• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threadzilla!

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the first time I played UO was on Atlantic shard back in like 99 or 2k the orcs had invaded minoc and I started a smith as first character. I was dying like every 5 minutes to some frightened orc or another. thought id get a packy half of em died before i made it to mines. I thought about moving cities but my friend that got me hooked on this game said "Itll only last a day or two" yah! riiiiiiight month and a half later they were still there but since he was helping me and he didnt leave thats how i gmd smithy the first time, mine, die, get rezzed, mine, die, get rezzed, smith a little, die, get rezzed, smith some more..........rinse and repeat.All and All my fondest Uo memory.

C

CursedPoet

tbh nerf integrals!

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

UO-related, the snow has melted next to my house in felucca. *cheers*

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitty gargoyles eh? You wouldn't want to run into one of these 'cats' in the seas of UO!

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks like CatHat.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I'm bored...Lets make the largest thread in Stratics history.

Anything UO related is welcome here. I'll start it off by saying Ultima Online is once again going to be THE game to play. Hopefully many others will realize this and come join the fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to take part in such a silly thread.

Oops...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SuperBowl update....halftime..colts are ahead 16-14.....

UO RULES!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

What the bears wouldn't do for Walter Payton right about now...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*MISSES WALTER PAYTON*

I used to go to the local bowling alley and play pinball with him and his kids....fun times.

*a moment of silence for the great Walter Payton*

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Jan. 20th to be exact

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, Jan 20th 1971, aprox 6am, always been a early riser

Elf.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOW that's...flashy!

UO RULES AGAIN!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Bah, Michigan only has 4 or 5 cold days a year.

If it won't kill you in five minutes with no jacket, it's not cold. It's just fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!!!!? It's been BURRRRRRR Cold for weeks now! I remember, growing up here, when we would have blizzards! We get tons of Lake Effect snow! Lots of cold days! Not sure if your thinking about the right state? It's COLD in the winter here (though not as bad lately *cough global warming cough*).

Right now, we have several feet of snow outside.

[/ QUOTE ]
Be careful tonight. Tonight is one of the cold days (expected to hit -25 farenheit tonight). By zero farenheit my garage door already froze shut, hehe.

Keeping it UO related, it would be interesting if some UO days it would be so cold for people on ice island that their door freezes shut.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Speaking of...isn't it about time for the snow in UO to go away?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the heck....let's go for the record for a non-stickied thread!!!

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I am fond of seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not......but I only work there.
I live about 40 miles south of it where it's much more peaceful

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes, that is the ultimate challenge...to keep a non-sticked thread on the first page!!!

SuperBowl Update....1 minute left...colts are winning 29-17.

Good try for the Bears...least they made it that far....since 1986....*sighs*

YAY CHICAGO!!!!

and Congrats to the COLTS! SuperBowl Champs...nice title.

GO UO!

G

<blockquote><hr>

A POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OH GOD EPILEPSY.........

S

Smithfiend

You'll have to beat the thread by Saphireena on the quiality of artwork in UO. Last I checked it was at 75+ pages hehe.

L

LifeKillsPeople

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Where you at? I'm in Wisconsin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too and it was FLIPPING COLDDDDDD here!!!!!!!!111!!!one one one!!!! lol
oh and HI!! I'm Sounder and Im a UO addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't count as cold if A) the heat in your home and/or vehicle works, B) you can stay inside the above, and/or C) you can wear whatever you want.

I live at roughly 8,000 feet elevation, and sometimes travel up to 15 on missions. The temperature's been about 10 below, but I have no idea what that is with the windchill. I do know that I tied a tarp down over my hmmwv last week to keep the snow out of the turret, and it blew away - not because I didn't tie it down well enough, but because the wind ripped the eyes out of the tarp. Now try driving 50 MPH into that exposed to the wind from about the navel up.

FUN FACT: My heater broke yesterday, and rather than blowing heat into the plywood shack I live in, it instead filled the room with exhaust. The bad news is, I woke up nauseous and with the worst headache of my life. The good news is, I woke up. Also, I have a heater. And, internet access, obv, so I'm going to quit pancakes now, and so should you.

UO Related - You can run around Ice Island naked for years and your character never complains or even shivers. Now there's a good role model.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As a die hard Chicago Bears fan I am extremely happy they made it to the SuperBowl....but the Colts did well.

Congrats to the 2007 SuperBowl Champs! Wow.....how wonderful for them!

UO Related...I just spent an hour killing Nightmares in Cove Fel and got 5 more BoT's....GO ME!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I just wish the weather would've been nicer. It was an ugly game, definitely not what I'd expect from the two best teams in the NFL. In the end though, I think the right team won...and the Bears definitely need to get themselves a new quarterback.

L

LifeKillsPeople

Also, Rex is a bum. He has to be the worst quarterback ever to play in the Super Bowl.

G

I Cordially invite all players of UO to come to Oceania and give Lady Kat a hug........ ignore her surly mood and abuse as you do it Apparently she likes it

P

Paris_Hilton

Anyone but me find it sad that a thread about nothing can continue on and on whilst threads on subjects important to many who play UO get locked left and right?

I

imported_Lord Kynd

UO has always been good, it's the nay sayers ( traitors if you will ) that speak of how awfull it is or on how it will die soon ( heard that sooo many times thru the years lol ).
and the people that cry 'nerf' all the time arrrgg , can we bannish the nerfers ?

O

ObiThree

it's 5:14am, 12 degrees outside, 2 more hours left at work, then i will brave the freezing weather, walk all the way to my truck, scrape the windows clear, get it started, let it warm up a bit, drive 26 miles home on icy roads, Why? so i can play uo of course. if it wasn't for having to go to work every day, my computer chair would probly give me bedsores.

G

I just got my Redeemer &amp; Virtue Gorget! Yay! \o/

Thanks Ghost Writer and everyone else who helped me get books!

Oh, it's still really COLD here!

-7°F Avg. Wind Speed: 14 mph Snowfall: 0.4"
Alert: Excessive Wind Chill = Feels Like -27°F

G

<blockquote><hr>

BRRR! It is 60 here right now. &gt;:-D

[/ QUOTE ]

*pretends he didn't just read that*

C

Casey

Hehe.. the Pacific Ocean says hello.. I could hear it a minute ago.

L

LifeKillsPeople

<blockquote><hr>

UO has always been good, it's the nay sayers ( traitors if you will ) that speak of how awfull it is or on how it will die soon ( heard that sooo many times thru the years lol ).
and the people that cry 'nerf' all the time arrrgg , can we bannish the nerfers ?

[/ QUOTE ]

All this, and yet your sig is just blatantly trolling that they should do away with my playstyle altogether.

Keep on truckin', buddy.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one of everything from the books week before last. I was planning on getting more but I had a death in my family (My mother passed away) last week sort of put me out of the mood to play. Now I'm back and hoping to find the one true "Book of Truth" on Catskills. I just want to see my name on a stone in game forever. Though that desire may not be true to the virtues I try to live in game by?

BTW its freezing here and my furnace hasn't kicked off in a while.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

it's 41 degrees here...at7:48AM

I certainly hope the devs give a lot of attention to PvP after the UO:KR expansion. While I think Darkscribe is doing a good job overall, I think he
needs to balance his efforts on both playstyles equally.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good morning my fellow UO Addicts. The time is now 9:30 AM. It is currently -7 degrees here in partly sunny Aurora, IL..feels like -26, though I wouldn't know cus I haven't been outside yet!!!

I'm on my second cup of coffee, parusing the forums...(perusing? Spelling is bad sorry) and doin a bit of car shoppin on line.

Ohh...did anyone notice that the cows in the new client are actually BIGGER? I don't know what made me just think of that..but when I saw one I was like Ohhhh....that's one big cow!

L

LunaMage

Hi, I am Luna of Chessy (I had my char way before the city, too!) Been playing off and on since around 2001 I think. I never pvp because I am awful at it, and thats ok with me, really. I love doing Peerless runs and collecting things. One of these days I'll have a sig (hopefully). One of my goals in UO is to finally move on up to a castle even though I detest the floor plan. Um ok I guess thats about it.

<font color="pink"> </font> Every little thing COULD be a rare someday!!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the thread is lost on the second page!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!

*clears throat*

Hi...I'm dory...and I don't think I've ever eaten a fish...*smiles*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nooooo swimming.....we need boats like...BIG boats....with cannons and stuff....and have epic ocean wars...Ohhhhhhhh wouldnt' that be cool???

Oh and then we can have PIRATES!

M

Morg_SP

Here's a thought, make it so that MIB's have a small chance of being cursed. If cursed the original spawn would be insane and the loot would be great (if you defeat the spawn) Maybe make some new monsters for it too, like Evil Pirate Ghosts. Give them the HP and Magery of a AW and the armor or 2 AW's. You would have to use silver or else no melee damage, Melee and Magery only, no arrows, no pets, no specials, no chiv and no necro. They would be the tuffest and most interesting thing in the game I think. And the rarity of them would keep them interesting and revive the treasure hunters.

Oh ya, there should be no way to tell a cursed MIB from a normal one until after its found and fished up. T-hunters might actually get business again.

Maybe even have a t-map with similar features but more treasure and even worst spawn as this would be the full Pirate stash (Available only as loot in the cursed MIB and only lootable after the spawn was dead). The battles would be awsome as NO-ONE could solo it (if someone can, then beef up the spawn), you would have to bring friends or have them at the ready. Can't run (boat would be stuck from the spawn) and can't lure, they would stay near the chest until they die or the chest disappears.

Rarity - How about 1 in every 100 MIB's could be cursed, with no way to tell if it is cursed or not.

As for lore, well, with all the fishermen over the years can you honestly say there have been no pirates???

Just and idea,

Everyone: feel free to pick this idea apart as usually happens. Note: This would be a good way to stop scripters from getting the best stuff in the game.

Keep the spawn of these MIB's super rare so that they do not become commonplace. seriously, how can you have a daily-rare?????

Morg_SP

S

Sergul'zan_SP

They need to start by making T-Hunter/MIB loot worthwhile. Sure, you get a good number of regs, but all the armor and weps are pretty much trash.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have loved most all the Ultima games over the years and always thought the Savage Empire game was fun with the tribes and dinosaurs. I want a land with small villages over it and no recall or gate at all in it. Maybe even a place where magic fails too? A land where warriors, tamers and maybe bards are the main classes for adventuring.
I can almost see a party trying to take down an Tyrannosaurus Rex. A place where you would have to travel overland to reach any point you may of been interested in. To me that would be a fun and very challenging land to play in.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Suggestion for all those of you in the REALLY cold places...

1. find the smallest room in your house - someplace 16 m2 or smaller in floorspace (that about 13x13 feet, my fellow Americans). Make sure it has a door, a well-insulated window, and good shielding for the window to minimize heat loss. You can go for a windowless room if you want, but it is WAY too easy to lose track of time that way. Rugs/carpet are a plus.

2. Make sure it has good lighting - 2 100-watt bulbs, for example (one if that's all that will fit) - and not those power savers, either. You want a real lightbulb.

3. Move all your computers in there, wiring the room for it if you have to. Leave one on at all times (shut down your modem or router when you don't wnat exposed to the net, or have a non-networked computer on all the time for family to play Solitaire and Spider Solitaire on). KEEP THE DOOR SHUT AT ALL TIMES.

4. Do this, and you will have an island of warmth in your house. My computer room stays a good 5-10 degrees C (9-18 F) warmer than the rest of the house, from the heat from the light and computers, and my own body heat. I can typically play UO with short sleeves, boxers and bare/sock feet when the rest of the house is so cold I have to be in bed or wear long pants, shoes, and a sweater or jacket to watch TV comfortably.