• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Locks and Amnesty

M

Meggers

Scammers are not interested in skilling to locks.
---------------------------------------------

Scammers have always been in this game and always will be. I really don't think we will turn the scammers into nice people by not giving honest players what they deserve. We have spent 5 years being penalized for the sins of the cheaters in this game. I think now is the time to get our just rewards and let us have the locks we deserve. I have 1 account that has been here since beta. I got another about a year after that, then 2 more a year after that. Since it takes 6 years to max and lock all skills there will still be plenty of folks sitting around watching pixels read books.

G

TTL

I have no problem with the skill locks being linked to account age. I like the idea and it would do some much needed good for the community moral. I also like the idea of amnesty. Amnesty is only going to give you what you deserved. I see no way that either of these harms the game in any way. Just my opinion.

M

Meggers

I have no problem with the skill locks being linked to account age. I like the idea and it would do some much needed good for the community moral. I also like the idea of amnesty. Amnesty is only going to give you what you deserved. I see no way that either of these harms the game in any way. Just my opinion.
-----------------------------------------

I see no way this hurts the game either. In a previous post someone said it would probably even get older players to return. That can't be anything but good for the game and keeping it alive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We are all so irresistible stalkers can't stay away from us hehe.

If my stalker was say...526 days of entitlement and then a new sim shows up 2 days later with 528 days of entitlement, it's pretty obvious what the deal is.
Its a lot better than now...where I'm paranoid of 20 newbies lol.
Plus entitlement days and skill locks really have nothing to do with ban and iggy lists.
Maybe you should start a post on that subject...I have a lot to say there lol. I just don't like going off topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point there. If the age were to change as well as the locks. The people saying they only have one sim would reflect the same age on all of the sims in EA-Land. Which may be 8 EA-Land sims. LOL I wish all our sims were forced to have the same name. This might actually help us keep tabs on stalkers and scammers. I am at the point now that I just want a nap. If the devs decide to do a poll on this I am sure it will go through. What will be will be. I did not come here to do many posts. I came to make one. I felt everything I said was taken out of context and found myself explaining what I meant about everything I said. I think my last reply to Niki explained a lot. I certainly hope so. If not please excuse me for being a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for stating the things you see as 'cons' to the idea....without an opposing point of view, it is hard to get a good debate going. And a good debate on a subject, is healthy and helps us to see the whole picture, before we decide wether to support something or not.

One side may still gain the majority of support in the end, but that does not diminish the contribution of the minority view. And you are not a monster....just the minority opinion....at least on this subject, in this thread, so naturally, you are the one everyone will be addressing with their opinions and questions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The whole game is changing - from top to bottom and side to side. The end result will bear only a superficial resemblance to TSO.
The rules MUST change, along with the structure of the game. To suggest that botters/scammers might take advantage of a change may or may not be true, but that would be a possibility in any case.
Are we to disallow any changes to the game based on the possibility of abuse? If that were so, there would be no on-line games, and certainly no TSO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was against all change. I said I do not agree with this change.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! No fair!
You're sposed to be ignoring me!

G

TTL

I am very concerned, still, with the feeling that this may be a knee jerk panacea to a vocal minority. A minority that is playing in an "unnatural" environment of Test Center. Lackalockee diseased.

Very few account holders actually *read* Stratics. Fewer still have sims in Test Center.

Suggestion: Dust off an old sim in a production city. Go ahead, you can patch back and forth. It's safe now (until next Wednesday that is
). Talk to some sims in a skill house. Talk to some 800+ day olds. I predict they will react more like Simone and I did.

Again, anything to help Betas and Founders come back I am all for, hell I'll even give them a campfire....or two...or three....((scoff, campfire! perfect example of discussion in a vacuum))

G

I like the idea of tying skill locks to paid account time for purely selfish reasons. I have two founder accounts that have been active since they were made, all the sims have been recreated at once stage or another so yes it would be wonderful if skill locks were based on paid entitlement.

I'm not sure about those accounts that have been left dormant for years - why should someone coming back to the game now after a two year break have the same number of skill locks available as if they'd been paying all that time? Sure its good to encourage new and old players to the game, but what incentive would there to keep your account fully subscribed if you can just reactivate after a break and still have everything as if you'd always been paying?

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like the idea of tying skill locks to paid account time for purely selfish reasons. I have two founder accounts that have been active since they were made, all the sims have been recreated at once stage or another so yes it would be wonderful if skill locks were based on paid entitlement.

I'm not sure about those accounts that have been left dormant for years - why should someone coming back to the game now after a two year break have the same number of skill locks available as if they'd been paying all that time? Sure its good to encourage new and old players to the game, but what incentive would there to keep your account fully subscribed if you can just reactivate after a break and still have everything as if you'd always been paying?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm..... hasn't the discussion always been about 'paid' time?
Did I miss something?
If the question is : Should accts get locks based solely on age, then my response is "Hell, no!".
'Paid time' is a different story.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure about those accounts that have been left dormant for years - why should someone coming back to the game now after a two year break have the same number of skill locks available as if they'd been paying all that time?

[/ QUOTE ]

No sorry if I was unclear, I would not advocate them getting locks for the time they didnt pay, only what they would have had at the time they left ie: paid time up to that point. The exception I would make would be for the on and offers that managed to get locks for months they did not pay, I wouldnt take them back from them if they allready have them. All my own personal viewpoint of course lol.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep Donovan...we are talking 'paid' time not account age.

Yeah Niki, you may be right about those here now that are on again/off again peeps. It's amnesty so let them keep what they have. A one time deal.

IF ea decides to do this, then in the future these players will have to understand that If they continue to do the on again/off again habit....then their locks would stop accumulating just like everyone that doesn't pay. (edited...YIKES leaving an n't off really changes a sentence. lol)

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's more unfair that I can cancel on and off and keep getting the locks I didn't pay for. (Which I've also experienced)

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent points made there.

People that have been most vocal in this debate have stated why should they loose locks for that exact reason. As you just pointed out, why should they have locks for time they have not payed for. That infact is a form "although legally" of cheating the system.
If you re-activated avery 90 days to avoid your sims being deleted, you infact have recieved 60 days worth of locks without paying for that time. We are only asking to get back what we have paid for. You are aguing that you should be able to keep what you have not paid for.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Our "entitlement" days are listed on our sims in TC3. These are number of days paid. It has nothing to do with how long we have had our accounts with EA. As a beta tester my sims in FF and DG are older than my entitlement days.

What we are talking about here ....is linking locks with entitlement. This means days paid for service. Any account that activated once every 90 days, did not pay for those 60 days of service. So their "entitlement" days are already less than someone that has paid every day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Our "entitlement" days are listed on our sims in TC3. These are number of days paid. It has nothing to do with how long we have had our accounts with EA. As a beta tester my sims in FF and DG are older than my entitlement days.

What we are talking about here ....is linking locks with entitlement. This means days paid for service. Any account that activated once every 90 days, did not pay for those 60 days of service. So their "entitlement" days are already less than someone that has paid every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, so the founders will lose locks too. If this were to happen.

G

I fully understand that gracy, I think you have missunderstood what I meant in my post. The people who have complained about loosing those locks you have just mentioned are who I am reffering to. If they reactivated every 90 days, they will loose locks as thier sims are infact older than thier paid account time.
My point is, They ague to keep locks on that 60 days time they did not for.
And that is most definately not a valid agument in my opinion.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, so the founders will lose locks too. If this were to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Founders were born on November27th, 2002 and our entitlement for paid accounts began on December 17th, 2002. A difference of only 20 days. Since it takes 21 days to accrue a lock. They might only lose one lock.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's more unfair that I can cancel on and off and keep getting the locks I didn't pay for. (Which I've also experienced)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent points made there.

People that have been most vocal in this debate have stated why should they loose locks for that exact reason. As you just pointed out, why should they have locks for time they have not payed for. That infact is a form "although legally" of cheating the system.
If you re-activated avery 90 days to avoid your sims being deleted, you infact have recieved 60 days worth of locks without paying for that time. We are only asking to get back what we have paid for. You are aguing that you should be able to keep what you have not paid for.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was an incentive for us to keep our accounts alive all these years. If we knew we would lose that to begin with. We would have probably had less accounts. Say maybe the number of accounts we could afford every month. We skilled sims to do different things. Some of us. I do not feel we were exploiting the system. We just played in a different manner. Some of us with multiple accounts would rotate them so we did not get so bored. Doing the same things every month. We continued to pay the whole time. We kept our sims alive. It is very hard for some of us to let them go. Where others would delete right and left. They did not care about their sims enough to keep them. Now we stand to lose what we strived to keep. If you are saying we should only get them if we pay for them. A lot of us would pay to keep what we have worked for. We have different points of view here. I can see both sides because I would win on some accounts and lose on others. If I got all the locks I have "paid for" and was given the option to keep 3 accounts with full locks I would do it. What you are suggesting is taking away from many people who play a different way than you do. Everyone that recreated or deleted or left for more than 4 mos knew the consequences. Or thought they did. It may change for their better. And too bad for the others. Too bad so sad. As Gracie pointed out. The founders will lose locks too. Is this something you really want? Is it worth losing several accounts that people have kept alive in this way? Chances the locks will not affect me at all. With so many sims in EALand I will not want to pay for the younger accounts any more. LOL idk Like I said, it is very hard for me to let my sims go. I like them the way they are. I feel like I earned what I have. I played the way I did because it was allowed. EA never led me to believe I was doing anything wrong. Yes this game is changing but why upset so many people that are currently playing? I am glad I am not a dev. If this is to go through all the people that do not come here would have no clue what is going on and will be furious to wake up with loss of locks. God help the devs then.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I really don't understand why we can't leave the skill locks tied to sims. I have many younger sims that do not have the same locks as my older sims. It's never bothered me before. Is this because everyone wants to create a new sim on opening day of EA-Land and have all your locks available that day? How fair is that to the new players that are also creating new sims that day?

You will all be able to merge your old sims with all their accumluated locks, belongings , friends, jobs and houses soon enough. Why do you also feel the need to jump the gun when creating a new sim?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I really don't understand why we can't leave the skill locks tied to sims. I have many younger sims that do not have the same locks as my older sims. It's never bothered me before. Is this because everyone wants to create a new sim on opening day of EA-Land and have all your locks available that day? How fair is that to the new players that are also creating new sims that day?

You will all be able to merge your old sims with all their accumluated locks, belongings , friends, jobs and houses soon enough. Why do you also feel the need to jump the gun when creating a new sim?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well....yeah it's true our old sims will be going to EAland...however, I have a LOT of those red headed 'stepford' wife sims.

Just for the sake of your sanity of being subjected to all those redheads....you should really WANT me to recreate a few of those. (not that I'm using them as a threat to the community mind you.)

There's only one way I'd recreate them.

That's it!!! All us with red-headed stepford wives in support of lock amnesty...should get together and picket the pub. LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a lot of people that would like to recreate their sims. I know for me, and I'm sure other people, one of the factors holding them back is their skill locks. Like you said before, if this were put into effect, founders would lose one skill lock, no biggie to most founders.

While it does seem very unclear on why this has turned into a hot debate, It DOES appear that a lot of people are for it. Each probably with their own individual reasons.

Also, TC3 is like an extension to my TSO game. I like to think of it as me testing the future of the game, which I am. This includes moving my oldest sim, and using it the most. What I love about my oldest sim is the skill locks. Knowing I could live in TC3 with all of my skill locks that are available to me would make it that much more enjoyable.

Plus, the added skill locks gives me something more to do. Many people only skill based on the number of locks they have, at least that's how I determine if I skill or not.

All in all, I've said pretty much nothing. I do want skill locks to be determined off of "Days Entitled". I don't think it will hurt the economy, help scammers, or increase cheating.

G

Don't get me started on the Page 5 girls, or the page 4 boys.

Head catalog

In my perfect world there would be a monthly limit on how many of them can be created.

Best aspect of TC is the diversity, dang I love aliens, bears and mimes!

G

I have very mixed feelings on this subject. I would benifit on most of my sims by receiving our locks based on our paid account age (around 107 locks on 4 of my accounts) then others I would have maybe between 100 and 104 locks on my other 6 accounts. One nice thing is I could close 6 of the accounts since I wouldn't have to worry about locks on my 4 founder accounts. But what i have against this is a selfish reason... Everybody attacked the TC players for wanting to retain a few of their simoleans letting us all know how we would be coming to TC3 with our locks in tac.. Well, now that we merged, our money was wiped, now these same people are saying how unfair it is we have locks and they should have theirs too. But I gain either way since all my tc3 accounts are founders or created within a few months of tso going live and I too have always paid my accounts.

G

I totally agree with your reasoning. Why should we change the rules now? I think people are missing their locks. They have since they deleted. So have I. I do not see it as being fair to change the rules now. There are way more people against this than are posting here. They do not want to get verbally attacked. I do not blame them. I was in the pub earlier tonight and the devs did not want to discuss this. This is a hot topic between players not the devs.

G

There is no harm in having this done. Besides, TSO is dead. This is going to be EALand. So changing the rules is only changing it for the sake of a new game. So all in all, it's not really changing the rules. It's writing the rules for a new game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is no harm in having this done. Besides, TSO is dead. This is going to be EALand. So changing the rules is only changing it for the sake of a new game. So all in all, it's not really changing the rules. It's writing the rules for a new game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Changing rules from week to week is no good. Wasting devs time is no good. The harm is making it take longer to open EA Land. The harm is losing current players to maybe get older players back. Sometimes I wish it were a new game and all our sims would be deleted. Then we would all start equal. We would be there already. This will take devs time away from EA-Land. I have more than one reason for being against this and have posted my thoughts. All this bickering could end. Because someone has a difference of opinion does not make them wrong. Because something will help you does not mean all will benefit. People are so greedy and I seem to hear me, me, me quite a bit around here. Like I said either way I win some I lose some. I hope the devs do not give this another thought. It is not like they will lose players if they do not change this. The older players have incentive through the Amnesty of regifting. If that does not bring them back neither will this. Several players have come back already. Have you talked to anyone that has quit and said if they change this I will definitly come back? Or even if EA takes the time to do this I will think about maybe coming back? Or is this just people that are sorry they deleted sims in the past and want their locks back now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

No need to reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a public forum, so I can reply. I can't say that any point you have made has convinced me that this is a bad thing. I still say that neither one of these items is bad for the game.

1. Gives incentive to bring back old players that quit playing.
2. Gives the current players incentive to stay around.
3. In no way, harms anyone.

All in all, I think it's a very smart move on the part of EA.

G

How is this incentive for us to stay? Will people leave if their demands are not met on this?

G

There are people all over this board that say that they don't like the changes so much they are leaving.

Incentive for those to stay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There are people all over this board that say that they don't like the changes so much they are leaving.

[/ QUOTE ] You say they are leaving because of changes. Changes like this. This will not convince people to stay.

G

That is your opinion.

One thing I hate is when people go back and edit their post to make it 10 times longer than it was. And no they are not leaving due to this change.

G

This change has not been made. I can edit my post if I like. Hate it or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] You say they are leaving because of changes. Changes like this. This will not convince people to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion. Clearly will never convince me. You can edit your post. Just when a one liner becomes over 10 lines [mfs].

G

<blockquote><hr>

How is this incentive for us to stay? Will people leave if their demands are not met on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The longer you pay the more skill locks you earn.
Also people wont be afraid to recreate sims anymore a big problem with recreation is skill locks.
This has been asked for for years now and it not new.

G

The longer you pay the more skill locks you earn. <font color="red"> It is that way now no change needed there.
</font>
Also people wont be afraid to recreate sims anymore a big problem with recreation is skill locks.
<font color="red">I don't see many people having problems deleting. Isn't this the purpose of this thread, really? For the deleters to get their skill locks back. </font>
<font color="red">Hmm I must have missed those threads. I was replying to a post in this thread. Hopefully it will be years more that it is asked and not given. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

The longer you pay the more skill locks you earn. It is that way now no change needed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not the way it is now. The way it is now, you pay once every 3 months to keep sims from being deleted and you get 3 months worth of locks which equals out to 12 months of locks a year. With linking to account age, if you paid once every 3 months, you would only get 4 months worth of lock a year. So how is that bad?? k thx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The longer you pay the more skill locks you earn. <font color="red"> It is that way now no change needed there.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
No by that I mean the longer you pay for your account the more skill locks you have. Right now it goes by sim age and you dont have to pay for your sim to age. If skill locks go by account age it goes by the amount of days your account has been paid for. Completely different not how it is now.

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">I don't see many people having problems deleting. Isn't this the purpose of this thread, really? For the deleters to get their skill locks back. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
MANY MANY MANY will not delete their main sim because of skill lock loss. It has been posted many times as a complaint
<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">Hmm I must have missed those threads. I was replying to a post in this thread. Hopefully it will be years more that it is asked and not given. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say I didn't miss those posts. Maybe I'll be nice and go through the archives for some quotes and links...

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is not the way it is now. The way it is now, you pay once every 3 months to keep sims from being deleted and you get 3 months worth of locks. With linking to account age, if you paid once every 3 months, you would only get 4 months worth of lock a year. So how is that bad?? k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do not pay at all for 4 mos you lose them.

If you continue to pay you do not.

Ronin, I do not even know why Froggie responded to me. He replied to a post that I had asked you a question in. My point in that one is that people will not leave if this change is not made.

I don't even know why you originally replied to me. Unless you wanted to start something with me.

I am finished talking about this with you now.

"That is all I have to say about that."

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you do not pay at all for 4 mos you lose them.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you reactivate your account after that time, you get them back.

<blockquote><hr>

I don't even know why you originally replied to me. Unless you wanted to start something with me.

I am finished talking about this with you now.

"That is all I have to say about that."
I do not even know why he responded to me. He replied to a post that I had asked you a question in. My point in that one is that people will not leave if this change is not made.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm replying to you because you post your opinion in a public forum and upon reading through the post, I disagreed. Because I disagreed with your post, I quoted it and told you why. I am sorry if you feel like I am trying to start stuff with you. I am not. I am just disagreeing and stating my well thought out reasonings for doing so. If you do not agree with my reasonings feel free to argue back. If you agree feel free to say so. That is what a forum is all about. People talking about ideas back and forth sharing their opinions eventually hoping to reach a compromise in the middle.

<blockquote><hr>

fo·rum
–noun, plural fo·rums, fo·ra
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel the need to cite this source as I did not write this definition on my own. Is MLA format okay? I'm a Litt major and get very annoyed when I see bad grammar and stuff like that. MLA is like standard every time I do research.
<blockquote><hr>

"forum." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 20 Dec. 2007. &lt;Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum&gt;. </blockquote>

G

Okay, let's break this down so everyone understands. Currently, skill locks are based upon sim age not account age. By basing upon sim age, you could pay once every 3 months for just that month and receive 3 months worth of skill locks. This is because you account automatically deletes the sims after 90 days(3 months) of inactivity. This is what happens because the skill locks are linked to sim age.

With the new system of linking skill locks to account age, what I said above will NOT happen. By paying once every 3 months, the sim will stay alive, but will only receive 1 month of skill locks.

That is how the current system works. Will KIR please correct me if I am wrong. So, this in no way harms anyone playing the game.

Also, those people who do not like the changes, this is an incentive for them to stick it out till everything is complete. It will also attract old players who have stopped paying for their accounts. When they start paying for their accounts again, their newly created sims will have skill locks based on the amount of time they have paid for said account. This is a very big incentive to bring them back.

G

LOL I edited my not so well thought out post it was worded wrong. I typed above a comment when I edited instead of below. I fixed it now. errr I do not know what you mean by forum. Could you splain a lil more for me?

The comment about someone wanting to start something with me was meant for Ronin.

Like I said I put it in the wrong place. I was saying I did not know why you replied to a question I had asked him. Which he did not answer. I think because he knows people will not leave if this does not go through. This post is not well thought out either and can be edited. I am a little tired from defending myself all day.

Call me stupid all you want. I did my crying earlier when someone aplauded me being attacked and then I was atttacked by someone I thought was my friend. Over what? People wanting their locks back and wanting to take them from others. Changing more rules and wasting more devs time.

G

Just to point this out,

No, I'm starting anything.
No one called you stupid.

I don't believe people will leave if this doesn't go through, but i do believe that a lot of people won't come back. People that this game desperately needs. This is a very big incentive to bring them back. At the same time, it also gives incentive to those that do not like the changes a reason to stick around.

In no way does it harm anyone. I guess that is where I'm at with this. You continue to say it will do harm to the community when in fact, there is no way that it can. k thx.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Well this was a great discussion full of many ideas and differing opinions. I'm sure TPTB will take all of this into consideration when they have the time to put this latest request on the drawing board.

On my list of priorities, this is low on the list.

They still have to get EA-Land opened.
Fix lag issues.
Merge all the cities.
Deliver 4th year gift.
Fix bugs with CC.
Deliver 5th year gift.
Add more objects we can create.
Fix lag issues.
Fix more bugs with CC.
Add all objects from expansions.
Fix more lag issues.
Get us into the directx9 graphics.
Fix more lag issues.

I

imported_queenme

nice nutshell gracie

couldn't agree more

the only thing that I would add is this:

the reality is the only folks who could possibly be actually harmed (as in rl monetary loss) from this proposed skill lock amnesty is....

EA games....

cuz lemme tell you I doubt that I would be the only one to cancel a few accounts if suddenly every sim on my original account received the 107 or 109? I think I currently have in av....I mean seriously folks, just how many fully skilled sims does any one human need??? and I can fully "skill" them in mere days at the fruit store...and or teach them all to max with my already maxed sims....sooooo.....

other than that slight possible drawback for eagames...there really is no reason to not make skill locks be tied to the paid days on the account

theres my two cents worth

G

If you are saying that EA will lose through people closing accounts on the basis that they can no longer keep multiple accounts open the way they have up to now. I would have to disagree. People in this post have said they will close accounts yes, accounts they have kept open by alternating multiple accounts using the 90 day grace period to do as cheaply as possible. I am sure that EA did not mean for the 90 day grace to be used in this way, rather it was to give a player a chance to return with his sims fully intact, property, skills friends and yes locks.
Using the 90 day grace the way these players have they were able to keep say 8 accounts for $20 a month, keeping all sims intact. EA should be getting $80 per month for that. I fail to se where EA would lose, these players are in fact taking advantage of an exploit.
I have often wondered how some players in here can afford to keep 20, 30 and much more accounts, thinking it would have been costing them hundreds of dollars a month.
Now I know they have been able to do that for ¼ of what I thought.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

The hot topic with the devs today is should we have skills locks based on entitlement days. If they were returning players would have any locks they earned through paid time. Recreating players would have the locks they earned. Lots of opinions for and against. Lets talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it all and I came up with this:

It ain't broke, so don't fix it. We have lived this long with the current lock situation and I do not see how this could possibly enhance gameplay. Developement team time is better spent on the future, not the past.

Also, I would gain locks on some accounts, and lose some on others, so what.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's is a the problem is isn't it? "Recreators/deleters" get their skill locks back.

Why do I feel that in this thread a 'deleter' is a bad word.

Why would it be so bad for "Recreators/deleters" to get locks back? Because "Recreators/deleters"are inferior because they 'deleted' their original sims? "Recreators/deleters"should just lose their investment in time because they don't value their sim?

"Recreators/deleters" should be punished!!!! How dare they delete their sims!

Personally, it took me a few tries to find a sim head I liked. I have still paid my money each month just like everyone else. But I am penalized in locks because I wanted a different looking sim.

I hear people say I have "blankety blank locks". Sometimes I sit here and think. Well, I have been paying for my accounts just as long as them. Why don't I have those locks? Oh that's right....recreators should be punished!

I've paid in full, each and every month. You will sit here with a straight face and tell me I don't deserve to have as many locks as you because I recreated?

Once again, why do some people think they should tell us how to play the game?

(BTW....all my alternate accounts have been paid on time EVERY month ever since they were created. I never missed a payment on a single one. It has cost me a little bit of money. Because all the sims will be in the same city, there are a few accounts that I might have let go if TSO had been in better health financially. Once TSO is back on it's feet, I may finally be able to delete them. )

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Read it all and I came up with this:

It ain't broke, so don't fix it. We have lived this long with the current lock situation and I do not see how this could possibly enhance gameplay. Developement team time is better spent on the future, not the past.

Also, I would gain locks on some accounts, and lose some on others, so what.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have also read all the posts and I agree with KIR, do not change the skill lock system that has been in place for five plus years. Changing it now will benefit some sims and hurt others and I don't see it as being a big draw to get old players back. Giving lapsed players their Simmies and anniversary gifts will be the big incentive to come back as well as all the new content.

The players who let some sims lapse in payment but reactivated before the 90 day grace period ended are not exploiters or cheaters. Skill locks were never tied to payment, they were earn for sim age not account age. By letting players keep their sim and skill locks EA was enticing players to at least come back every ninety days to make a payment to them which many did. Anyone could have opened an account and played on it intermittently there was no unfair advantage.

It would not be right to take away skill locks already earned under the old system if a new system is put in place. All skill locks earned to date need to be grandfathered in if we go to a new system. That is what would be fair.

I really don't want our developers wasting their valuable time on changing the current lock system. They have too many other important issues to attend to if they want to turn this game around and make it a success.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It's important because 'old players' might be willing to 'reactivate' their old accounts if they are entitled to create their sims based on the locks they actually paid for up until they stopped paying.

Getting rid of the lag....updating graphics....custom content....etc. That's all really important. But bringing paid subscription numbers up significantly in the near future is extremely important also.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, doesn't work here because without subscribers....there won't be anything to fix.