• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege History... Post it here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That was an awesome trip though so many memories. I even remember that IDOC... Just saying.

Like I said. Not a eulagy... A celebration of a great place to play.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the more messy packs on Siege...la

You actually touched items in mogluk's pack? Wow...that is dedication!

Ibichi and I never could fumigate the violet courage bustier he brought as a hopeful courtin' gift to her years back enough to make it usable by humans. I think it was still locked down in Castor's house when I transfered the place to poor Miranda a couple of months ago. She is probably still looking for the source of that odor.

Also, don't think I've ever forgotten that you owe me 40 powder of trans. :twak:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs*

I was wonderin:confused: where that peculiar foul Mo'glukish odor:rant2:, was comin from !

C

Castor2

You've been around long enough to remember that surely.

Binky, Wilki, Subishi, ring any bells?

I probably have the PM's somewhere if you'd like those posted again.

:)

Edit: Sorry to rain on your parade Kelmo. I miss Siege too. I have good memories but I'm inclined to blame Siege's decline on EA and that comes out at times.
That really was a waterloo moment on siege. People remember the incident different ways, but those pms from Wilki and Binky sure shed a whole lot of light of the contempt that EA held for siege and how the community reps used this site for their own personal gains.

I wonder what wilki and binky are up to now.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found some pics to add.

LADIES NIGHT!

MY MURDER COUNT!

KELMO'S TAVERN IN IANTOWN

PET PARADE

I probably have a lot more pics on my old computer (these were on my photobucket), but it is no longer set up. I don't even know where the tower is. :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Nice Pics Patty. Thank you.

W

Wolf01

Hey Draxous I totally understand your points being someone that was here for the wipe of Siege till its downfall (many years ago) it was a shame. I wont disparage the folks that came after but they truely missed out in great times in Siege history.

I will post some pics that I will plagerise from a good site (might even post the link:p) but first a few "do you remember)

the great roving bands of PKs were not all running around in arties and runic gear heck most guilds only had a few mages that typically hung back to gate folks around in the early days. archers were the OP class and there was actually a community feeling.

Sure we loved to hate UDL for being better organised and equiped but man if you beat off one of their attacks you had actually done something.. oh and how about there was no "I BAN THEE" crap if you opened your house door and let them in you pretty much lost the house it required planning skill and a small grasp of tactics to succeed in early days...

how about the GC horde that invaded Siege it caused a major realigning of the major players... several PK guilds including mine switched over to help the "antis" fight the overwelming numbers. BiH comes to mind as one of the leading anti guilds while UDL, GC ond OGD were premier Pks at the time...

Three Way Fighting

awesome pictures from the day and yes I choose that group since I was in it ;)

I quit UO around the time of DaoC I had joined BiH as VJ had pretty much died. I heard it came back as a travesty and it makes me sad that a guild that did so much and was a major player back in the early 3 years of Siege fell so far from talking to some other old VJers (we came together for MO) My name as well as my guild was resurrected and joined forces with some real rejects from what I can gather this makes me sad so when you see the name VJ in my post here are some points of the REAL VJ.

we came over from GL back in 1999, our guild had 2 allied guilds that moved with us CE (criminal element) and ToM(Temple of Mondain) Tom were PvP/RPers CE was a split off VJ that did not want to partake in guildwars etc on GL so seperated.

we faught UDL and pretty much everyone else for a long time holding our own and building up several Towers in the east of Wrong. when the town of Conventry was under such heavy PK attacks the RPers that were running it got overwelmed and decided to quit. VJ talked with them and we became "mercenaries" when the PKs would roll through every 10 minutes we would come fight on the side of the town for the sole reason that we knew they had it rough as the only non pk town they got hit so much...

we later then joined with the heavily outnumbered Anti guilds BiH espeically rather then joining the GC horde just for the fact we enjoyed the fight not the gank..

so there are some facts about the real VJ and our days in Siege I miss farming liches in deciet having one guy hiding outside to tell us as the UDL gank was rolling in.. a few of us would try and hold them off while the others would hide loot under walls etc... always fun to try and lead them away and see if we could retrieve our loot later :)

here is a master link to some of the greater shots from early siege history they are from the old Blood clan but they have tons of pics as well as the stroies that go with them...

Picture Page

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything.
Been meaning to do this for a while... had to dig up the pics and post them.

Group Pic of J-D from 2002.

Pictured are (in no particular order): Casimir, Fumanchu, Kahlan, Nico, Pharcyde, Tapio, Yamato & Damien Striker (Me at the time)

I had picked up the DS account from the original right before the murder reprieve and it was my first foray into being a PK. I was just coming back from a 9 month break playing DAoC and all my original guild members had converted to the 'dark side.' They convinced me to do so.

Once AoS came out, Damien was one of the first chars to eat a 120 fencing on Siege. It was ******** as there weren't a lot of 120's out there right away and it seemed like I never missed. Lasted about a month until most of the other guilds caught up. The day I hit 120 had a fight with Shy Delariessa (sp?) and she couldn't get a spell off because I kept disrupting her, short of mini-heals. Took about 20 minutes of running her down, but she eventually ran out of reags and that was that, was kind of a funny fight we were both laughing a bit at the end.

The following pics are a raid on a KGB/KGF Castle about a month later than the previous pic [Oct 2002]. One of our Thieves stealthed in and marked a rune inside the castle and he had two teams, one outside, one inside waiting for them. A really fun fight ensued.

I've played a ton of chars on Siege, Citheren TruEdge was my first Siege char a Blacksmith/Fencer, making GM Smithing was pretty cool and a big deal, and I spent a lot of time in Delucia with DTA running around, Pyrite was nice enough to give me some pointers way back then too. After GMing smithing, I had a small mining house where Anissa Darkstar's house is now at the brit pass, 1/2 of it was in the guard zone so it was fun to lure thieves in and Guard Wack them. Damien Striker, Kijn Darkglimmer (I loved playing thief in the more populated days), Hera, Faith Soulforge, Siren just to name a few, I've played so many over the years. At one point I had 8 accounts, but those have tempered down to 1 now and that is inactive. I consider re-upping on occassion, but real life has down more to limit my play these days.

I always loved getting portraits down of my characters. Here's one of my axer who loved bone armor and my wife [who played briefly] Ithen Windstrike and Rolery.

Here's a one of J-D when we tried to keep it alive after it imploded on itself. Myself as Hera, Kahlan and Tanner.

That's just a sampling, figured I'd show some old school pics. I miss those Days, I think Tibs mentioned Xie, I remember fighting alongside them against J-D in my anti-days. Never thought I would enjoy being a PK, I was a bit of a purist/prude initially. Unfortunately most of the respect that was shown to opponents has all but dried up, I guess that's something I can 'thank' you for Drax, since you're so upset you haven't received any.

Peace & Lurkage,
-H

E

Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd and Otf/Koc/EVO is gone from Siege....

Siege History is now over:sad2:

THE END.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!! Alot of fun times and names that I have not seen in years.

I wish I could find some pics of "The Event". Watching the various guilds running around everywhere to find the final location and then give away a true rare when they were just that, rare.

I was impressed to see everyone gather afterwards in the Skara theatre. Was just a proud moment to be part of "Siege Perilous".

As for who best who guild wise, or who best who PVP wise, it wasn't who was the best, but where it was best to be. Those were the days... "Siege Perilous".

There is a part of me that would love to go back to those days of Siege. But then that is what make those memories so great. To be part of "Siege Perilous".

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be my tower, just below you.

You will notice my small wooden house sitting right there at the bottom left of this pic.

Sadly, I'm not in this pic. I cannot tell if I was at this particular fight, since there were so many there at that time. Who knows, but good stuff.

That's just a sampling, figured I'd show some old school pics. I miss those Days, I think Tibs mentioned Xie, I remember fighting alongside them against J-D in my anti-days. Never thought I would enjoy being a PK, I was a bit of a purist/prude initially. Unfortunately most of the respect that was shown to opponents has all but dried up, I guess that's something I can 'thank' you for Drax, since you're so upset you haven't received any.

Peace & Lurkage,
-H
Thank me for what? Long gone are the days when opponents showed or even earned respect on the battlefield.

I never once sacrificed my in game integrity. If someone was a pansy-assed opportunistic pancake who talked **** when they couldn't back it up, or to those they shouldn't... they got put in their place. There was a time where players just didn't do that, unless they earned the right to talk ****.

People respected and understood "the order" of things. There was honor, integrity, and reputation that mattered.

I see so many here who think their clever words of respite mean something, then they produce absolutely nothing in comparison where it actually matters... a.k.a. in game.

After spending more than a decade at the top of the food chain, and watching the competition leave piece by piece. Yeah, I miss those days. I look back and wonder if what happened was EAs doing... or our own.

Anyways...

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been meaning to do this for a while... had to dig up the pics and post them.

Group Pic of J-D from 2002.

Pictured are (in no particular order): Casimir, Fumanchu, Kahlan, Nico, Pharcyde, Tapio, Yamato & Damien Striker (Me at the time)

I had picked up the DS account from the original right before the murder reprieve and it was my first foray into being a PK. I was just coming back from a 9 month break playing DAoC and all my original guild members had converted to the 'dark side.' They convinced me to do so.

Once AoS came out, Damien was one of the first chars to eat a 120 fencing on Siege. It was ******** as there weren't a lot of 120's out there right away and it seemed like I never missed. Lasted about a month until most of the other guilds caught up. The day I hit 120 had a fight with Shy Delariessa (sp?) and she couldn't get a spell off because I kept disrupting her, short of mini-heals. Took about 20 minutes of running her down, but she eventually ran out of reags and that was that, was kind of a funny fight we were both laughing a bit at the end.

The following pics are a raid on a KGB/KGF Castle about a month later than the previous pic [Oct 2002]. One of our Thieves stealthed in and marked a rune inside the castle and he had two teams, one outside, one inside waiting for them. A really fun fight ensued.

I've played a ton of chars on Siege, Citheren TruEdge was my first Siege char a Blacksmith/Fencer, making GM Smithing was pretty cool and a big deal, and I spent a lot of time in Delucia with DTA running around, Pyrite was nice enough to give me some pointers way back then too. After GMing smithing, I had a small mining house where Anissa Darkstar's house is now at the brit pass, 1/2 of it was in the guard zone so it was fun to lure thieves in and Guard Wack them. Damien Striker, Kijn Darkglimmer (I loved playing thief in the more populated days), Hera, Faith Soulforge, Siren just to name a few, I've played so many over the years. At one point I had 8 accounts, but those have tempered down to 1 now and that is inactive. I consider re-upping on occassion, but real life has down more to limit my play these days.

I always loved getting portraits down of my characters. Here's one of my axer who loved bone armor and my wife [who played briefly] Ithen Windstrike and Rolery.

Here's a one of J-D when we tried to keep it alive after it imploded on itself. Myself as Hera, Kahlan and Tanner.

Peace & Lurkage,
-H
Wow..you did a great job of keeping your chars seperate. I knew "you" as several of those guys. Man the early days when you were one of the few gm smiths and i was still in CGG were fun. I also remember fighting your Damian char as a member of SHR..too funny.

Memnoch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its 2:40am and I cant sleep so I come and look at this and its kinda cool that there are 2 separate people that posted about the PvP duel event I used to hold... Kinda cool that I actually did something people enjoyed on Siege..

The guys of REV... The best times I ever had playing UO, win a fight, lose a fight, the laughs I had in this vent were good enough..

Good ol' Darth... Dedication is the key to obsession.

One of my best loots from a PK ever got it off Gworpe when the event was going on, later sold it to Feyre for something of 10m?

Because StumpHaxxors were spreading like wildfire!

I have to give Arden credit... He was a king troll.

Yes REV turned even chickens into weapons of mass destruction.

Ghost's 'REV Embargo' lol?

We never got the prize for best story of the night :(

Cause Ghost cams were for cheaters and only REV cheated...

Open shop, changed they layout a bunch to maximize viewing

Haxxin the enemy vent

Memnoch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posting photochopped pics in a memory thread = bad karma :p
Lol all in good fun, most my pictures were photoshopped for enchanced trolling..

But I do remember the ghost in that picture truely was a ghost cam for waka they just didnt guild it of course lol

W

Wolf01

Not sure what makes me sadder in that picture up above that some obvious scrub was using my name or that he had "Lord Wolf" lord wolf is enough to make baby jebus cry at night :(

Hey Hera I played with XIE a lot to, do you remember Crassus(sp)? he and I got to be good pals and he gave me his account when he left I still have it to this day because there was no way I would have sold it :(

S

SLACK

Best and oldest memory: Folger and Topaz welcoming me to Siege and hooking me up with lots of stuff to get me going.
Very nice folks.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The part where is showed the list in vent with memnoch wouldnt (copy) show. So if you want to reference that part for the list of names in the vent then go up and look.

Point of my responce is that every person on that list totally burned their welcome out on Siege. Every single one we all know... We know how they played their game... We also know that no one trusted them after that point nor wanted to play with them.

Most of the ones I am talking about still read the boards in some long lost hope that their names are mentioned and due too that they consider themselves elite. Most totally burned their welcome out and couldnt even deal with playing alone.

If you go up and look at some of the pictures you'll see GM's telling certian people not to use the "mirror GW bug". How many people did they chase off the shard or UO in general. These are the same people that gloated non-stop about the "elite" skills.:loser:

Some pics I smiled at in memory... Most tho weren't about fun times... It was about guild griefing. And if you remember, most those ghost cam's weren't about playing a game... It was about those person paying there RL rent with pixels.

The ones on that list that still post here didn't "Move On" to better games... they left a good one. And most likely the moving wasn't a wanted choice... they couldn't stand being targeted by every single person in the room.

A_Mhul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep its me ;)
What happened to iantown? Only place I see left is kelmo's pub, not to mention siege seems dead.
Gotta go for now, bbl

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I first came, I used to get stopped by orcs demanding tribute and chased by vampires. My first event was very pink and was the first day I noticed Kelmo. And a certain VMP sang to each of us ladies in vent.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luka, that was one of the best times in UO. Ever. I think I spent at least 4-5 hours in game that day. Wyrm serenading the ladies in vent should definitetly go down in history!

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wheres the screenies of the UND/ORC days?!?!? I cant find all mine =(

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luka, that was one of the best times in UO. Ever. I think I spent at least 4-5 hours in game that day. Wyrm serenading the ladies in vent should definitetly go down in history!
Pretty sure I still have a funny audio clip of Wyrm playing his guitar for us from that day, on my old computer. :)

A_Mhul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I miss Wyrmie, Brook and the rest of good ol VMP. For the glory of the damned!!
The days when Iantown was raided on a daily basis.
I miss Corwin and Pika of WE too. Damn those were some good times.
I have my old spot in iantown back and think I'll be back on Siege full-time now. Chessy just ain't cuttin it for me this time around.
So Asmodi, Po and Gabrielle are back...drama-free...lol

Oh and the Orny buying thread made me think... What'd they ever do about the blessed Orny that was here?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I transferred from Napa Valley to Siege Perilous in July of 2008 and formed the Siege Perilous chapter of THIEF. (At the time, there were active THIEF guilds on Atlantic, Great Lakes, and Siege Perilous. The Napa Valley chapter was shut down when I moved.) I actively played on a daily basis for the next 1 and a half years and recorded all of my adventures here (beginning with Episode 147). The last day I played was in December of 2009.

In this time, roughly 50+ people joined the guild at one point or another, including 5 other thieves that I brought over from different THIEF guilds on other shards. A week before I officially moved, I scouted out an empty 18x18 plot North of Minoc. I happily over payed 350k to a GIL member and plopped down my guild tower soon after, founding Barter Town.

During the time we were here, THIEF had a guild policy to only allow miners to use our mines if they were wearing a jester hat. If any miners failed to do so, I would promptly follow The Six Step Protocol. Note: During the entire 1 and half years I was on Siege, I only killed exactly 4 miners without hats. I also met roughly 30+ miners who happily mined with hats. I made an effort to pop out and talk to each of them. I thought it was funny that it actually worked. Also Note: It's amazing how fast fables spread throughout the shard. "All you ever do on Siege is kill miners!!" they would say. Remember, I only ever killed 4 miners. I never bothered correcting anyone who ever said otherwise because I thought it was funny. When you never give correct information other people just make up their own information. (Any news is good news, right? If anything, they knew of Barter Town regardless.)

During 2009 when NEW began reporting of a shortage of new recruits, I noticed that we were recruiting more people to Siege than NEW. On a weekly basis, never failing, there were 2-5 people who either stopped by the tower to say "hi," mined in the mines wearing hats, or contacted me through PMs. Lots of these people just wanted to meet me, some people wanted to see Barter Town (especially Enkil's "Free Loot Crate"), and other people wanted to join THIEF. Note: The majority of people who ever stopped by never wanted to play as a thief. They joined Siege as non-thieves.

All of this attention was most due to the popularity of my website. Over the past 5 years it's received 250,000+ page views a year. That's not too much compared to very big sites, but I think it's pretty good for a little hobby project I started years ago. But because of this, Siege got a lot more attention from thieves and non-thieves alike. And I can't take all credit for that popularity because many THIEF guild members and non-members ended up posting their own adventures here.

I wouldn't be surprised if many people aren't aware of all the things I'm talking about now. I made a point to stay away from posting on Stratics as much as possible. For a thief, there was a lot more information to be had if you just watched and listened to the forums instead of actively participating.

Here are some of my favorite Siege episodes:

I just wish I transferred over to Siege much earlier. I had a lot more fun on Siege than I ever did on Napa Valley. I always said the difference between Siege and fel in production shards is that people on Siege actually talk to you. People on productions shards are too busy trying to kill you on sight or run away from you on sight. The difference is much more than just "there's no trammel on Siege."

:postcount:

A_Mhul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran into Sunsword in Kelmo's Tavern one night back in my thieving days. Sadly he didn't have much

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a naughty!! :p

[/IMG]

Uh oh i found it!

[/IMG]

My old luna shop that fell. this was before Razz recustomized it for me. Anyone who remembers this shop knows it had the best variety of items on siege at the time. I actualy made well over 300 mill gold while this shop was standing.

[/IMG]

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About eight years ago, I had a dream of having one day on Siege Perilous to not be attacked and looted ... I realized it was never going to happen here, so I dropped my house and deleted my character to rethink what to do.
I started my first character on Siege Perilous urged by several of my friends...but they left one by one ... until I was soloing the shard.
I return to Siege Perilous 9 months later, chose Necromancer, Archery, and Stealth template which by the way I use most often today.

Still, a template does not make History, and when I heard and saw IDOCs happening more often, I decided that a Census counting of houses should be done atleast twice a year. I did this to get to know where people are...and to know if other IDOCs were occurring ... yes, I do keep track of who is who and where they operate. Avoidance strategy was the plan since the pker does Kill on sight strategy. Many pkers had to be avoided. I still do.

One day, in Umbra I saw the house of Yasuo Wakayama in Greatly worn state... the next morning I soloed looting of that house...once my bank vault got filled ; note: I had no house on Siege Perilous at the time.

I then allowed the rest to decay... now who at that time did I know... few. No general chat was available. I was not going to approach the people online at the time, mostly roaming pkers.

I did report this to this forum of the occurrence.

Once I looted two houses owned by Tide, and I reported that so that others may take part. Two months later Imbuing skill came to the game.

There is now several well armed, well skilled organized guilds which do these IDOCs.

Now these days, I do maybe one or two IDOCs a year, unless I get lucky and find it in decay already and no one is looting.

Still I count the houses and report the facts.

I believe the first count was 1875, and the last in the low 800's.

This Census requires to explore everywhere... usually takes about 3 weeks of my normal play time. Yes, I had to use a ship at times and runebooks and Magery was part of that template.

The dream everyone should have is: everyone on Siege Perilous should find something to do. Play a role.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. The things you find out of boredom. 99% of these pictures and events were far after I left Siege. Boo :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We do not shut Siege down when you leave. Just so ya know.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I know. I personally had a moment of reflection missing the old days though.

I think General Chat has destroyed so much of the community Siege had.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I know. I personally had a moment of reflection missing the old days though.

I think General Chat has destroyed so much of the community Siege had.
That and voice com. Those pics of the early days of siege remind me of a time when all commuication was typed not spoken. We used irc channels much like we use vent now but obviously you had to type. There was anonymity..many people were in multiple niche type pvp/pk/rp mixed up guilds. The guilds were more about their indiviual concepts than just the individual members; it created a world that was unique to siege. It was not all rp; alot of us pvp types combined it with shard politics on Battle Vortex. Guilds claimed dungeons, guilds built towns, and could actually be found there. The advent of AoS item dependancy really started it down the road it is on now imo. It takes alot more work to pvp, pvm, or craft now. All that being said I keep coming back because I still remember logging into Jhelom for the first time in 99 and just being amazed at the player interaction and complexity of the game. I'm glad I was around for the first days of siege; I wish you all could have seen it too. I doubt that gaming experience will ever be duplicated again.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I don't have my laptop with all the Old pics on it, I'll post some from my online library.

I bought this Luna house from Shakaja in 2008 and wanted to re-size it. This was before they had the timer on resizing your house. So I dropped the original plot and immediately tried to replace.... "There are not enough funds in your bank box". That was the longest 45 second run in my life to deposit money into my account and run back to replace. Needless to say, there was a large prime open Luna spot for anyone to place for nearly a minute :)

This house I won at the tail end of my Siege Perilous playing days. I traded it to Kelmo, and is probably the largest purchase made by any player on Siege Perilous to date.

Old invasion...

Last but not least... the scariest warrior to ever roam Siege Perilous. Pray that she never returns!!

Chimera

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hmm... I don't come back here often but when I do its nice to relive the past... To all my old siege foes and friends a kind hello to you all... It's been ages since I stopped by.

for those of you who remember me as Chimera or as Inari Waka or Inari or even Jessie it was a blast to read some of the posts and even see my toon alive and dead in some of the pics...

to the old crew Krystal, Sam, Elvis, Wyrm, MrHappy ... and before them Ibichi, Akane, Bo/Hugi, Yasou and the rest of Waka and even before that With Shy, Rowena, Memnoch, Forsaken, Star ...back in the LiE days and all the rest I played with and aginst it was some fun times the early days on Chessy then the last few years on Siege before moving on.... still the best gaming community of any game I have played maybe thats why I come back from time to time to say Hi...

I wish UO would go free to play... I loved the game but I'd never pay for it these days the graphics even the updated version... just can't bring myself to do it...

Gerbiler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That and voice com. Those pics of the early days of siege remind me of a time when all commuication was typed not spoken. We used irc channels much like we use vent now but obviously you had to type. There was anonymity..many people were in multiple niche type pvp/pk/rp mixed up guilds. The guilds were more about their indiviual concepts than just the individual members; it created a world that was unique to siege. It was not all rp; alot of us pvp types combined it with shard politics on Battle Vortex. Guilds claimed dungeons, guilds built towns, and could actually be found there. The advent of AoS item dependancy really started it down the road it is on now imo. It takes alot more work to pvp, pvm, or craft now. All that being said I keep coming back because I still remember logging into Jhelom for the first time in 99 and just being amazed at the player interaction and complexity of the game. I'm glad I was around for the first days of siege; I wish you all could have seen it too. I doubt that gaming experience will ever be duplicated again.
If the shard went back to what the days were like in the beginning, I'd be back lol.

Walking in the middle of the woods, and running across players in the middle of no where.

I remember on my first day I found a guy at minoc bank making wooden shields. Remembered thinking the guy was an idiot for not walking his lazy arse around the corner and selling them to make some easy coin. So I loaded up, walked to the nearest vendor, and spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong since the vendor wouldn't buy my newly acquired loot.

Ah, the good 'ole days.

Some of my old pics...

Well, for some reason my UO pics won't upload, only the comedy pics we had done way back when. Like Sandwhich said, the asshatery we had between guilds was probably the most entertaining of things to me. Being an ass when it was time to throw down then having nothing but the utmost respect and fun with a lot of our enemies when it came to social situations.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/wavace/******.gif

Trouble with the mods...

This one is where we may, or may not, have found an IBD in an IDOC.

Even Krystal laughed about this one afterwards.

When our ghost cams voted for faction leader....

Having fun with enemies out of game....

This was a knock down drag out we had in the star room. Close quarters combat with pets and fields everywhere.

No idea who this person was. I saw them one time and we fought like hell for 20 minutes. After killing them I never saw them again.

Conversation in one of the guilds I had infiltrated on an alt character. At one time I think REV had a character in every major guild.

Sig Kat made for me

Going to have to find my old photobucket, one that wasn't banned, to find my good pics of community and events. These were just on hand.

Last edited: