• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center changes are up

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think it should have been sliding scale so at 72 months was 1 choice but 24 months increases to 2 the first year (so 72+ month accounts would still get 2 choices, but so would 2nd yet vets). But I'm biased because I'm in the "valley of single reward-per-year" and haven't been willing to pay for IDOC loot.

M

MYUO

Edited to add, I posted this in another thread, but the deed box works just like a bank box - you can fill and redeem commodity deeds in them.
The description on uo.com does not say the commodity deed can be "filled" in the box. May need some clarification.
"Commodity Deed Box: A box that allows players to redeem commodity deeds in their own home!
It can only be placed in a house by the owner or any character from the owner account.
The box must be secured to work.
It uses the standard commodity deeds purchased from a banker. "

How come there is no new rewards for 4th and 8th year? Lowering the age requirement for the mining carts to fill one of them will make a lot more players happy.

Overall, nice job on the vet awards!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 - Why is the ore/gem cart 10th year? It should be like 5th year since so many people would want it. 10th year stuff should be 'status' items that you can use to display your age - not lock down at home. The Cu Sidhe ridable here is a nice addition.
Hmm ya please consider swaping the 5th year bloody pentagram thinger with the 10th year carts :D

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone remind me of the correct email address for test center bugs please?

I've been trying to fury-proof a copy of my Siege shop on test for a couple of days. I read the notes and gleefully logged in and dismantled the double walls. Then I tested the 'fix'. The test center house is now full of nature's furies. I hope the other fixes work better than that one.

The test center copy of the shop is still set 'private', not 'public'
Petra, have you tried it on another account?

I believe the fix doesn't work if you own or are friended/accessed to the house. I tried it on another house on test besides my own, and I couldn't get it to work.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat stuff,allthough it seems there is no 11 year....Now i am sad again...
i will prob get another soul stone vs any of these though....

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How come when a new year of veteran rewards come out, there is always new ones added to the lower levels?

My account just hit 10 years a few days ago, so I have a choice between getting the 10th year gifts or I can go down a few years and get a reward that should have been available to me 3 years ago? I think an additional reward pick per year would be justifiable right now, so everyone has a chance to get the new items. Even thinking back to when my account hit 9 years I really wanted soulstones, but how could I give up my polar bear for a first year vet choice?

So please considering tossing us an extra pick per year, or maybe like 5 total picks.... It would really suck having to pay outrageous prices to get the new dresses or a commodity deed box just because with all the choices finding the new reward you desire will be difficult (such as a 5th year dress).

D

Deb

I can't remember if we have done this or not...but is there anyway we
can pcik the new rewards on test to A. See them and B. test them to make sure they are working as intended?

And yes I am so thrilled about all that is in this publish...can't wait
to go hunting for seeds tomorrow night.:danceb::danceb::party:

A

Arnie QuickPalm

A fix for the thiefs guild issue ??? i dont see it listed ??

E

Evilminion

Yay tree stumps! :love:

Yay mining carts! :bowdown:

Yay commodity deed boxes! :hug:

GREAT BIG BOOOOOOO and a wet raspberry for giving the cocoa tree an o'hii tree graphic. That was mean to us rubble collectors. :sad4: Couldn't you at least rehue it? Pleeze?

L

Lord Drakelord

Seem my thread where I asked this was locked by the mods so maybe someone here can answer my question. SO HOW DO YOU GET VET REWARDS ON TC?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh My GOSH! I want my vet choices NOW NOW NOW! How CRUEL to add those new choices to the lower years and not give us all at least one extra pick!

Also noted - no more pure black horses from the TB guards (riding swipe changes). Some really good PvP changes/fixes in there, too :)

And YAY to spellbooks being added to the arm/disarm list. Makes for switching between a spellbook and a SoM not such a big deal anymore :)

You I've been sitting on one for months then used it last week couple days before the town hall for an extra soul stone to put in my Fel house in case one of my toons gets erm stuck there....

L

Lord Kynd

Players no longer turn grey when they use the spell Polymorph
lol, they coulda fixed this years ago.. remembers people getting 'tricked' in britain durring ratman spawns

the vet rewards will have me using some of my picks i have availiable thats for sure.
spellweaving change = great

do not like the natures fury change(helps to removes spawn at/in house) nor the pet summon in ish(peerless).

the changes don't seem to good for the most part. but, the vet rewards are decent.

S

Sindris

I really like most of the new Vet Rewards. Makes me glad I saved a bunch of choices. I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic for a 10th year mount though. A Drake or a Tavern Wench who carries me piggy back maybe. The polar bear was cool because it was not something you could normally ride.

I think the Brazier should be pick-able, not random, like most everyone else. Everything else is just very cool. Love that great big bloody pentagram!

K

Kratos Aurion

How come when a new year of veteran rewards come out, there is always new ones added to the lower levels?
So they have less griefers. Honestly if you were a 2yr-5yr vet and there was something on that list you really liked but couldnt have for another 8yrs, wouldn't you complain?

so to make it fair to everyone, they create rewards for almost everyone. So what if you want to choose something lower than your current status? that doesn't make you any younger. The Devs just can't ignore the other people or else they might lose them too.

A

Aboo

GREAT BIG BOOOOOOO and a wet raspberry for giving the cocoa tree an o'hii tree graphic. That was mean to us rubble collectors. :sad4: Couldn't you at least rehue it? Pleeze?
I think that was a great idea. Too many people couldn't compete in the Magencia scenario and therefore didn't get the chance to get something like this.

I have 7 grandchildren that spend a lot of time with me. I'm lucky to find 10 hours a week (usually half of that is my lunch time at work) to play anymore. So if I wanted something like that I was going to have to pay MILLIONS for it. Now if they would come up with the LARGE bamboo like tree!

A

Aboo

SO HOW DO YOU GET VET REWARDS ON TC?
I've been waiting for someone to definitively answer that question too. Either we can test them, or we just have to look at the web pages. But please can someone answer this for sure for us?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna add to the happy chorus myself. I'd much rather have content over vet rewards but eh...

I also don't believe the commodity deed box should be a vet reward. This is an item anyone should be able to get. I'd even go so far as to say it should only require "I wish to place a commodity deed box" just like one would a trashbarrel. Just doesn't seem right that you have to waste a reward pick for it.
/Signed.

It should be a specially crafted item, and maybe difficult to get all the ingredients for...but not a Vet Reward, IMO.

J

Jeremy

There will be Vet Reward Gates going up today - I'll post the exact locations in the FoF when I get them.

Braziers and cacti - we hear you on the randomness and will be looking into fixing them. However, the change will NOT make Publish 55 so if you're interested in those rewards and worried about the randomness, do NOT spend a reward on them yet.

I'll be revising the notes with this stuff and some other clarifications shortly!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There will be Vet Reward Gates going up today - I'll post the exact locations in the FoF when I get them.

Braziers and cacti - we hear you on the randomness and will be looking into fixing them. However, the change will NOT make Publish 55 so if you're interested in those rewards and worried about the randomness, do NOT spend a reward on them yet.

I'll be revising the notes with this stuff and some other clarifications shortly!

Wow cool many thanks.... now can I buy another 1 1/2 years of account age? Just kidding. I have a friend with a 10 year (9 rewards left) that'll gimme carts and is co-owned so I can use his account to place them....gonna cost me though! Thanks again for the possible rng fix.

L

Lady Katherine

Jeremy, is there any way to make the commodity deed box not account-bound? I hate the idea of using my upcoming 6th-year choice on a box when I could get one with my other (much younger) account and share it as needed. I do not think it would be that much of a balance issue like soulstones are.

A

Aboo

Thank you for the response! I can't wait!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure I understand how the commodity deed box works.

Can it only be claimed by the account that owns the house you want to use it in?

I'd like one in my Siege home, but the account that owns that house won't have a reward choice available for another 4 months, however my other account has 4 rewards unclaimed. Both accounts hold houses.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can it only be claimed by the account that owns the house you want to use it in?

I'd like one in my Siege home, but the account that owns that house won't have a reward choice available for another 4 months, however my other account has 4 rewards unclaimed. Both accounts hold houses.
I hope it works like all other vet rewards. Anyone can choose it, but you cannot place it in a house unless you own/co-owned it.

L

lucksi

Now I wish you could buy vet rewards on the uogametime shop.

So much for me getting deeds undone in my house.

Would it work if I mooch a vet box of someone? Can I still place it in my house or is it account bound?

J

Jeremy

The gates are at Luna and at West Britain Bank - please follow the below steps to use them!

1. Enter the gate
2. Log out and log back in to get the reward popup and select your rewards
3. Re-enter gate and then use the rewards

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really would like to see this reward be available to all.

In one sense I do not see how this is particularly destabilizing anything (but I am sure some one will figure out an exploit) by enabling it as a reward for all that play UO. Or worse case when you make your first payment to EA/M.

I think my one account is now 7 months old and my other account is 6 months old.

L

Lady Katherine

My reading of the patch notes seem to indicate that it is account-bound, like soulstones. It says that the box can only be used by the owner and other characters on the owner's account. Hence, my original request to Jeremy a few posts up that they not be account-bound.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we have auto-cancel vet rewards set in uoassist will this affect TC? I have walked into gate a few times now. And if I un-check that option will it affect my regular shard status? I have a few vet rewards due there.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My reading of the patch notes seem to indicate that it is account-bound, like soulstones. It says that the box can only be used by the owner and other characters on the owner's account. Hence, my original request to Jeremy a few posts up that they not be account-bound.
Why is this an issue? I am not trying to bait you, I am not clear what scenario requires it to be not account bound. DO NOT take that as me being against your request.

I see my usage as some character on either account gets the CD and either uses it or gives it to the other account to use. It simply is not an issue for me in that context.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I wish you could buy vet rewards on the uogametime shop.

Now there is an idea. Not to buy rewards themselves but to purchase a token that when redeemed added one extra reward selection to the account that redeemed it.

J

Jeremy

Currently on TC1 anyone of the appropriate security level can use the box - there is some debate internally over whether or not this is a bug, though. We should see a resolution before the pub goes to Origin.

L

Lord Drakelord

Jeremy, is there any way to make the commodity deed box not account-bound? I hate the idea of using my upcoming 6th-year choice on a box when I could get one with my other (much younger) account and share it as needed. I do not think it would be that much of a balance issue like soulstones are.
that is something I asked early as well.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is this an issue? I am not trying to bait you, I am not clear what scenario requires it to be not account bound. DO NOT take that as me being against your request.

I see my usage as some character on either account gets the CD and either uses it or gives it to the other account to use. It simply is not an issue for me in that context.
Lets see ... because I have a keep that all my chars for both my accounts use, as well as my husband often uses. I have a (battle) LJer on my main account (actually my main character) that I chopt wood with when she is red, and another LJer on my second account that is a carpenter, alchemist, etc. I also have a miner on that second account. My husband has a crafter on both his main account and a second account.

So ... 4 accounts that frequently use one house and all do some amount of resource gathering or using. Why should they not all be able to use the same box, the one that I place with my main account? Why should I have to buy the regs with my tamer, break the deeds, move the regs to a bag or box, then log in with my crafter to work with them?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't really say the box is account bound just the owner must place it:

Commodity Deed Box: A box that allows players to redeem commodity deeds in their own home!
It can only be placed in a house by the owner or any character from the owner account.
The box must be secured to work.
It uses the standard commodity deeds purchased from a banker.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just wanted to say that I love the vet rewards! *smiles* You have made most of my UO resource wishes come true. :)

WildStar

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we have auto-cancel vet rewards set in uoassist will this affect TC? I have walked into gate a few times now. And if I un-check that option will it affect my regular shard status? I have a few vet rewards due there.
Ok I turned off auto-cancel and no problems on TC or regular shards, just fyi out there *grins*

A

Aboo

Is anyone else have the problem that some of the choices under House Add On have error stings? I am not sure which to choose to get the carts.

L

Lord Drakelord

I know I am not old enough in game to use some of the older vet rewards, even if on TC you give them to us, but it would be nice to let us use them there so we can see what they look like at least. Currently I am holding vet rewards deeds on TC that I cannot place in the TC house I have because I am to young. But I sure would like to see what they look like so when I get old enough later I can pick what I want.

L

Lord Drakelord

Is anyone else have the problem that some of the choices under House Add On have error stings? I am not sure which to choose to get the carts.
Last one I believe, since they were giving like 65 of them on TC, I took all the error ones from top to bottom. And if you are old enough to place them, how about I make you co-owner of a tower I have there so you can place the ones I got also, as I sure like to see what they look like

A

Aboo

Last one I believe, since they were giving like 65 of them on TC, I took all the error ones from top to bottom.
Thanks!

P.S. It says 65 to start with but I didn't get that many. In fact I only got what that account should get on a regular shard.

A

Aboo

I know I am not old enough in game to use some of the older vet rewards, even if on TC you give them to us, but it would be nice to let us use them there so we can see what they look like at least. Currently I am holding vet rewards deeds on TC that I cannot place in the TC house I have because I am to young. But I sure would like to see what they look like so when I get old enough later I can pick what I want.
Did you go back through the gate AFTER you picked the rewards? I believe you can use them if you do that.

L

Lord Drakelord

Did you go back through the gate AFTER you picked the rewards? I believe you can use them if you do that.

No I did not dang if that is so I have to try that

Thank you I am so glad you told me that and now I can see what they look like

E

Evilminion

I think that was a great idea. Too many people couldn't compete in the Magencia scenario and therefore didn't get the chance to get something like this.
Hence my suggestion to rehue it. That way, those of us who risked our lives at Magincia (which, in my case, is a polite way of saying lost that life... again... and again... and again... I kinda suck :D) would still have something special to commemorate it.

Since the cocoa tree isn't supposed to be an o'hii tree, a new or rehued graphic would make sense. How about a nice, deep cocoa color on the leaves?

X

xStrikerx

Can I get an answer to my question why pet summoning is being removed from Ilsh?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently on TC1 anyone of the appropriate security level can use the box - there is some debate internally over whether or not this is a bug, though. We should see a resolution before the pub goes to Origin.
can you tell us about the internal debate around the spellbooks not disarming "bug" ?

A

AesSedai

- Tradeable or not?
Currently:
"It can only be placed in a house by the owner or any character from the owner account."

I mean, is that not true of every item 'placed' in a house ('placed in a house by owner' is just vague enough to consider you are merely suggesting it be placed by the current owner of the CDB... see what I mean?)?

I'd really like to see the details updated (to make it known they are like the red soulstones) to say:

CDBs are account specific - CDBs do not work on accounts other than the one that was used to claim it.
+ it can only be used by ... whatever the internal debate determines.

Why? Because I have hopes that resource scriptors will have to pay at least one year in order to benefit from these CDBs.

For this would give a chance for the players to assist in getting them busted more easily (they would still have to script some additional actions, rather than simply deed everything out and move stuff to their vendors), which would be of great benefit to a new expansion that looks to have an improved focus on player crafting.
That is, IF the GM's step-it-up and begin busting them a bit more, perhaps by using tools to observe, or just silently observing manually, rather than just allowing them to respond that they are inded present, uhhuh, even though they are also presently observing their multiple other scripts operate.

As to the internal debate: IF they are account specific (thus only placable in a home owned by and a character of the same 1yr+ account that claimed it), then I feel it would not matter who used it IF they were given access to the house. Why? Because if a cheater is using throwaway accounts and going to one of their 1 yr+ accounts, then you can just ban both of them once it is brought to a GM's attention & even if a paid account is found to be cheating their resource gains and abusing 'their friends' CDBox rather than more publicly moving stuff to a bank, then you can just action both of their accounts as the home owner would be an accomplice... at least that's my thinking on it ;)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Why? Because I have hopes that resource scriptors will have to pay at least one year in order to benefit from these CDBs.
NO! I see what you are trying to do (encourage) but NO MORE doing stupid stuff to make things hard for scripters that will just adversely affect regular players. NO MORE.

Between us, my husband and I have 4 accounts, all of which consume or produce resources. There is NO good reason we should have to use 4 vet rewards all for the same item - one per account. NONE. Just because a scripter might abuse it does not mean it should be nerfed for the rest of the population.

A

AesSedai

- At the end, I said I see no reason why we should be able to use them, if we have access to the house...?
:)

My main point was why would we even need to move huge amounts of commodities if we haven't even paid, or played for a year to begin with...
And if we need to, then we can goto a bank and do it like the old folks used to until we reach 12 months.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't really think most resource scripters use all trial accounts, do you? They just don't use their MAIN account is all (and some don't even bother with that). How hard is it to buy an old account, particularly one that has mules on it already set to go?

A

AesSedai

Who knows how many resources we'll be putting into commodity deeds at the end of the day?

My main request was to make them bound to accounts so they could only be used by people that have paid for a year (or bought someone else's account, I suppose).

If a person is cheating and using the box to make it easier to hide their activities, then at least one account that has paid at least $100 can get banned along with any potential throwaway accounts.
It isn't a huge step, but any step against cheating that doesn't seriously impact an honest player's playtime, is something I consider a step in the right direction.