• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Husband Store...AKA OT Babble Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

I'm missing something. How do you know it's supposed to be a bull? I don't watch cartoons anymore so I've never seen the show. And don't worry; we all know you're not psychotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it isn't a bull, then it's some weird deep voiced transvestite cross dressing bull! The voice sounds like a guy, and it is named Otis.

How many female cows you got named Otis up there in your part of the country?

*falls out of chair laughing* pffft bahahahahahahahaha

G

I really have no explanation for a cow with a deep voice (was she a smoker?) but as far as the names? My dad had milk cows and he named them all. The main ones I remember are 'Jack', 'Jill', 'Dyno' and her calf, 'Mite'. But that's just the way things were done "up in my part of the country".

U

UOFaerr

No.. He doesn't sound like Bette Davis. He sounds more like a whiny man voice like Jerry Seinfield but with gonads.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jerry Seinfield but with gonads.

[/ QUOTE ]ROFL'ing!!! I just fell off my chair!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jerry Seinfield but with gonads.

[/ QUOTE ]ROFL'ing!!! I just fell off my chair!

[/ QUOTE ]You could get some side rails for that chair.

[/ QUOTE ]I went right over the rail!

<blockquote><hr>

I heard that some of you attended the town hall meeting last weekend and I'd like to hear what you thought about it. Did you meet many players from Baja? Were you impressed or was smoke being blown up certain places? Let's hear from those of you who got to go.

[/ QUOTE ]It was a mixed bag, but still good. There was a fair amount of people, maybe 30 or 40 people... but certainly not an overwhelming turnout. And 2 devs... DragonHead and Supreem. I didn't see Jeremy there, I'm not sure that she was there.

The only persons I remember being there specifically from Baja was Capone/Nicolai from the Mage Tower (he rode his motorcycle up from San Diego), and Oriana from here on the UOS Baja board (her and her husband came all the way from Phoenix, AZ). There were several Stratics staff there... Ghost Writer, PAS, and a few others (I couldn't remember everyone's names). Also Cyrstal Rose, Sandman, and several others from Whispering Rose Radio.

I didn't see any smoke... I saw 2 devs doing the best they could. DragonHead and Supreem were very knowledge, but they didn't know all the answers and said so... but answered them as best they could. DragonHead is a designer, Supreem is an engineer. So answering questions about things like GM support and live content is a little harder. They are good guys, but it felt like they were kind of left hung out to dry.

There are around 40 people on the UO Team, having only 2 devs to do a Q&amp;A for a team of 40 for a product like UO... they did good. Something like this there should be 4 to 6 people from the team... but that's hard to justify for only 30 fans.

Whispering Rose Radio did a great job. And Sandman was all over the room with the microphone!

There's already been a lot of the details posted in topics all over the forums. So I'll wrap up with my general impression from this town hall. The UO Team cares, they really do. They listen even if they cannot make every change every player asks for.

They really see KR as UO's future. UO needs a lot of fixing and it is possible... just not on the old infrastructure (including 2D). Working on legacy spaghetti code and a 10 year old game engine (aka 2D) and having more than one client is the biggest issue in doing new things for UO. If they can have one -<u>modern</u>- client and server platform it would... change UO's world.

G

Thank you Nok. Oriana said about the same thing when I asked her about it. She seemed excited about the future of UO so it's nice to read it from another person too. With only 2 people there from the UO staff, I'm sure they were feeling overwhelmed so major kudos to them! I hope to be playing UO until they turn the lights off.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope to be playing UO until they turn the lights off.

[/ QUOTE ]Ditto.

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I hope to be playing UO until they turn the lights off.

[/ QUOTE ]Ditto.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok.. I'm an elf. I'll be playing in the dark. I'll cast a good 'ole IN LOR for ya if you need it.

U

UOFaerr

Hrmmm oh that's funny. I replied with repeat like it was the word association game. No, I don't plan on playing till the lights are out. haha

S

shard

I used to say I would turn out the lights in Baja just before it was shut down, but I will have to leave that task to someone else. After 10 years, I am shutting down my UO activities around the first of the year. Besides, I haven't done much other than the S|A BSRs over the last year anyway. Time to go.

+++ also +++

NO YOU CAN"T HAVE MY STUFF!!!! What I can't pack into the bank and take with me will be allowed to decay and blow away in the wind.

U

UOFaerr

That don't look like all that's decayed and blown in the wind? Is it cold in here? *twitter*

Good to see you Shard.

U

UOFaerr

Alright, so uhm okay I have to talk about this and get it off my chest somewhere. Since I don't blog this is one of my outlets.

I would like to know how I made it for 38 yrs on this planet without noticing people picking their ear wax.

Seriously folks. I mean okay I saw it happen now and then, but for some reason everywhere I go the past couple months I have seen people doing the following things.

1. Reach in their ear with a pinky or pointer finger and twist it around...
2. Pull finger out of ear and LOOK at finger.
3. Instead of getting a tissue they usually take the fingernail from the other hand and scrape under the finger that was inside the ear.

Now, instead of just one hand with a finger with either ear wax or popped blackhead on it, they now have TWO hands with a finger with ear wax or popped blackhead on it. Nice....

You know, I would rather see them wipe that on their jeans than sit there and look under there fingernail like it's a treat.

I have been seeing people do this when they scratch their backs too.

Notice that if someone scratches their arm or leg or whatever they usually never look under their fingernails when they are done. But when it's the back or the ear they are always diggin in that nail for some boogie treasure.

It's disgusting. I want to wretch when I see it and squirt everything with lysol. Please folks if you have to scratch your ear, just like a booger from your nose, put it in a tissue. Geez!

Okay I got that off my chest thanks!

S

shard

Faerr, why are you making me read this twice? Is there going to be a third time? Should I take notes in case there is a test?

U

UOFaerr

Well I figure this is your alter ego... Not sure if he is as smart as the other one. Probably should read it twice!

S

shard

Why I'll have you know my ego has NEVER been altered!

And I have some choice beachfront property for sale.....

G

*ROFLMBO* That is perfect!!! It that your backyard? They just poop all over mine, eat my trees (so they can poop even more) and then they leave.

G

I had to read that twice, Shard. I thought you said it was a butt magnet. *LOL* And what's this about you quitting the game? Noooooo! We can't lose any more good people. I'm going to have to tame up a bunch of drakes and surround your house so you can't get in it to move. So take that.

S

shard

<blockquote><hr>

We can't lose any more good people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bajeez woman, who in the world ever said I was good people? Faerr? You believe her?

I

imported_Merv_DeGriff

People don't quit UO, they just forget that all the other MMOGs out there are just level grinds and lack RP in MMORPG.

Then they remember the fun of a house, healing a n00b, getting eaten by Paroxamous...

And the they return to flavor country.
(Only UO doesn't cause cancer. FFXI does that.)

Back to healing!

U

UOFaerr

Played CoV for a long time. The only RP I enjoyed in that game was joining an RP team and emoting bad gas.

I am now playing Tabula Rasa. I am in a well established clan and we are having a blast. Yeah it can be a grind to get your lvls, but so far pvp has been a lot of fun.

You forget, that even in UO you have to work at your skills. It isn't like you can just jump out of the gate and fight high end things. Unless you purposefully work at a skill it takes forever to raise it.

I prefer graphics that look like the game was designed this century.

But, I still like to check in with people I have known a while so I post and read these boards. One thing UO definitely has had is community.

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

I was in the TR beta... it is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you come back let me know. PM me here on the boards. I can set you up with some credits and armor/ammo.

S

shard

Taylor reports that tonight he was wiggling his butt in Mama Faith's general direction.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I bet it was pretty harmless.

I

imported_Hazard

<blockquote><hr>

Taylor reports that tonight he was wiggling his butt in Mama Faith's general direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I witnessed this curious display as well.

I

imported_Hazard

On a normal day I would have grabbed one, but I was kind of drifting in and out and came to as Taylor was wagging. A sight to wake up to indeed...

G

<blockquote><hr>

On a normal day I would have grabbed one, but I was kind of drifting in and out and came to as Taylor was wagging. A sight to wake up to indeed...

[/ QUOTE ]
I was mighty tempted to grab that fanny myself. *ROFL* I was watching all of the activity around me when I looked up to see Taylor wiggling his buns. It made me spit my Pepsi on the keyboard.

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the stress of the new employment is getting to Taylor... *frown*

I

imported_Hazard

Gives a whole new definition to what the letters BSR might actually stand for.

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

Gives a whole new definition to what the letters BSR might actually stand for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Butt Shaking ******?

S

shard

Happy holidays you buncha Butt Shaking *******.....

I go away and the Baja Babble ceases?

G

Merry Christmas to you too. *LOL* You had me at the "butt shaking *******". And yes, it's your fault. See! You go away and we lose our source of entertainment and someone to pick on.

S

shard

Depending on me for your entertainment is just sad.

You need a hobby or something.

There is this game out there called Ultima Online, p'raps you've heard of it?

S

shard

<blockquote><hr>

I like most things that are twisted and full of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, that would explain your interactions with Faerr....

<blockquote><hr>

He just bought me a new sander, router and router table since I wore my previous ones out. My hobbies can be expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I was pricing circular saws today. Some good deals at the local pawn shops. Expensive bit was I saw a battery powered kit that caught my eye.....

Twisted? Moi? Indeed!

G

So you saw a saw? Did you buy the saw that you saw or did you see another saw that was better? *snicker* (Couldn't help myself.)

After spending a month doing tax returns for personal and 3 businesses in addition to ones for the whole family &amp; friends, I'M PUNCHY. I'm needing someone's 'twisted' mind to put me back on track. Will anyone hear my cry for help????

S

shard

What's this stoopid ringing in my ears? Sounds like a harpy caught under a earth ele! Oh, wait....

Hey Mama! How you doing, girlie?

I got a new jigsaw! Roxie and I are updating our kitchen appliances and the new cooktop required adjusting the counter cutout.

Five burner cooktop installed and functional. Boo, yah. New vent hood next. Easy job. But the biggee will be replacing the double oven with a microwave/oven combo. Got to save up for that biotch.

Dishwasher will be last, and then new countertops and backsplash. New sink and faucet when that happens.

And reworking the front porch posts. And the front porch light fixture.

And I saw climbing roses today I want to try on the fence out front.

And I want to get a martin box up......

Ain't owning your own place wonderful!

U

UOFaerr

Steer clear of LG appliances. Our dishwasher has been a real lemon being serviced as of this time 5 times in less than two years. Go all the way out and buy a Kitchenaid it will be a good product and will live up to it's name.

I have to redo my kitchen counters. I can't decide if I will have concrete tops made, or design my own and install them myself. If I did not have children I would have steel tops with black appliances, but yep with kids I don't want any thing that will show up evidence of their existence. The steel is also a bit loud and I could just hear kids in a steel kitchen. haha

Yes, it's fun owning your own home but it sure isn't cheap. :p

I hope you enjoy your roses. I have to replace numerous shrubs with low water plants and have been sneaking up taking pictures of yards I like. I am sure people wonder what the hell I am doing. I'm not above knocking on a door and saying scuse me, I'd like a picture of that plant. But most the time I don't ask.

We had a lot of rain last September, so the blue bonnets are going to be extra pretty this year. I can't wait.

S

shard

Hiya Faerr.

Amongst the projects I listed earlier, I didn't mention a new mailbox.

So a new<font color="green"> green </font>mailbox has been aquired. I put the address decals on it today. I have some acrylic sealer I am going to spray it with before I mount it on the post.

*insert Butthead voice here*

He said mount.

*nuff Butthead*

I'm officially a tiny gear in a global chemical conglomerate machine. Actually, I like the job. I did the same bit a few years ago as a contractor, and it was pretty sweet to have the users call the help line and say:

*insert Southern accent here*

"Send ole pony-tail boy down here, he knows how to fix it."

*nuff accent*

Hehe. Sure, working in a bromine and bromine related product plant isn't always the nicest environment, but I like the people and that's what counts.

Oh, and they offered about $5000 more a year in pay than I expected. That's always nice.....

So what's bromine, you ask? Check out its Wiki entry.

Bromine on Wiki

Quoting the Wiki article:

<blockquote><hr>

The largest bromine reserve in the United States is located in Columbia and Union County, Arkansas. Israel's bromine reserves are contained in the waters of the Dead Sea. The bromide-rich brines are treated with chlorine gas, flushing through with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bromine, chlorine, ammonia, the list goes on and on. A great environment to work!

I had an awesome chiv macer on my second account that was named Bromine. See how I brought this rambling post back around to UO? I'm good like that.....

G

It's so good to see Faerr and ponytail boy back! *wink* When all of you finish redoing your kitchens, you can come and do ours. This must be the year for redoing them. I get to scrape 266 sq. ft. of popcorn ceiling down. Yeah, I can hear you groan and wish you were me.
Have either of you looked into refacing cabinets? We want to keep the cabinet doors because they're oak but the cabinets themselves are that cheap paneling crud. I may just get a wild hair and see what I can do with my table saw and router. The chips of wood will be flying! I'd venture to guess that both of you have also watched your share of "Flip That House".

Congratulations on the job Shard! I'll be done with my part-time job on April 15th. It boggles my mind to see how much people have paid in with Federal taxes. Some pay more than the hubby and I make in a whole year. I guess you have to make the money to owe the money. That'll be us when the Publisher's Clearing House van pulls up our driveway. I'm thinking they lost their map or something.

Faerr, if you do those concrete countertops, I'd like to hear how they turn out. The projects are endless but it can be enjoyable and it keeps my overactive mind occupied. This is a good thing.

I don't know that it's possible to bring this post back around to UO. *ponders* Nope! I got nothing.

S

shard

Whew Mama! Doing your own cabinets is a whale of a job! I am OK with basic woodwork, but I'm better with metal. Cabinet making is very precise. Everything has to be square and level, the drawers and doors have to be right. Out of my league. My older brother could handle it, but not me.

If your kitchen is pretty square and simple, with no odd nooks and crannies, you might get a cabinet shop to build the basic cabinet structure and then finish it yourself (maybe reusing the oak doors). That might be a faster and cheaper alternative to doing it all yourself.

I'll bring it back around to UO by wishing redoing your house in RL was as easy as it is in UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll bring it back around to UO by wishing redoing your house in RL was as easy as it is in UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless it's the roof! I still haven't figured those suckers out so my UO house will have a roof garden until I do.

S

shard

Roof? We ain't got no roof. We don't need no roof.

I AIN'T GOT TO SHOW YOU ANY STINKIN' ROOF!

It isn't worth giving up the top floor of a custom house to have a roof.

G

*LOL* You've seen 'The Treasure of Sierra Madre' and/or 'Blazing Saddles' too many times. As long as you don't start imitating the campsite scene, I'll be OK.

S

shard

<blockquote><hr>

You've seen 'The Treasure of Sierra Madre' and/or 'Blazing Saddles' too many times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not!!!

Well, we got past Monday. Monday was t3h suxxors. We even broke the coffee maker in the breakroom!
But all was not lost. One of the guys pulled out a backup Mr. Coffee and the world started spinning again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.