or don't even play the game at all making decisions on an important issue without working with the community on a game this old could be just another nail in the coffin.

Jesus Christ.
booooo... hissssss

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is the place to be! You get a big luck boost just for being in Fel on top of whatever you are carrying on your suit.

I've long-said that the loot's better in Felucca and oftentimes I'm insulted for saying it by those who insist Fel perpetually is shafted.

So thank you not only for confirming I've been right all along but also hinting at least one of the means by which this occurs.

-Galen's player

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh, yeah, it isn't 1999 anymore. It's 2014 and people have only been asking for this for how many years?
Yea, and how many years have we had Broadsword, a company actually focused on giving the Devs resources and time to fix, improve, and continue the games life?

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, and how many years have we had Broadsword, a company actually focused on giving the Devs resources and time to fix, improve, and continue the games life?
They've been working on this since before they became Broadsword.

If I am right, I am pretty sure we haven't received a completely new or even partially new dev team with Broadsword... isn't it the same people working on the game as before? What changed? The name did, that is all we can say for sure. Same people, different brand name.

They have to learn from past mistakes or the game won't last another five years. You accuse everyone who isn't living in fantasy happy land of just being wah-wahs. Truth is, most of them are just very passionate about this game because they are heavily invested in it and want to see it continue to go on and succeed.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, heck... I will have to rebuild my t-hunter suit to include luck on it. :p
Not rebuild, just supplement. Carry a luck suit and swap it out with a dress macro right before opening the chest, then swap back to your regular suit with another dress macro (same technique for killing EVs in Shame, swap just before the final few blows). That way you don't have to sacrifice any attributes on your regular suit.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not rebuild, just supplement. Carry a luck suit and swap it out with a dress macro right before opening the chest, then swap back to your regular suit with another dress macro (same technique for killing EVs in Shame, swap just before the final few blows). That way you don't have to sacrifice any attributes on your regular suit.
I am way too lazy to do that. :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOS, treasure maps, dungeon chests, quest rewards. If during your adventures on TC1 you find loot that has no magical properties, be sure to let us know!
Do the chests below Gravewater lake get a "Upgrade" as well , so its not just gems? Or give us thiefs a chance to steal the marble chests. :D

Last edited:

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Game
2014 Jul 09 19:22 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

We are still working hard on getting our publish finished. Next week we will be putting out a Publish and Patch to TC1. Due to an outstanding migration issue you may experience some cliloc errors, these will be fixed before we go world wide. You will be able to check out the following:

Completed Systems:

Global Loot
Clean up Britannia additions
Traders Quest

Systems still in progress:

Vice vs Virtue - Players will see this on TC1
New UI

In progress for 86
17th Anniversary Items!! (of course I am going to be evil and not tell you)

I do want to address one issue that has come up though. If you reforge or alter an Event Moderator item in any way it may change the name of said item. We will not change it back.! So please know this before you start reforging items.

Thanks Everyone!

Mesanna

Continue reading...
Again, right direction. For 17th year vet reward: how about a saddle for greater dragons? (credit to Pimpin [KNOB] for this idea)

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for those of us who are luck whor....... well luck people, what is the EXACT luck boost for being in fel?
hmmmmmm?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for those of us who are luck whor....... well luck people, what is the EXACT luck boost for being in fel?
hmmmmmm?
Visit Felucca and you will get a boost to the base budget of items run through property generation AND a boost to the budget bonus to items run through property generation, but wait! There's more! Come to Felucca today and you get a 1000 point luck boost on top of whatever luck you are carrying on your suit! :p