• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Producer Note

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Visit Felucca and you will get a boost to the base budget of items run through property generation AND a boost to the budget bonus to items run through property generation, but wait! There's more! Come to Felucca today and you get a 1000 point luck boost on top of whatever luck you are carrying on your suit! :p
is it wrong that my nipples are hard?
(Joy-gasm!)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Visit Felucca and you will get a boost to the base budget of items run through property generation AND a boost to the budget bonus to items run through property generation, but wait! There's more! Come to Felucca today and you get a 1000 point luck boost on top of whatever luck you are carrying on your suit! :p
Is this a new change or has this been in effect for some time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You almost had me Kryonix, if you'd have thrown in a free onion or used Felucca to cut open a tin can and then shown me how easily it still slices a tomato, I would have been in :D

On a serious note, thank you for breaking down the details on the Felucca bonus. It's appreciated.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is how it currently works on production. Been that way for a while.
Great! Can't wait to see what loot we can get off Fel Champ Spawn bosses in Pub 86.

Did you make any changes to the new loot property groups? Will it once again be able to get, for example, a ring/brace with only MR 4 or only 10 SSI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix - Will the Heartwod quests (or more generically all of the ML quests) be included in the upcoming global loot changes? I am not asking about the chances to receive a runic tool, just the items given out.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix - Will the Heartwod quests (or more generically all of the ML quests) be included in the upcoming global loot changes? I am not asking about the chances to receive a runic tool, just the items given out.
They should be. Anything that used to have a chance to reward you with a random magical item, will continue to draw from the same list of items - however they will now have the improved loot property generation run on them. These are not effected by luck.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should be. Anything that used to have a chance to reward you with a random magical item, will continue to draw from the same list of items - however they will now have the improved loot property generation run on them. These are not effected by luck.
Since they are not effected by luck, do they use a "default" luck value for the improved loot property generation roll, or are they generated at zero luck? I have hunted in the re-vamped dungeons, having even a modest amount of luck is quite a difference than having zero luck. If there is no "default" value and you choose to add one, then I suggest using 240 Luck, which equates to 6 pieces of spined/gold armor. It is an achievable luck value for any character.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eleven items will still drop off mobs that have the ML loot packages, and there are quite a few. Will also have a look to see about eleven items showing up elsewhere in sufficient supply.
To my mind, this means that ML bosses just became worth doing again. And that makes me happy!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ML bosses ... I have almost only seen them at events - with a hard time to find the corpse under a stack of corpses (if it was clickable at all) and not enough time to sift through the loot before it decayed.
So what is the sense of these ultra rich loot backpacks?

Dungeon chests don't have a digger, but Remove Traps and skill in Lockpicking may play a role here. Since the increased difficulty in lockpicking I break a lot of picks even at GM on a level 3 dungeon chest, before never on a level 4 without any improvements in the result (and no, I do not wish to acquire skeleton keys, better give me a 120 Lockpicking scroll to match my style). So when is the loot and its properties for these chests generated - at spawn, at removing the trap, at picking - and can it be affected by the player at all?

*Salute*
Olahorand

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ML bosses ... I have almost only seen them at events - with a hard time to find the corpse under a stack of corpses (if it was clickable at all) and not enough time to sift through the loot before it decayed.
So what is the sense of these ultra rich loot backpacks?
ML Bosses (a.k.a Peerless Monsters) are found throughout the game, not just at EM events. They can be hunted at any time with a group or even by yourself (there are several strategies for solo hunting in the Warrior Forum). In addition to the bosses, there were several named ML monsters introduced with Mondain's Legacy, which are tougher than their unnamed counterparts and provide rewards commensurate with their difficulty. Here is a list of the monsters introduced with ML: Mondain's Legacy Monsters.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if we can have some kind of an update on the recreation of MyUO. What information will be available on characters and guilds in the new system?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ML Bosses (a.k.a Peerless Monsters) are found throughout the game, not just at EM events. They can be hunted at any time with a group or even by yourself (there are several strategies for solo hunting in the Warrior Forum). In addition to the bosses, there were several named ML monsters introduced with Mondain's Legacy, which are tougher than their unnamed counterparts and provide rewards commensurate with their difficulty. Here is a list of the monsters introduced with ML: Mondain's Legacy Monsters.
Better loot from miasmas? I love it :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, but how would you like it if you were then told no-one's gonna fix it for you and you have to essentially scrap your car? Furthermore, it's now impossible to fit an incorrect nozzle into some modern cars these days. It's called improving the user experience where possible for the best experience rather than just blaming the user and calling it a day. If something can be improved, it should be. Blaming the user, even if justified, is a cop out. One should always be receptive to making improvements even if it constitutes having to protect the user from themselves. :p

My point is, there should be sufficient server-side logs which allow GMs to assist players with reverting items if something happens to them. Or they shouldn't be adjustable in the first place to prevent it happening. I wouldn't say it was obvious that an item lost its name if it were reforged personally. It would also help in many other situations too.
The problem is that most EM items are just renamed normal items. All the data characteristics are the same as the original item, but the name. An examples are the Easter Eggs. They are just dyed and renamed lemons.

Given how the reforge system works, I wouldn't be surprised if it destroyed the old item and created a new one, based off the items number, not it's title. That is why you would lose what it was renamed to. Also, which is make it a whole lot of damn work to try and track down the correct item. For all they know, you are just saying it was the item in question.

You cannot revert an item that was destroyed. And it would be near impossible to tell if the item you want renamed was the one you handed them. Say you reforged the 'Gleaming Katana of Lord British'. It didn't turn out the way you wanted, so you quickly reforge 10 others. Or you reforge it in the middle of doing 20. There is no way for a GM to know which one was the one you reforged. There would be a chance if you had the unique ID number of the item in question. But even then, it would take tracking it down, seeing what it became and then making sure you were handing them the correct item.

That is just too much to ask for.... if you are willing to risk an EM item and reforge it, you deserve what you end up with.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember thinking the same thing when folks advocated poisoning the dates that were first Christmas gifts, and enhancing ranger or demon bone armor when enhancing first became available.