• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Atlantic is at the bottom and back of the orc caves (entrance at 16 N, 21 W); be prepared to die often, and keep in mind that the toy soldiers are NOT blessed.

Hokuto is gone today; I don't know if it has ended, or just moved, but it is no longer on top of the WBB.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Would someone please post a screen shot with map for the Atlantic Toy chest. I just went though both levels and never saw the location shown in the other picture.

Thanks, Katrena

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the deaths EM Bennu and Tawerat. Character goes in, clicks chest, 300 orcs spawn instantly directly on top of her, only about 2 people in the cave to assist, after 8 death robes and NO chance of recovering body, spawn is finally cleared but the body has now decayed, click chest again, says can't get another.

Thanks for nothing but serious aggravation and total disappointment. Xmas is supposed to be FUN.

If the item is a one off one per account deal, and is not blessed, please have the courtesy to put the chest where characters of all level of skill have a slight chance of getting to it. If you weren't online when the bulk of the shard was there assisting you are basically out of luck. Warning to anyone else going in with not maxed out chars, don't bother unless there are fifty people in there assisting in reducing the spawn and just hope that when you do go you are lucky enough to pick the time when 300 orcs don't respawn. Worst location of all shards.

Last edited:

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have known the Atl boxs was gonna be hard to get... Bennu does this every year. He thinks its fun to make people die trying to get a gift that should be easy for everyone to get. If 1000 new chars log in just to grab the gift who cares... keeping people who dont play ATl from getting the gift doesnt make it any more special than the other shards.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like we may need some Kleenex and possibly a wambulance on atl tonight.

i ran in, grabbed a toy on 4 accounts and had no problems.
and there was no one else in there running distractions either.
most orcs i saw at the toy box was 3.

i must admit it was a nice change to all the easy shards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO I don't know if he thinks it's "cute" or "funny" or what but what EM Bennu does is his prerogative.... however the item is meant to be a "gift" for the holiday... it's a shame he has to make it some some folk on his own shard can't get one.

Something that's supposed to be a Gift for the Holiday ought to be given freely .... if he wants to make it dang near impossible to get regular drops that's fine.... but a holiday gift should be accessible to all.... Period.

That's my opinion..... I think it's rather against the entire spirit of Christmas ..... if you ask me. And a slap in the face to those who think the Holiday is Sacred..... The Holiday is Celebration of Christ's Birth and giving gifts is done in remembrance of the Gift that God gave to us. Not that I'm an overly religious person but Christmas has already been destroyed by greed... Why he feels the need to feed that greed is beyond me. And if you think he's not by making it difficult to get so "greedy" people can't get it on new characters remember that not everyone in UO plays characters that fight.... many enjoy other aspects of the game like crafting...... somehow I don't see my crafters being able to run down into the orc dungeon. And I'm sure there are plenty of crafter types on Atl. Too bad they won't be getting a Holiday Gift from the DEV's this year... but I expect they are used to that by now since he does this to them everytime.

It's my opinion that the gift should be about sharing.... and should be available to all who would like it. Guess Bennu just doesn't have a Christmas Spirit and I guess that he isn't about community.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Asuka's is on TOP of WBB

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just ran 2 NOOB chars on Alt and never died. When I clked the chest it never spawned anything except a TOY.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO I don't know if he thinks it's "cute" or "funny" or what but what EM Bennu does is his prerogative.... however the item is meant to be a "gift" for the holiday... it's a shame he has to make it some some folk on his own shard can't get one.

Something that's supposed to be a Gift for the Holiday ought to be given freely .... if he wants to make it dang near impossible to get regular drops that's fine.... but a holiday gift should be accessible to all.... Period.

That's my opinion..... I think it's rather against the entire spirit of Christmas ..... if you ask me. And a slap in the face to those who think the Holiday is Sacred..... The Holiday is Celebration of Christ's Birth and giving gifts is done in remembrance of the Gift that God gave to us. Not that I'm an overly religious person but Christmas has already been destroyed by greed... Why he feels the need to feed that greed is beyond me. And if you think he's not by making it difficult to get so "greedy" people can't get it on new characters remember that not everyone in UO plays characters that fight.... many enjoy other aspects of the game like crafting...... somehow I don't see my crafters being able to run down into the orc dungeon. And I'm sure there are plenty of crafter types on Atl. Too bad they won't be getting a Holiday Gift from the DEV's this year... but I expect they are used to that by now since he does this to them everytime.

It's my opinion that the gift should be about sharing.... and should be available to all who would like it. Guess Bennu just doesn't have a Christmas Spirit and I guess that he isn't about community.
you already received your 'free' gift from UO.
this is from the EM.
if he wants to make you work for your treats that up to him.
if he wants to make your BLEED for it that is also up to him.
its not that bad, hell, if he wanted to make you really bleed he would have put it in the FEL side Orc Dungeon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for the deaths EM Bennu and Tawerat.

I agree FULLY on this part ..as for the rest? Nah, I disagree.

I really appreciate the deaths and the fight. I have had a ton of things preventing me from getting in game lately, saw there was some free pixels that I could snatch up within a matter of seconds and figured I would go for it. Recalled in snagged the prized little gem and then noticed all heck breaking loose around me :D VERY nice touch imho...

Untitled.png

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sounds like we may need some Kleenex and possibly a wambulance on atl tonight.

i ran in, grabbed a toy on 4 accounts and had no problems.
and there was no one else in there running distractions either.
most orcs i saw at the toy box was 3.

i must admit it was a nice change to all the easy shards.
Yeah and my first two accounts, which have fully maxed chars on gated in, got their gifts and recalled and there was NOTHING there cept one/two players and maybe two/three orcs. My Partners third account, gated in, clicked the box and instantly had about 300 orcs on the char in one massive spawn and he was dead before he could even insure the item, in fact he didn't even 'see' the item, wasn't even sure if he even got it just saw the box that opens then he was dead, we then spent the next thirty minutes calling in chat for assistance, he and two others died over and over again , while my char tried to keep em alive so they could try and find bodies under the hundreds of dead orcs, sadly the spawn was so thick it was impossible as the second they click on bodies they just got nailed again. Bad timing, but still, it is poor management on the part of the EM's and basically left a really bad taste in the mouth. He and the other char didn't get either body back as they decayed before the orcs were clear enough to get in without getting totally swarmed.

Now he doesn't have a gift and can't get a replacement.

I wouldn't care how hard it was if the item was blessed or if you could get one on each char etc, but when it is one per account and the item isn't blessed it just means that you basically miss out even tho you participated. It wasn't that bad for maxed chars, but his account only plays Atlantic infrequently so the chars are far from max and their gear is not great. Anyways, just my opinion and I really don't care if others think it is ok for some chars to lose their gifts, I don't.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Still waiting for cats, maybe i should make some 50 hinding chars on atlantic and train some stealth and pick like 7 or so up there. Ohh crap found 2 chars on one account already well i can still make a new one. Just a client crash trying to use the old ones. Update, It didnt work on a 0 skilled char without gate on foot trying to even get in there, but well I tried at least!

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree FULLY on this part ..as for the rest? Nah, I disagree.

I really appreciate the deaths and the fight. I have had a ton of things preventing me from getting in game lately, saw there was some free pixels that I could snatch up within a matter of seconds and figured I would go for it. Recalled in snagged the prized little gem and then noticed all heck breaking loose around me :D VERY nice touch imho...

View attachment 18459
And I am sure you would say that had your char been swarmed from zero orcs to 300 in a fraction of a second, before being able to even see your gift, let alone insure it, resulting in your death, body decaying, multiple deaths trying to get back to your body with 300 orcs on it and loss of your item. Very easy sitting with your item telling everyone else how good it is.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah and my first two accounts, which have fully maxed chars on gated in, got their gifts and recalled and there was NOTHING there cept one/two players and maybe two/three orcs. My Partners third account, gated in, clicked the box and instantly had about 300 orcs on the char in one massive spawn and he was dead before he could even insure the item, in fact he didn't even 'see' the item, wasn't even sure if he even got it just saw the box that opens then he was dead, we then spent the next thirty minutes calling in chat for assistance, he and two others died over and over again , while my char tried to keep em alive so they could try and find bodies under the hundreds of dead orcs, sadly the spawn was so thick it was impossible as the second they click on bodies they just got nailed again. Bad timing, but still, it is poor management on the part of the EM's and basically left a really bad taste in the mouth. He and the other char didn't get either body back as they decayed before the orcs were clear enough to get in without getting totally swarmed.

Now he doesn't have a gift and can't get a replacement.

I wouldn't care how hard it was if the item was blessed or if you could get one on each char etc, but when it is one per account and the item isn't blessed it just means that you basically miss out even tho you participated. It wasn't that bad for maxed chars, but his account only plays Atlantic infrequently so the chars are far from max and their gear is not great. Anyways, just my opinion and I really don't care if others think it is ok for some chars to lose their gifts, I don't.
And then EM Bennu sat back and laughed and laughed. And then he dreamed about next seasons ATL EM items and how he can somehow either get his name in their title, or make their title more than 250 characters. Bennu is a special kind of EM. Take that however you would like.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would someone please post a screen shot with map for the Atlantic Toy chest. I just went though both levels and never saw the location shown in the other picture.
ATLANTIC:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I firmly dislike the Atlantic EM... no matter what holliday the gift is almost impossible to keep....... This is the last straw....
Mesanna we all know your for death and all ,but might i remind you it's christmas.... Bennu is going out of his way to make EVERY bloody holliday gift so rare as many cant get them.... this is so mad and devilish that its not a day for gift giving...unless its the gift ofa death robe and for the few who can survive a $$$ maker.
It's ruined my day.... and i see i am not alone.
I am all for a good time and even a little challenge...but to make it so hard.... easter was bad but I and others could help the young and give the lesser powered players get their gift... this is going too far.....
If you thik i am angry your bloody right... almost mad enough to walk away perma...

Last edited:

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i ran in there and got the gift no prob, only 3 orcs where around there and they wernt a problem.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't we have "Satan Claus" a long time ago on some shard? He should return for next year's event.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you thik i am angry your bloody right... almost mad enough to walk away perma...
Wow, really?!

I saw people asking in general for help. I marked a rune directly to the location and gated a total of six people and made sure they got the gift with no problems. You could of asked in general chat. Maybe if nobody was around to help try another time in the day? It's there for a week after all. Or better still post up here asking for assistance in getting the item if your finding it difficult.

As for Bennu the EM he is one of the most involved EMs I've ever come across in the game and I find your words harsh.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's ruined my day.... and i see i am not alone.
I am all for a good time and even a little challenge...but to make it so hard.... easter was bad but I and others could help the young and give the lesser powered players get their gift... this is going too far.....
Seriously!!! this gets you going

there was a great group of players in a variety of locations gateing us weaklings to the chest with a bunch more in the dungeon protecting us
hats off the spirit of the players on Atlantic and for Bennu he's an IMP but he's an known IMP

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play mainly on Europa but I have an alternate Sparrow on Atlantic and have for some 10 years. He is an undeveloped character but able to survive in general. I was in Atlantic with him and went through the gates some players were good enough to provide. On arrival I could not even SEE the chest the Orcs , Ettins etc were too dense. Sparrow did not survive long. Made some attempts to return and collect my body after being ressd.

Anyway the final outcome of my visit to Atlantic resulted in my Christmas gift there being -Total loss of
all I was carrying and wearing, several death robes - loss of my bonded horse whom I had for several years - loss of the toy guard which I saw just before I died and a distinct lack of admiration for the EM who made all this possible.

I would like to thank several players there who both provided gates and tried to assist me. I do not recall their names but they may remember Sparrow either dead or standing in his deathrobe.

If this is the EMs vision of Christmas it certainly is not mine.

I see some players kindly offering to assist players to get their gift but for those like me who got it and died there is no help to be had, bodies in general were unreachable

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was very thankfull to the group of Atlanticans that were gating in anyone and kiling the spawn while players came and went collecting there toys....THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS......TX again for the group Help!!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guild mate of mine just logged on and wanted to get a toy on ATL.
we recalled into the entrance, ran in and ran right up to the chest.
no more spawn.
clear as a bell all the way in.

moongates where opening all over the place and armies of new players where coming and going.
Christmas rush on UO ALT

i logged into a new player and ran him in from the entrance and got his toy too.
no problems at all.

i seriously dont see what people are crying about.
if i can run in here with a naked player on foot with no armor on and get a toy and get out with my crappy connection then some people must still be playing on dial up from a ISP in south korea or something.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
isnt there a green orc mask that makes you invisible to orcs?

heaven forbid someone who is having a problem walking in here should use an orc kin mask to get the free pixil crack.
more then one way to skin a cat.
or orc in this case.
or EM.....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For one...i seroiusly doubt the devs have allowed 'trial accounts' to be able to get the toys...that would be really stuipid of them!!may as well let them place a house again.....so i dont wanna here folks crying about that becuse its cant be happening?? can it??

And err Bad ass Mojo ... as everyone got a ''orc skin mask'' in the bank box??? ....errr....no they havent!!!!....but yes it would be a good way to collect the toy...

And lastly i seroiusly doubt a naked player could get in and out..but yes its possble on a half trained char with a cheap 70s suit to do it ..yes...

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took 7 accounts to Bennu's Toy Chest, I have 2 fully developed chars on Atl so marked a rune inside, was lots of death and monsters and I was able to get all 7 with very few deaths , and I loved how he does his shard not everything should be handed to us on a platter like the spoiled people we have become and want everything easy in this game...

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do some here not understand the written word? Because some players are and have been able to get to the chest in the normal way they seem to think that means it is always like that. Some find it difficult to understand what people are complaining about, but I would have thought that reading the posts would have been self explanatory. If it isn't sobeit. If you read my earlier post you will see that I said I could not even SEE the chest the spawn was so heavy. By implication this means that there were more than 2 or 3 orcs at the location. I apologise to those Atlanteans who tried to assist me and others and died for their efforts valiant tho they were, their deaths were unnecessary in my view.

I see the words 'cute' and 'funny' to be a possible reason for the EM locating the chest here, the word I would use is 'spiteful'.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For one...i seroiusly doubt the devs have allowed 'trial accounts' to be able to get the toys...that would be really stuipid of them!!

I gated a (young) player there today mate. He said he just made the account to try and get another gift. When we got to the chest he said thanks but didn't confirmif he got the prize or not on a new account.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do some here not understand the written word? Because some players are and have been able to get to the chest in the normal way they seem to think that means it is always like that. Some find it difficult to understand what people are complaining about, but I would have thought that reading the posts would have been self explanatory. If it isn't sobeit. If you read my earlier post you will see that I said I could not even SEE the chest the spawn was so heavy. By implication this means that there were more than 2 or 3 orcs at the location. I apologise to those Atlanteans who tried to assist me and others and died for their efforts valiant tho they were, their deaths were unnecessary in my view.

I see the words 'cute' and 'funny' to be a possible reason for the EM locating the chest here, the word I would use is 'spiteful'.

I'm thinking the EM hung out right when the chest was placed and spawned tough mobs during the initial rush. I got there in the initial rush and saw the pumped up orc brutes pop from nowhere. But then those that went later, after the EM had his fun, probably had it much better as they only had to deal with normal spawn or a few beefed up strays.

Most of us know there is a history of this on ATL during the holidays. Personally I kind of enjoy it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Location Orc dungeon... known fact that dungeon is full of nastys.
EM Bennu... known fact he will take any opportunity he can to make some extra fun for Atlantic players. Then it calms down.

Different only in name gifts... imho someone is doing their best to make sure collections as we knew them no longer exist & some named items never spawn. I really do not know why. Maybe as a punishment. That's my game issue. :) So if you get one you kind of have them all. I know, different names...

O' wells, thanks you again team for the gift.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gated a (young) player there today mate. He said he just made the account to try and get another gift. When we got to the chest he said thanks but didn't confirmif he got the prize or not on a new account.
WOW.. Really...Lol....thought the trial accounts couldnt do anything..maybe it was a player that opened a new account rather than a trial?? its crazy if trial accounts are taking toys.. are they taking xmas boxes too...kinda remember getting '''u r too young to get a gift''' ages back... maybe thev changed it to alow trial accounts to do everthing again even placing houses on trial accounts.. will have to make one myself and see!!!! crazy crazy crazy

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, i made a trial account and took it to the Orc dungeon. I was unable to get a toy. i got the message *trial accounts, blah, blah ,blah . . ." so thats good to know.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to satisfy my own curiosity, i made a trial account and took it to the Orc dungeon. I was unable to get a toy. i got the message *trial accounts, blah, blah ,blah . . ." so thats good to know.
I tried as well because I didn't want this to be true and got the same message. :)

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So glad to hear the trial accounts are not getting them.. think the young players u see are new accounts or.... players making new chars on shards they have never played on old accounts...would make perfect sense...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
think GL wil be today as we have a Em event/meeting....

Last edited:

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was very thankfull to the group of Atlanticans that were gating in anyone and kiling the spawn while players came and went collecting there toys....THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS......TX again for the group Help!!

I had same experience. Thank you Hemingway for the gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.