• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Colored Pet Thread

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
wish we could color ID pets cause it looks the same to me, haha!
AGREED!

So this is what we have so far..lovin the blue-ish WW's though I guess I need to go farm more of those!!

newanimals.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nope, they are random anywhere these critters spawn.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when people take off their characters helmet and stand in front of it to take a pic to submit it to a pet thread this is what i see:

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when people take off their characters helmet and stand in front of it to take a pic to submit it to a pet thread this is what i see:
LOL, that character wears a circlet, so you don't see it on the ingame model, but that's pretty funny

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL nice....but actually I wear glasses now...HATE it..I used to wear the Kasa which I liked the look of MUCH better but I wear spectors lenses now...hate the way I look :/

Like I have humps on my back...
humpmar.png

Wish they would fix that!

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another version of the new mare colour...dark black short hair...I have it next to the light black short hair for comparison...

reflective shorthair.png

And the thing by itself...

reflective short.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wish we could color ID pets cause it looks the same to me, haha!
Perhaps a possible use for the skill Item Identification in the future? I don't think it serves a purpose any more at the moment.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Haven't see any pics of this froggo color:

Ohhhh he's pretty!! I knew there had to be more then 2....*goes hunting toads*

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has someone already posted what the Abyssal nightmares looks like? Are they actually a mix of 2 hues red and black?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Has someone already posted what the Abyssal nightmares looks like? Are they actually a mix of 2 hues red and black?
It's not technically abyssal..like the abyssal cloth color really

Here's my pure black mare and the ~Abyssal~ next to each other.

TwoBlacks.jpg

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Could call it pitch-black. :smile2:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ossein Ram – found in Deceit level 5 at the lichlord and silver serpents spawn , then I was killed :D
The pet looks like an enormous Ibex or Capricorn :).Very coo!!!

Sorry, could not make a pic - i died faster than i could look - and blackwhite/grey also looks good, but colored pics are much better I think
Pershaps someone's so kind to take one ?

Blood Fox – found in Ilshenar...... is there someone who have found this nice one here? If yes - where in Ilshi and how does is look like *curious*
Takes a minor miracle to solo tame one but finally got one tamed .............. and out alive.

Osian Ram.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What location did you tame the pitch black one at?
Kirin Pass. I have 2 now....spent about 4 hours in Wind Park, few hours running around the Corrupt Forest...no joy...I seem to have the most luck in Kirin Pass. Still haven't found the one with the white splash on his face though :(

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kirin Pass. I have 2 now....spent about 4 hours in Wind Park, few hours running around the Corrupt Forest...no joy...I seem to have the most luck in Kirin Pass. Still haven't found the one with the white splash on his face though :(
We must be having the opposite luck... after hundreds of mares I've seen a dozen or so with the white spots, but none of the other.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Figures lol...and I have some 2-slot and some 3-slot but, like you, hundreds of them and not one with the white spot on it's face!! :(

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have some of all 4. Three of the light short mane, one dark short mane, one long mane with white spot and two abyssal. This is after 20 hours or so of farming. I accidentally killed an additional light short mane and long mane with white spot. :(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think im having a tuff time seeing that Abyssal black color, every once in a while ill see a dark black one and ill think... is that..... no... maybe..... bah ill just kill it.

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Three Frost Dragon hues I have so far there was a lighter one as well, I’ll get a pick of that later.

Dragons.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Woo thanks Trill! The RNG has not been on my side lately......but I did finally FINALLY get the elusive white-spotted Mare! ;)

The Frost Drakes are the same colors as the Dragons correct?

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Woo thanks Trill! The RNG has not been on my side lately......but I did finally FINALLY get the elusive white-spotted Mare! ;)

The Frost Drakes are the same colors as the Dragons correct?
yes from what I have seen they look the same hues.... Not tamed any of them though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Congratulation! Got a picture? :smile2:
Thanks!

Spot.jpg

I named him Spot....original right? LOL but at least until I come up with a good name because I have 7 Mares now....they all need good names :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Three Frost Dragon hues I have so far there was a lighter one as well, I’ll get a pick of that later

When it comes to Frosts.. is any hue rarer than others? Or are they all about the same? Hate digging up maps or would watch for myself lol

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When it comes to Frosts.. is any hue rarer than others? Or are they all about the same? Hate digging up maps or would watch for myself lol
Not sure yet have only found 4 hues so far going to do a load more maps this weekend so fingers crossed we find some more.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No no it's more like....this is how I see myself:

hitot.jpg

And then your image would be the ~This is how I really look~

BUT it's a Mare not a dragon..sOooo......

This is how I see myself....

blackhorse.jpg

And then....this is how Poo sees me... ;)

Seriously I just put myself in the image so people don't think I took a random picture of someone elses mare lol Don't Hate!!!

Kazute

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What do the new nightmare hue's look like in EC? Label would be appreciated too please.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What do the new nightmare hue's look like in EC? Label would be appreciated too please.
Unfortunately, they don't look any different in the EC.

Here I have both clients running side by side....someone on here explained why they don't look different.

ccvsec.png

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
They look like a part of one of those inkblots from a Rorschach test, in the EC.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive not seen the white hue till now and i farmed the crap out of them but yes there is another hue (crimson).... not the pink one, a dark crimson like the turn in dye.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ive not seen the white hue till now and i farmed the crap out of them but yes there is another hue (crimson).... not the pink one, a dark crimson like the turn in dye.
I too have farmed many a drake in the Abyss and all I have seen is the 4 colors above.
I Will keep my eye out for the Crimson colored one and post pic when I do!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Any difference on type of damage done by the different hues of Stygian Drakes?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I didn't see any. Thier big disadvantage is the range AI that they use to run off screen when you say All Kill.
Wow.. have not used them but have fought them. I was hoping the "run off" AI dropped off them once ya tamed them lol.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow.. have not used them but have fought them. I was hoping the "run off" AI dropped off them once ya tamed them lol.
In needs to be fixed. Half the time it runs itself out of casting range... but even if it didn't, without a slayer, pet casting does pretty garbage damage if that is ALL it does. I want my pet to fight AND cast.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In needs to be fixed. Half the time it runs itself out of casting range... but even if it didn't, without a slayer, pet casting does pretty garbage damage if that is ALL it does. I want my pet to fight AND cast.
Startet to train mine today and I realize the same..... very odd thing to me as an experianced tamer to see my pet run around not willig to obey.

Lord Damascus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
oh dude, I've just given up.. After painting Jesus' mum purple in school instead of blue, and being laughed at when i wanted to go into bomb disposal when i graduated college.. i just gave up.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh dude, I've just given up.. After painting Jesus' mum purple in school instead of blue, and being laughed at when i wanted to go into bomb disposal when i graduated college.. i just gave up.
*what does he mean cut the red wire...... there is a red wire!*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In case no one say this from the most recent news letter Q&A section:
(May's UO Newsletter)

1. Are you aware of the issue with Baraccoon and Medusa changing the hue of pets?

We are aware of this potential issue but have yet to been able to reproduce internally, if this occurs please send a bug report with the following information

1) What shard, what champion spawn?
2) Did they log out at any time before they noted the hue changes?
3) Did they note the change during the encounter or after the encounter?
4) Did they actually finish the encounter? Were they present when Baraccoon died?
5) Did they note the change at the champion spawn or did they go somewhere else?
6) If they did go somewhere else, where did they go (specific locations would be helpful)?
7) Did they mount the Cu Sidhe while it was in rat-man form?
8 ) Did they have any other effects in place (gift of life, any taming masteries, etc.)?
9) Anything else that might have been unusual that occurred prior to the encounter or immediately following the encounter?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
FrostDragonColor.jpg
These are the different colors that my guild got in two separate evenings using just 3 maps each night...
Some of them were still in the stables too