• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The One and Only Pre-UOR Thread! Update -- 3 Polls of Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

I did not see anything but DIE TRAMMIES! REMOVE TRAMMEL! TRAMMIE GMS SUCK! etc etc.

I did not see anyone try to say that was not acceptable. Even the screenshots here show nothing but insults and derogatory statements about trammel and the staff at EA. If you did you sure were not very vocal about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get real. You obviously weren't even there.

Back to your bridge. . .

B

Blind fury

That's because that is all you were looking for. You probably stayed there for 20 minutes, waited for someone to say "Trammel sucks", then left feeling strangley satisfied. If you looked around you would see Hemi and JC putting people in their place.

<blockquote><hr>

DIE TRAMMIES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I find killing Trammies to be an excellent pastime, usually you have to wait at gates for them to come and drop their runes. Or look for the unattended macroers.

<blockquote><hr>

REMOVE TRAMMEL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the whole point?

<blockquote><hr>

TRAMMIE GMS SUCK!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no such thing!

G

Gareth420

Trammie is a derogatory term which I am sure you are aware of. The screenshot posted by someone here showed the TRAMMIE GMS SUCK spam. It was not me who posted it. I have seen more mature people in 1st grade.

G

As usual you manage to miss the point, "Gareth420".

If you were actually there, you would realise that those players making disparaging comments about the development team, trammel players and what not were in fact a tiny minority. Yes, it demonstrates a lack of maturity on the parts of those players, but are you seriously suggesting that the developers would display an equal lack of maturity in their response?

I would also like to add that if you gather 100+ players together for any event, be it in trammel, in felucca or anywhere else you would care to name, there will always be someone who gets over excited and starts spamming. I trust the dev team to judge this issue, and in fact any issue in this game on its merits. In this case meaning would a pre-UO:R server be financially beneficial. If they deem it is, they will make it. If they don't, they won't. I would expect that the actions of one or two poorly behaved individuals out of the 100-150 people present at the rally on Saturday will bear no relevence to the final decision whatsoever.

Regards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Trammie is a derogatory term which I am sure you are aware of. The screenshot posted by someone here showed the TRAMMIE GMS SUCK spam. It was not me who posted it. I have seen more mature people in 1st grade.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I saw more mature players at that rally then I have ever seen at a single time in Trammel. Have you ever attend an Event Moderator event? Those things are a real circus. Notice that didn't happen to the Masara when he make a brief appearance. It is because the ratio of mature to immature players is much more in favor of maturity.

Trammel breeds immaturity. In Felucca we don't put up with it and have many ways to deal with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I did not see anything but DIE TRAMMIES! REMOVE TRAMMEL! TRAMMIE GMS SUCK! etc etc.

I did not see anyone try to say that was not acceptable. Even the screenshots here show nothing but insults and derogatory statements about trammel and the staff at EA. If you did you sure were not very vocal about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say nothing but derogatory statements about PreUOR and its supporters. Not that I'm going to play that card. The visuals tell the tale of truth.

Say, what?

Oh that's right, you weren't even there. *rofllmaohaha*

G

Gareth420

I did go just to see what was going on. I did not stay long due to the spamming. How exactly did you think I was not there? How would I know anything that went on if I was not there?

G

You were there, huh? Let's hear what your char name is, if you are to be so bold.

To answer your questions: by looking at screenshots.

G

Gareth420

My name was Gareth-GL. I have characters there for trading holiday items etc. I was not there very long but I did see alot of insults being tossed about (even in the screenshots posted here by supporters of the event you see the spamming of insults.

All I am trying to say is stuff like that does nothing to help whatever cause you are trying to get attention to. Bad attention is not the same as good attention.

G

Ok, lets not turn this into a flame battle once again. If you don't like Gareth's comments and are tired of reading them, simply put him on Ignore.

To do so simply click here

G

<blockquote><hr>

My name was Gareth-GL. I have characters there for trading holiday items etc. I was not there very long but I did see alot of insults being tossed about (even in the screenshots posted here by supporters of the event you see the spamming of insults.

All I am trying to say is stuff like that does nothing to help whatever cause you are trying to get attention to. Bad attention is not the same as good attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is an allnames screenshot I took at some time during the event.

I've searched for many of the names there, and they all appear in the character search. Names like "AOS for teh win" "Lawn Mower GL" "Goose-Cats" "impulse cats" which were likely created solely for the event are found on the character search.

Like I said before, if you are going to make wild claims about the rally.... creating the impression that everyone there was rude or childish.... at least attend the damn thing.

They put a lot of hard work into getting the rally setup. In my opinion, it's pretty lame when a person makes all these wild claims about it even though he or she wasn't even there. Seems like a fair assertion to me.

G

Gareth420

Yes I am positive about it. Everyone knows how screwed up the myuo.com pages are. Also it proves nothing you took 1 screenshot during the event so that must mean I was not there lol. Please.

Do you have anything to add to this conversation or do you just want to flame me for my opinions?

G

Pursuing the facts isn't flaming.

The point in the screenshot is to show a list of names that were there. If you search for any of the non-horse names, they all appear in the char search results. There is, however, no such person named Gareth-GL on Atlantic.

I think it says a lot about the type of arguments that are posed against supporting PreUOR.

H

Hohbein

I would give anything for a Pre-UO:R server. Ever since I left UO (a long time ago, when people started to have flourescent weaponry), something has been missing in my gaming life. No game i've played to date has come even close to the caliber of gaming UO offered.. EQ, EQ2, DAOC, WOW, SWG, EVE, HORIZONS, and many more I cant even remember have ALL been the same BORING EQ style lvl grind that I just do not have time for.

I cant beleive EA havnt yet made an 'old style' shard, infact I cant beleive they havnt just bought out a whole new game, named UO2, which is basically UO exactly as it was UO:R with a new set of servers. They'd make an absolute killing, just from old customers that, like me, have been longing the day of UO's return. Why havnt they done it? are they stupid? they're missing out on an absolutely collosal opportunity to make some serious money, and gain a serious number of customers.

I for one, and everyone I made friends with in UO would 100% be back if there was a Pre-UO:R shard released.

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE EA dont be ****s all your lives, listen to your bloody customers! PLEASE! i just want UO back... *sobs*

G

Gareth420

He took 1 screenshot during the event with all names and says somehow that proves I was never there. How exactly is that a fact? The myuo.com pages are way out of date not only on guild pages but on character p;ages too. It takes time for them to update so doing a char search does not prove anything either.

In other words he is just flaming me with no real proof to back any of it up. What I reported I saw was also posted in a screenshot by someone I do not even know who is for a pre uor server. Thats called collaborating evidence in the legal circles.

G

Gareth420

Hmm yet another brand new account posting how they want a pre uor server. Why is it most who want this registered in the past 2 days?

H

Hohbein

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm yet another brand new account posting how they want a pre uor server. Why is it most who want this registered in the past 2 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, I was bored and have been hungering for a decent MMORPG lately, and came back to thinking about UO and how good it was. I actually almost re-installed, but then remembered how rediculous the game was last time i tried such a stunt..... people riding around on giant flourescent beatles, with lime green double bladed weaponry and rediculous 'samurai' armour. what a joke.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I don't know. Maybe it could be that some people want to play a Pre-UOR shard so strongly that they actually want to register and post their support?

Also, on the character name thing. It is funny you say it is buggy, because the character Hemisphere created is working fine. All the characters guilded into the Pre-UOR supporting guild he created is showing up. I don't understand why you would be the only person with a bug. MyUO for Atlantic was updated for this morning, I see a skill that I soul stoned yesterday has changed.

He caught you, give it up Gareth.

G

Gareth420

You can think what you want. Your little crusade against me personally is taking away from this thread. If we can stop for a minute and stop focusing on my name, my guild, etc etc and get back to the topic at hand.

I was there I do not care what the myuo.com pages say. Everyone knows how unreliable they are. Also this is beside the point since the screenshots posted by other people (who btw are for a pre uor shard) show exactly what I said was going on.

If you want to turn this into a everyone attack gareth thread it will just end up locked. You should take your own advice.

H

Hohbein

Just wondering, Is there some kind of petition for a new UO:R Server? if not i'd be tempted to set one up.. not that EA would probably listen to they're customers point of view......

G

<blockquote><hr>

He took 1 screenshot during the event with all names and says somehow that proves I was never there. How exactly is that a fact? The myuo.com pages are way out of date not only on guild pages but on character p;ages too. It takes time for them to update so doing a char search does not prove anything either.

In other words he is just flaming me with no real proof to back any of it up. What I reported I saw was also posted in a screenshot by someone I do not even know who is for a pre uor server. Thats called collaborating evidence in the legal circles.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point in the screenshot is just to show a selection of names that were at the event. If you search for those names, they all return a result (the character). Gareth-GL doesn't exist in the search pages. If you create the character right now, it will still take a day (or maybe 2) to show up on the char search pages.

My point is that since it is sufficiently proven that there is no such person as Gareth-GL, you were not at the event. For you to be constantly downplaying the rally, making claims about the attitude of the attendees, saying you were there............. yet weren't even there....... what does that tell you?

It says a lot... not just about your attitude, but the attitude of probably (dare I say?) everyone who follows suit trying to criticize everything the PreUOR supporters stand for.

Pretty crappy if you ask me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you want to turn this into a everyone attack gareth thread it will just end up locked. You should take your own advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is important to remain truthful. You have been one of the most anti-PreUOR supporters in this thread and now it is coming out that you may be stretching the truth. The only bugs in MyUO appear to be when it is not updating. Unfortunate for you, this doesn't appear to be the case. You were the first to bring up you went to the rally, but now others have posted information to the contrary. Either come up with something proving the MyUO is buggy or your stance will become tarnished.

G

Gareth420

Ok so you think I was not there. Can we move on now? Would you like me to meet you on Atlantic on my character (which I can prove has existed since AoS because he still has his PBD)?

Also what does the people screaming die trammies at your event (which is proven by a third party as being said via screenshots and other posters) say about the people who want a pre uor shard?

Making generalizations rarely makes any sense. I can no more say everyone who wants a pre uor shard is an immature jerk who cannot even have an intelligent conversation wihtout feeling attacked personally. Thats obviously not true because there are people in this thread who did not get mad and are able to discuss things without attacking anyone perosnally.

All your little flamefest is going to do is get this thread locked because it has strayed way off topic.

So can we get back to debating (not arguing as you say it is) the pros and cons (and yes it is not all pros for a pre uor shard as many have posted here) of a pre uor shard. Not the pros and cons of gareth's perosnal life, guild title or whatever else you manage to dream up.

G

Yes, I would love to meet you on Atlantic today with the character you claimed went to the rally. Where can I meet you and when?

Then when the character shows up in the MyUO database tomorrow we can all know what really happened, you made the character today.

G

Gareth420

How is that possible when I have the PBD?

Anyways you can continue this crusade/flame war all you want. I guess you guys have flat given up having a discussion about pre uor. All this thread is now is a flamefest lets all attack gareth. Forget what the thread is about we must attack him.

We will also ignore the things he saw were posted here on stratics by third party. Lets ingore everything he says happened actually did happen. lets ingore any facts and just start flaming gareth. I perosnally have had enough and if you do not want to put this thread back on track and discuss issues (not perosnalities) then it may as well be locked.

G

There is also the possibility of a quick xshard to Atlantic with a character named Gareth-GL who has a PBD.

I'll pass.

The myuo pages work just fine. The hyphen might be a turn-off to some, but Goose-Cats shows up, so there is no reason why Gareth-GL wouldn't.

G

Gareth420

Oh ya I;d spend the money on a char transfer just to prove you wrong. You need help man.

G

Flaming is when you insult someone or making derogatory claims about the person.

This is all discussion of the rally and therefore completely on topic.

G

Gareth420

No the last 4 pages are arguing whether I was there or not. This thread did not start out about a rally or whether I was there or not. I give up you people will just keep on flmaing and making baseless accusations and generalizations. I have reported this thread to the mods i see no reason to continue this since it should be titled "was gareth at the rally or not" rather than a pre uor thread.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No the last 4 pages are arguing whether I was there or not. This thread did not start out about a rally or whether I was there or not. I give up you people will just keep on flmaing and making baseless accusations and generalizations. I have reported this thread to the mods i see no reason to continue this since it should be titled "was gareth at the rally or not" rather than a pre uor thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. This is how the rally aspect started from your point of view:

<blockquote><hr>

Ok ya insulting and degrading the dev team is an excellent way to get them to listen to you. [/sarcasm]

It just shows the mental age of the people asking for a shard like this. Obviously calling names and stomping your feet is <font color="red">childish behavior</font>. If you guys <font color="red">cannot control yourselves at this so called rally</font> how can you be expected to control yourselves on a classic shard.

It will be a total waste of time. If you could for 5 minutes stop with the childish insults and talk like adults maybe they will listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

So you insult them yet again. How do you expect to hear good news form the dev team when <font color="red">you insult them at this "rally" where most acted like spoiled 2 year olds who were told no cookies before dinner</font>.

Just a suggestion but next time try not to cuss out and insult the people who want to work with you. You will not get anywhere with the kind of childish insults I saw at that rally. They will blow you all off.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some pretty strong claims about the rally.

Yet, it was just proven you weren't there.

Claims? Nullified.

I'd hardly consider a pursuit of the facts a flame fest.

G

Gareth420

If you would like to discuss the benefits etc of a pre uor shard I would be more than happy to continue. If you would prefer to just sit and attack me I guess you will talk to yourself. I reported this thread to the mods and we will see what they call it.

Fact: There was spamming insulting the dev team.
Fact: Its in screenshots posted by people who are on your side.
Fact: When I said the part about insulting them again the guy had said something to the effect that you have to talk like that to the dev team. He said thats all they understand. Thereby insulting the dev team yet again.
Fact: You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

You can take comments out of context it is still personal attacks on myself. Show me where I perosnally attacked anyone in this thread. Show me where I said I do not have to listen to you because of your board name. You cannot because I did not. I stated my opinion on the issues not the people.

G

You, PERSONALLY, made the claim that we (your words here) "acted like spoiled 2 year olds who were told no cookies before dinner."

The other citations are up above.

I don't take sides; I support any proposal I think would benefit the entire UO community.

You started off your contributions to this thread by flaming the people who attended the rally (which happens to include me) and name calling.

All I have done is shown that you were never even there. I haven't done any name calling.... I haven't made assertions about the mental level of the attendees.

I researched the facts, Wilki style. First party, primary sources.

G

Gareth420

I was there. I started posting here before the rally was even proposed if you look. I have been posting in this thread since it was made. I am done arguing fact is you ignore all the facts except the oens you make up (which are not really facts). Then you take my comments out of context and try to put a spin on everything (like fox news for example).

I am done arguing with you if you want to get back on the topic of this thread fine. If you want to continue to attack me personally I am sure it will be locked shortly. I never mentioned anyone at that rally by name either which makes it NOT personal.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event was pretty groove; I think it was good evidence that there's a lot of support running for a pre-ren shard now :D

That along with the poll on uoradio, and the new one in UHall - also good evidence

G

The reason this thread has focused over the past couple of pages on whether you were actually present at the event, Gareth420, is that you made some gross generalisations about the behaviour of those in attendance. I quote:

<blockquote><hr>

I did not see anything but DIE TRAMMIES! REMOVE TRAMMEL! TRAMMIE GMS SUCK! etc etc

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only logical, that with such inaccuracy in your reporting, that your actual presence at the event was questioned.

Furthermore, your insistance on posting negative comments in this and any other thread which even skirts the issue of a pre-UO:R shard, for example insinuating that existing stratics account holders would create a new account solely to skew the vote in the pole, is very likely to get on people's nerves, wouldn't you say?

I am also sure that most of us here are confident enough in a pre-UO:R shards popularity that we don't have to rig the vote.

Regards.

G

To bring things back on topic..........

I have been thinking for a short while whether NPC vendors should be allowed to sell leather, wood, ignots, and other such resources. I think it would be better for the economy and overall community if they didn't. It just kills lucmberjacks, miners, etc. when a player can buy 999 of a resource every half hour. A player could make a lot of good business by setting up a vendor and selling items that way, thus never being a shortage.

Even if there is a shortage, that would be good. It would encourage players to go and get the resources themselves, it would raise prices and make it profitable. Then the sellers would begin to undercut each other, bringing the prices down to reasonable levels. What makes this all work is scripting is totally preventable by murderers, which no doubt will be abundent.

What do you think? Reagents would not be affected by this, they would be sold on vendors as they normally would.

G

I dunno, for ingot buying from npcs, and selling on, they will have to had a percentage onto the 8 already charged by the npc. I would like it if the lack of gold coming into the economy from spawn, that most players wouldnt be able to afford to pay say 10-12 per ingot or whatever. Maybe just make resources slightly more expensive (not regs though).

G

Oh, and after this threads been running for a month and a half, could we have an official response on whether any of this is even possible, please?

G

Gareth420

Hard as it is to believe we actually agree on something. I never understood why they put 999 of resources when it was supposed to be only regs. Its been that way since 2001. I used to run a very successful lumber vendor made tons of money off it. Now its useless unless I want to sell under what the npcs do (which is not even worth my time).

Did you mean only on the pre uor shard or in general they need to fix this. Because this is something that needs fixed across all shards.

G

The problem with fixing it across every shard is scripters have free reign on Trammel facets. On a Pre-UOR shard the only place a scripter would be safe is in town, and there is hardly any resources to script there.

Way, way back when there were no houses or player vendors. So the developers decided NPCs needed to sell resources in case resouce sellers were not online. Well now we have player vendors, so this should be fixed.

G

Gareth420

How can scripters do anything but drive the price of resources down on production shards? I think alot of exploiting happens with scripts that buy all resources from the vendors and make them spawn 999 all the time. In theory the supply and demand should drive the price up but in reality it has no effect.

I think scripters would be pretty safe on a pre uor shard also. The one thing I can think of is maybe the current scrpting software might not work on a pre uor shard (at first anyways).

All this stuff that needs to be coded and with the dev team leaving en-masse i am kind of worried now about how long we will have production shards much less any new ones. I just do not see it happening. I could be wrong have been before but I am worried now if UO will even be around next year.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

JC....

As to the resources...

I feel it would be fine for them to be on the vendors... but only with a vendor system that is more to the style vex was trying to create...

ie. Price is "remembered" and possibly per town/establishment/facet/shard [i would prefer Town or Shard]

That way joe blow buys 500 yards of cloth [this would also have to be fixed... so that 1,000 yards of cloth being purchased raised the price by 1gp per yard... even if they were purchased in bolts] in the east britain tailor and I buy 500 yards of cloth in the west brit tailor and once we've both made our purchase the price across all of britain raises by 1gp per yard.

The resource gatherers would be WELL AND TRULY in demand.... but the option would also be there to use the overinflated vendors to purchase if you were in a major bind.

By the by... I'd prefer to see the reagents on the same list as all the other resources [which would require a way of farming resources...] If we're talking pre-gardening... then I would say obtain it as a resource gathered from corpses of monsters/animals of specific "elements" Such as sulphurous ash would be obtainable from Fire Elementals... when they die they drop a lump of sulphur... Which has to be taken to an alchemist and processed into the useable sulphurous ash :)

But thats quite an intricate system.... the idea would be to involve as many different skilltypes as possible... [mining to gather raw pig iron, magery to change it into useable pig iron as another example]

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

The 500 of stackable resources being added to vendors was a good change [as part of the whole plan that they had] but the whole plan never came to fruition and the implementation of the 500 was almost useless... it resets every publish that affects vendors and is only PER VENDOR.. [of which there are literally hundreds of each vendor type throughout the lands]

S

Spelunk

<blockquote><hr>

If you would like to discuss the benefits etc of a pre uor shard I would be more than happy to continue. If you would prefer to just sit and attack me I guess you will talk to yourself. I reported this thread to the mods and we will see what they call it.

Fact: There was spamming insulting the dev team.
Fact: Its in screenshots posted by people who are on your side.
Fact: When I said the part about insulting them again the guy had said something to the effect that you have to talk like that to the dev team. He said thats all they understand. Thereby insulting the dev team yet again.
Fact: You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

You can take comments out of context it is still personal attacks on myself. Show me where I perosnally attacked anyone in this thread. Show me where I said I do not have to listen to you because of your board name. You cannot because I did not. I stated my opinion on the issues not the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact: While I don't agree with personally insulting the Devs, they have insulted us by not even aknowledging (sp?) that this issue exists.
Fact: So what?
Fact: 42 pages &amp; still no response from any EA rep whatsoever.
Fact: Five years of honey, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, wasabi, marinara sauce, you name it...

The LEAST they can do is tell us to go fly a kite, but we can't even get that.

Gareth420, I really don't see anyone flaming you. They are challenging your viewpoint just as you are challenging theirs. Do you report every poster that disagrees with you? Come on.

You don't want this shard. We get it. Some of us would love it. Come back to the Great Lakes forum. We miss you.

D

Devious_Focker

Id just like to add that I was one of those "Anti PreUOR" Necromancers that did the wither suicide mission. If you look carefully you can see "the corpse of Weed Monster" Ive never got soooooo many kill counts in one shot :) Good times! ! !

L

Liante

I just wanna put in my "I support Pre-UOR" stamp of approval.

Saying it can't be done is naive and ignorant. They essentially did it with IPY and it had a huge following but lacked the necessary structure to continute.

R

Reflection

<blockquote><hr>

All this stuff that needs to be coded and with the dev team leaving en-masse i am kind of worried now about how long we will have production shards much less any new ones. I just do not see it happening. I could be wrong have been before but I am worried now if UO will even be around next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to agree with you on this. Haven't seen any new posts regarding development team member hirings, nor jobs posted for them for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.