• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma PvP Thread **Read Disclaimer Before Posting!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ayden22
smack talk wastes time. kill and move on to your next target .
or rez and get revenge
& when you just got pwned and your unable to do either of those bc your flagged it's a perfect time to compliment your opponent on a Well earned victory or to laugh at him for dismounting you and having 4 stealth archers pop out for the kill .... I bet we can all guess why KMS doesn't speak ... I mean .... I woudln't attempt to defend Pathetic kills like that either....

I think the confusion is that ....

For me the exciting part about PvP is the challenge... Realistically mowing down NoMercy is only fun for a kill or 2 bc it is no challenge. But as far as I can tell for COP they aren't interested in a Challenge. Most of COP will only fight when they THINK they are assured a win.. That's very sad. It's totally obvious though by the way that half the character are stealth archers etc.. I think if COPS leadership actually had the cojones to attempt 1 on 1's win or lose and not just book it in a straight line faster than any can follow.. COP would be a better guild for it. I can't remember the last time I fought any COP worthwile ( aka one of their three decent tamers.. TMI / Rough / KMS) & didn't have 1 of the following things happen..

1) Ran in a staight line at Mach 1 with no other intent than to get the hell outta town

2) Call in a gank

Matter of fact I fought TMI on his disarm / archer / Tamer character for over 10 minutes until he decided he didn't have a chance in hell of killing me and just setup a dismount gank... lol Man.... I'd quit UO if I ever had to resort to being that lame to get a kill...

Anway... The pvp thread was looking a bit sad so maybe this can stir up something to read lol.

PS... no insult intended NoMercy. I mean a wither cannon has it's uses and I understand how confusing the rest of those buttons on your keyboard can get! :D

N

noxyoursox

PS... no insult intended NoMercy. I mean a wither cannon has it's uses and I understand how confusing the rest of those buttons on your keyboard can get! :D
Almost fell outta my chair when i read this haha. I bet his wither key is 1-9 on the keypad...so he can just lay his hand on it when he is getting killed. Like a massive panic button...him and the fey summoner raspootin...lol

H

harrypotted III

FYI everybody if you play a tamer as a main pvp character you are a nub. Thanks!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh noes!! NV and Jack isnt even their main. And when they do play them they complately mow you guys over isnt it? WoW you named two mare tamer MAGES(yea dont even need your dismount gimp tactics) from scam I can easily name 5 cop archer tamers which everyone knows takes zero(0) skill. Well let me think Ruff, Beastmaster, One, Energizer, Shin, Eragon oops I named 1 extra and you know there's more than that. Lets leave out all your blue/red GD tamers we dont want more truth now do we.

TMI alone has what? 3 main tamers he plays? Now thats funny.

Hmm, please tell One/Ruff/Pain/Beastmaster/Legolas/Panesol(sp?) to turn it down much much more please. I kept on mistaking all these "dexers" instant casting teleport over and over Diablo 2 sorceress style while they are running for their life.

H

harrypotted III

When all you can play is a tamer your basically saying "I can't kill anybody on my own so I'm just going to run away and let my pet do it."

It's funny even the COP mages can't pvp without pets so they summon deamons lol

P

Philos

Yeh, I have to admit, the whole tamer thing is really starting to get annoying.

M

Madchild

good to see none of my names are on this list ....yes im still COP .. i am not faction ....my mage sux and is almost never played ....my tamer is on a different shard and used for farming ...

and this is the same damn argument that we had months ago with the bush archers and mages screaming all kill

my spelling and other such skillz are still at a grade 4 lvl IM BACK LIVE WITH IT!!!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to see none of my names are on this list ....yes im still COP .. i am not faction ....my mage sux and is almost never played ....my tamer is on a different shard and used for farming ...

and this is the same damn argument that we had months ago with the bush archers and mages screaming all kill

my spelling and other such skillz are still at a grade 4 lvl IM BACK LIVE WITH IT!!!
Yea, if you would like you can xfer your tamer back since your guild is now known as the biggest stealth hiding straight line house running all kill guild on sonoma.

Greater Dragon and Dreads are COPs bread and butter, soul and life. Main PvP templates other than your good-ol-all kill screaming gimplets are stealth archers and running dexers with hiding. Play sonoma again!!!

We are happy that you are back.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They already have many PAS alts. Didnt suprise me one bit when they recruited all GORs.

just when i thought that cops 15men dsp is amazing enough they are trying to make their regular dsp crew 25+ men. LoL
Quick question, how did you guys fit 30+ people in vent? Guess you guys need upgrade vent to 80 max or something.

M

Madchild

i aint bringin my tamer back and even on the other shard he doesnt have a super drago or a dread mare he's a good ol tram tamer good for doom and swoops :p

H

harrypotted III

i aint bringin my tamer back and even on the other shard he doesnt have a super drago or a dread mare he's a good ol tram tamer good for doom and swoops :p
Thats exactly what a tamer should be used for. Try to tell your guildies that.....

P

Philos

I went to watch the SCAM's harry yesterday. And what did I see? At least 3-4 reds running around with gdragons. I guess once a guild gets to be around the same size as COP they just figure... tamers?

H

harrypotted III

I went to watch the SCAM's harry yesterday. And what did I see? At least 3-4 reds running around with gdragons. I guess once a guild gets to be around the same size as COP they just figure... tamers?
Yes we did happen to have a lot of dragons last night, but that was in anticipation of COP bringing all of their tamers. Especially in Wrong its a good tactic to stack your dragons up in the door for when they try to push (they never pushed though and we had to push out on our own harry). If you watched the whole fight you would have saw our dragons played a very little part in owning COP. It was actually are necros that did the work. Dragons were just intimidation :>

P

Philos

Nope. I just sat on the roof for a few minutes until 3-4 SCAM tele'd up.

Just saying, anyway. I get the tactic. But I question your right to complain.

H

harrypotted III

We play our tamers once in a blue moon and we are able to play other templates besides "all kill" nubs. We also never talk smack when we kill people on our tamers because we know how over powered they are. COP on the other hand can only play tamers or stealth archers and then act like they are the leetest pvpers when they kill you with their dread mare or GD. Thats why we complain

N

noxyoursox

We cant play our tamers to counter their Dragons? Notice we only use them when they do in chokes and harrowers ect. We dont have more than ONE tamer temp on our accts nor do we gate fight with them. I think we can complain.

M

Madchild

Thats exactly what a tamer should be used for. Try to tell your guildies that.....

your starting to sound like you play WOW ..thats like telling me i cant tank with my fury warrior and saying im pure DPS .

telling me how to play my template other then how i want to .

stop bitchin abt the tamers i bet your still killing them as much as they r gettin you .

H

harrypotted III

your starting to sound like you play WOW ..thats like telling me i cant tank with my fury warrior and saying im pure DPS .

telling me how to play my template other then how i want to .

stop bitchin abt the tamers i bet your still killing them as much as they r gettin you .
If that was the case I wouldn't be complaining.....

K

Kurare

So what's up with pvp now days? Any changes since 6 months ago?
Still packed with those outrageous dexxer templates?
Worth delving into it a little?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's up with pvp now days? Any changes since 6 months ago?
Still packed with those outrageous dexxer templates?
Worth delving into it a little?
Dexer templates are not nearly as screwed up. But you get a lot of zero(0) skill tamer archers now due to the new overpowered pets.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP Tactics: (posted for popular demand)

Everything is included, super dragons, house choke point, house dismounters and many many house PvPers. Outnumbering us by at least double (cant even see the 5+ stealthers there). I couldnt get the life bar for many of the stealth archer who apperently has GM Camping for better house fighting bonus. (Great idea to revive a useless skill btw)

Then, corpses around the COP main PvP house (there are 4 other emergency COP PvP houses around it I think).

M

Madchild

and the speed thing is old news too i still out run those you claim are super fast .
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
most of you have pvp tamers too granted they may not be seen as much but it does get boring having to fight thru 5 dragons scam has set in a door way or in a choke and they arnt as hard to kill as everyone make out takes 2 people one on the tamer and one on the pet a good dexer can go toe to toe with those dragons

F

Freya/Passion

Mad just because you've logged on twice in the last year doesn't mean your all of a sudden Mr Expert at the pvp gate scenario. Scam has I think one tamer Pvp'er...Lovely I do believe. Yes I'm sure people do have tamers out there, I even sometimes bring Demos to the gate with his dragon. And seriously not to be rude, two cop couldn't take out one Scam, I'm sorry. I think I just laughed myself sick. Oh my.

:hahaha:

N

noxyoursox

PvP Tactics: (posted for popular demand)

Everything is included, super dragons, house choke point, house dismounters and many many house PvPers. Outnumbering us by at least double (cant even see the 5+ stealthers there). I couldnt get the life bar for many of the stealth archer who apperently has GM Camping for better house fighting bonus. (Great idea to revive a useless skill btw)

Then, corpses around the COP main PvP house (there are 4 other emergency COP PvP houses around it I think).

Is this right or are my eyes playing tricks on me? TMI has energizer and Rotten Man on at the same time....how is this possible? B-U-S-T-E-D

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Duh Nox.... look at it this way.

TMI has hmm.. 3 faction characters that I know of (ONE / Energizer / Rotten)

So that means for every 1 minute played he can burn 2 minutes of STATLOSS (3 accnts online at a time oh my!)... So roughly for every 10 minutes he manages to stay alive(20 minutes of statloss is burned) one character comes outta stat... lol... The trick is just killing him more often than every 10 minutes to put him outtta commission. :lick:

M

Madchild

Mad just because you've logged on twice in the last year doesn't mean your all of a sudden Mr Expert at the pvp gate scenario. Scam has I think one tamer Pvp'er...Lovely I do believe. Yes I'm sure people do have tamers out there, I even sometimes bring Demos to the gate with his dragon. And seriously not to be rude, two cop couldn't take out one Scam, I'm sorry. I think I just laughed myself sick. Oh my.

:hahaha:
your right ......and even when i was logging every day i wasnt an expert at gate pvp never said i was .

and ohhh i never said scam has 5 dragons at the gate but i have seen it in spawn areas and harrys .

never said 2 could take out 1 scam tho i could see it i didnt say it in that post .

"they arnt as hard to kill as everyone make out takes 2 people one on the tamer and one on the pet a good dexer can go toe to toe with those dragons "

thats what i said that does not say scam in it and honestly all that has to happen is keep the tamer busy long enought to kill the pet . cant say it wont happen ive kept a scam dexer and lol a scam tamer with drago busy long enough for 3 of my guild mate to rez up and get back into dsp <------------ you may point out that that adds up to 4 vs 2 in cops fav thats ok we did take the spawn .

srry i set that post up wrong and made it so you thought the whole thing was aimed at scam the only point i tried to make was that even scam uses tamers

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
srry i set that post up wrong and made it so you thought the whole thing was aimed at scam the only point i tried to make was that even scam uses tamers
That's completely true and we dont deny it. However, unlike cops we dont celebrate any single kill with our tamers because we know that's just some overpowered zero skill cheap kill. And we also dont play tamer gimplets as mains. The current COP PvP fundation is built on gimp tamers and crapload of stealth dismount archers, and I believe everyone knows that. Even April Shower after taken a beat down by one of our tamer alts commented "is the dread horse really necessary?" And I understand her. SCAMs are generally much more solid PvPers and unlike COPs we do NOT need overpowered pets to win. And if a SCAM member is rocking a gimplet tamer, they mow people over without the assistance from 5+ dismount shots coming from invisible players ususally hiding in one of the many houses.

And I am happy to see you that's at least one(1) COP is still replying to posts while staying closely to the truth and do not deny how overpowered tamers are at the current UO PvP system.

You seem to be a reasonable person, maybe you can convince them that wraping in with super running speed, dismount all kill moving shot isnt...... really...... skill...... but if that's what it takes for certain group to win, then oh well, let it be. We still do win the majority of the time without tamers currently anyways.

M

Mr Helmet

hey rasputin pretty good duel at the farms tonight i must say. i catch jack hanna bragging about a 1 AM harry that COP pulled off and then he sets up this nice little duel with me and rasputin. im pretty sure rasputin hit me with 1 harm and the total duration of the duel was about 15 seconds. then afterwards of course COP has to roll through with 9 people to gank those of us who showed up to see the ownage. keep running your mouths. Oh and when jack hanna, who im pretty sure is pain judging by how he runs his mouth, learns to play a mage or even makes a mage for that matter hit me up and ill be glad to embarrass you at the farms too. :)

M

Madchild

War i dont deny the power of the tamer thats why i think the pets should grow in skill with the tamer thats what gets me a half trained tamer with 10 skills has a fully trained pet the pet should only go as high as the taming skillz on the owner.

as for the super speed i havent seen it cuz i can out run almost all my guild mates and can keep up with most of you guys and besides if someones gonna run i turn and go for a target that wants to fight

N

noxyoursox

A+ for effort cop on our harrower.....maybe if u had more people on real templates instead of stealthers u could of put up a real fight? Thats how to do a harrower "prime time" instead of 3 in the morning. It wouldnt be so bad if u guys did it and admit that ure waffles for sneaking it off...but u come to luna bank and brag about it like u accomplished something lol...GG

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take the Hacking exploit discussion in game. You can't prove anything here nor will you ever get an admission if that is what you are looking for.

N

noxyoursox

I was just thinking today that the mods were letting us talk a lot more without restrictions...that was nice. Sooo much for that!

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just thinking today that the mods were letting us talk a lot more without restrictions...that was nice. Sooo much for that!
We've been following the same policies as always. You simply didn't see any disappeared posts because people have been able to abstain from calling each other speedhacking nublets for an entire week...which is very, very creepy.

o_O

F

Freya/Passion

Boo well that never answered my question!!! What a time for you mods to sober up from the weekend :pint:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quenchant Said:
Take the Hacking exploit discussion in game. You can't prove anything here nor will you ever get an admission if that is what you are lookig for.
Actually... you can never truely prove anything... but you can definately support your Hypothesis.... & getting an admission is also as simple as a guily party deciding to admit... stranger things have happened.

-------------------
Hypothesis

A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

Example: My hypothesis is that my DOG is immortal....He will live forever & cannot die. It's quite easy to disprove this in one of a multitude of ways, but impossible to prove bc you cannot test the infinite # of ways that could cause death nor could you live forever to see if he's immortal.....
--------------------

Anyway.... Mods will do what Mods gotta do, but it just always bugged me when you pull out the good ole line about how "nothing is accomplished". We all play this game, & we are all intelligent enough to read between the lines... Ya your right.. I'm not going to PROVE anything.. but nothing ever is... Nuff said.

H

harrypotted III

Quenchant Said:

Actually... you can never truely prove anything... but you can definately support your Hypothesis.... & getting an admission is also as simple as a guily party deciding to admit... stranger things have happened.

-------------------
Hypothesis

A hypothesis is an educated guess, based on observation. Usually, a hypothesis can be supported or refuted through experimentation or more observation. A hypothesis can be disproven, but not proven to be true.

Example: My hypothesis is that my DOG is immortal....He will live forever & cannot die. It's quite easy to disprove this in one of a multitude of ways, but impossible to prove bc you cannot test the infinite # of ways that could cause death nor could you live forever to see if he's immortal.....
--------------------

Anyway.... Mods will do what Mods gotta do, but it just always bugged me when you pull out the good ole line about how "nothing is accomplished". We all play this game, & we are all intelligent enough to read between the lines... Ya your right.. I'm not going to PROVE anything.. but nothing ever is... Nuff said.
hahahha o man that was good. See you in a few days.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I have been doing. Supporting my observations of many many amazing things that some people can do that had me scratch my head. I even have screenshots to somewhat strengthen "my guesses".

I mean the only reason I havent posted some people standing on grave stones, running thru bagballs and also of course suspicious unattended macroing activities are especially due to the whole "violation of regulations" thing by posting some "special" screenshots showing "some" people doing amazing that they officially announced that they would never do nor be able to do.

Well I guess that's how it goes, but at the very least we all have an idea who's the big liars now.

N

noxyoursox

Its kinda dead on here now lol....no more cop coming on talking about how they zerg us out anymore?? I guess b.c they have been getting ran over even when they zerg...poor coppers...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey...been enjoying the fights with everyone...keep em up...would like to see COP more...guess they getting beat too much so back into hiding they go...hopefully -F- will get up and going good here before long...give some decent fights. See all you nubs on the feild!

Status
Not open for further replies.