• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the map DJAD. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Katrena

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play Atlantic, I went into the orc cave with my thief. Used stealth, and to cover my butt, brought a bag of sending as well. Did this twice, once for both accounts. Easy.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
For one...i seroiusly doubt the devs have allowed 'trial accounts' to be able to get the toys...that would be really stuipid of them!!may as well let them place a house again.....so i dont wanna here folks crying about that becuse its cant be happening?? can it??

And err Bad ass Mojo ... as everyone got a ''orc skin mask'' in the bank box??? ....errr....no they havent!!!!....but yes it would be a good way to collect the toy...

And lastly i seroiusly doubt a naked player could get in and out..but yes its possble on a half trained char with a cheap 70s suit to do it ..yes...
why this sounds like a challenge!
i love challenges!!!

so let me submit this for your consideration.
new character, just made him for this, named him aptly 'Gimmy Gimmy Gift'
picked the 'mage' pre made load out.
so whats that like 30 in magic and med?
25 STR
went and used my gold to buy a horse.
found a santa outfit on the ground at the bank (seriously, it was on the ground!)
went to yew moongate and this is where the video starts.

used the ruined portal to get to the entrance to the dungeon and started running.
ran all the way to level 2, realized i had no night site, ran on.
ran up to chest, double clicked on chest.
no problem.

ping was 184 with 0 packet loss.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are missing the point....
but Lest I digress...
EM Bennnu may have many love his devilish mind bending hunts and be a great EM in general...
There are limits to being a devil, and taking things too far.
Hollidays like Christmas is one for giving and making it a joyfull occasion.
While I do agree, to just pop a chest out there is to many lame, I do not doubt if a tad bit of whimsy would go a long way to make the season memorable.
I envoke EM Bennu to try his hand at the next gift giving to be more socialy incline.... this means no death in the mix.....
Not everything has to be about death and how to kill your fellow players.

I do thank all the players on Atlantic who helped the vast amount of players get their gift. Way to go guys!
You have the real sprit of UO play...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why this sounds like a challenge!
i love challenges!!!

so let me submit this for your consideration.
new character, just made him for this, named him aptly 'Gimmy Gimmy Gift'
picked the 'mage' pre made load out.
so whats that like 30 in magic and med?
25 STR
went and used my gold to buy a horse.
found a santa outfit on the ground at the bank (seriously, it was on the ground!)
went to yew moongate and this is where the video starts.

used the ruined portal to get to the entrance to the dungeon and started running.
ran all the way to level 2, realized i had no night site, ran on.
ran up to chest, double clicked on chest.
no problem.

ping was 184 with 0 packet loss.
I stand corrected...u win.....LOL....even though u cheated on the way out!!!!...but hey one hit and u woukd have been monochrome....but point taken u did it....:next:

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i saw that light pop up behind me it was all i could see in that dark dungeon so i ran for the moongate.
i think i could have made the run out, the hard part would have been the drop from level 2 to 1 as there was a nice sized greeting party there.

its those little challenges that i love to do.
nothing says fun in UO like running naked somewhere!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are missing the point....
but Lest I digress...
EM Bennnu may have many love his devilish mind bending hunts and be a great EM in general...
There are limits to being a devil, and taking things too far.
Hollidays like Christmas is one for giving and making it a joyfull occasion.
While I do agree, to just pop a chest out there is to many lame, I do not doubt if a tad bit of whimsy would go a long way to make the season memorable.
I envoke EM Bennu to try his hand at the next gift giving to be more socialy incline.... this means no death in the mix.....
Not everything has to be about death and how to kill your fellow players.

I do thank all the players on Atlantic who helped the vast amount of players get their gift. Way to go guys!
You have the real sprit of UO play...

I emphasized the part that I found said it best. Does anyone else remember one of the Halloween "tricks" from several years ago? Discovering instant death was NOT received well by anyone I knew.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's my opinion..... I think it's rather against the entire spirit of Christmas ..... if you ask me. And a slap in the face to those who think the Holiday is Sacred..... The Holiday is Celebration of Christ's Birth and giving gifts is done in remembrance of the Gift that God gave to us.

Wut

Christmas comes from the Pagan Winter Solstice. Christianity took the holiday over as a means to wipe out the paganism that existed at the time. Many historians say Jesus wasn't even born in December.

I enjoy Christmas, I had 12 years of Catholic school as well, and by no means do I see how this could EVER be a "slap" in the face of ANYONE or ANYTHING. This is a GAME. We all got our free gifts by logging in. The toy chests are an added trinket solely from the EM's, and how the EM's decide to distribute it is up to them.

Why would someone who doesn't 1. Know EM Bennu, or 2. Play Atlantic even care about collecting 200 of these things? Half the people complaining in here probably end up selling all these toy soldiers anyway. If you want to get a full set, its understandable, but its not so hard that you have to go online and complain on a forum.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wut

Christmas comes from the Pagan Winter Solstice. Christianity took the holiday over as a means to wipe out the paganism that existed at the time. Many historians say Jesus wasn't even born in December.

I enjoy Christmas, I had 12 years of Catholic school as well, and by no means do I see how this could EVER be a "slap" in the face of ANYONE or ANYTHING. This is a GAME. We all got our free gifts by logging in. The toy chests are an added trinket solely from the EM's, and how the EM's decide to distribute it is up to them.

Why would someone who doesn't 1. Know EM Bennu, or 2. Play Atlantic even care about collecting 200 of these things? Half the people complaining in here probably end up selling all these toy soldiers anyway. If you want to get a full set, its understandable, but its not so hard that you have to go online and complain on a forum.
FYI I haven't gotten his ..... have no intention of going there. I do like collecting sets of things... I do have some characters on Atl... And I still think that for something that is supposed to be a "gift" it's just wrong and not at all in the spirit of Christmas.

And NO Jesus was NOT born in December. But what matters is what we are Celebrating ... And I don't sell any of it. Some of us like to collect things. If I really wanted to have one that bad I could .... Just don't think it's right to put a gift out of the reach of people on his own shard. Sticking up for the "little guy" I suppose. But I still think it's wrong.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Storm, he has no limits, he even makes llamas cry. Just wait him out and you can get a toy.

Plus there are so many players who will help you get there and back out. Only one of mine died and it was my own fault. Dav, Silly Sally & Hemingway will help you.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally agree with what Promathia said. To much damn complaining in this thread. Let me define what EM Bennu is...

EM Bennu (Event Moderator) - Someone who dedicates way more time to Atlantic events than required. An EM is only paid to do a certain amount of hours of work and it doesn't matter if the work over their hours, they get paid the same. EM Bennu puts in way more hours then what is needed and he puts care and creativity in his events. An EM is suppose to add STORYLINE and FICTION to their events in order to give out rewards. It's good to actually work for something instead of getting a free ticket, you will appreciate that item way longer than if it were just handed to you without work.

Again, if you don't like EM Bennu's event style, just stay on your own shard. HEY... that's a brilliant idea. I'd rather have an EM that puts more creativity in their events than to have an EM do their job half a$$ and the event last 15 minutes with absolutely no good creativity and fiction. Why do you think Atlantic EM event items are so much in value? hmm... maybe because there is so much storyline behind that item to make it valuable.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wut

Well you could say that about any EM or any shard. Why do others who dont know other EMs go to other shards? they don't go to get to know the EM of the shards its all about the item you get from doing a EM event. I wont be selling my 4 they will sit in the bank it was just fun going and getting them. Im one for play the game the way you want so I wont complain how EM Bennu handles how he does things.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies were still about 11 short nd onkly 7 days till xmas.... sooo either time to share....time .... in xmas spirit... to share//....onl 2 choices... share or share

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Great lakes is up in yew, just south of the main city

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes (If you go now plenty of nice people gating to the spot).

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Great Lakes. Go to Heartwood in Tram Yew. Then go SE down the path to the first thatched roof house. It has a big dragon on the roof. Toy box is in front of that house.

Sonoma: Serpent's hold, royal guard meeting hall far north

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we could get this thread cleaned up a bit........?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes (If you go now plenty of nice people gating to the spot).

The significance of this location for Great Lakes, for those who don't know, is that it's where a baby Crimson Dragon male and a baby Platinum Dragon female live, watched over by their human guardians. Sometimes their magic gets out of control thus leading to various events.

In this case, however, their magic summoned the soldier dispenser.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Catskills: In the little cave near Covetous on the far western tip of the mountain. Caution: there are currently killer bunnies spawning; newbie players should wait a day.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills: In the little cave near Covetous on the far western tip of the mountain. Caution: there are currently killer bunnies spawning; newbie players should wait a day.
Area is now safe, pop in and get it :)

Elf.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kinda just leaves legends.....and europa ??? wow and baja??? ...again wow...on the west side of the world....

and half dozen in the far east.....

anyone who as contact......wanna give these EMs a nudge!!!...

its a week today chrimbo

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Anyone know when the next event for each of the remaining shards is? That seems the most likely time for their toyboxes to show up.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

CyrahSage

Lady Storm, he has no limits, he even makes llamas cry. Just wait him out and you can get a toy.Plus there are so many players who will help you get there and back out. Only one of mine died and it was my own fault. Dav, Silly Sally & Hemingway will help you.​
You are missing the point made by the people (including me) who posted earlier. There were players then helping and gating but it was to no avail. They were dying too, the spawn was just too heavy. Many of us (including me) did get a toy but were then killed. You cannot wait out what is irretrievable. The gifts for us are lost forever. If they were Blessed it would not be problem, as they are one per account and not Blessed there is no way back.​
I wonder if all the player who posted stating how easy it was to get theirs had died and lost them in the same fashion, they would be posting so happily?​
My experience on Atlantic this year just tells me that many players on Atlantic have the true Christmas spirit, the EM does not.​

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally agree with what Promathia said. To much damn complaining in this thread. Let me define what EM Bennu is...

EM Bennu (Event Moderator) - Someone who dedicates way more time to Atlantic events than required. An EM is only paid to do a certain amount of hours of work and it doesn't matter if the work over their hours, they get paid the same. EM Bennu puts in way more hours then what is needed and he puts care and creativity in his events. An EM is suppose to add STORYLINE and FICTION to their events in order to give out rewards. It's good to actually work for something instead of getting a free ticket, you will appreciate that item way longer than if it were just handed to you without work.

Again, if you don't like EM Bennu's event style, just stay on your own shard. HEY... that's a brilliant idea. I'd rather have an EM that puts more creativity in their events than to have an EM do their job half a$$ and the event last 15 minutes with absolutely no good creativity and fiction. Why do you think Atlantic EM event items are so much in value? hmm... maybe because there is so much storyline behind that item to make it valuable.

Alex, I like you, I'd even go so far to say that you are one of the few people that I know strictly via the internet that I would consider a real life friend. I'll say we have a different opinion of Bennu.

A good event isn't based off how many corpses or how many times players die. Or by having some players in the know. A good story isn't picking up an old book not many people have read, changing a few names and calling it your own. A good event isn't creating creatures that no number of players can defeat and after 20-30 minutes of fighting, changing their stats so they can be beaten. A good event isn't porting players into hallways packed with Area Effect damaging creatures.

Atlantic's rares are valuable because of the number of players who play mainly on Atlantic, not because of the story behind the events.

I am glad you enjoy the EM events on Atlantic and that you like EM Bennu... our perspectives are just completely opposite of each other.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to commend the EM on Catskills on the way the Christmas gift was implemented. It gave the players that enjoy a challenge fun, then it allowed the casual player to get the gift.

Katrena

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from looking at the EM forums i would guess that;
Baja is due out on the 19th,
Legends on the 21st,
Siege has no event listed,

Formosa is listed as the 20th
the rest of the Korean and Japanese shards do not have listings.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from looking at the EM forums i would guess that;
Baja is due out on the 19th,
Legends on the 21st,
Siege has no event listed,

Formosa is listed as the 20th
the rest of the Korean and Japanese shards do not have listings.
yikes i know the europa EM is new but surely hes gonna log in at some point and place the toy box...would only take a 5 minutes!!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yikes i know the europa EM is new but surely hes gonna log in at some point and place the toy box...would only take a 5 minutes!!
the EM forum lists a even for the Winter Solstice at 8pm, so that would be the 21st.
id imagine that would be when the Europa EM will be doing his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.