• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center changes are up

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Brazier
Comes in a deed. When double-clicked, a random brazier (tall or short) will be placed in the player’s backpack"

My question is: If I want a short Brazier, but when I click the deed I get a tall Brazier, do I just re-deed it and click the deed until I get the Brazier I desire?
Is this going to be a one time thing, tall or short 50/50 chance on getting the one I want and stuck with it until I find someone to trade with or take a chance on burning another vet reward and getting the wrong one again.?.?
Yes same thing with the cacti. I think they wanted to do something like the potted plant deeds. Wasn't that a christmas gift in the early years? Makes sense to do something like that at christmas or for an anni gift... But I think you should be able to pick exactly what you want for a vet reward.

F

Flora Green

Okay, not to be negative (and really I'm not except over the plant thing I just can't let go).

1)Why is the commodity deed box a reward? They are used by players of all ages. Couldn't this have been tinkered so that everyone can benefit from this? I'm the last to complain about things not being equal between players, but this seems terribly unfair.

2)Did the lich statue really have to be changed? Not a big deal, but it's a cute "feature".

3)Where is the metal tub? How many more years must we wait? Will it be a bod reward as Freja suggested?

4)Can we PLEASE have a confirmation if any of the new plants are rubble plants? There is no reason for some of us to hang onto rubble that can be grown. Why not just tell us now what plants are coming? Since there is no cross-pollination you aren't ruining a surprise. At least we would know if we can turn in plant rubble before Spring Cleaning is turned off.

The rewards (cept the box) are really great and I cannot wait to get a few of them. Especially the stump and cart. Thanks! :)

J

Jeremy

The braziers are not redeedable, but they are tradable and anyone can lock them down. (You just have to be the appropriate age to light them.)

T

T_Amon_from_work

Commodity deed redemption box! Woohoo! I think I have one reward available to me, but if not I gotta wait until next March! Oh well.

F

Flora Green

So essentially the brazier may be a wasted reward. Not good for those of us with so few to choose from.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The braziers are not redeedable, but they are tradable and anyone can lock them down. (You just have to be the appropriate age to light them.)
Well I kind of think the tall brazier will be more in demand since the short one looks similar to the stealable. I can't see it likely that someone will make an even trade. And waiting 6 years for a 50/50 shot at one is a bit much. Kind of wierd you gotta have a 6 year account to turn it on too. You can turn statues on at any age can't you?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
umm again, is there a way to test the rewards on TC? Am I missing something?

also, is there a list of which monsters or do all mosters have a chance at a seed?

oh! and this is fun! thank you *grins*

Y

Yalp

does seem like the vet rewards are heavily weighted toward players who have been in the game for 5+ years. Would be nice if players of all ages got some bigger love.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I don't want to look a "Gift Reward" in the mouth because on the whole I'm delighted with the new Vet Rewards this year and while I'm disappointed with the new plants since they are all basically dead end mutants, I'm dealing...

That being said... The description for the Wood Stump has 4 Variations and says when you first create you choose which you want... could that same thing not be done for the Braziers so people aren't frustrated after using a valuable Vet reward and not getting the piece that they wanted to decorate their house? Even if it's not redeedable and can only be chosen once?

C

Connor_Graham

does seem like the vet rewards are heavily weighted toward players who have been in the game for 10+ years. Would be nice if players of all ages got some bigger love.
The most useful out of all of the new rewards is the commodity deed box, which they made a 1st year reward, so I'd say everyone got the best of it. Anything else is just a "nice to have" type item. Now if they'd made the box a 10th or 11th year reward I'd be raising holy hell right now.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, is there a list of which monsters or do all mosters have a chance at a seed?
At the Seattle TownHall, Jeremy said that they would NOT be telling us what creatures/monsters would spawn the seeds so that the player base would have to go out and find out themselves. Little adventure never hurts, but I'm sure within an hour of Pub55 hitting the streets, there will be a post started as to which creatures spawn seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

That and also each year they add a bunch at the "top end" for people that just hit a new level" and a couple more for people in the middle and lower tiers.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At the Seattle TownHall, Jeremy said that they would NOT be telling us what creatures/monsters would spawn the seeds so that the player base would have to go out and find out themselves. Little adventure never hurts, but I'm sure within an hour of Pub55 hitting the streets, there will be a post started as to which creatures spawn seeds.
Thank you RedRum *hugs*
So far Hedge Maze and Despise are fun places to look.....*crosses fingers*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should give everyone a reward pick for the 11th anniversery present. Ok I am dreaming but I would like it. :D
What a great idea!!!

ONE FREE PICK !!!PER ACCOUNT!! OF ACCOUNT AGE OF COURSE!!!!!!

A

Aboo

Oh so many to choose from. I am soooo glad that I have been saving my rewards on my 11 year account!

*darts off to drool over the rewards*

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna add to the happy chorus myself. I'd much rather have content over vet rewards but eh...

I also don't believe the commodity deed box should be a vet reward. This is an item anyone should be able to get. I'd even go so far as to say it should only require "I wish to place a commodity deed box" just like one would a trashbarrel. Just doesn't seem right that you have to waste a reward pick for it.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people are asking about the Metal Dye Tub. My first thought, when it came out in the notes, was that they might be releasing it as a 10th year vet reward. They have only released up to 10yo with Pub55, and 11 years is coming up quick, so it might be a new 11th year vet reward. Pub56 could be something new and better with the Metal Dye Tub being some sort of reward involving a quest, new event, etc. I'm sure it will hit the streets soon enough, just happy with what I've seen so far with Pub55. Good show Dev's.

F

Fox (Europa)

Jeremy -

Some great stuff here, just one little thing about the new vet reward +3 physical clothing...

Archers still miss out being able to use two items, a robe/dress and a cloak, as a quiver takes the cloak slot.

Could we either get the quiver moved to the sash slot or give us a +3 physical sash (that can't be used with a cloak to give +9).

Thanks.

Fox

D

DHMagicMan_1

For people who think that you shouldn't have to use a vet reward to use the Resource Deed Box, keep in mind it's a FIRST YEAR reward, and people less than a year on their account probably don't have huge piles of stuff to move around that much.

I see this box at least as "special" as a black dye tub or whatever... so a first year reward doesn't bother me at all.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeremy -

Some great stuff here, just one little thing about the new vet reward +3 physical clothing...

Archers still miss out being able to use two items, a robe/dress and a cloak, as a quiver takes the cloak slot.

Could we either get the quiver moved to the sash slot or give us a +3 physical sash (that can't be used with a cloak to give +9).

Thanks.

Fox
Why do that??? The rest of us that don't use quivers only get a +6 to phys resist? Why change it to a total of +9? You can get more than the +3 additional by changing your armor pieces around a bit.

W

Wynne

Vet rewards should not be random. Each choice is very valuable to the player and I for one don't want to be stuck with something that's hard to trade.

But, nice choices, and thanks for the dresses.

D

Der Rock

i am so happy, something is in the pub 55 FOR KR
i thought almost they forgot KR completly, but yeah here it is:

.. *
o KNOWN ISSUE: In the KR client ONLY, the gump to redeem the banners will show no-draw tiles instead of the banners. For the moment, please use the 2D client to place your banners!

:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone remind me of the correct email address for test center bugs please?

I've been trying to fury-proof a copy of my Siege shop on test for a couple of days. I read the notes and gleefully logged in and dismantled the double walls. Then I tested the 'fix'. The test center house is now full of nature's furies. I hope the other fixes work better than that one.

The test center copy of the shop is still set 'private', not 'public'

A

AesSedai

Commodity Deed Box...

Now I hope they are truly account-bound and only possible to be used if we have played for 12 months (hope we cannot trade them and use if we are, say, less than 5 days old - the wording looks that way, but it might just mean owner of box and house...).

edited a two times, heh.

J

Jeremy

uobugs AT ea DOT com will do you - just specify that it's for TC in the email.

Edited to add, I posted this in another thread, but the deed box works just like a bank box - you can fill and redeem commodity deeds in them.

C

Connor_Graham

Jeremy -

Thanks.

Fox
Archers don't have to equip a quiver in order to use it. They have the same choice as to whether to have the +5 DCI or the +3 Phys. There's no need to change that.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Why do that??? The rest of us that don't use quivers only get a +6 to phys resist? Why change it to a total of +9? You can get more than the +3 additional by changing your armor pieces around a bit.
Apparently you need to read what was said again.

Archers kind of do get the short end of the stick on that, BUT archers also get to use that slot for some pretty good archery bonuses whereas no other skills can really gain major bonuses from the cloak location.

In other words it would add an unfair advantage for one skill to use a slot for high end bonuses that nobody else could use.

U

ultima online

Commodity Deed Box...

If it is truly account-bound and we cannot use one unless we are over a year old (meaning we have paid at least $100 to play so far, rather than $0)...

Now that the ability to move to a house has become an option,
It would be pretty groovy to let us move from a house as well.
(Or is this exactly how it will work already? It says "redeem" not, umm, "create.")

Ex: I have 60,000 shadow ingots that I keep in my house (because that's where my forge and smelting takes place) and I want to put them into a commodity deed. Bing, bang, boom - I put it in the Commodity Deed Box along with a deed and pop them ingots into the deed.

from another thread about commodity deeds

Yes, it does go both ways - it behaves just like the bank box for the purposes of filling and redeeming commodity deeds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm super excited about the rewards and all...... Though I too am highly disappointed the brazier and the catus's are NOT something I can choose which one I want they are just random..... that really stinks....

I'm also rather disappointed the ORE cart is a 10th year reward.... I would have liked it to be maybe a 8th year but 10th??? ouch... Guess I'll have to be patient for another 12 full months... *sighs*.....

As far as the plants go I think you know I'm pretty sad that they can't produce seeds at least.... Be a bear but fine...

Just please rethink making those deeds for the brazier and catus like a banner deed and let us choose.... I mean once I make the choice that's fine I don't need to swap it... but don't leave it random please

L

Lord Drakelord

Thank you Wofie, makes me wish I was at 120 months and not 108 months, something to look forward on the cart at least.

Commodity Deed Box, is this a tradeable item or is it account locked like the red soulstones?

Have no need for the Brazier , specially since its "a random brazier (tall or short)", we just use what we been using.

Wall Banners looks nice, at our current ages on accounts we could do that.

I reallly like the Tree Stumps and will for sure go for that. Can Co-owners place the older vet rewards on younger homes? I sure hope so.

I do know several ladies will be looking for trades on the vet reward robes for dresses when this hits live shards. Something to think about as well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree - the Ore carts & stumps should be lower, if simply because currently, the only ones that can claim the stumps & ore carts are the ones that predate both the special woods, and the current functions of the special metals. Personally, I believe the stumps should start out as a 4th year reward, and the carts at 7th year, as these would approximate a character being a year old at the time of ML/AOS respectively, then let younger characters get them at that age level from then on.

The braziers & cacti really need to be a "choice of" item.

Lastly, what is going to be the source for vanilla & sugar?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm glad I never used the rewards picks on my secondary account. This will soon be changing!

Good stuff!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hedges, hedges, hedges, hedges, hedges

:D:bowdown::D:bowdown::D:bowdown::D:bowdown::D

T

Teeshy

This is all very yayness!

...but now I ant to trade my ugly cloaks in for pretty dresses! Took me forever to decide to use a pick for a cloak, cos I just didn't like the look of them, but I finally did. Now I want dresses! =D

And so many older account rewards I want too! UO *better* not close down in the next 8 years ;) LOL!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you look at the vet rewards? I loged on test and 2 of my accounts both said can't determine account age.

D

DHMagicMan_1

How do you look at the vet rewards? I loged on test and 2 of my accounts both said can't determine account age.
Go to www.ultimaonline.com and look at the announcements on the front page. Click on more info about the new publish and all the new rewards are in that post.

F

Fox (Europa)

Apparently you need to read what was said again.

Archers kind of do get the short end of the stick on that, BUT archers also get to use that slot for some pretty good archery bonuses whereas no other skills can really gain major bonuses from the cloak location.

In other words it would add an unfair advantage for one skill to use a slot for high end bonuses that nobody else could use.
Yes, thanks for sorting him out on that.

As for "BUT archers also get to use that slot for some pretty good archery bonuses whereas no other skills can really gain major bonuses from the cloak location."...in PvP at least you will find many players with quivers, not just archers, as they like the DCI you can get.

But its about vet rewards rather than choosing which item to use in that slot and its not fair that vets who also use quivers should get penalised. How would it be if one of the +3 rewards used the spellbook slot and mages had to choose whether to have a spellbook or +3?

Fox

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will cooking menus in KR be updated? (or is it essentially frozen until the SA client is ready?)

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yessssss!
I so love the Vet Rewards, hedges, coco trees...Yesss. and a good looking new ethy!

I propose that someone on the Dev team at least consider, please, to give us more than One new pick a year. How about 2?
Since its been many years since we got updated vet rewards it sure would be nice to be able to pick more than one thing a year, even if you have multiple accounts.
Unless there is a reason for only making one pick a year?

Thank you again. I really am satisfied and pleased with this publish.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I wont be getting them because of that. If I wanted a short one and got a tall one would just **** me off. Then I have to go around and find someone else who wants the one I got and dont want the one I got. Give us the option to get either tall or short. Give us option to pick the one we want. Even if its permanent we can make the decision we want at first. I dont like random stuff especially when I dont get a chance for another year to try again.