• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sorry state of PvP on Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This shard has now become a complete mess, in a bit to out-lame eachother, GOD! and ! guilds now run almost full Chiv Holy fist teams with Parry and Wrestle.

This playstyle needs to STOP. Holy fist was such a TERRIBLE idea. 35 damage, instantly from 5 players is game over for the most part.

How can a char have 5 defensive skills to make them almost unkillable, only to have a 1 button offensive which does as much damage as a an ebolt from a focused mage who's invested 100 scribe + eval + magery? Plus it casts too fast.

@Bleak PLEASE remove this from the game and we can forget it never came in. It's going to ruin this game. At the very least, holy fist needs capping to 20 damage. The most defensive skill in the game should not allow someone to be SO offensive at the same time.

What is wrong with the players in this game nowadays? Everyone in PvP is playing to win instead of playing to fight? Does no one enjoy a proper fight anyone? Is it only enjoyable if you had to do as little as possible and it was as unfair as possible? Makes me miss pre-1999 UO so badly.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If 5 players hit you with a spell or a weapon at one time, wouldn't you expect to die?
Its the combination of a MAXIMUM defensive build, that happens to have an offensive spell, thats faster to cast than any spell with another casting skill with the equivalent damage. If you can't see this, you're playing one and just don't want it nurfed.

Explain how Wreslte, Parry, Resist, Chivalry[with 4/6 casting], Alchemy and enough Magery to teleport/wall etc, is not an overpowered template when being run by 5 players. They have MAXIMUM defensive capabilities, with a HUGE offensive.

Honestly, now all these guilds are running this build in the masses, it will not slip away until it is nurfed, if ever. PvP in UO will be down to who can push their ONE button offensive spell the quickest as a group.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats hard to understand?

If 5 Archers swing at me, they have chance to miss and I have chance to parry.

If 5 characters with MAXIMUM defensive builds, like as hard to kill 1v1 as you can imagine, can press 1 button and hit me for 35 damage WITHOUT FAIL ie, I cant parry or they cant miss it, how is that the same as 5 archers?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is sensible. If I were running on a server against 5 archers, i'd put parry on my template. If I were up against 5 Holy Fisters I'd be running an elf with 80 Energy.

I think someone already made a post requesting that Wrestling not be qualified as a weapon skill that works with Chiv Mastery. Maybe jump on that band wagon.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just wondering if it also work with Super nova potion...? 5 alchemist mule with max defense resist and parrying etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Glad you can admit I came up with the template apon its release. Hook, line and sinker.
Hes not, hes talking about how hi-5 was running around with 5 fisters but failed miserably at it, not talking about the very first fister temp.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When I checked out ATL it was exactly as describe by the OP. Bunch of people running wrestle parry and chiv, some with spellweaving for fairies.

When the state of PVP is comprised of mostly of one template, something needs to be addressed.

#fotm

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nobody cares who came up with the temp first. There is a limited amount of skills in this game and a limited amount of combinations you can make with them.

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
holy fist is broken, the current state of pvp is complete garbage. Please nerf holy fist and make people go back to playing real characters

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whats hard to understand?

If 5 Archers swing at me, they have chance to miss and I have chance to parry.

If 5 characters with MAXIMUM defensive builds, like as hard to kill 1v1 as you can imagine, can press 1 button and hit me for 35 damage WITHOUT FAIL ie, I cant parry or they cant miss it, how is that the same as 5 archers?
Funny that's how mages work they all can hit you with 5 flamestrike/explosion combo's for the same amount of damage but no one nerfs them.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nerfing Holy first just means everyone'll be back to op 211 stam archers, or replace Chivalry to their current parry/eval/anatomy temp.

Changes nothing really, needs a lot more fixes to change pvp to a healthy state.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is wrong with the players in this game nowadays? Everyone in PvP is playing to win instead of playing to fight? Does no one enjoy a proper fight anyone? Is it only enjoyable if you had to do as little as possible and it was as unfair as possible? Makes me miss pre-1999 UO so badly.
People have been going with the most OP template for 20 years. They can nerf and balance until there fingers bleed but it will never change that trend.

I'm sure it will eventually get the nerf stick like everything else so I would suggest adapting or joining in the meantime. 80 energy and 30 Energy Eater. Possibly work bushido/parry into a template to evade (if that even still works idk)

But honestly even after making adjustments. PVP would truly be broke if 5 people sinc'ed on you with their biggest spell and it DIDN'T kill you.

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Last night, I headed out to do a champ spawn. Ran into another player in Fel for the first time in weeks. I stopped to say hi.

He attacked me. My fully trained GD almost ate him in one bite. Then a guard whacked him, cuz I was in a guard zone. I looted a music scroll off of him.

Fastest champ spawn ever.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell, i remember back when all it took was 2 Mages with Glacial Staffs saying "In Corp Del" to drop anyone instantly. Although, that would cause both Mages to completely mana dump instantly, and they were vulnerable after that until they regenerated their mana back. You could even say "An Ex Del" to Paralyze people with the Glacial Staff first.

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sounds to me that the issue isn't with a spell being broken, it's that you have a 5 on 1 situation. Which is nothing new in this game. And unless they are all casting magic arrow, you're dead regardless.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrestling should not work with chivalry, it has no sense. At least if u have a weapon u can get disarmed
Yeah because if you have a wep skill then you can add evade+confidence. Pretty fair for that template right? Adding more defense and then a wep skill that has more offense.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hands are a deadly weapon. It sounds like holy fist or all of chivalry needs to be reworked.
I'd be fine with them changing chiv to 2/6.

Or make fist do half damage.

Or make the cast way longer.

Many good ideas here.

I play a 4/6 chiv char and I think it is stupid. I have been saying this here for a long time but now I am going to abuse it until it is changed because apparently people have to whine and pancake for a change instead of listening. So, you are all to blame for the current state.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it kind of telling that this board spent so much time talking about nerfing alchemy when this has been happening.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny that's how mages work they all can hit you with 5 flamestrike/explosion combo's for the same amount of damage but no one nerfs them.
The complaint isn't oh 5 people kill me wahhhh. Go out and pvp for awhile, you'll see how ridiculously stupid chiv really is. Especially paired with Wrestle Parry. Max Defense/Very Fast Offense(Granted it's one Spell)..let me know how you fair. Yes 3 Talented Scribe mages can Absolutely destroy. However they also aren't combined with insanely fast cure/heal/remove curse/Parry/potions/weave buffs/disarm.

I personally play a 4/6 Chiv/Parry/Evasion Splinter Axer. You want to see ridiculous. Come fight.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The complaint isn't oh 5 people kill me wahhhh. Go out and pvp for awhile, you'll see how ridiculously stupid chiv really is. Especially paired with Wrestle Parry. Max Defense/Very Fast Offense(Granted it's one Spell)..let me know how you fair. Yes 3 Talented Scribe mages can Absolutely destroy. However they also aren't combined with insanely fast cure/heal/remove curse/Parry/potions/weave buffs/disarm.

I personally play a 4/6 Chiv/Parry/Evasion Splinter Axer. You want to see ridiculous. Come fight.
It sounds like its chivalry then, and not wrestle that the issue is, since you have evasion and parry your defense would be high as well as your offense.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like its chivalry then, and not wrestle that the issue is, since you have evasion and parry your defense would be high as well as your offense.
I never said Wrestle was the problem. It's always been Chivalry. They keep saying Wrestle because no one wants to nerf their new gimp ass template they all play.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thr problem is with all this combined: chiv+ Wrestling + ninja + parry + alchy . If you get footed you can go animal form and cast mirrors , you CANNOT get disarmed. There is ZERO weakness in defense.

The Trollers ( randy and paithan) talk just lies as always. Having a bushido dexer has TWO huge weaknesses, without the weapon when disarmed you are meat shield. But specially if you lose the mount YOU are DEAD.

They lie lie as always. Holy fist is not the issue, the problem is that there is no weakness in defense with all those skills combined.
That's one weakness that is simply fixed tbh. On foot you cast attunement at 4/6 usually save u the time before mount invis remount. I usually double tele. That saves 99.9% of the time. It is chiv that's the problem wether anyone wants to actually admit it. 3 4/6 archers while they have a small weakness are the most offensive templates in UO today. At least until bleaks destruction of pvp patch comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.