• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sorry state of PvP on Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody dies to holy fist 1vs1. Your templates are useless . You just play in groups now all with wrestling parry ninja chiv and cast holy fist at once on one target. Easy fix : Holy fist damage cannot stack with more holy fists at same time. Like spell plague
Non stacking holy fist would be a move in the right direction.

I also think chiv needs more balanced offensive skills. Buffs and such

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Non stacking holy fist would be a move in the right direction.

It's not a bad idea I like it actually but we should add 2/6 chiv to it. Fist is only one issue the other is people still having 4/6 chiv bushdio evasion with riding swipe.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow look at all these players who play chiv characters admitting chiv is the problem but this kiss of death guy. Surely he isn't being bias!
Well I played chiv before holy fist. It's been OP healing since AOS. Try fighting a 4/6 DP death striker a year ago before they ruined death strikers.. talk about a dumb template

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a bad idea I like it actually but we should add 2/6 chiv to it. Fist is only one issue the other is people still having 4/6 chiv bushdio evasion with riding swipe.
2/6 makes is completely useless. 3/6 is still pretty fast but easily fizzled. There should be a timer on remove curse. Not a long one, maybe 8 seconds. Leave cleanse alone and cap close wounds at 30.

Fix divine fury to have a better return at 120 max karma, add some other buffs and make it relevant to today's UO. Necro also has the same issue, so the Devs are tweaking it to be more modern.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thr problem is with all this combined: chiv+ Wrestling + ninja + parry + alchy . If you get footed you can go animal form and cast mirrors , you CANNOT get disarmed. There is ZERO weakness in defense.

The Trollers ( randy and paithan) talk just lies as always. Having a bushido dexer has TWO huge weaknesses, without the weapon when disarmed you are meat shield. But specially if you lose the mount YOU are DEAD.

They lie lie as always. Holy fist is not the issue, the problem is that there is no weakness in defense with all those skills combined.
What about invis jewels and tele jewels?

I mean, if you're going to present an argument...make sure that you present all the facts.

Nobody dies to holy fist 1vs1. Your templates are useless . You just play in groups now all with wrestling parry ninja chiv and cast holy fist at once on one target. Easy fix : Holy fist damage cannot stack with more holy fists at same time. Like spell plague
Spell plague does stack. So not sure what your point is?

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
That's why no one plays chiv Mages, even without all the penalties. I know I wouldn't play it. GHeal is same casting time as close wounds +/- .25ish. For double Heal. There's nothing else worth using it for. The reason people play is the holy fist, and the fast damage output. The heals/debuff is just a major seller on top of that.

I agree that Fist is what made it relevant, but today's loot pack has made templates so much stronger. Skill inc and max stats/regens on a template with that fast of casting is crazy. Being able to spam remove curse with no penalty to me is the most annoying.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's why no one plays chiv Mages, even without all the penalties. I know I wouldn't play it. GHeal is same casting time as close wounds +/- .25ish. For double Heal. There's nothing else worth using it for. The reason people play is the holy fist, and the fast damage output. The heals/debuff is just a major seller on top of that.

I'm fine with chiv staying the way it is now or it getting completely nerfed. I think the people nit picking what is and what isn't ok depending on what they play is the real issue here.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It makes me laught the usual 3/4 ppl from the same guild trolling. An easy fix is not to stack the dmg of holy fists , like spell plague. Then u can all run whatever u want, no problem
Spell Plague stacks

"The plague expires after 3 explosions or 8 seconds which ever comes first, but multiple spell plagues can be cast on a target and they will apply in sequence."

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with whats been said by some other posters. Not just holy fist, but some cool downs on remove curse, and I think the FC needs to be capped for everyone, OR increase the mana cost of spells and some reduction to how much close wounds heals. A mini heal cast for 40 hp is on the absurd side. A mass dispel on the run for less than 10 mana that can't be disrupted. Things like that need to be looked at.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry exists since 17 yrs almost nobody ever complained. The problem is if you use it with wrestling clearly but since the guild ! Is a bunch of liars I dunno what to tell u. U want to keep wrestling and chiv? Make holy fist dmg not stackable . Gg take care

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It makes me laught the usual 3/4 ppl from the same guild trolling. An easy fix is not to stack the dmg of holy fists , like spell plague. Then u can all run whatever u want, no problem
I'm not from any of the guilds. Ask Pepsi or rick. I rarely have played in the last few years because how pathetic pvp has become. Mostly because you guys WANT it to still be ****. For whatever reason.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats does the age have to do with anything? First off Chiv has been around since Feb 11, 2003, So a little less than 14 years. That said magery has been around since the start and went from 0/0 cast up to 4/6 and now capped at 2/6. As the game evolves changes need to be made this is just a prime example.

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Do you even pvp? Honestly people like you having a say in what happens in pvp is the problem.

Chiv needs a nerf across the board, holy fist is broken and remove curse has always been broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Chivalry has to be at 4 fc or it's totally useless. And clearly the problem is to have wrestling with it. Then you can troll and shout and lie as usual. I don't mind. Every dexer with chivalry is meat shield because they get costantly disarmed and or dismounted.
Frawg, stay on my screen etc etc

Wrestling + parry + chiv + ninja = no weaknesses. Then lie and shout , you make me giggle.
Here let's try this compromise:

1. Make fist stack
  2. Put a timer on remove curse identical to sleep OR make it's casting speed the same as cleansing winds with the same tile base as close wounds
  3. Make all spells stationary so you can't cast and run at the same time
  4. Make holy light drop cursor
All of that would give it a decent nerf. A bigger nerf to wrestle/chiv templates, but it's not like we want to be playing them anyways...

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you address what age has to do with anything for chivalry ?

I brought up the point about magery which has been around even longer going through all kinds of changes. I didn't see a response to that. Thanks!

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not trolling at all, I simply want pvp to be the best it can be.

With a slight nerf to chivalry along with the new changes and reinforcing the 0 tactics idea we will be on the right track

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thr problem is with all this combined: chiv+ Wrestling + ninja + parry + alchy . .
I agree with this statement, only a focused chiv should be able to cast holy fist . Parry, Ninjitsu and bushido are not allowed on the focus list

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry exists since 17 yrs almost nobody ever complained. The problem is if you use it with wrestling clearly but since the guild ! Is a bunch of liars I dunno what to tell u. U want to keep wrestling and chiv? Make holy fist dmg not stackable . Gg take care
Could you address this as I pointed out how magery has been out longer and changed multiple times? Thanks!

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
4/6 chiv was never fixxed because no one has been using it (effectively) in pvp untill holy fist.

Now there are things that need to be addressed, Holy fist and remove curse are at the top of that list

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well this thread is going nowhere fast.

If anyone goes to ATL they can see the biggest template in pvp there is the chiv wrestle holy fist.

Keep it don't keep it, I don't care. I just won't bother going to ATL to pvp against a group of people playing the same thing.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did a significant amount of thread clean up and issued thread bans to people who couldn't behave themselves. Warnings are going to follow.

Once again, if you cannot discuss PVP tactics or "the State of PVP on Atlantic" in an adult and reasonable manner, save your breath and don't comment on this thread. Take any personal swipes to the designated PVP smack talk threads in each Shard forum. I can't make it more clear than that.

If someone baits you, there is no excuse. Do not take the bait and follow through with a trollish response back. I don't care what name you're called, etc... hit the report button.

Folks complained about the last PVP thread being locked. If the folks who want to discuss PVP in a reasonable manner don't want that to be the case again, don't fall for the bait of the folks who immediately take the thread down to the level of trolling, unserious posts, and personal attacks.

The Rules of Conduct, found here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics , are to be followed at all times.

Grazz't1970

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just wow. The same circular arguments. Same circular threads. Same circle of new patches putting out substandard and incomplete content. I bet lots of people are banking their good stuff and searching as we speak.

The problem when a game runs its course is everyone still playing and supporting are the problem along w devs and producers etc.

We can point fingers all we want...We all know the truth...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrestle with chiv has existed since chiv was made- so with that train of thought- you can't change it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a significant amount of thread clean up and issued thread bans to people who couldn't behave themselves. Warnings are going to follow.

Once again, if you cannot discuss PVP tactics or "the State of PVP on Atlantic" in an adult and reasonable manner, save your breath and don't comment on this thread. Take any personal swipes to the designated PVP smack talk threads in each Shard forum. I can't make it more clear than that.

If someone baits you, there is no excuse. Do not take the bait and follow through with a trollish response back. I don't care what name you're called, etc... hit the report button.

Folks complained about the last PVP thread being locked. If the folks who want to discuss PVP in a reasonable manner don't want that to be the case again, don't fall for the bait of the folks who immediately take the thread down to the level of trolling, unserious posts, and personal attacks.

The Rules of Conduct, found here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics , are to be followed at all times.
I agree. Some people are just clueless when they post and only try buffing PvM without an actual rational thought as to how PvP changes don't affect them. We sit there and read their posts and smack our heads at the incompetence.

That being said, I think everyone deserved to be heard- no matter how clueless they are- including stratics mods.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone not pointed out it's called HOLY FIST... Not Holy BOkuto not holy DAGGER.... HOLY FIST .. Therefore, wrestling with it should be more than accepted... To fix the issue would be to make it have a delay on cast rather than insta damage when dropped.. Much like a flame strike

cholupa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I feel sorry for anyone who is dying to Holy Fist spam. How do you die to that? It doesn't have real burst capability like magery because you can't do combos with it like exp/fs. Chiv doesn't have small spells such as Weaken to disrupt heals from a distance. Chiv doesn't have a poison spell to block healing with. If you die to Holy Fist spam, that means you were sitting there looking at your screen and doing nothing while your hp is steadily going down. I would recommend learning the basics before calling for nerfs. Holy Fist might have half decent sustained damage, but without real burst or ways to prevent healing, it is almost impossible to get a kill with it in a 1v1.

Last edited:

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You are right it is a terrible 1v1 template for killing people but almost impossible to die if you are 4/6 chiv parry wrestle. Team it with 3 more fisters and it's deadly with no chance of being killed. I mainly play ds and would fight 4 pure mages no problem but there is just no point fighting even 1 4/6 fister with parry and wrestle. The fist casts fast and if you have 0 resist it slows you also. So if there is 4 fisters all spamming on you, you take 140 damage in one dump with just about 0 chance to disrupt. Plus a slowing effect. Teamed with alchemy for 28 ish supernovas that's 112 damage. So in one sec you can damage for 252 damage. Plus all the conflags. It's a shame cause I like the 4/6 fister but it's op in a 2 or more man team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I believe a 1 second immunity timer will solve all the complaints about being hit by 5 holy fists at once. No more instant death. The easiest and simplest solution would be best. The more complicated the solution, the more problems it will likely create in the future.

Being hit by a holy fist would grant the char immunity from being damaged by any more holy fists for 1 second.

I think this is a good compromise. Personally I don't think holy fist should be touched. Synced holy fist is good teamwork. Good teamwork should be rewarded and not penalized.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a 1 second immunity timer will solve all the complaints about being hit by 5 holy fists at once. No more instant death. The easiest and simplest solution would be best. The more complicated the solution, the more problems it will likely create in the future.

Being hit by a holy fist would grant the char immunity from being damaged by any more holy fists for 1 second.

I think this is a good compromise. Personally I don't think holy fist should be touched. Synced holy fist is good teamwork. Good teamwork should be rewarded and not penalized.
I'd like an immunity for every attack. One second immunity for all!

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This shard has now become a complete mess, in a bit to out-lame eachother, GOD! and ! guilds now run almost full Chiv Holy fist teams with Parry and Wrestle.

This playstyle needs to STOP. Holy fist was such a TERRIBLE idea. 35 damage, instantly from 5 players is game over for the most part.

How can a char have 5 defensive skills to make them almost unkillable, only to have a 1 button offensive which does as much damage as a an ebolt from a focused mage who's invested 100 scribe + eval + magery? Plus it casts too fast.

@Bleak PLEASE remove this from the game and we can forget it never came in. It's going to ruin this game. At the very least, holy fist needs capping to 20 damage. The most defensive skill in the game should not allow someone to be SO offensive at the same time.

What is wrong with the players in this game nowadays? Everyone in PvP is playing to win instead of playing to fight? Does no one enjoy a proper fight anyone? Is it only enjoyable if you had to do as little as possible and it was as unfair as possible? Makes me miss pre-1999 UO so badly.

I have been back for about a week now. .Before I stopped playing six months ago, I had a Chiv Fister Temp, and at first, I did not care for it too much. However, as someone said here, you can go elf stack 80 energy the damage is significantly decreased. The Holy Fister reminds me of Pre AOS PVP. Load and drop on a sync Target. Most of you here pancakes on these forums have spent your time primarly in a dungeon or yew and don’t have the field awareness nor the expierence to sync a target so I can see why this has become a problem for most of you.

I suggest you start working more as a group and understand how to team pvp. If you mess up and get caught on the screen so five people can target you, then you deserve to die. The Monk Template is not going to kill people 1 vs 1, or kill any decent player by only casting holy fist. It’s a group based template that snowballs with the more people you have.
Don’t nerf stuff because people are unwilling to change their templates. There are many ways to counter fisters, not many ways to combat good pvpers.
Mages are pretty difficult for me to play on the east coast because I constantly need to recurse and cast a spell and by the time I cast a spell that does 40 damage I need to take another 20 seconds to re target you. With the next patch, this will be fixed and mages will outshine even chiv fisters. However, if you don’t know how to play as a team we will be back here listening to people pancake about how OP mages are right now.

I think you need to just drop your crew or find another one who is focused less on walling people out and more on managing a group of pvpers

Last edited:

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah because if you have a wep skill then you can add evade+confidence. Pretty fair for that template right? Adding more defense and then a wep skill that has more offense.
Can't chug though. You'd have to drop your weapon or add balance on weapons to chug. balance would break anyones ability to evade. Seems like a pretty fair trade off to me.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you evade with 1 handed weapon
I'm picturing the Hephaestus shield wielding variety of fisters using a one handed weapon. They drop shield they usually lose fc1 or the dci. But you're right. I guess my point was that I agree with whoever stated that wrestling should not be considered as a "weapon skill" for holy fist to work.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm picturing the Hephaestus shield wielding variety of fisters using a one handed weapon. They drop shield they usually lose fc1 or the dci. But you're right. I guess my point was that I agree with whoever stated that wrestling should not be considered as a "weapon skill" for holy fist to work.

The fister is just a team group template...

Once again people need to stop making glass cannons and pancakes every time they can’t kill someone.
If you make a bushido toon with 80 energy and some ninjia you will be 100% fine vs two fisters.
If you go into protection, fister cant kill you
If you Get spellweaving and use thunderstorm/essence of wind. You will be ok.

Fister is a 100% tank class.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just miss the variety. Right after the drop of casting to 2/6 back in the day, you'd see necro mages, scribe/wrestle mages, tank mages....now parry is mandatory as a mage.....no variety in templates, summons like pixies are lame, 4/6 chiv + parry is mega lame, ninja smoke bombs are lame.

Melee combat is like DEAD, you'll never see anyone really now roll with a traditional anat/heal/tact/wep skill/resist...

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically it comes down to what is fun to play, and play against.

Fighting a group of holly fisters isn't fun at all. I enjoy fighting large amounts of mages and dexxers, yet , fighting groups of holly fisters is extremely annoying. Solo a holly fister is useless, however, in a group the damage is fast and survivability is easy mode.

I just recently came back after a 4-5 years break. In the past you used to find many mage fights and duels. Today, there's almost nothing put packs of holly fisters running around on ATL. How is that remotely fun to fight, or play against? I made one to try it out, and it's the most boring template ever.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Basically it comes down to what is fun to play, and play against.

Fighting a group of holly fisters isn't fun at all. I enjoy fighting large amounts of mages and dexxers, yet , fighting groups of holly fisters is extremely annoying. Solo a holly fister is useless, however, in a group the damage is fast and survivability is easy mode.

I just recently came back after a 4-5 years break. In the past you used to find many mage fights and duels. Today, there's almost nothing put packs of holly fisters running around on ATL. How is that remotely fun to fight, or play against? I made one to try it out, and it's the most boring template ever.
That is why an immunity timer makes a lot of sense. A Fister has poor killing ability in a 1v1. Lowering the damage or slowing cast time will reduce a Fister's offense in a 1v1 setting to basically nothing. That is not balance.

With an immunity timer it weakens Fisters in a group setting. It will prevent a group of 5 fisters from getting an instant kill by syncing on one target. Therefore it will also discourage packs of Fisters running around together. 1 or 2 in a group may still be useful, but more than that will not be optimal due to the immunity timer.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The fister is just a team group template...

Once again people need to stop making glass cannons and pancakes every time they can’t kill someone.
If you make a bushido toon with 80 energy and some ninjia you will be 100% fine vs two fisters.
If you go into protection, fister cant kill you
If you Get spellweaving and use thunderstorm/essence of wind. You will be ok.

Fister is a 100% tank class.
Seeing you have only been back a week, I'd say you have limited knowledge about this.

Go ahead and go into protection and see what happens.

Your resists will drop, you will forced into a walk and you will be dropped shortly after.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seeing you have only been back a week, I'd say you have limited knowledge about this.

Go ahead and go into protection and see what happens.

Your resists will drop, you will forced into a walk and you will be dropped shortly after.
LOL, ya bu I have been back only one week, but im willing to bet I have killed more of these fisters than your entire crew in 6 months

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
LOL, ya bu I have been back only one week, but im willing to bet I have killed more of these fisters than your entire crew in 6 months
I doubt it if you're telling people to go into protection against a group of fisters.

:dunce:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I doubt it if you're telling people to go into protection against a group of fisters.

:dunce:
You making your argument based soley on being in protection there are other things you need that I listed here. Not just protection.

There are a lot of things. However, you are being dumped by two fisters and u put protection on while you run you should live…

Once they goto a recast you run away, and wait for support. You also should have gift of renewal up. And an elf there is no reason you should even get low.

Fisters run out of mana after 5 or 6 of them

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You making your argument based soley on being in protection there are other things you need that I listed here. Not just protection.

There are a lot of things. However, you are being dumped by two fisters and u put protection on while you run you should live…

Once they goto a recast you run away, and wait for support. You also should have gift of renewal up. And an elf there is no reason you should even get low.

Fisters run out of mana after 5 or 6 of them
Pretty sure you said "if you go into protection, a fister can't kill you".

These weren't "and" statements, you were giving several different statements you thought would be okay to survive.

Sorry, but protection isn't one of them.

Nice try.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Pretty sure you said "if you go into protection, a fister can't kill you".

These weren't "and" statements, you were giving several different statements you thought would be okay to survive.

Sorry, but protection isn't one of them.

Nice try.
I do not normally do this, but why dont you find three fisters and i will be on foot and you try and kill my mage and see if you can?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not normally do this, but why dont you find three fisters and i will be on foot and you try and kill my mage and see if you can?
I mean..are you talking about a fister with no other offensive skills period? If so you'd died very fast. In protection, potions, and weave buffs on a non chiv character wether it's a healing Mage, Scribe Mage, dexxer, whatever the case is. They can cast 80+ damage on a non cursed target every 2-3 seconds the damage would be overwhelming . Now specifically for my fist template I use DP, Armor ignores and holy light with it. That makes it 10x more lethal. Even one v one.

Status
Not open for further replies.