• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege History... Post it here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Black cloth and kindling.

That old feisty strongwilled 'Lord of the DAMNED' is also one of the reasons, I remained here [when I first came here], even if firing me bow upon him, only garnered me, yet just one more... death robe ! lol
:thumbup1:
" DIE INSOLENT BLUE !"

Anyhow he made it fun here, I felt !

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many things I suppose.

The Wakayama vs White Council war comes to mind. I really enjoyed that, even though I am a dreadful PvPer. But then you could just wear GM armour and regs and still make a reasonable contributution as part of a group. I think the whole thing broke down after a couple of weeks due to some boring arguments about "rules of engagement". In truth, we were utterly creamed in the end and our only successes tended to come in the early evening before Waka were at full strength. But it was good fun all the same and showed what could be done in a good old guild war as opposed to faction stuff.

Best fun ever I think was the Magincia event. You had the battle for the arties on one hand, with all the PKing that went with it. But for a deco collector like me it was endless fun trying to lure the light demons down to the good items and then killing them. Greatest memory was the ship's prow in the SE of the city. That had been high on my list of "must-haves". But I arrived in Magincia one day to find that Puffy and friends had just been fighting a demon there and the prow was gone! But it seems they had not waited around for the deco respawns, and as I stood there mourning my lost chance, two of them spawned around me, then a third on the second respawn. Good times indeed.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of your pics are welcome here too...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And the wriiten stories are always welcomed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have vandalized like 80% of the books in this world over the years. If thats not historical I don't know what is.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first attempt to Pvp against a person named Calamity. It was right after AOS came out and that person was decked out in arties that were blessed and crap. Ridiculous.

Trying to leave town without getting one shoted by wyrm and others with bushido deathstrike archers.

Farming dread spiders for money and items... and dying lots.

First castle on Siege (and uo).. Placed at an idoc on my 23rd birthday.

Doing 24 hours of Lady Mels with Tek

Selling weapons (pre imbue) for 25mill plus... easily.

Buying everyone out of spirit of totems, heart of lions, crimsons, totem of voids (before faction arties) had over 100 spirit of totems before. Probably 50 HOTLs, 10-20 crimsons and about 30 totems... probably my max at any given time.

J

jasmin of SP

pvp at the brit cemetary against orcs, jd etc. usually at least 40 to 50 people involved using anything for armor and hoping to farm up a vanquishing weap to use.

After 1 week playing on napa someone asked me if I wanted a house on a shard called siege perilous. I jumped at the opportunity to own a house as there was no spots for any on Napa at that time (can you imagine? it was that busy!)

I started a tamer and ran to the brit cemetary to kill skeletons and tame animals...and got killed by a red player! I thought I was in Trammel and couldn't understand what happened. After a rez killing and a thorough drylooting, I ended up at the busy Brit bank, surrounded by both reds and blues and wondering what the hell was going on.

I was surprised when told that siege was a Fel only shard, and again when I kept trying to sell my loot to the shopkeeps in Britain and was told that they werent interested.

They changed the game just as I was finally able to tame a dragon so I didnt get the chance to walk around toting 5 of them to kill people.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Re : Hoffs

This screen shot of my Miranda attacking Yasou, was the day he brought his war declaration into Wintermoor.

The fighting Knights were not home atm.

As a member of KSS, albeit justa crafter, I felt since he was declaring WAR, the least I could as a member of WC then, and as a KSS member,
was to respond to that WAKA barbarian's declaration of WAR upon us
by firing upon him ! LOL

I knew him from ages ago, on Chesapeake as Kerr from CiB, so it was all in good fun.

Otis gave me his parrot, [which I still have, sporting his name], after he killed me that day ! lol

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in spring of 2004, when I first arrived here from Chesapeake, Sloan and DTA, SHIRE, Winermoor KSS, I^A Iantown and even VMP others, all were part of this huge *tour Siege Perilous* tour.

But a lot of folks showed up for the entire tour, including people from other shards.
Later on we got 35+ members of CiB here on Siege, from chessie to come over here, ie WAKAs.

If ye look at the names of ALL those people, you will find one whom RL died, his name is Folger. I used that screenshot on purpose, just remembering whom had been here, that no longer ever can be, a part of us again.

-------------------
Same for this screen shot, my MYTH ceremony, where Aeric Horn whom no longer can join us rl passed away too, is welcoming me into the MYTH guild's circle of flame.

---------
And this one, an older screenie, Knighting Ceremony in Wintermoor, I am one of the initiates that will become knighted, or I was a KSS, but was gonna be retitled or something..
but do notice, [the black cloth and kindlin'] :) in the snow behind the Temple of Mithras ! :) My health bars are on myself, and my Knight Commander in case I needed to res his lordship Py Lethius that evening, if I were alive to do so. :)

Twas nice of the vampires, to attend many of KSS's ceremonies and events. lol

----------------------
One of my favorite *events* was Story night in the Shire on the road in Wintermoor. All the vampires had come in attendance, but they were not yet killing anyone. Everyone held their breath, cuz well you know ...VMP not yet killin' we all wondered WHEN the shoe would drop.

Story after story all the VMP just sat there......listening to the stories. Then the Lord of the Damned got up......to tell a story !!! Imagine that !
He went on and on with his story...and then he stated something about rainbows and sparkling moonbeams and pretty flowers....which he then said HE HATED ! Suddenly everyone there was seeing hues of grays...

as the VMPs finally began to kill everyone on cue like even, when the Lord of the Damned's story ended with his distain for...rainbows, moonbeams and flowers !

LOL Was hysterical ! One of my favorite evenings on Siege ! :)
----------
So was this evening quite fun. Many wonderous events that were held in Iantown...but alas one evening, we all saw hues of grays, together ! :)

----------
And while there were many events in Iantown, another one that I remember best was some fashion show competition.

And the best dressed men and women of Siege, all were there.

I forget which *hunks* of manhood won the men's competitions, but of course the prettiest best dressed beautiful ladies were all there in attendance, the ones like lovely Delilah and beautiful Skylark and lovely lil lass, named Patty Pickaxe.

But lo and behold, unlike other females here on Siege, I opted to come to the fashion show in my own Mirandaesque' unique sort of outfit.

I did win a nice gp prize from the Iantown judges though, garnering a different type of first prize for being, or wearing the most... unique mismatched weirdo outfit... of the evening, with my wonderous not yet, legendary tailoring skillz !

I attended, dressed as a famous UO cartoon character...named 'IMANEWBIE' !

-----------------------
And an event I with others hosted one year here...Celtic Festival. Planting green thorns, everywhere green thorns could be planted and fighting the spawn that green thorns spawn, wearing nothing but green outfits of nothingness, & shep. crooks like St. Patrick, to fight the spawn :

--------------------

While many here can lay their claim to fame as pvp prowress, pvm prowress, pk prowress, at one fight night in Wintermoor, one of the menfolk in charge that evening after all the fighters had fought, opted to enlist crafters to fight one an other.

Now while my Miranda seemed to have won the first fight or two, the next contender entered the fight pit, to fight my Miranda.

That lady fired her sewing kit at me. I fired my tinker tools at her.
But in the end perhaps I am the ONLY ONE ON SIEGE I figure,
whom can lay claim to fame of shame, by sayin...

I was KILLED BY MISS TEA of IANTOWN ! :lol:
------------------------------------------
Some folks quit killin me entirely here, cuz every death seems a *social occassion* to me: to talk...and talk to ask em how they are doing. And I keep talkin and blabbering to others here...even ifn i am dead... cuz well it is what I DO best. To wit some have said 'killin you is like killin my grandma whom never shuts up...even when UR dead...and they would FLEE from killin' me instead. lol
Thus the silly junky sigs, I once made !

--------------
and my first ever home on Siege Perilous, where I came cuz there was no insurance, with then newly arrived... penniless Miranda, the wanna be carpenter.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW, what a crock of utter ****.

Where's the mention of KGB, UDL, Shadowclan, aaa, and everyone else from the era of Siege that was considered it's golden day. Days where few here remember because few here were actually a part of the "main stage" that was Siege at that time. I suppose it's because none of you mention it, because none of you participated in it.

After all of these people quit because of how broken AoS made Siege... all that was left was a group of trammy pve players who out geared everyone, yet lack real PvP skill. I see the admirations towards REV for rolling runic gear while everyone else rolled in GM trash. Only reason this rag tag of scrubs get mentioned anymore is because of the impact they had on the only people still grasping onto this sinking ship, who after years of playing can't seem to figure out how combat works or how to put together a proper suit.

In the end, REV/OTF got **** stomped by EVO, quit the game, and went to WOW which offered a better version of the game they were trying to play on Siege.

The remaining players left were absorbed by EVO and took on scrub guilds for THE LAST HALF of Siege's existence.

Finally, in the end, those of us who've been here since the beginning... who have competed at the top tier for the last decade and more.. realized that there simply isn't anyone left worth challenging. There isn't anything left to do that hasn't been done. There isn't an adversary worthy of our time... so we too have left for greener pastures.

In the end, the history being told is a narrow-minded perspective of not what really happened on Siege over it's tenure... but rather only what happened to the few remaining people left.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope everyone can feel my utter disgust on how things ultimately wound up. I wish there were more here that could relate to me, maybe then the population wouldn't suck so god damn much.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And that is what you wish to add to this thread Draxous? A troll?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You know we did not choose AoS. Just saying. It choose us.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is what you wish to add to this thread Draxous? A troll?
No. I added the truth. And the truth is apparently so ugly that it resembles a troll.

I'm the one who can't believe NOT ONE OF YOU LEFT mentions anything further back than 5-6 years ago. This shards been around for 11+ years.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know we did not choose AoS. Just saying. It choose us.
We chose not to come together and get the developers to fix it.

We chose not to listen to people who were clearly experts on game mechanics, but rather decided to be all about me, me, me.

I'm something easy you can focus your anger on. When really, your anger, much like mine should be directed at this epic fail of a community.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The thread is relativly new. I have been here for right at eight years. So you are saying Siege was born, lived and died in three short years?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thread is relativly new. I have been here for right at eight years. So you are saying Siege was born, lived and died in three short years?
So you are saying Siege didn't come into existence until 8 years ago? See - isn't trying to put words in someones mouth that you know don't make sense ********?

I've been here since the beginning.

8 years ago was 2003 - AoS. I'm not surprised you have no connection to something you never experienced.

It's like the experiences I had before Trammel was created. Playing in that era, was a completely different game.

You really missed out. Please avoid commenting on things you do not know, much like I do.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want some pictures?

Here's me in Wind in 2001 or 2002 when the daemon I was fighting turned into a mystic llama herder.

Here's a dead sprago 6 years ago

Dead tibs

Here's a dead ghost.

Here's the outcome of Evermoore and I fighting. He sure knew how to run his mouth.

Here's a pic of savages who were trying so hard to make it work, but of course EA crippled their efforts with a dumbass game design.

Here is a dead scrub

same scrub, dead again. Sure likes to talk like she's mastered this game, but never seems to show it.

Here's a faction fight the likes that has never been on Siege. (this is Atlantic in the year 2000)

Here is the pathetic last ditch efforts of factions on Siege. Ultimately, the scrubs we tried to take on just couldn't compete. A sad comparison to what you'd find on great lakes or atlantic. Truly frustrating for those of us who wanted it here.

GOD I wish there was an enemy, and I will not share the rest of my treasure trove of Siege history with any of you until something of an adversary emerges. I fear though, that moby **** has already sunk this ship... and there is no more a point to any of it.

If **** has not been addressed by EA by the end of this summer - I will be closing this Ultima Online chapter of my life. As someone who's been here since beta, I look at the way the devs have interacted with and treated us over the years as utterly disgusting. People like me are what made this game possible.

And this is the thanks I get.

True story.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well... Instead of being trollish, you could add your bits of history. As a founding member of this community...

B

Bruin

The following history, is taken from a book written by former Citizen, Arthur, contained in the Wispwood Library.

The Shire of Wispwood was founded by the Company of the Golden Gorger, the Adventurers of Evergreen, and the Shadow Rangers in the month of August in the year 2000.

At the Birth of this world, the Company of the Golden Gorger (CGG) settled in the clearing presently known as Auraglade. What began as a single wooden home, grew over the years into a fully bustling village complete with a tower and tavern.

The Adventurers of Evergreen laid claim to the Two clearings below the Auraglade (Northern and Southern Evergreen).

These two groups prospered for a long period of time until the dark times descended upon them. The world’s population was at an all time low. The forces of good had been all but overrun. The two communities could no longer survive by themselves, and decided to form an alliance.

With this new strength the two groups continued to prosper. Months later, the two groups considered merging together entirely. There were some who despised the idea, and did not want to let go of their former guilds, but a vote was taken and most wished to form what is known as the Shire of Wispwood. A charter was written and a council was elected, with subsequent elections to be held periodically.

At this time, a new group descended onto the land, know as the Shadow Rangers. They settled just north of the Auraglade and met their new neighbors. Soon the too would come to join the Shire.

Times were good, and the Shire prospered. But, again, this period of joy would not last. The Citizens grew tiresome of the safety the Shire offered. Many members broke off to join the Council of Mages to aid them in their struggle against the warring factions of the land. However, this would not last long and eventually the defenders were tempted to evil, and became ruthless murderers. Other members began to explore similar dark paths, and upon receiving little support they broke completely aware from the Shire. Southern Evergreen was lost forever, captured by these brigands. Some disappeared never to be seen again, while others yet roam the forests preying upon good. Still others were tired of this bickering between the good and the evil, and moved westward to Skara Brae to adventure as they saw fit. The shire was weakening.

But, much like before, the noble citizens of the land would not allow I to die. Those loyal inhabitants refused to allow their homes to be lost. They, more determined than ever, brought life back into the Shire. New members migrated, and old members returned to their true home, The Shire of Wispwood.

Once again the Shire prospered. Their ranks swelled with new recruits. Murderers were fought off successfully by its brave defenders. It is in this great age that this work is written. The brave citizens of the Shire of Wispwood look to the future with bright eyes, and will continue to defend the land they call home for years to come.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not my first castle, but it's the only one i've never traded between my accounts. I'll post my first when i get home.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have the reward given for raiding the UDL Keep and rescuing MJ from the orks. Fighting in wrong dueling arena. being pissed they deleted Abiss to make siege only to have my first spree deleted in the wipe. the whole shard came to protect the ork's tree. paying taxes, getting our shoes stolen, fighting to guard iantown and dieing numeruous times Guilds used to wait in line to kill us. being killed for killing sheep.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had not been here long - just long enough to own my first horse, but not long enough to own even a shred of leather armor, and had spent some time in the company of NEW learning about mining in this strange new land.
On my way back to Britain to make use of the public forge, I was stopped by a brigand named Mithril, who was extremely rude. Somehow (and there have been many theories over the years) I killed this red-hued criminal, armed only with a smith's hammer, and no combat skills whatsoever. (The most popular theory being that he was fond of the taste of deadly poison, and this was his chosen method of welcoming newcomers to Siege) He fell, dropping a check just before he took his last breath.

I was able to build my first house, on a sandy beach, with that money. There, I met some good folks who had come together in a place called Iantown, in particular, their mayor, who was much loved by the sheep of that area. I wish I had some pictures of those early days to share with ye - but my memories will have to do.

Some time later, I came to know the good folks of KIN - and through them, the legendary warriors of KSS, whose guildstone I guard to this day.

There are many more memories hidden in there, but I fear demands on my time call me away today. I hope I get the time to share some more in the coming week or so.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW, what a crock of utter ****.

Where's the mention of KGB, UDL, Shadowclan, aaa, and everyone else from the era of Siege that was considered it's golden day. Days where few here remember because few here were actually a part of the "main stage" that was Siege at that time. I suppose it's because none of you mention it, because none of you participated in it.

After all of these people quit because of how broken AoS made Siege... all that was left was a group of trammy pve players who out geared everyone, yet lack real PvP skill. I see the admirations towards REV for rolling runic gear while everyone else rolled in GM trash. Only reason this rag tag of scrubs get mentioned anymore is because of the impact they had on the only people still grasping onto this sinking ship, who after years of playing can't seem to figure out how combat works or how to put together a proper suit.

In the end, REV/OTF got **** stomped by EVO, quit the game, and went to WOW which offered a better version of the game they were trying to play on Siege.

The remaining players left were absorbed by EVO and took on scrub guilds for THE LAST HALF of Siege's existence.

Finally, in the end, those of us who've been here since the beginning... who have competed at the top tier for the last decade and more.. realized that there simply isn't anyone left worth challenging. There isn't anything left to do that hasn't been done. There isn't an adversary worthy of our time... so we too have left for greener pastures.

In the end, the history being told is a narrow-minded perspective of not what really happened on Siege over it's tenure... but rather only what happened to the few remaining people left.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL, stealing two Yew vendor house plots in one day then selling them both for 20+ million gold...la

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following history, is taken from a book written by former Citizen, Arthur, contained in the Wispwood Library.

The Shire of Wispwood was founded by the Company of the Golden Gorger, the Adventurers of Evergreen, and the Shadow Rangers in the month of August in the year 2000.

At the Birth of this world, the Company of the Golden Gorger (CGG) settled in the clearing presently known as Auraglade. What began as a single wooden home, grew over the years into a fully bustling village complete with a tower and tavern.

The Adventurers of Evergreen laid claim to the Two clearings below the Auraglade (Northern and Southern Evergreen).

These two groups prospered for a long period of time until the dark times descended upon them. The world’s population was at an all time low. The forces of good had been all but overrun. The two communities could no longer survive by themselves, and decided to form an alliance.

With this new strength the two groups continued to prosper. Months later, the two groups considered merging together entirely. There were some who despised the idea, and did not want to let go of their former guilds, but a vote was taken and most wished to form what is known as the Shire of Wispwood. A charter was written and a council was elected, with subsequent elections to be held periodically.

At this time, a new group descended onto the land, know as the Shadow Rangers. They settled just north of the Auraglade and met their new neighbors. Soon the too would come to join the Shire.

Times were good, and the Shire prospered. But, again, this period of joy would not last. The Citizens grew tiresome of the safety the Shire offered. Many members broke off to join the Council of Mages to aid them in their struggle against the warring factions of the land. However, this would not last long and eventually the defenders were tempted to evil, and became ruthless murderers. Other members began to explore similar dark paths, and upon receiving little support they broke completely aware from the Shire. Southern Evergreen was lost forever, captured by these brigands. Some disappeared never to be seen again, while others yet roam the forests preying upon good. Still others were tired of this bickering between the good and the evil, and moved westward to Skara Brae to adventure as they saw fit. The shire was weakening.

But, much like before, the noble citizens of the land would not allow I to die. Those loyal inhabitants refused to allow their homes to be lost. They, more determined than ever, brought life back into the Shire. New members migrated, and old members returned to their true home, The Shire of Wispwood.

Once again the Shire prospered. Their ranks swelled with new recruits. Murderers were fought off successfully by its brave defenders. It is in this great age that this work is written. The brave citizens of the Shire of Wispwood look to the future with bright eyes, and will continue to defend the land they call home for years to come.
Arthur did a good Job of that...I was the nasty ******* that pulled half the guild into factions for all of a week then just decided go the pk route. I was around when we placed the very first tavern back in 99/early 2000.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh well i'm bored..I'll run down my history from 99 -2010

1999-
1)came to siege day one after the first siege was wiped.

2)Joined CGG guild led by grot, helped place both the first wispwood tower and tavern during the days when making cash was hard and the shard was full of top notch pvp guilds.

3) encountered my first orc role player; I promptly plunked an arrow in him and exp/e-bolted his ass...not very smart as we soon started getting raided and I discovered a crack-like pvp addiction; too bad osi had to go screw up a good thing...

4) Tagged along as a random blue in the CF vs GC vs UDL/orc wars.

2000-

1) co-founded CWS

2) made an orc on a second account so i could join in on the big UDL/orc war that ensused after UDL broke the orc/udl alliance; managed to gm one guild in the day while pvping with the orcs 6 hours a night ..did I mention that crack-like pvp addiction?

3) Placed a house in the UND lich fields that sparked a month and half long grief fest/war between CWS and the orcs ( I actually had to delete my orc because it was becominga conflict of interests). The war finnaly ended because the non com types in the guild were sick of the constant pvp, This caused much pancakes and bitterness on both sices but i did sell the house to UND for a nice profit so I marked it down as a win. The good old days when we actually had meaningful fights...

4) Formed a CWS faction guild with other like minded pvp addicts:). We promptly got our asses handed to us which prompted us just leave factions, go red and we became known as F@T(farmers and tailors)..nifty guild titles ensued and all pretense of role playing pretty much went out the window. We continued to get our asses handed to us but what the hell we pvped all night.

5) Was the first pre-made character to join UND. Almost broke the UND/ORC alliance on siege up when I order my sqaud to slaughter everyone in the orc fort after they killed one of my guys' horses.

1) UDL returns to siege about the same time that I am having trouble with the orcs. The orcs wanted myself and bloodbane gone from UND and we were constant topics on thier leader's private forums. A good friend who was a council member had given me his info so I knew what was coming. It was high comedy to say the least when I cut and pasted some of thier private forum quotes onto thier public boards during a board pvp pissing match:). Bloodbane and I leave UND to Join UDL.

2) UDL once again all but leaves the shard and I started pvping with ATF/KGB.
My friend Grendal(we were in UND together) convinced me to leave UDL. I left for a week but felt bad about "deserting a sinking ship" so I returned. My return was met with mixed results which led to a rather nasty irc argument that resulted in my leaving again.

3) I looted mark of UDL's as a going away present; although i had put half the crap i looted in thier anyhow during my probationary "hazing" period. Rejoined KGB and pretty much had the whole shard gunning for me except my guild. This made for some very, very nice fights. I eventually made it right with Mark and learned my lesson..unlike some idiot fench canadiens that will go unnamed. Learnign a lesson means you do not repeat the same act again..just a public service annoucement for the cerebally impaired:).

2003-

1) Rejoined UDL when markus C. became guild master. Anyone who does not know him..he was hands down one of the best field pvp mages I have ever seen; the two of us used to take on 4 -5 times our number, usually kill well over half before we either had to bail, was full of loot, or one of us died.

2) Markus C. folded UDL and we co-founded SUF (Shut up n Fight).

3) SUF allied with half of J-D, and LoD (lothar, shaowseer, gara). We were hands down the pre-dominate pvp group on the shard until Akasha from UDL retunred with his LA guild A\B. We had some nice fights up until I quit in 2004.

2008- 2010- retuned to UO and have had the opprutinity to play both with and against the main three pvp powers that had remained during that time JSV, TNT, and KoC(SP!, BFF, etc). Anyway If you read all the way through this i hope it did not bore you too much. I've seen alot of siege history and participated in quite a bit of it. I do miss the good ole pre-aos days when there were tons of guilds roaming lands and we did not have to search 500 different facets to find someone. NEw content does not make an online game go imo, it's people and the old uo was friendly to so many different play styles...it was really a perfect storm back in sieges first two or three years.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread reads a lot like a eulogy.

Kelmo, I mean no disrespect but this is why Siege is dead.

I came to Siege 4 years ago and had around 15 months of ok PVP, buy met great people. So I stayed and made Siege my home.

The one thing that has always amazed me is the core players on Siege hold onto the past like grim death. This is the 500th post about the good old days.

Guess what; UO is still out there…go find it.

From pre AOS all the way to duped filled items on Atl. If you just tried to actually play again you might find the game you love is still alive.

My question is if you moved IRL, and left behind your best friends from childhood, of course you would keep in touch. Would you go find new friends or sit in your house and lament about the old days…is that living?

If the old guard of Siege stepped forward with the times Siege would be alive and well.

That includes all the “legends” who quit when AOS came out.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I assure you my intent is not a eulogy. More of a celebration of the past and to spur some interesting discussion. Perhaps to generate some interest.

W

wavace

I hope everyone can feel my utter disgust on how things ultimately wound up. I wish there were more here that could relate to me, maybe then the population wouldn't suck so god damn much.
RoK, WC, KGB/KSS, murder inc, ICP, GoL, .... damien stryker in KoS, annihalus... Nimrod Twins, Bearded Lady, The Pluggers, Battlegod...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RoK, WC, KGB/KSS, murder inc, ICP, GoL, .... damien stryker in KoS, annihalus... Nimrod Twins, Bearded Lady, The Pluggers, Battlegod...
BiH, BLD, Xie, CE, GC, UDL, AaA, TVA, SHR, DT, TAK... so many guilds back then.
Now there we go!

I knew there had to be ppl who remembered.

M

MerchantAtHome

Anything.
Since you invited anything...

How about the time that we had a Siege player and stratics moderator who was strong armed by the Community Rep and his accomplice. This exposed Stratics as nothing more than a PR agency for a guy who proceeded to threaten to close the shard.

Oh, by the way, that moderator happened to be the GM of the largest guild on the shard which then began to disappear, as she did. It wasn't the end. There are no beginnings or endings to Siege, but it was an ending.

Oh the memories!

Edit: I misspelled accomplice.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
M

MerchantAtHome

You've been around long enough to remember that surely.

Binky, Wilki, Subishi, ring any bells?

I probably have the PM's somewhere if you'd like those posted again.

:)

Edit: Sorry to rain on your parade Kelmo. I miss Siege too. I have good memories but I'm inclined to blame Siege's decline on EA and that comes out at times.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yeah. OK I do remember that incident. That was some time ago. I just remember it differently perhaps.

M

MerchantAtHome

Yeah. OK I do remember that incident. That was some time ago. I just remember it differently perhaps.
I'd love to hear your version some time. Perhaps in our next iteration.

P.S. You are the best Stratics moderator Siege has ever had. I'd have to go back to the official boards and Greywolfe to find anyone who was even close. Keep up the fight Kelmo. Siege is a great shard as long as you are able to enjoy it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Thanks.

How ever that incident is remembered... It was historical. A bit dramatic, fueled by he said, she said sort of things. Crazy times back in the day.

P

Pyrite_DTA

You've been around long enough to remember that surely.

Binky, Wilki, Subishi, ring any bells?

I probably have the PM's somewhere if you'd like those posted again.

Edit: Sorry to rain on your parade Kelmo. I miss Siege too. I have good memories but I'm inclined to blame Siege's decline on EA and that comes out at times.
We sure lack drama now. But I don't want to revisit the old times like the Subishi/Binky debate. Those events tore Siege apart in ways most people have no clue about. We learned a lot from it though- about trust and truth and traitors and friends- not just from the Siege player community, but from the developers and the Stratics staff as well.

Those who were there could probably put together some interesting tales about that time, but I see no point, since it would probably be more hurtful than helpful.

It did lead to the "Siege Bless" in the long run.

And we did learn how NOT to make opinion polls. I really wish I had a copy of Binky's original Siege poll- I remember it as being so bad it would be funny now.

B

Black magick

Hmm... Parts of history...
Lets see, first we have the ending of the NEW. vs NEW war. I was the "Ice" that people were claiming teamed up with vmp and killed.. someone. (The lame part about this, I was on vacation that week and missed it...) Not too long after this freja closed down NEW.

Joined TNT and had a lot of fun, even though I was probably more of a pain in the neck than a help. During my time with them the final WAKA mage tournament was held which later inspired me to actually learn how to play a mage effectively, which in an odd spin off is how Black came to be.

Sometime after taking my leave of TNT the c8v alliance was formed. It was more of a pvm thing and didn't take a pvp turn for a while. I took my tamer out of the alliance and placed him in factions one day. (learning from REV's earlier abuse of MI and profiting nicely from doing the same) A couple days after I did Verum made a faction guild that was going to be for those of us who were from the alliance and were decent pvmers and offered to make me second in command. Since I was already SL and was too lazy to make the switch, I declined. That guild was JSV.

Most of the rest is just a blur of time with some of my favorite guilds: HEMP, J2F, and COT. Various events: find Yasuo, Iantown raids, fighting in the last ladies night, etc. Fun stuff, too bad it doesn't happen much anymore.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't see anyone yet mention TAX ! :(
Well anyhow, I enjoyed having Dagashi and the other Taxmen on Siege, while they were still a part of us here.

TetTrix

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been a long time since iv browsed these forums, I have a ton of pictures from my time on siege, i will post them as soon as i can remember my photobucket pw. The time i played here was a complete blast and i often miss it! Hope everyones doing well.. posting pics soon!

Lilly / Tetsujin (OTF) - (KOC)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fairly early on in my days on Siege, I was shearing (and then slaying) sheep and killing cows for leather, when an extremely strange group arrived, and proceeded to read me the riot act. I was apparently being extremely cruel to the sheep, and those poor cows, I was told, had never done anything to hurt anyone... at least, according the [FoB] - Friends of Beasts. I was let off with a caution. *grins*

TetTrix

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres some pics of my stay on siege, some items,some idocs,some pvp, a little bit o everything! enjoy

Rubble! from magincia!

items from the invasion of magincia

was a good book!

soloing lady M's using 3 accounts :)

A idoc with a bit of loot from the looks of it, dont really remeber itt lol

FACE PLANT!!!

uber black staff 10000000% hit lightningg!

i think this was a bugged gypsys headress or whatever theyre called

pvp events player held.

little harrower action

face plant!

sure used to love ghost cams for spawns.. this ones from SMG pic says

always thought this was cool pic

peerless!

waka vs otf

typical luna fights

got a free staff of the magi from this guy lol

heres the staff from pic above, notice i have checks in bag still

another peerless

faceplant!

some doom!!!

sure dont miss this...

hahah

waiting to go raid a spawn

more doom with OTF

chimera!

good ol big D

some newb, bc i dont even remeber who this guy was!

killed both of these guys 2v1 :)

wkd/waka vs otf too bad they wer in a house tho!

killed him in his own house was funny

begining of OTF

faceplantt

this guy always had good loot, i liked him

luna pvp

me and brother puffy vs vmp

me and brother puffy getting ****d by wkd lol

faceplant

damn they rolled on me here

what a glorious moment this was ;)

I was the king of spawns on siege on my time playing here. without a doubt!

faceplantt

more dirtnaps

peekayddd

few dyes n such, what wer those blue books used for tho?? i forget

my vendor at feyres yew gate house.. what a gold mine that was! made thousands irl off it!

one of the uber maces i got from peerless

Well heres a bunch of my pictures, hope you enjoyed them, i have even more if you want to see check my album on photobucket, name is joeygolden123. Was kinda dissapointed i couldnt find any pictures of the item blessed inquis gloves i had, by convincing a sims online GM to bless em. that was priceless!!! haha if anyone has pic of them please do post it! thanks and enjoy.. catch ya on the flip side guys. hope everyone is doing well.

ps, sorry if i posted to many pics..

Chow!!!!

Infamous Lilly/ Tetsujin!

Sandwich

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I nostalgia'd so hard seeing those pics. Brings back a lot of memories that I had almost forgotten.

Those were part of the best time I have or will likely ever have playing a game and it's a shame that I will probably never come close to getting that back.

A true golden age of ass-hattery that was :)

Thanks for posting those.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya that was a good post Tet.

My house has always been public. Your one of 3 people to have ever killed me in it. Even if I wasn't paying attention cause I was on my other character... =[