• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threadzilla!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know what I find funny.....I am doing some research on the monsters in UO....kind of writing up training books...or..resource books...on every monster in UO...and looking at some of the descriptions...well I wasn't around back in the day...but take current monsters...like..our friend the Deamon...

Now when we think of Deamons..what is the first thing that pops into our heads?

Check this discription out from...gosh who knows how long ago...it would make a body DEATHLY afraid to come across one...

Description:
No purer manifestation of primal evil exists than the hideous daemon, a denizen of the dark and infernal planes brought to these shores by the most vile wizardries. Only the greatest of heroes have ever vanquished a daemon in single combat, and even a group of valiant warriors must be mighty indeed to survive an encounter with such a fiend.

Daemons are rapacious, and find man-flesh as good as any other meat. They also have a great love for gold, and will hoard it when they can. When not about their business of bloody deeds and diabolic mischief, they prefer to sojourn in caverns below the ground. They are especially thick in the deepest recesses of the legendary dungeons, where they combat invaders from the surface with their wits, their strength, and their magic. Daemon’s bones are greatly prized as magical talismans of rare potency, if a warrior survives long enough to bring them forth from bloody combat.

Taken from the UO Beastiary

How times have changed...huh?

G

I liked the old t2a manual descriptions e.g. :

Serpent (Sea)
Habitat: Ocean
Seeks Out: Ships
Diet: Carnivorous
Size: Large.

Alligator
Habitat: Swamp
Seeks out: Rotting Logs (?!)
Size: Medium

Bear (Grizzly)
Habitat: Forest
Seeks out: Honey
Diet: Omnivorous

I guess this goes back to when all spawn was planned to have its own needs it would try and fulfil, but at the time being a total newb I didn't know it wasn't actually true, and really imagined when I came across different animals they would really be looking for certain things and so on. Bit of a shame really, it would have been a nice touch.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WEEEEEEEEE! Im posting in the Threadzilla!

UO rules

Buttons arn't toys

Nerf NOTHING!

Dont feed Da Bears!

yea im still alive

Bring on KR

woot

Its Friday

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Now when we think of Deamons..what is the first thing that pops into our heads?

[/ QUOTE ]

FreeBSD! Wish they'd port UO to it...

G

At this point, I think the best improvement EA could do for UO would be better in-game customer service...

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

I liked the old t2a manual descriptions e.g. :

Serpent (Sea)
Habitat: Ocean
Seeks Out: Ships

Alligator
Habitat: Swamp
Seeks out: Rotting Logs (?!)
Size: Medium

Bear (Grizzly)
Habitat: Forest
Seeks out: Honey
Diet: Omnivorous

I guess this goes back to when all spawn was planned to have its own needs it would try and fulfil, but at the time being a total newb I didn't know it wasn't actually true, and really imagined when I came across different animals they would really be looking for certain things and so on. Bit of a shame really, it would have been a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true.

I remember reading in a gaming magazine, before I started playing, about how Dragons that normally lived in the mountains would begin expanding their territory if hunters started bringing the local deer population down.

I told my friends this, they all thought it was amazing.

C

CatHat

*counts*
+3

-------------------------

Heh - this thread is kinda like a powerscroll to our post count isn't it

Cathat

S

Sergul'zan_SP

My postcount can be written in the form Ax+b, where a and b are positive integers.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

My postcount can be written in the form Ax+b, where a and b are positive integers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The derivative of Ax + b is A.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
AHhhhhhhhhh Malice....that cat SCARES ME!!!!

*runs and hides*

(+....*counts on fingers* shoot...I'm so bad at math...POWERSCROLL POSTING!)

M

MagrothPac

My favorite screen I took during Shard of the Dead 2.
Post count +1!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The derivative of Ax + b is A.

[/ QUOTE ]

The indefinite integral is (Ax^2)/2 + bx + C.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]The derivative of Ax + b is A.

[/ QUOTE ]The indefinite integral is (Ax^2)/2 + bx + C.

[/ QUOTE ]My head just exploded.

C

CursedPoet

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Elven hairstyles are made of washed cats!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Where did EA's definition of elves come from anyways? I know Tolkien didn't have neon hair in any of his books....

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well elves are smart creatures maybe they figured out how to combine bleach with pigments to create neon hairdyes. oh yeah btw,+1 to post count

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
U ltimatly the best game...
L ive as though
T omorrow won't come.
I ntense battles....a
M ultitude of quests....
A day is not like any other.

O pen your mind....live in a fantasy.
N ever have you experianced anything
L ike this. Challenges galore,
I ntimate moments with the most fearsome beasts.
N ightmares, Dragons..liches....
E ternally yours...

Ultima Online.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where did EA's definition of elves come from anyways? I know Tolkien didn't have neon hair in any of his books....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Tolkeinian elves never really glowed in a black-light.

Just for fun.. who is described thusly by Tokein?

"Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of the stars was in her bright eyes..."

G

*RTLFC*

"I hear nothinks! I see nothinks! I know nothinks! Frenchie... pass the strudel!"

<center>
</center>

What this post has to do with UO U.Hall? You'll just have to interpet that for yourself!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

My guess would be Arwen...although I haven't read the books recently. I probably need to get on that...one must read the Silmarillion/Hobbit/LOTR series at least twice a year in order to maintain optimal health.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Photo time with Sneaky!!

My main red waiting for santa...

Most of you wont get this, and I cant explain it for fear of turning this into a flame thread...but heres a nice little piccy hehehe...

Ok kiddies...what happens when you mix poison fields, wither spam, lots of players and a tight enclosed space?

Kickin my heals up at Barra's house...

Some weird test center event.

The Fall of Morissa event on Oceania a long while ago...

Seriously how many times does this spawn get done?

Jahira and my ingame wedding awhile ago...

Jah, Sneaky and Cerulan (one of Oce's EMs).

And finally...

The wonder of the sea walking ki-rin!!

I

imported_JediSith

new UO:KR flying carpet we hope....

the infection is speading even to our em's

Oceania Civil War

the secret of george bush

Poor cathat partied to hard after the UO:KR release...

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Damn, I didn't know George W. had the one ring. I thought it was consumed in the fires of Mount Doom...this changes everything!

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

how to use ms paint

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI Paint only saves in bitmap format (at least my version does anyway) which are typically a lot larger, and of poorer quality than JPEG file types. Windows imaging however is fine for "pasting" in screen shots (using print screen button) and saving them as JPEG files.

I assume when you linked to Google you were referring to the fact that there is a lot of "fat" (white unused space under the image, but still part of the image) in some of the screen shots. This is due to me saving the original screen shot in Paint as a BMP file and then later converting them into JPEG using Windows Imaging and not realizing that the fat was actually there until I uploaded the images. Yes that fat can be removed, but why would I bother? Does it really matter? That would mean editing each image then re-uploading it.

In short, I have a lot more important things in life and UO to do than edit and re-upload a couple of screen shots JUST because they are a little to big.

this might help you tho, good luck

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFLMAO, your a classic Que

btw, ive still kept all my piccies of our wedding, ive got them in a file called "Sneaky and Jah's wedding album"

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hi Sneaky Que,
<blockquote><hr>

this might help you tho, good luck

[/ QUOTE ]Good comeback. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

ROFLMAO, your a classic Que

btw, ive still kept all my piccies of our wedding, ive got them in a file called "Sneaky and Jah's wedding album"

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe twas a good day!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

There is actually a way to get paint to support the JPEG image format. I believe that support comes with a Microsoft Office installation. Not that I'm recommending you pay way too much for substandard software...but it can be done.

Bring back Tents!

M

Morg_SP

Using this pic as a guide, does that make Hillary = Jabba the Hut?

Morg_SP

G

Here's a guy who went red from killing npc's in trammel. Oh dear.

I guess this must have been 7 years ago. Time flies.

M

MagrothPac

<blockquote><hr>

U ltimatly the best game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...can I play too?

Umbra
Luna
Trinsic and Brit
Inu's a crone
Minax, a tool
Abyss!

Ophidian invasion!
Nystul's confused!
Lycaeum will burn!
Infected by blackrock
Nobody learns
End is near!

Ultima Online

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I guess this must have been 7 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the days...

J

J0KING

Nothing really to say... just wanted to be a small part of this post... Have Fun!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

My guess would be Arwen...although I haven't read the books recently. I probably need to get on that...one must read the Silmarillion/Hobbit/LOTR series at least twice a year in order to maintain optimal health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thou art correct.