• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center changes are up

K

Kratos Aurion

The new vet rewards are great. Some I feel may be aged inappropriately.

And WTF HAPPENED TO THE METAL DYE TUB?! :sad3:

C

Connor_Graham

I'm glad they made the Commodity Deed box a first year reward. It would have been pretty crappy if they hadn't.

Now to wait until the tree stumps and ore carts start hitting vendors so I can buy one of each, then to find someone of the appropriate account age to place them in my house. :D

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh My GOSH! I want my vet choices NOW NOW NOW! How CRUEL to add those new choices to the lower years and not give us all at least one extra pick!

Also noted - no more pure black horses from the TB guards (riding swipe changes). Some really good PvP changes/fixes in there, too :)

And YAY to spellbooks being added to the arm/disarm list. Makes for switching between a spellbook and a SoM not such a big deal anymore :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh My GOSH! I want my vet choices NOW NOW NOW! How CRUEL to add those new choices to the lower years and not give us all at least one extra pick!

Also noted - no more pure black horses from the TB guards (riding swipe changes). Some really good PvP changes/fixes in there, too :)

And YAY to spellbooks being added to the arm/disarm list. Makes for switching between a spellbook and a SoM not such a big deal anymore :)

They should give everyone a reward pick for the 11th anniversery present. Ok I am dreaming but I would like it. :D

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad they made the Commodity Deed box a first year reward. It would have been pretty crappy if they hadn't.

Now to wait until the tree stumps and ore carts start hitting vendors so I can buy one of each, then to find someone of the appropriate account age to place them in my house. :D
Interesing observation here. The carts and stumps do not say you have to be any account age to USE them only to obtain them. There are other rewards (wall banner and ethy CU) that specificly say your account must be the proper age to use... not those two though. Jeremy can you clarify this?

C

Connor_Graham

Interesing observation here. The carts and stumps do not say you have to be any account age to USE them only to obtain them. There are other rewards (wall banner and ethy CU) that specificly say your account must be the proper age to use... not those two though. Jeremy can you clarify this?
A lot of the current vet rewards are like that. I'm just glad these 2 are included in that list.

S

Sheridan

Gheed - in the past similar vet rewards, even if they didn't state it in their description, still needed a player of the appropriate age to place the deeded item. I don't forsee these ones being any different.

J

Jeremy

Friends (or higher) of the house can use the carts and stumps regardless of age.

C

Caelas

So, dumb question....my characters that are 7 months old can only select a dress?
If thats the case...hehe...my guys don't cross dress, sorry!

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking players want to know if younger accts can PLACE higher rewards, over just using them in a friend's house?

S

Shanna

Players can no longer summon pets via the pet summoning ball in Ilshenar
:sad2:

Fixed an issue with pets and criminal flagging
Thank god! I hated being guard whacked when I sick my pet on someone I was sololy flagged on.

Spellbooks are now disarmable
:hahaha:

Man, I just collected my 10th year vet reward then they add these?! Dammit.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm thinking players want to know if younger accts can PLACE higher rewards, over just using them in a friend's house?
That's never been the case. You've always had to have someone of the appropriate account age place the reward.

D

Der Rock

Friends (or higher) of the house can use the carts and stumps regardless of age.

carts and stumps
are these ure (UO´s not u personal) answers for fixing the economy?????

selfproducing more and more and more
why not a Safe that gives u 100 000 gold /24h
:(

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How come the info for the gem cart has already been changed? It originally said

"Gem carts gives 5 random gems (including the new ML gems) per 24 hour period"

It now says

"Gem carts gives 5 random gems (classic gems only) per 24 hour period"

Whats going on?

U

ultima online

So, dumb question....my characters that are 7 months old can only select a dress?

no, you get your first set of vet rewards when your account hits 12 months old, full list of the current vet rewards is here although the black dye tub seems to have gone walkabouts from that list of the 1st year rewards.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gheed - in the past similar vet rewards, even if they didn't state it in their description, still needed a player of the appropriate age to place the deeded item. I don't forsee these ones being any different.
Yup I am well aware of that. I have an 8 year, 7 year, 3 year and what should be a one year account by now...with houses for all accounts. I have spent many moons designing them and the largest pain in the backside was juggling owners to place rewards. I was a slim hope that maybe they'd wouldn't have a min age to use deeds after they were obtained. Can you guess which rewards I REALLY want?:

But my oldest account is only 8+ years... AAAHHHH!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I sure will want alot of the new rewards, I hope we get a few bonus choices.

Nature’s Fury can no longer be casted inside private houses

Fear it will give us even more private houses and won't help shop owners with public houses, think it should count public houses too. If they can find their way in from casted outside a public house it ok.

Players no longer turn grey when they use the spell Polymorph

Even when this goes against the RP from playing a monster or animal and being attackable it may be good for roleplaying a guild of a monster type.
It think it should work like ninja forms so you can turn it on and off from casting.

I like the resource rewards and the Commodity Deed Box, it will make rewards points valuable again not just for soulstones.

Ankh of Sacrifice
Unlike the currently available decorative ankh, the Ankh of Sacrifice allows blues and reds alike to self-resurrect inside their house or any other accessible house, as long as they are within range.
There is a 1 hour cool down period between each use per player.
It comes in a deed and can be placed facing south and east.

I see house owners offer a public Ankh of Sacrifice, will special be good in Malas. The one time an hour use will limit it but a pain when dueling in a house and alliance/faction flaging stop you from ressing your friends.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Caelas, these new vet rewards are in addition to the already existing vet rewards, so you'd be able to choose any existing one or any new one. so the dresses are in addition to the cloaks and robes of the same colors & resists that have always been a 1st-year choice. see link for existing vet rewards:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/vetrewards.shtml

AND YAY FOR THE NEW VET REWARDS!!! i turn 5 in January and i am PSYCHED for a bloody pentagram :D
AND SUPER YAY FOR GROWABLE HEDGES!!! WooT!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was more of a hope that you could use the deeds at any age once they were obtained. I wont be optimistic that you can.... cause you can't for earlier rewards in deed form like the ankh and banner deeds.

F

Flora Green

The rewards are very cool. I just wish I had the ability to get them all. Still a big cop-out on the plants.

D

Deb

I so agree....actually this whole publish seems to be a :bowdown::bowdown:
Will have to check futher on TC when I get home...the plants are an OMG...I can't wait for them to grow.

K

Kratos Aurion

Gheed I'm with you. Not like I'd actually ever want an Ore Cart but it shouldn't be a 10th yr reward. If anything, It should be between 5th-7th years.

Commodity boxes are great but should be available to anyone.

And again.. wheres the metal dye tub!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

It now says

Whats going on?
I think it should have a chance for the ML gems too, maybe like one out of 1000 gems

C

Caelas

Ok, cool, thanks for the info on the vet rewards...I've got mine picked out already. :)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
help commands say to speak 9ac to entitle acount but how do you actually claim the vet rewards to test?

D

Deb

Why are they ruining this? It was a nice rare thing to have the two spellings.
I have to agree on this also JC. Not sure why that has to be changed.
So far, the only negative thing I can see from my quick glance at the
changes. :bowdown:

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
carts and stumps

I agree, especially since 10 logs and/or 10 ingots per day is such a drastic amount to be introduced into the game each day, going to absolutely flood the market on all shards. This just might put an end to script mining and jacking. /sarcasm

And Devs, nice job on the rewards. Watching the calendar now, few short months to go.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It now says

Whats going on?
Well turns out that Sak is a noob and gave Jeremy the wrong info. So for the 11th year reward, Sak will make a statue of herself with dartboard script enabled so you can shoot her to death! :blushing:

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love the rewards !!!!!

thank you

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well turns out that Sak is a noob and gave Jeremy the wrong info. So for the 11th year reward, Sak will make a statue of herself with dartboard script enabled so you can shoot her to death! :blushing:
That should be a fun reward... Is that a promise? ;)

BTW, thank you for hedges!

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And WTF HAPPENED TO THE METAL DYE TUB?! :sad3:
I'm curious about this as well. While it would have made the Tokuno dyes less useful, it would have been really nice. Maybe they will make it an 11th anniversary item? I noticed this September is the 11th anniversary, seems odd not to add the vet rewards for that year at the same time. Are they waiting for another publish? Or going to wait a year until more of us are 11 in game (I hit it in January)?I am glad I barely collect my vet rewards. I think I still have like 6 to collect. Some of these are very useful.

I don't think the logs and ore carts are that problematic, unless the odds of getting rare ores is better for the items than using the skill at GM in game. If getting frostwood is 1 in 7 rather than 1 in +100, these stumps will be very very nice.

Quiver of Rage - I don't like this change, but I'm assuming there was some bug with the item to require this change.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Test Center Has Been Updated
Jeremy Preacher

notice the last name???
Why the last name change? :)

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W00T! Just turned 11 years (ok it's my BF's acct), I get to throw darts at Sak. :p (btw, I can't wait to get that new crimson dress for my char!)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now i wish more than ever that i wasnt hacked a few months ago losing about 12 vet reward picks...

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job devs!

You've raised the bar now though... every publish from here on out has to be this awesome. :lick:

E

Eslake

carts and stumps

Wow! Are you saying you'll buy 10 logs or 5 gems from me for 100k each day?! :D I'll be your supplier for life!

Seriously, these decos are giving 1 swing of gather worth of materials a day.
The most valuable of them would be the chance of frostwood logs, but since they will no doubt use the same % to determine which logs they give as they put on trees, you would be exceedingly lucky to see 10 frost logs in a year from it.

I like the new vet rewards overall, nothing unbalancing, some nice (and long requested) deco, and the ethy cu.

But now I have to wonder what the metal tub in the client is for if not a Vet Reward.

Y

Yalp

would definitely be nice if they made the carts/stump an 11th anniversary gift instead of vet reward...

we have trees that give food, honeypots that give honey, statutes that give reags.. all usable by all w/o regard to vet status.... would be great if they were consistent.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Brazier
Comes in a deed. When double-clicked, a random brazier (tall or short) will be placed in the player’s backpack"

My question is: If I want a short Brazier, but when I click the deed I get a tall Brazier, do I just re-deed it and click the deed until I get the Brazier I desire?
Is this going to be a one time thing, tall or short 50/50 chance on getting the one I want and stuck with it until I find someone to trade with or take a chance on burning another vet reward and getting the wrong one again.?.?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 - Where is the metal dye tub?

2 - Why is the ore/gem cart 10th year? It should be like 5th year since so many people would want it. 10th year stuff should be 'status' items that you can use to display your age - not lock down at home. The Cu Sidhe ridable here is a nice addition.