• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege requests for Time of Legends Expansion

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So to avoid getting involved in another 100 post catfight like the one brewing now ;) I'm instead going to post here what I would like to see Siege get from the new expansion. Please join in, rules are simple:

What additions to siege (siege ONLY, these are intended to set the shard apart) would you like to see from the new expansion? If you want to argue about shard population, etc, please go to the other thread. This is just your wish list. Mine are:

1. Reintroduce Dreadmares and Bane Dragons to Siege only, OR if collectors would be too upset, introduce functional reprints under different creature types. People love these things, and would really help set siege apart.

2. Edit the cleanup rewards on siege to include items NOT available on production shards. Stuff is harder to get and often more expensive here, our rewards should be better and again set us apart from prodo.

3. Create siege specific drops from champs / peerless / mibs / tmaps in addition to what is available on prodo. Obtaining these is harder on siege, so throw in a small chance for something neat that is again only available here.

All of these would be relatively easy, NOT affect the underlying mechanics of siege (like no insurance, no recall, etc), and set the shard apart in a positive way.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rico, I agree with items that have mods, but disagree on items that are merely decorative unmodded things like aprons or robes. You shouldn't be able to loot my skivvies man!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only things I think should be blessed are items such as spell books (not rune books), newbie clothing (no mods) and veteran rewards. Everything else should be fair game for thieves and looters. Oh, and make containers stealable again. I miss being able to steal bags full of checks (or blessed items)...la

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The only things I think should be blessed are items such as spell books (not rune books), newbie clothing (no mods) and veteran rewards. Everything else should be fair game for thieves and looters. Oh, and make containers stealable again. I miss being able to steal bags full of checks (or blessed items)...la
unblessed rune books would be ridiculous

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But would it give us more players?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought of another thing for siege from new expansion:

Significantly reduce vendor fees from those of prodo. With one character rule (which I love) we are more dependent on each other. Vendors are meant to encourage a player to player economy, lower the fees here in support of that.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I heard about unblessed runebooks. People stopped to carry them around at all. And if you lost a book or stone with a locked pub house mark... Reward and quest items should be blessed obviously.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would like to see lower vendor fee, also for the community vendors.
I would like to see 3 x prices for npc wares gone to make game, regs boats, tax-kit cheaper.
I would like to see 2 x resource drop and 2 x fame gain from monster killing or less fame lose on death to players.
I would like to see gate and scrolls take no magery to use, this way, a warrior do not need magery, you will still need some mana and you do not just poof as people can follow you in the gate.
I would like more chars so more players would play full time on Siege and be able to have a money maker char, so they better can afford dying and losing stuff.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I've thought about this some more, going to try to kill two birds with one stone.

First, the blessed items with mods (and I'm speaking specifically of spells here) are nice. I would hate to deprive current owners of those. However, as Bo has argued, they are a bit unfair. So instead of eliminating them from the few who have access of one, I would propose (SIEGE ONLY) adding them as an additional rare champ spawn drop with the Replica tag and slightly reduced mods.

Second, for dread war horse and Bane Dragons, I propose doing something similar to Vollems. Add a statuette to cleanup rewards list, put it at 800,000 points (vollem is currently highest item at 500,000), and upon use player receives a bonded dread / bane. Unlike originals, these would have random stats that can't be viewed until claimed, so you might get a 4.0, OR you might get a 2.5. This eases the pain for those few who have kept high rated originals all this time.

Finally, as either or both a cleanup reward and spawn drop, reintroduce some of the older items that existed on prod shards but never on siege. Since items can't be transferred from siege to prod or vice versa, this will not affect their value, but create an extra incentive / reward for those who play here. For example, replicas of EM items from Drachenfels or something like that.

The more I think about this the more appealing it is.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like drops to spawns being updated. That would make even vets want to do spawns and give those people who like to pk a reason to get out and play.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you unbless my rune books chances are I won't keep playing, just way to much trouble to keep replacing them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you unbless my rune books chances are I won't keep playing, just way to much trouble to keep replacing them.
What ends up happening is you keep them in the bank and gate from there. Sure you would need to carry runes around with you, but is that really going to make you quit?...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would say, allow one blessed runebook, something like a Siege Runebook bless for one book at the time. Total remove the bless from them all may make us lose to many players

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I would love to see more players at the bank, I know better. No the reason I suggested it was because I saw it as a fun feature on one of the free shards I played.

There are a ton of great ideas the devs could use for us...but they seem a bit jaded any time the free shard discussion is brought up...la

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What ends up happening is you keep them in the bank and gate from there. Sure you would need to carry runes around with you, but is that really going to make you quit?...la
It would make me less likely to keep playing Siege, YES! This might seem like a fun feature for people who steal but for anyone else I would think this would be pretty much a deal breaker.

Yes I could lock them down in my house and return every time I want to go a different place. I understand how I could get around it but I sure would hate to see this feature as you call it happen.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the un-blessed runebook sounds like a fun thing to me. it would be funny "damnit. they got my runebook, now i gots to run home" but as always, Siege would improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this thread should be more about what new features that will be introduced with the new expasion need to be altered to fit the Siege specific demands. With almost every other expansion or introduction of new items Siege ended up getting something that should have never made it here in the first place (just remember the blessed leggins of embers, ancient samurai helmets or the event spellbooks mentioned above).

So what are the things we need to alert the devs of not to implement over here?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see them add the last 10 locations we've gated to, to our context menu, instead of having to use a book.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Max, you raise an interesting point. I just don't have the years of experience here to make that call. I can only throw in New features I think would make siege more unique and appealing. Still, worth thinking about for sure.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making most things unblessed to save the lazy thieves from having to do any work would just thrill the few thieves and tick off all their victims over and over as time goes by. Can you imagine players eventually deciding "screw this!!" and leaving Siege for the prodo shard they likely are already well set up on? Doing that these days is much easier than it was back before Tram was created because of this and PKing folks.

When you come up with a change idea that sounds so great you want to post it, consider how others will think of it. Rico would be one Very Happy Camper, until he couldn't find any more targets because the targets left Siege. Then that Great Fun!! he was having stops.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd lke to see traveling be made faster for people who don't want to spend skill points on Magery to have the ability to cast Gates. How about having Siege rune books be charged with Gate scrolls and let you use the rune book charges to make Gates to travel with?

The ability to transfer 10 individual items from a prodo shard to Siege would be a winner. I'd like to bring in a few King's Collection items (got three sets on Chessy) and some display cases, and such. Ten items each player shouldn't raise to much havoc on Siege's economy.

A Shard Shield type item that would allow us to swap a character with another from a prodo shard once a month. Just the character in hs bvds, no gear, no gold. A Tamers pets stay on either shard when he moves from one shard to another. The character would be able to use soul stones on the other shard. Or perhaps not? Would add a little variety to life on Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You know... I did not like soul stones back in the day. It is true. My posts railing against them have long disappeared in the Matrix that is UO Stratics. I can say the same about teletiles. I hated the idea of them. What ever will be, will be.

Most of ya know I have embraced the things that I am given. A futile battle is a pitiful fight. My silly little hub. Some shards have grand places to go see the highlights of that particular shard. We get what we build. I have played Siege exclusively for well over a decade. I am still a noob.

I endorse this thread with all of my heart. I hope others will too.

In my years on Siege, I have never met a more dedicated team than this one for keeping Siege in mind.

That is all.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a new expansion coming?
might be cool for siege to get unique something that would drawl players.
the dreadmares and banes are great idea.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There does seem to be a majority who favor being able to charge runebooks with gate scrolls. This would be a good change, would not break current siege-ness, would create even more demand for gate scrolls, and would make it easier for new folks to get around. I think this one we should definitely push forward.

Candy seconded the idea of adding siege specific rare drops to champ spawns, how do the rest of you feel about that and what kind of things would you have drop?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deco items like what's available on the Heritage Tokens and Anniversary Tokens.

Orc Ships

Large quantities of cannon supplies (say 50 rounds of powder, balls, grapeshot, or fuses, enough for a pirate ship fight)

Loot like imbuing essences, large gems, and other high end crafting supplies.

Stuff like the Merchant ships carry.

The occasional humorous item. (the sense of humor of the Dev may vary)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
save the lazy thieves from having to do any work
Excuse me, but when was the last time you played a thief on Siege? Lazy? Hell, it's a full time job just finding a visible player to try and steal from, let alone find a player with something stealable in their pack...la

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well Rico, to be fair, there was a thief at last night's event who was very active. When he got killed at the end of the night stealing with the whole group together, he had a full pack of items taken during the event. But I digress, back to the point of the thread, maybe you would say, for siege, from the new expansion, you would like to see more opportunities for the thief skills to be used?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What about a new kind of community deeds? They can be uses in your pack to deed heavy resources like board, logs, ore, leather, hide. They won't be blessed but you add to them 10 times, like 100 leather at the time so you end up with a deed with 1000 hide, that can be unpacked in a bank, community box, a boat or sold to community vendors in New Mag.
It will help gathering players carry more but it will also give the thieves more targets as this new community deeds are not blessed.
Could work on Trammel too, make them cursed, so the lumber risk a monster loot it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Rico, to be fair, there was a thief at last night's event who was very active. When he got killed at the end of the night stealing with the whole group together, he had a full pack of items taken during the event. But I digress, back to the point of the thread, maybe you would say, for siege, from the new expansion, you would like to see more opportunities for the thief skills to be used?
I typically stay away from events (not to say, I've never stolen at an event) for my thieving...maybe it's wrong from a thief stand point, but I'd rather find someone out in the wild or at a bank to steal from rather than at in-game events...la

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a new kind of community deeds? They can be uses in your pack to deed heavy resources like board, logs, ore, leather, hide. They won't be blessed ...
Considering the hours gatherers spend gathering those kind of quantities, having a thief take it in one quick act would not go over well with th0se who put in all the hours and effort. I'd simply stop using commodity deeds, haul 400 stones at a time, and craft less. <shrugs>

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the hours gatherers spend gathering those kind of quantities, having a thief take it in one quick act would not go over well with th0se who put in all the hours and effort.
Sounds like the same type of talk that players used to say about weapons and armor...do you know how long it took me to farm that vanq/silver axe? NO FAIR!!!

As I have tried to explain for years, there are hundreds of ways to prevent a thief from stealing from you...and over the years the developers have made it even easier...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Considering the hours gatherers spend gathering those kind of quantities, having a thief take it in one quick act would not go over well with th0se who put in all the hours and effort. I'd simply stop using commodity deeds, haul 400 stones at a time, and craft less. <shrugs>
You see, that's the point of this deeds, no one force you to use them. If you are to lazy to run home and drop off stuff, you do have the risk of getting it stolen but you go gathering faster, when you don't have to run home.
Some would have some combat skills on their gatherer and kill the thief and take back the deed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My silly little hub. Some shards have grand places to go see the highlights of that particular shard. We get what we build.
I , and I"m sure many others not fortunate enough to be members of an over 300 member guild with travel access by 100s of housing teleporter tile locations, thank you for that little hub by the way. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Have you tried?

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been toying with an idea that I think would help get people to move to Siege that could be done in the next expansion. What if any new char made on Siege was given two purple soulstones, these stones would be bond to that char and would poof if the char was deleted. Give them two when they make their char, that would give them they ability of have a crafting skill. I don't think this would hurt the sale of soulstones because really 2 aren't enough, I have three now and find myself wanting to get at least 3 more maybe 5 at some point. I think this might encourage some people to make chars on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One other think, with the advance and mythic char token working here, it do not make sense, that vendors do not train skills like on other shards. I believe allowing that would help new players here too. It will allow them to get skill enough to make make a few items for their young char, like non exp leather items, non exp weapons, tools, lesser potions, a little healing, hiding, all in all make it easier to start.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been toying with an idea that I think would help get people to move to Siege that could be done in the next expansion. What if any new char made on Siege was given two purple soulstones, these stones would be bond to that char and would poof if the char was deleted. Give them two when they make their char, that would give them they ability of have a crafting skill. I don't think this would hurt the sale of soulstones because really 2 aren't enough, I have three now and find myself wanting to get at least 3 more maybe 5 at some point. I think this might encourage some people to make chars on Siege.
While that might be a positive to new players, what about the veteran players that have had to pay for them (with rl cash, in game cash or vet rewards)? I suppose if everyone got a couple of soulstones it might be good...but then again, with nearly 30...I'd prefer a little cash instead...la

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While that might be a positive to new players, what about the veteran players that have had to pay for them (with rl cash, in game cash or vet rewards)? I suppose if everyone got a couple of soulstones it might be good...but then again, with nearly 30...I'd prefer a little cash instead...la
Sometimes vets are responsible for fighting to make things better even if you don't get something out of it yourself. Just getting more players to come make chars on Siege and play will give you as a vet people to steal from. The idea of adding soulstones wouldn't help me either but I was looking for a way to encourage new and vet players to come give Siege a try.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every little thing will help people come and set up here. I just set up a Bazaar supply vendor to pay good gold for things people can gather to sell since NPCs don't buy here. Basic things someone just starting to build up their skills can go after.