• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Locks and Amnesty

G

<blockquote><hr>

the scammers will love this, scam a sim, delete/recreate and have as many locks etc as before and start a fresh new sim on to screw er um scam again, grrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think scammers who scam and recreate spend their time skilling so this will not affect their "game play".

G

(also just hitting reply)

Then this raises another question...why have skill decay at all? You skilled it, you keep it.

G

Hi Niki, I was at that discussion with the devs on this topic, it went for ages and a lot of good points were presented for both arguments.
I was in the debate on the side of gaining locks when we return after a break.
However I do differ to what the outcome should be.
If we were to completely re-gain all lost locks according to paid account time it would take from those who have continued to pay.
It also would add to the ease of people re-creating for the wrong reason.
Therefore after that debate where the devs were involved I talked to Larry about another idea to perhaps solve the problem.
My idea is as follows:
For each say 60 days of paid account time the time it takes to gain an extra lock is reduced bt 1 day.
IE: A 600 day paid account would reduce the amount of time required to gain an extra lock by 10 days to 11. A 1200 day paid account would then gain an extra lock each day. Yes this does seem to be extreme gaining a lock each day on return to the game.
It would take that person 100 days to gain a complete set of locks where a player who had stayed would already have them.
A player then returning to the game would still start with only 20 locks. If that player had played previously for a long period they would be able to re-gain locks quickly.
A player should get some benefit for the time they had played even after a break and not have to completely start again.
Not only does it lesson the amount of players that would consider returning. it also means the game is not prepared to cater for part time players.
That is a huge market loss for the game.
I gave these figures only as an example, they are up for debate as to how many days of paid time should reduce waiting time for the locks.
I think that this method could produce a result that is fare to everyone.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

With your proposal, would they regain locks to where they are entitled or to the age of the account? Somehow all that sounds complicated. Why can't it be something that is just 'straight forward' and easy to understand?

See my thought on the locks is that instead of having it actually attached to the sim, it would be attached to the account. The lock accumulation would be based on the entitlement field. (would be nice if age would too.)

When a person reactivates their account, they could see how many days have been paid (entitlement 'credits') and how many locks that translates into. So if Joshmo reactives his account and he has like 880ish paid days. Any sim he creates on that account should have something like 60ish locks.

If the account becomes inactive, the account would no longer accrue locks. It would be a perk for being a subscribing member.

Here's the next question....what about trials/freebies? Where do they stand in all this? Should EA limit them to 20 locks and then allow them to start accruing locks when they become paying subscribers? With this system, they would not begin accruing locks until they started paying.

G

*TTL*

Why don't you guys say the real reason you are for this? You deleted sims for TC3 and now you want your locks back. We will be able to change our looks in the future.

The people that will be hurt by this change are the people who played by the rules.

You are getting the Amnesty of the gifts as it is (under the pretense of getting old players back).

This will benefit you and that is really all that matters. The accounts that are lapsed for more than 4 mos knew that they would come back with no sims or 3 mos if homeless. This is the way TSO has always been. If you recreated you knew you would lose your locks and age. Those are facts.

I guess I am the devils advocate you speak of. (Evil for not agreeing) A nay sayer and whatever else I was called before I ever posted. I was at the store when this conversation took place. You all worked on Lee til he left. Then started in on Larry. He said he did not think it would be fair. I don't know if you swayed him or not.

For those of you thinking the devs are wasting time on this rather than working on lag issues, you are wrong. This was not a topic brought up by the devs. They have since fixed some of the lag problems and continue to work on them.

This will benefit scammers and stalkers. If the locks are acct based the age will be. Stalker recreates and they are not 0 days old. You have no idea who they are (Stalker = Scammer) The ex you gave all those gifts too and forgot about, then you meet someone new you give them gifts. Turns out it was the ex. LOL That is a scam. The scammers use the move feature now to erase webs and keep age. In EA-Land this will not be a solution. Unless this goes through. They will still be able to get off of your ban lists and ignore list. I was looking forward to being able to keep those lists in tact on older sims. Now if this goes through, I guess it will be back to the "Trust No One". My old Motto.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

Why don't you guys say the real reason you are for this? You deleted sims for TC3 and now you want your locks back. We will be able to change our looks in the future.

The people that will be hurt by this change are the people who played by the rules.

You are getting the Amnesty of the gifts as it is (under the pretense of getting old players back).

This will benefit you and that is really all that matters. The accounts that are lapsed for more than 4 mos knew that they would come back with no sims or 3 mos if homeless. This is the way TSO has always been. If you recreated you knew you would lose your locks and age. Those are facts.

I guess I am the devils advocate you speak of. (Evil for not agreeing) A nay sayer and whatever else I was called before I ever posted. I was at the store when this conversation took place. You all worked on Lee til he left. Then started in on Larry. He said he did not think it would be fair. I don't know if you swayed him or not.

For those of you thinking the devs are wasting time on this rather than working on lag issues, you are wrong. This was not a topic brought up by the devs. They have since fixed some of the lag problems and continue to work on them.

This will benefit scammers and stalkers. If the locks are acct based the age will be. Stalker recreates and they are not 0 days old. You have no idea who they are (Stalker = Scammer) The ex you gave all those gifts too and forgot about, then you meet someone new you give them gifts. Turns out it was the ex. LOL That is a scam. The scammers use the move feature now to erase webs and keep age. In EA-Land this will not be a solution. Unless this goes through. They will still be able to get off of your ban lists and ignore list. I was looking forward to being able to keep those lists in tact on older sims. Now if this goes through I guess it will be back to the "Trust No One". My old Motto.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTHeck?

You sure to pick and choose what you want to act high and mighty over don't you?

Some of us SPECIFICALLY mentioned that we had deleted a sim in order to play in TC3 when it opened. As a matter of fact, I think the devs asked us if we'd would.

SO I guess we are CHEATERS because we were asking for a change in the game that not only benefits us but many other player and future players?

My sims have been hanging out for 5 years, fully paid, and but for missing a couple of items...have all their gifts. I don't exploit, scam, stalk, harrass, murder,pillage or plunder any other sims. But because I've requested locks be attached to entitlement, then I'm not playing by the rules? What a crock of bull?

Is it FAIR? To the players that created in TC3 that they are stuck with young sims when old sims were allowed to get moved into tc without having to recreate. What about me? Is it fair I had to delete a sim to get him out of tc last year and now this year everyone was able to move them?

It's not up to me to tell you or anyone else what or how to play their sims.

It's common practice when suggesting a change in something, making a list of pros and cons usually helps clarify whether it's worth pursuing.

There is one con, and that's the people screaming FOWL and being nasty and offensive to the people in favor of it is because they haven't actually paid their full subscriptions and they WILL lose locks. NO FAIR!!!

I've paid my time. Why shouldn't my locks reflect it? What about people that were forced to recreate because of problems with their sims? you know...those people that did pay, didn't recreate but for some reason lost their sim? There are many pros for this. Pardon us for listing them.

(BTW...different devs have different responsibilities in the testing and developing of EAland. They aren't ALL working on the lag. Some are working lag, some are working bug fixes, some are working custom content, a couple are working on new content, etc....can you imagine if everyone on dev team were all trying to work on the code to get rid of the lag....ALL AT THE SAME TIME. But somehow...to many hands in the pot comes to mind. lol)

G

<blockquote><hr>

WTHeck?

You sure to pick and choose what you want to act high and mighty over don't you?

Some of us SPECIFICALLY mentioned that we had deleted a sim in order to play in TC3 when it opened. As a matter of fact, I think the devs asked us if we'd would.
<font color="red">They told us not to delete. </font>

SO I guess we are CHEATERS because we were asking for a change in the game that not only benefits us but many other player and future players?
<font color="red">I never called you a cheater. This thing about scammers being helped by this was brought up in earlier posts. I think it will benefit them. </font>

My sims have been hanging out for 5 years, fully paid, and but for missing a couple of items...have all their gifts. I don't exploit, scam, stalk, harrass, murder,pillage or plunder any other sims. But because I've requested locks be attached to entitlement, then I'm not playing by the rules? What a crock of bull?
<font color="red"> You are asking that the rules be changed. After 5 years. </font>

Is it FAIR? To the players that created in TC3 that they are stuck with young sims when old sims were allowed to get moved into tc without having to recreate. <font color="blue">What about me? </font> Is it fair I had to delete a sim to get him out of tc last year and now this year everyone was able to move them?
<font color="red">You knew the rules when you did this. </font>

It's not up to me to tell you or anyone else what or how to play their sims.
<font color="red">No it is not but you are trying to. You are suggesting taking locks away from people that let their accounts lapse and resubscribe before deletion. </font>

It's common practice when suggesting a change in something, making a list of pros and cons usually helps clarify whether it's worth pursuing.

There is one con, and that's the people screaming FOWL and being nasty and offensive to the people in favor of it is because they haven't actually paid their full subscriptions and they WILL lose locks. NO FAIR!!!
<font color="red">Seems to me you are the one being nasty. I have paid continually on one account or another. I played by the rules and feel it is unfair to change the rules now.
</font>

I've paid my time. Why shouldn't my locks reflect it? What about people that were forced to recreate because of problems with their sims? you know...those people that did pay, didn't recreate but for some reason lost their sim? There are many pros for this. Pardon us for listing them.
<font color="red">I am trying to list some cons. And reply with an opinion. </font>

(BTW...different devs have different responsibilities in the testing and developing of EAland. They aren't ALL working on the lag. Some are working lag, some are working bug fixes, some are working custom content, a couple are working on new content, etc....can you imagine if everyone on dev team were all trying to work on the code to get rid of the lag....ALL AT THE SAME TIME. But somehow...to many hands in the pot comes to mind. lol)
<font color="red">Cntrygrl had mentioned in an earlier post that the devs should worry about the lag before this. others agreed. I was stating that the devs did not start this. A few players did </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

If I've done my math right, here is how your system compare to the current.

Current system: A sim that is 1,162 days old has 79 skill locks. A new sim receives 20 locks. This is regardless of paid account time.

The original proposed change: An account that is 1,162 days old has 79 skills locks. This is regardless of Sim age. A new sim receives 79 locks.

Your system: This is a bit more difficult to put into simple terms. A player who restarts their account that already has 600 days of paid time will start with 20 locks. They will immediately start earning a new lock every 11 days. By the time their account age reaches 1,162 they will have all 120 skill locks. So 562 days into their second tour of the game they will never have to worry about skill decay.

For a new player, it would take just under 3 years (1064 days) of countinuous payment for them to reach 120 skill locks.

This formula is probably too complex since it would require the account creation date and account reactivation date to be stored. Then what happens to people who start, stop, start, stop, and start again? Track multiple deactivation and reactivation dates?

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

the scammers will love this, scam a sim, delete/recreate and have as many locks etc as before and start a fresh new sim on to screw er um scam again, grrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

A name could be attached to the acct, also the ban and ignore should be attached to the acct too. This way if a scammer recreates we will still know who he/she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but that would also punish legitimate players who want a fresh start where nobody knows who they used to be. I know a lot of people who recreated for that very reason after they broke up, avoiding stalkers, etc.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It must be very difficult to let go of the 'past'.

What TSO did in the past did not work. TSO is still walking a tight rope between survival and having the plug pulled.

Our subscription rolls need to swell with paid subscriptions. One of the greatest sources of new income is the return of 'old players'. And the one way to entice 'old players' to come back is to give an 'amnesty' or "grace" period on getting locks back on their sims.

Is it fair to those of us who have been paying? Probably not.

Do we need them to come back so we can keep TSO from being closed forever? Yes!

Will some players lose locks because they haven't been paying their subscription each month? Probably. What makes them any different then the people that just left and stopped paying?

Will this help the existing players? Sure. Both players that recreated and people that just want to change the look of their sims so as to not have triplets in ealand.

Will scammer be able to take advantage of it? Absolutely. But then again recreating has never been an issure for them and never will.

I have a LOT of great memories of TSO from the last 5 years. But in reality, policies and rules in TSO have to change to make it a viable game that will remain popular with a lot of players for a long time.

Other online games DO keep your game info for quite a while. When you update your billing and log in. Your stuff is right there where you left it. Other then real estate, The sims online should probably learn to follow the industry standards for keeping inactive account information. Things have to change for TSO to be competitive.

(Did you know that SL still have my log in and avatar I made a LONG time ago, I think about 4 years ago. I checked and it IS still there and that was a FREE account.)

(Another example: I recently reactivated an old toontown account. Had my toons been all gone and I had to start over. I would have just logged out and went on my way to another game. *maxxed squirt a few times...don't want to do it again! I guess that's probably what old TSO players feel like too.)

And you may not have directly call us cheater, but the 'undertone' was there.

So, that's where I stand. I wish people would have paid their accounts. I wish people would have kept their accounts active.

Now I just hope that they all come back and help pull our rear ends out of the fire along with all the new people.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It must be very difficult to let go of the 'past'.
<font color="red"> Huh? </font>

What TSO did in the past did not work. TSO is still walking a tight rope between survival and having the plug pulled.
<font color="red"> Really? Who'd of guessed. </font>

Our subscription rolls need to swell with paid subscriptions. One of the greatest sources of new income is the return of 'old players'. And the one way to entice 'old players' to come back is to give an 'amnesty' or "grace" period on getting locks back on their sims.
<font color="red">Lee said "At first we will lose players. Then we will get new players" </font>

Is it fair to those of us who have been paying? Probably not.

Do we need them to come back so we can keep TSO from being closed forever? Yes!
<font color="red"> I do not agree. If I did. They have amnesty of the gifts to look forward to already. If that did not bring them back, this will not. </font>

Will some players lose locks because they haven't been paying their subscription each month? Probably. What makes them any different then the people that just left and stopped paying?
<font color="red">They were smarter.
</font>

Will this help the existing players? Sure. Both players that recreated and people that just want to change the look of their sims so as to not have triplets in ealand.
<font color="red">The horror! Have patience, we will be able to change our features. </font>

Will scammer be able to take advantage of it? Absolutely. But then again recreating has never been an issure for them and never will.
<font color="red"> I disagree. They moved from city to city to erase webs and get off ban lists. They kept their age and said it was their first time in the city. </font>

I have a LOT of great memories of TSO from the last 5 years. But in reality, policies and rules in TSO have to change to make it a viable game that will remain popular with a lot of players for a long time.
<font color="red">How does this make the game more viable? </font>

Other online games DO keep your game info for quite a while. When you update your billing and log in. Your stuff is right there where you left it. Other then real estate, The sims online should probably learn to follow the industry standards for keeping inactive account information. Things have to change for TSO to be competitive.
<font color="red">In these games you are not allowed to recreate or change your name. And you are not penalized for inactive time at all. Why is punishing the ones that followed the rules your answer? </font>

(Did you know that SL still have my log in and avatar I made a LONG time ago, I think about 4 years ago. I checked and it IS still there and that was a FREE account.)
<font color="red">Good for you? </font>

(Another example: I recently reactivated an old toontown account. Had my toons been all gone and I had to start over. I would have just logged out and went on my way to another game. *maxxed squirt a few times...don't want to do it again! I guess that's probably what old TSO players feel like too.)
<font color="red">They knew what would happen leaving their accounts inactive for so long. </font>

And you may not have directly call us cheater, but the 'undertone' was there.
<font color="red">You are wrong. I was replying to all the posts in one. I thought if I waited til you all had your say before me, I would somehow be attacked less. Go figure. </font>

So, that's where I stand. I wish people would have paid their accounts. I wish people would have kept their accounts active.

Now I just hope that they all come back and help pull our rear ends out of the fire along with all the new people.
<font color="red">It would be nice to see some old players come back. I am looking forward to new players as well. I guess we can agree on that. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

A name could be attached to the acct, also the ban and ignore should be attached to the acct too. This way if a scammer recreates we will still know who he/she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great idea. Especially on the ignore and ban part of that.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Screw it...I say don't change what isn't broke.
I have been watching this post, and have no real opinion on the situation.
To get into arguments over opinions is so last year! lol
Nothing is fair to everyone.
If the dev's want this change they will make it regardless of any of our opinions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

This will benefit scammers and stalkers. If the locks are acct based the age will be. Stalker recreates and they are not 0 days old. You have no idea who they are (Stalker = Scammer) The ex you gave all those gifts too and forgot about, then you meet someone new you give them gifts. Turns out it was the ex. LOL That is a scam. The scammers use the move feature now to erase webs and keep age. In EA-Land this will not be a solution. Unless this goes through. They will still be able to get off of your ban lists and ignore list. I was looking forward to being able to keep those lists in tact on older sims. Now if this goes through, I guess it will be back to the "Trust No One". My old Motto.

[/ QUOTE ]
The whole game is changing - from top to bottom and side to side. The end result will bear only a superficial resemblance to TSO.
The rules MUST change, along with the structure of the game. To suggest that botters/scammers might take advantage of a change may or may not be true, but that would be a possibility in any case.
Are we to disallow any changes to the game based on the possibility of abuse? If that were so, there would be no on-line games, and certainly no TSO.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great idea. Especially on the ignore and ban part of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good idea indeed. However we all pay to play and if scammers choose to spend their time that way they are allowed. I have never been scammed because I believe in the too good to be true saying...Scamming only works on those who let it.
So...how will that effect those that aren't scamming yet don't want the world to know its them anymore?
Are we taking anything away from the honest player?

Thats what I'm concerned with. I'm tired of others ruining good parts of the game for the rest of us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If the dev's want this change they will make it <u>regardless of any of our opinions</u>.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats what I'm concerned with. I'm tired of others ruining good parts of the game for the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. I am against this change and trying to find ways to fix this change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

Why don't you guys say the real reason you are for this? You deleted sims for TC3 and now you want your locks back. We will be able to change our looks in the future. <font color="red">I did not delete a sim to come to TC3. I reopened an old acct to test with. I didnt create a sim in TC3 on my founder acct until they gave us extra slots. I dont want to recreate a sim, but I dont see why my preference not to recreate should effect those players that do wish to.</font>

The people that will be hurt by this change are the people who played by the rules. <font color="red">I played by the rules. I paid my acct every month on time for 5 years. I cant see how a returning player getting the locks back that they had when they left could possibly hurt me, perhaps you could explain.</font>

You are getting the Amnesty of the gifts as it is (under the pretense of getting old players back). <font color="red">And theres some reason why we shouldnt sweeten the pot a little to get returning players back?</font>

This will benefit you and that is really all that matters. The accounts that are lapsed for more than 4 mos knew that they would come back with no sims or 3 mos if homeless. This is the way TSO has always been. If you recreated you knew you would lose your locks and age. Those are facts. <font color="red">Ahh but these are changing times we live in. If the rules are ever to change now is the time to bring it up.</font>

I guess I am the devils advocate you speak of. (Evil for not agreeing) A nay sayer and whatever else I was called before I ever posted. I was at the store when this conversation took place. You all worked on Lee til he left. Then started in on Larry. He said he did not think it would be fair. I don't know if you swayed him or not. <font color="red">It was a discussion, is there some reason why you think we cant talk to multiple devs about an idea? I'm also not entirely sure they understood why we want it. Of course they didnt understand why we think beta time should be included in entitlement either.</font>

For those of you thinking the devs are wasting time on this rather than working on lag issues, you are wrong. This was not a topic brought up by the devs. They have since fixed some of the lag problems and continue to work on them. <font color="red">The lag issues and new ideas that come up in conversation are completely seperate things and should not be confused with each other. From your reasoning everything on the wiki should be scrapped because lag is an issue. Also are we now at a time in our development that the devs are the only ones allowed to introduce topics to discuss?? If so Sarah can close the wiki now.</font>

This will benefit scammers and stalkers. If the locks are acct based the age will be. Stalker recreates and they are not 0 days old. You have no idea who they are (Stalker = Scammer) The ex you gave all those gifts too and forgot about, then you meet someone new you give them gifts. Turns out it was the ex. LOL That is a scam. The scammers use the move feature now to erase webs and keep age. In EA-Land this will not be a solution. Unless this goes through. They will still be able to get off of your ban lists and ignore list. I was looking forward to being able to keep those lists in tact on older sims. Now if this goes through, I guess it will be back to the "Trust No One". My old Motto. <font color="red">I cant see how this idea would change the life of a scammer in any way. This idea is to benefit recreators (theres many reasons why players recreate sims), motivate potentially returning players to come back, and of course sims that didnt move from TC to TC3 would benefit, yourself included.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

True, but that would also punish legitimate players who want a fresh start where nobody knows who they used to be. I know a lot of people who recreated for that very reason after they broke up, avoiding stalkers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, if the acct name was attached to the account you would know who your stalkers were and the scammers. Even if they recreated and were old. Hmmm

G

Put that way, Milton, it does seem to be too extreme and rewards subscription laggards, while disadvantaging long term and new subscribers.

Regarding the original suggestion:

I created a new account for Gillybear in TC3....my merged TC Sim is the only beta Sim left on my roster of Sims, so none of this will change anything for the Sims in TC3. (just so ya'all know where I am coming from) These are the players I can see would benefit from this change.

1.) (Old players from before Sim Move)Tying the locks to account age, rather than Sim age, however, *will* change the locks for the two original account Sims I have waiting for merge, in the production cities. Because those Sims were deleted and recreated every time a new city opened up....or I went visiting.....before Sim Move was developed(anyone remember what year that was?). All the locks lost, through normal limitations of game play, back then, would be restored. That would be nice.

2.) It would also be nice if players I knew from back then could come back to the game without being any worst off in terms of skill locks than when they left...at least there would be something to return for, since everything else is long gone and/or changed....even the world and rules as they last knew them.

3.) It would be nice for players, that have had to give up their subscriptions for a time, due to real life challenges (collage, moving, new job, financial problems,etc.), to know that their skill locks would not be lost if they get to a point where they can return, all else is replaceable...in fact, replacing it *is* the game.

4.) Even the players that burn-out on the game and causal players, that leave to play something else, could do so, knowing that if they changed their minds, or got over the burn-out, that they would always have their accumulated locks to ease their return.

The only disadvantages I have seen presented, are:

1.) Scammers, griefers and such, being able to keep their locks while changing their name and appearance.

I have never heard, myself, that someone's locks, validated their honesty....in fact, no one can see our locks, only our acquired skills. If some one is going to go recreate in order to cause grief or runs scams, do they usually skill above 20 before doing so?

2.) That it is not fair to those who subscribed continuously.

I have subscribed since launch....and this would only benefit me, not take anything away from me. Haven't really seen any unfairness to me in this

3.) That intermittent re-subscribers would lose the locks they gained from this player generated method of saving money....namely keeping their age up, without paying continuously.

It is true, that they would lose some locks...surely not all, just some. But did they really deserve those locks in the first place or were they 'gaming' a system flaw to save money? Should they necessarily be rewarded for using the system in a way, that was not intended, for personal profit....isn't that the very definition of an exploit?

Those are my thoughts on the pros &amp; cons. Feel free to point out any flaws in my logic.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Scammers are not interested in skilling to locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some are. Some have fully skilled sims they move from city to city. Stalkers skill too. That is a good place to talk to the stalkee. Lots of ways to con in this game. As it is. If we keep it the way it is. They would have to delete and go to age 0. Then they would have to say they were new players (to get off of iggy and ban lists). If this amnesty on skill locks is aproved they will be able to delete and not be detected. While maintaining skill locks. A lot of people scam with alt sims. Hardly ever do you get scammed by a main. They scam with an aged skilled sim (older players are trusted more). Then move from one city to another then back. Some stalkers would not mind losing skill locks. They are the deleters. If we could ignore everyone on their account and ban them. That would be awesome.

G

Not really seeing the logic, here, Simone.

A sim recreates to get off of ignore and ban.....so they can continue to stalk....how does skill locks figure into that scenario?
If a new sims shows up on your doorstep with twenty-three skill points, how does this keep you from knowing they are your stalker, any more than if they show up with 3 skills and 50 locks you can't see? Actually, how does skills play into this at all. If someone is stalking to make trouble, then the first sign you will get, is when they start making trouble! Unless you universally ban *all* sims with low days and skills.

A scammer operates on greed or naivety....skills, sim age, founder icon, large house, multiple rares....are all false indications, that a player can *safely* be greedy or naive. Shoring up the illusion, that any of those things represents a trustworthy player, does not seem to be in the best interests of potential victims.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

However, if the acct name was attached to the account you would know who your stalkers were and the scammers. Even if they recreated and were old. Hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...if ea knows who the rule breakers are....then maybe their accounts should be permanently banned?

I can see harrassment being a bannable offense because you can actually prove it's happening....like the folks filling up neighborhoods of people they don't like and the using the bios to leave 'cryptic' or nasty messages. THAT"S harrassment and EA truly does need to do something about players that do this.

I know awhile back Lee said they would be working on better report responses.

So in a way I'm with you on that Simone, people who have been banned should not be allowed to get locks and in fact...I don't think they should be allowed to 'reactivate' their accounts at all. (I'm being a little sarcastic on this paragraph.)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

before Sim Move was developed(anyone remember what year that was?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think I do!!!

I made my favorite sim in Mount Fuji in September 2004 and move was activated in January 2005 it seems. (I know she was about 5 months old.)

Thought it was ironic because I had finally caught onto the idea of just getting more accounts instead of recreating so often to be with friends. lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

I'm not sure HOW allowing skill locks to be added bases on 'days entitled' effects scammers at all.

I don't understand how it would give anyone an advantage for anything. Some people yes, may have 120 locks sooner or later, but don't you think they have earned them?

Scammers/Mafia's are irrelevant on whether skill locks should be based on entitled days.

G

I feel like I am on the witness stand. I should plead the 5th at this point. However I will continue to defend myself.
*TTL*

<font color="red"> I did not delete a sim to come to TC3. I reopened an old acct to test with. I didnt create a sim in TC3 on my founder acct until they gave us extra slots. I dont want to recreate a sim, but I dont see why my preference not to recreate should effect those players that do wish to. </font>
<font color="blue">You did not delete a sim but you created a new sim. Which is age 0 and you want her to be as old as your other founders.
I deleted 5 sims to go to TC3 some over 1k days old, one with full skills, all skilled past their locks. I recently deleted 6 TC3 ( One with full logic and body) sims to go back to TSO to get my tree that I was due on one account. (because gifts are disabled in TC3, I knew the trade I was making. Should I get all my locks back on that sim? When others missed out on their gift for not deleting. I missed out on one of my accounts and did not want to miss another tree. I have to wait for amnesty (which I do not agree with) to get that tree. I got a tree for it and lost a valued TC3 sim.) The account has way older sims than the entitlement date (AV created 8/26/2004, 1211 days old locks 77. If this change goes through I will lose a lot of those locks. The entitlement is a little over 2 yrs. My new sim on that account is 30 days old and owns a tree. I would gain on that one). The account is from Dec 03.
Now on my acct that was paid for, for over 4 yrs has sims ( Entitled for 1537 days) they include sims with 1310 days 82 locks,1179 days 76 locks and a sim that was created 2 days before the new slots in TC3 I waited so long to create in TC3 on that acct because I did not want to delete the sim I ended up deleting the sim was old and skilled past locks, that sim is 108 days old with 25 locks. I have 3 other accts that I will not list but it will hurt one of them.</font>

<font color="red"> I played by the rules. I paid my acct every month on time for 5 years. I cant see how a returning player getting the locks back that they had when they left could possibly hurt me, perhaps you could explain. </font>

<font color="blue">It will not hurt you. You will only benefit. That is why you are for it. It will hurt others though, that played by the rules too. </font>

<font color="red"> And theres some reason why we shouldnt sweeten the pot a little to get returning players back? </font>
<font color="blue">You can see the old amnesty on the gifts posts to see my opinion on that. </font>

<font color="red">Ahh but these are changing times we live in. If the rules are ever to change now is the time to bring it up. </font>
<font color="blue">I agree. However I do not agree with this change. </font>

I guess I am the devils advocate you speak of. (Evil for not agreeing) A nay sayer and whatever else I was called before I ever posted. I was at the store when this conversation took place. Niki: "When this topic came up last night it sparked quite the lively debate. I expect a few more of the "no way is that fair they knew the rules and shouldnt get the locks back" posts unless those people were just playing devils advocate in the pub".

You all worked on Lee til he left. Then started in on Larry. He said he did not think it would be fair. I don't know if you swayed him or not.
<font color="red">It was a discussion, is there some reason why you think we cant talk to multiple devs about an idea? I'm also not entirely sure they understood why we want it. Of course they didnt understand why we think beta time should be included in entitlement either. </font>
<font color="blue">Earlier in this thread: Niki: "The hot topic with the devs today is should we have skills locks based on entitlement days"</font>
<font color="red">The lag issues and new ideas that come up in conversation are completely seperate things and should not be confused with each other. </font>

<font color="blue"> I was replying to earlier posts. CntryGrl: "What does matter to me right now, today, is the fact that they are more concerned with nuking our ways of earning, devaluing and removing all meaning to what simmies and anniversary gifts hold, putting each and every one of our avatars, including information that is no ones business, on a stupid website, and discussing whether to give people locks than fixing the damn lag issues. Last night in TC3 was terrible, the lag freeze ups were almost constant. I really think this needs to be fixed before they bother with anything else."
Gracie: "I have to agree with cntrygrl. The lag issues are more important than how we earn skill locks." </font>
<font color="red"> From your reasoning everything on the wiki should be scrapped because lag is an issue. </font>
<font color="blue">Huh? I never even insinuated such a thing. </font>
<font color="red">Also are we now at a time in our development that the devs are the only ones allowed to introduce topics to discuss?? If so Sarah can close the wiki now. </font>
<font color="blue">I was referring to: Niki: "The hot topic with the devs today is should we have skills locks based on entitlement days." Simone Valentino: "This was not a topic brought up by the devs." I never said the devs are the only ones allowed to introduce a topic. Your post led others to believe they may have brought this topic up. </font>

This will benefit scammers and stalkers. If the locks are acct based the age will be. Stalker recreates and they are not 0 days old. You have no idea who they are (Stalker = Scammer) The ex you gave all those gifts too and forgot about, then you meet someone new you give them gifts. Turns out it was the ex. LOL That is a scam. The scammers use the move feature now to erase webs and keep age. In EA-Land this will not be a solution. Unless this goes through. They will still be able to get off of your ban lists and ignore list. I was looking forward to being able to keep those lists in tact on older sims. Now if this goes through, I guess it will be back to the "Trust No One". My old Motto
<font color="red">I cant see how this idea would change the life of a scammer in any way. This idea is to benefit recreators (theres many reasons why players recreate sims), motivate potentially returning players to come back, and of course sims that didnt move from TC to TC3 would benefit, yourself included. </font>
<font color="blue">I never said I would not benefit from the change. In some ways I would. But in more ways I am harmed. Not only on lapsed accounts. I disagree that this will not benefit scammers. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

The whole game is changing - from top to bottom and side to side. The end result will bear only a superficial resemblance to TSO.
The rules MUST change, along with the structure of the game. To suggest that botters/scammers might take advantage of a change may or may not be true, but that would be a possibility in any case.
Are we to disallow any changes to the game based on the possibility of abuse? If that were so, there would be no on-line games, and certainly no TSO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was against all change. I said I do not agree with this change.

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some are. Some have fully skilled sims they move from city to city. Stalkers skill too. That is a good place to talk to the stalkee. Lots of ways to con in this game. As it is. If we keep it the way it is. They would have to delete and go to age 0. Then they would have to say they were new players (to get off of iggy and ban lists). If this amnesty on skill locks is aproved they will be able to delete and not be detected. While maintaining skill locks. A lot of people scam with alt sims. Hardly ever do you get scammed by a main. They scam with an aged skilled sim (older players are trusted more). Then move from one city to another then back. Some stalkers would not mind losing skill locks. They are the deleters. If we could ignore everyone on their account and ban them. That would be awesome.

<blockquote><hr>

Not really seeing the logic, here, Simone.

A sim recreates to get off of ignore and ban.....so they can continue to stalk....how does skill locks figure into that scenario?
If a new sims shows up on your doorstep with twenty-three skill points, how does this keep you from knowing they are your stalker, any more than if they show up with 3 skills and 50 locks you can't see? Actually, how does skills play into this at all. If someone is stalking to make trouble, then the first sign you will get, is when they start making trouble! Unless you universally ban *all* sims with low days and skills.

A scammer operates on greed or naivety....skills, sim age, founder icon, large house, multiple rares....are all false indications, that a player can *safely* be greedy or naive. Shoring up the illusion, that any of those things represents a trustworthy player, does not seem to be in the best interests of potential victims.

[/ QUOTE ]

People trust established players more than they trust new ones. I am guessing if this were to take place the age would reflect the locks. Making a constant deleter look established. Sims are way too trusting. I have learned a lot of lessons. However there are a lot of unsuspecting new players that will be joining our game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So in a way I'm with you on that Simone, people who have been banned should not be allowed to get locks and in fact...I don't think they should be allowed to 'reactivate' their accounts at all. (I'm being a little sarcastic on this paragraph.)

[/ QUOTE ] I am talking about people that have been banned from other players houses deleting and coming back. It is like the move feature it erases your web and all the places you are banned from. This would be like moving from one city to another and not worrying about losing your age and locks.

G

I think skill lock to entitled day is a great idea. I don't care if it benefits people who didn't really play the game often or recreated frequently. The reason I would like it is purely selfish. Before skill locks were introduced and before sim move was introduced, I deleted and recreated all the time so that I could try different cities. Once skill locks were introduced I pretty much stopped deleting and recreating my main sim... but still deleted and recreated for other cities. It'd be cool to have all the skill locks I'm supposed to have.

I was honestly surprised that there is such debate within this thread over this... I know the amnesty for gifts (which I'm all for) is a touchy topic based on those who previously sold their gifts. But skill locks? I mean aside from "Its not fair cuz"... why not?

Well here is to hoping.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Thinking about this topic i decided...anniversary gifts are based on account age, which is entitlement days... so is there really a difference?

Unless I'm confused and entitlement days for skill locks would be set up different.

I mean...if you cancel your account for couple months, they deduct those days from your account age. My 1 year old sim will get a 3 year gift at that 3 year point because I paid for that account that entire 3 years. So really what is the problem with entitlement? People earned it, its their account, they deserve it.

It's more unfair that I can cancel on and off and keep getting the locks I didn't pay for. (Which I've also experienced)

As for a sim recreating more often because they don't have to worry, they will still have to skill those points again in order to lock them. They pay for the game, they can recreate every 7 days if they want.

Saying scammers will take advantage of it is hardly a reason to be against it. I'm not saying people won't take advantage of it, but scammers will be around regardless and its up to the developers and other players to make sure we are aware that they exist and not to fall for their scams.
Stalkers on the other hand, well being I've experienced that, I'd say it's easier for me to spot a previous stalker based on the fact I'd know their entitlement days.

I just don't see how stalkers and scammers can use this for their advantage in doing wrong within the game. They are stalkers and scammers, but they still pay to play...AT LEAST...they can't use free accounts in EA Land!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="blue">I never said I would not benefit from the change. In some ways I would. But in more ways I am harmed. Not only on lapsed accounts. I disagree that this will not benefit scammers. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine how it could harm you? I'm really confused.

I really wish you'd explain how it will harm you so I'd understand.

(Let's leave scammers out of it for a moment. Scamming is kinda-part of the game. Scammers can not scam people if people didn't let them.)

Qute Pi...entitlement days would also help me identify stalkers too.

G

I have stalkers. Good enough?

<blockquote><hr>

Qute Pi...entitlement days would also help me identify stalkers too.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so, it will remove them from our ban and iggy lists. When they recreate. They will be able to locate our sims unless we lock them. I do not like having to hide from everyone to stop a few. I discussed this with Lee a long time ago. I like TC3 because people there do not want to delete and lose everything. They can't move from one city to another.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just don't see how stalkers and scammers can use this for their advantage in doing wrong within the game. They are stalkers and scammers, but they still pay to play...AT LEAST...they can't use free accounts in EA Land!

[/ QUOTE ]
Free accounts will be allowed in EALand.

I

imported_Qute Pi

We are all so irresistible stalkers can't stay away from us
hehe.

If my stalker was say...526 days of entitlement and then a new sim shows up 2 days later with 528 days of entitlement, it's pretty obvious what the deal is.
Its a lot better than now...where I'm paranoid of 20 newbies lol.
Plus entitlement days and skill locks really have nothing to do with ban and iggy lists.
Maybe you should start a post on that subject...I have a lot to say there lol. I just don't like going off topic.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Free accounts will be allowed in EALand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I thought they are limited to TC3????

G

They are atm.

Gregs list from Dec. 2:

Gregs List
list of stuff before ealand opens:
1. finish reducing prices (objects/crafting)
2. set ea-land to paing players only (to open only)
3. add paying player weekly bonus.
4. remove top 100 bonus payouts, move to objects.
5. add player account bank account.
6. add bank kiosk for getting to the player account.
7. fix exploit.
8. economy alert circuit breaker.
9. open doors.
10. fix the login issue that is sure to come.

G

Wait, I may be confused, I've only scanned the posts on this, but the reason you are against skill locks being given based on entitlement age is b/c scammers and banned people being unbanned?

G

Not the only reason. I am not for it because it will hurt a lot of people. And I knew what I would lose on every move I made.

Just trying to justify everything I said here. In your words "Oy Vey"

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not the only reason. I am not for it because it will hurt a lot of people. And I knew what I would lose on every move I made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely entitled to your thoughts on it. But scammers will find their way around anything to scam. It's up to each person individually to safeguard themselves from scams.
As far as banned people recreating to get off a ban list, I think that may be unlikely, but really if they come back you boot ban and iggy. I'm sure that will be fine.

I understand what people are talking about when they say that those who kept their sims or their accounts active for this benefit are saying... but honestly I think its a new game, and with this new game we should have some beneficial changes to us. All of the changes being implimented are to correct issues in the past that were easily usable for cheaters/abusers/exploiters/scammers etc.

Wouldn't' it be nice just once for something to benefit your everyday sim?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Just trying to justify everything I said here. In your words "Oy Vey"

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Simone I have been in your position lol. Many times, im sure everyone here has argued with me before lol. Its ok.
We all have our points.

I still believe Free accounts will be limited to TC3. I'm not sure what was said, but I'm gonna do my research on this subject.

Anyway, the entire 5 years I've played every choice I made I accepted the consequences of those choices. It does suck that I missed out on doing things because I wasn't willing to lose something and now suddenly I would be getting it back.

HOWEVER...the new game isn't the sims online anymore. We are lucky to keep our old accounts, I am trying to see the positive in that, because being negative nancy around here does no good anyway. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and accept the choices we made, or didn't make.

N

NightFlyer

"... I am not for it because it will hurt a lot of people..."

In what way will this hurt alot of people? I just don't see it.

Looks to me that is would benefit alot more people than hurt them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We are all so irresistible stalkers can't stay away from us hehe.

If my stalker was say...526 days of entitlement and then a new sim shows up 2 days later with 528 days of entitlement, it's pretty obvious what the deal is.
Its a lot better than now...where I'm paranoid of 20 newbies lol.
Plus entitlement days and skill locks really have nothing to do with ban and iggy lists.
Maybe you should start a post on that subject...I have a lot to say there lol. I just don't like going off topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point there. If the age were to change as well as the locks. The people saying they only have one sim would reflect the same age on all of the sims in EA-Land. Which may be 8 EA-Land sims. LOL I wish all our sims were forced to have the same name. This might actually help us keep tabs on stalkers and scammers. I am at the point now that I just want a nap. If the devs decide to do a poll on this I am sure it will go through. What will be will be. I did not come here to do many posts. I came to make one. I felt everything I said was taken out of context and found myself explaining what I meant about everything I said. I think my last reply to Niki explained a lot. I certainly hope so. If not please excuse me for being a monster.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I've had a stalker for years. (Mine does the same thing...recreate/name/move, etc. I used to cringe everytime a newbie would IM me from out of the blue.) They never really stood a chance though will all my alts hanging around somewhere.

They've been watching my back so long, I would rather feel lost without them. So to my stalker....Happy Holidays!!!

G

Someone seriously needs to stop me from posting without caffeine lol. Nothing personal Simone.

Regarding those that might potentially lose locks I just want to reiterate that I have no problem with letting them keep them, amnesty doesnt mean taking away.