• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Colored Pet Thread

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
shall we start a thread for the new colors?
i think we shall!!!

ill kick it off, here are the 2 new Nightmare colors ive farmed up on Origin so far.

ignore the numbers, that is just my OCD keeping things straight for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So ..... is there a way to see this in the EC Poo???

My thoughts are they all look the same in the EC. I'm hoping not but I haven't seen any evidence that they won't be.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Am I the only one, who thinks the title of this thread sounds a bit racist? :eyes:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, tomorrow ill patch and load EC (vomits in mouth a little) for you guys (swallows vomit) or at the very least ill try to do it (feels the vomit coming up again!!!!)

here is a WW i finally managed to get, took a long while to pop this bugger.
color difference is very subtle compared to the Nightmares.
i took a screeny of the normal hued ones to put beside it, again more so for me for a visual reference when farming them, gets hard to tell when your killing white dragons in a white floor and white walled dungeon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
bah, did it now for ya, yes the NM you cant tell the color difference in EC.
the WW i cant tell the difference between the original Dull and Bright ones but i can tell the difference with the new colored one.
the one and two label on the NM are the same as the above ones in CC (post 1)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm just going to have to say @Kyronix and @Bleak... this is a shame! EC users ought to be able to see these new additions.... sick and tired of not being given the same variations in color and such as the CC users... bad enough that the Hiryu loses all excitement and looks like a plucked chicken and that ALL dragons are RED... But this! This is an outrage!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm just going to have to say @Kyronix and @Bleak... this is a shame! EC users ought to be able to see these new additions.... sick and tired of not being given the same variations in color and such as the CC users... bad enough that the Hiryu loses all excitement and looks like a plucked chicken and that ALL dragons are RED... But this! This is an outrage!
Lol, us CC users will trade your EC functionality for our colors!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, us CC users will trade your EC functionality for our colors!
If I thought they could actually program the CC I'd say go for it... but the DEVs themselves said they wouldn't be updating the old client... so... guess we all have no say.

And I still can't play the CC. It barely plays on my computer... though this computer is better than the last one I had... which forced me to start using the EC... and now that I have I don't think I'll EVER go back.

Function over aesthetics... And there are so many things that actually look far better in the EC... though I will say some things just are a NO...

But I would rather not make this about the clients. I'd rather make this about the art. Which color ought to be a simple one you would think.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm rather disappointed that they are NOT new colors....just variations of the colors they already are....got excited when I saw a teal Toad on test and was hoping for similar with these :(

So new colors is rather false advertising...new shades would have been better wording.

Anyway...for your OCD I will screenshot all 4 directions of my black mare in a bit ;) and here's one of the frost spiders I found wandering about the dungeon.
PureBlack.png
Frosty.png

directonmar.png

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm rather disappointed that they are NOT new colors....just variations of the colors they already are....got excited when I saw a teal Toad on test and was hoping for similar with these :(

So new colors is rather false advertising...new shades would have been better wording.
Can we say this as fact already? ... asking honestly, not as a smart butt :)

I mean they could have made the new colors a low spawning situation.. not quite as bad as the Blaze Cu but not as frequent as the other hue Cu's..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can we say this as fact already? ... asking honestly, not as a smart butt :)

I mean they could have made the new colors a low spawning situation.. not quite as bad as the Blaze Cu but not as frequent as the other hue Cu's..
Not fact yet but from what we've seen...and I know at least 2 people who have been trying really REALLY hard to find them all ;)

I feel bad killing so many but it's what has to be done!

But you might be right! I hope you are! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
SPAWN.png
HUGE snow leapord spawn right outside my castle..so far the only different one I've seen is...white...:/

snowleapord.png

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bahahhhahaha

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While these are not rare colored I thought I share the different Crimson & Platinum Drakes:
Crimson Umbra & Tricertops.jpg Umbra and Eodon
Destard Drakes.jpg Dungeon Destard
v Ice Drakes.jpg Dungeon Ice
Montor Drakes.jpg Montor
Stygian Drake.jpg Stygian Abyss
Lion & Sabertooth Tiger.jpg Eodon
Tsuki Wolf & Palomino Horse.jpg Tsuki wolf (Homare) and Palomino Horse (T2A)

These are all taken in EC...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While these are not rare colored I thought I share the different Crimson & Platinum Drakes:
View attachment 65541 Umbra and Eodon
View attachment 65542 Dungeon Destard
v View attachment 65543 Dungeon Ice
View attachment 65544 Montor
View attachment 65545 Stygian Abyss
View attachment 65546 Eodon
View attachment 65547 Tsuki wolf (Homare) and Palomino Horse (T2A)

These are all taken in EC...
I like the Colors. The new drakes Looks good. And it Look like EC but one question: are they usable after Training or just a GD Little ****ty Brothers?!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saying to the DEVs why bother putting in new pet colors in one client and not the other?
They didn't do anything extra for the CC. They just added a single color (palette).
In UO the actual color is the result of applying a color palette to a certain image (of a pet in this case).
There are 4 different graphics for horses in the CC, a white, two light brown and a dark brown. And there's one single color palette for nightmares. Applying the very same palette to those four different horses, results in having 4 different colored mares.
Same with dragons. There's a brown and a red one. But there's just one white wyrm color palette. Hence, two different colored WWs...

On the EC on the other hand there is just ONE graphic for a horse and ONE graphic for a dragon. They're just colored appropriately. But that also means that there will ever be just one type of mare and one type of WW.

That has been the case since the client launched years ago... so this is nothing new.

Just on a side note, ostards have it even worse. Desert, forest & frenzied ostards have all their own graphics in the CC. (The frenzied looking damn cool, I might add.) But in the EC, there's just a single one for all three types, and on top of that it even looks f*ck**g r*tard*d. (Seriously stratics? even the latter one gets censored?)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You kill't the pink froggie?! :(
Totally didn't mean too..my Cu did it!

I found another one and got it tamed but it went after a bog thing :/

tamed a teal one though...off to find another pink one!

They are REALLY hard to get out of that area...lotta bog critters to navigate around lol.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They are REALLY hard to get out of that area...lotta bog critters to navigate around lol.
Seem pretty easy to find anyway. I wish there were more colored pets!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tried Hoppers Bog?
I found those in Humility...been to Trinsic Swamps, Destard Swamps, Crane Marsh..no joy...heading to Hoppers now.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Find a stealth herder buddy to help!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
7 teal ones and a ton of regular ones later....

pinkie.png

So far these are the only 2 unique colors of the Giant Toads I've seen.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ossein Ram – found in Deceit level 5 at the lichlord and silver serpents spawn , then I was killed :D
The pet looks like an enormous Ibex or Capricorn :).Very coo!!!

Sorry, could not make a pic - i died faster than i could look - and blackwhite/grey also looks good, but colored pics are much better I think
Pershaps someone's so kind to take one ?

Blood Fox – found in Ilshenar...... is there someone who have found this nice one here? If yes - where in Ilshi and how does is look like *curious*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL

Okay found a few different WW's I think...

This one for sure..a lot darker

darkwyrm.png

And this one is super white

Whte.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The blood fox is in the mages dungeon in ilsh, hard to get to and a PAIN to tame he's SUPER fast, lvl 2...I'll run down there and see if I can't find him..I died like 20 times on test center trying to tame it :/

The ram is really cool looking but again not a very good area to tame unless you have honor or peace lol.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need your template Larisa :) - thanks for doing all this hard work.

.... :/ only a darker white WW - how sad is this? How boring somewhat....*thinks about*

Wouldn't it be better the new colored WW would looks like this cool new colored Frost Spider - not with this overfrosted blue look but so nice frosted as the Spider is?

I think this would be very great if the Dev's thinks about @Bleak @Kyronix

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hued platinum/crimson drakes lose a lot of detail compared to the "natural" version spawning in Destard, but they still look good enough.
However, I think that the crimson drakes would look better if only the horns and crest were hued, instead of the entire head.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How much taming you need for all the new pets?

my real skill is 110 with juwels to 120, and now I'am a bit afraid 110 would not be enough
*did I already said taming is a boring skill to gain?......* .

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
bah, did it now for ya, yes the NM you cant tell the color difference in EC.
the WW i cant tell the difference between the original Dull and Bright ones but i can tell the difference with the new colored one.
the one and two label on the NM are the same as the above ones in CC (post 1)

I agree with Poo on EC! Bah, humbug, CC for life!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Sorry, could not make a pic - i died faster than i could look - and blackwhite/grey also looks good, but colored pics are much better I think
In CC with UOA, you can view yourself as e.g. a chicken. Side effect; you see colors when dead. :smile2:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*give Piotr a claps*..... you know how fast a chicken die.....and I'm straight behind it ;)
Btw....who have once deceided that all dead humans, elves and murderers have to see the world grey when walkin in death robes? *twinkle*

.... I love my CC ......:)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I need your template Larisa :) - thanks for doing all this hard work.

.... :/ only a darker white WW - how sad is this? How boring somewhat....*thinks about*

Wouldn't it be better the new colored WW would looks like this cool new colored Frost Spider - not with this overfrosted blue look but so nice frosted as the Spider is?

I think this would be very great if the Dev's thinks about @Bleak @Kyronix
Yes I like the frost spider a lot!

And my template isn't the best for a lot of things...take the blood fox for example....got the screenshots of where he's at but died horribly! Liches and blood eles oh my! ;) lol

Sorcerer's Dungeon lvl 2...in this room here 3 spawn with a few other nasty things ;)

bloodfox.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How much taming you need for all the new pets?

my real skill is 110 with juwels to 120, and now I'am a bit afraid 110 would not be enough
*did I already said taming is a boring skill to gain?......* .
Honestly, my real skill is really low...110 Lore and 99.8 Taming...with jewels/tali I'm at 115/119.5 and I'm able to control everything that I have right now.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The blood fox is in the mages dungeon in ilsh, hard to get to and a PAIN to tame he's SUPER fast, lvl 2...I'll run down there and see if I can't find him..I died like 20 times on test center trying to tame it :/

The ram is really cool looking but again not a very good area to tame unless you have honor or peace lol.
?!
Really wasn't in my experience. Was no different to a Bake Kitsune imo. Pulled one to the corridor and led Tamed in two attempts, with 110 Tame/Lore.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I like the frost spider a lot!

And my template isn't the best for a lot of things...take the blood fox for example....got the screenshots of where he's at but died horribly! Liches and blood eles oh my! ;) lol

Sorcerer's Dungeon lvl 2...in this room here 3 spawn with a few other nasty things ;)

View attachment 65555
This .... somehow remembers me to an action years years ago - think was Anno 2005 or so .... with a good friend in Fan Dancer Dojo meanwhile one of this great Tokuno Arties Events. Was huntin there in level 3 when suddely this nice red Hell Predator Cat spawns.... I tamed it but how to get it out now? You couldn't gate in this time - so I asked for help...

LOL what an action to get this cat out from the deepest deep of the Dojo to Earth and than finally to the stable.
The friend is forward with a peacer template and killing all the disturbing monsters and I try to keep the cat living...

The cat is still exist ... also a rare color - but not one of the new tamables that comes out now :)

upload_2017-4-21_20-27-48.png

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This .... somehow remembers me to an action years years ago - think was Anno 2005 or so .... with a good friend in Fan Dancer Dojo meanwhile one of this great Tokuno Arties Events. Was huntin there in level 3 when suddely this nice red Hell Predator Cat spawns.... I tamed it but how to get it out now? You couldn't gate in this time - so I asked for help...

LOL what an action to get this cat out from the deeped deep of the Dojo to Earth and than finally to the stable.
The friend is forward with a peacer template and killing all the disturbing monsters and I try to keep the cat living...

The cat is still exist ... also a rare color - but not one of the new tamables that comes out now :)

View attachment 65560
Awesome story and OMG I love your kitty! He's beautiful! I would have gone through all that to get him out too! I've never seen one that color!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
?!
Really wasn't in my experience. Was no different to a Bake Kitsune imo. Pulled one to the corridor and led Tamed in two attempts, with 110 Tame/Lore.
The corridors are full of blood eles, liches and hell hounds..no empty place to lure them trust me! lol