• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripter Farming Painted Caves on Many Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They must have fixed that script, because the one im watching fights the dancers and if she stays a minute without fighting she runs towards the front turns around and comes back with dancers in tow. After she kills that spawn they start respawning again. I watched her do that a few times.
What I meant was to lure the fan dancer to the stairs in the back of the room with the 1 demon. I've never seen the bot run all the way back there.

One the 3 shards I play the bot is always killing in the same spot. Not in the first room of the dojo where 2 fan dancers spawn, but in the next area where the corner is, where only 1 fan dancer spawns. It's that 1 fan dancer that I lure to the back of the demon room. The bot will sit there for awhile killing nothing, but then it appears that the script is programmed to SJ out, run back in and run around approx. half of that first level looking for fan dancers to kill. It however never runs into the last room with the demon. The only time it did run into that room was when it appeared to be attended and the operator had probably been alerted to the fact that that char had not been killing anything in X amount of time.

That's the real problem with the dojo, because unlike the caves there's not an overly powerful monster close by that can easily be lured over to the bot. That and the fact that those stupid fan dancers that die in 10 seconds pay out nearly 900 gold a pop. They should be beefed up or have their loot severely reduced.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so I looked it up.... Breaking the Darkwood set via Macing weapons is quite possible...

LINK to Self Repair and Damaging Armor

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday85.html

The short version is thus...

-Self Repair 3 = Adds 3 points of durability to an item 1 / Minute.

-Macing weapons = Swing and hit them in a random spot and then it's a 75% that the durability of where you hit them is decreased by 1. All other weapons are only 20%.

- So End result is you have to hit him ALOT and fast with macing weapons which means trap him, Disarm Him, and beat him up Even keeping him alive if needed....

- With a Single character who coudn't disarm I managed to knock a total of ~35 Durability off his suit in 20 minutes. Though I had only a warmace at the time and was missing bc he has lots of dci & I coudln't disarm. 5 guys with a healer all swinging at max could definately do it.. Common people I know your that borred if your reading this. lol

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading this thread, I had an interesting thought.

If this person knows what's going on, with all these other players hunting his bots down, what would stop him from attending for a few days and paging on you guys for harrassment? I mean, after all this time of scripted responses, who would really think his "Stop" or whatever was actually an attended comment?

I just would hate to see any honest players get in trouble because he decided to be a double-crossing jerk. :(

R

Rama21

I'm pretty sure his script picks up bagballs. Seen him do it several times. The bot still appeared to be unattended, but it picked up the bagball that was blocking his path.
Hmmm, not on LS. Early this AM there just happened to be a bagball sitting on one of her spots when she ran out to bank. She stood next the bagball for a long time before she ran to another spot just to stand there and not move. There were two of us out there asking if she needed any help (poor thing seemed confused) but I guess she was just too upset to answer us. rolleyes: She finally left and somehow more bagballs magically appeared on her other spots. Poor thing. :D

Last time we were out there watching them farm, we were “training” magery and set off some EVs untill Lurg woke up. (OOPS!) One of them left and the other one died and left the cave but her ghost just stood outside on her spot for a long time. (My friend has GM spirit speak so he could see her.) We asked her many times if she needed any help but never got a response so we figured she was happy being dead. :bdh:

P

packrat

Just went did a test run. I went with my thief. They must have reveal hidden because both of them revealed me with 100 hiding 100 stealth (real 80) I hid again and they never moved or said anything. I opened their packs. One ran out when she had 21800 the other ran out when she had 22400. It took them less than 3 minutes each to get this amount of gold. It took them 18 seconds to run out and recall back in and start hitting again.
All that is in thier packs are gold, smith repair deed, this is weird. They both had house placement tools. I have no clue why but thats what they have.
I tried to steal the gold but it was too heavy. Then I tried with the random steal. (Cursor on the backpack) and it says It was too heavy..

A

Ash

After reading this thread, I had an interesting thought.

If this person knows what's going on, with all these other players hunting his bots down, what would stop him from attending for a few days and paging on you guys for harrassment? I mean, after all this time of scripted responses, who would really think his "Stop" or whatever was actually an attended comment?

I just would hate to see any honest players get in trouble because he decided to be a double-crossing jerk. :(
Never gotten an automated response from the ones i have interacted with. I have managed to get someone to type "F$%$ you", which isn't that a no no.

I like to "train" spell weaving by alluring the trogs and watch as they stand there trying to attack it and can't so other trogs beat crap out of them..

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought I would throw that idea out there, just to make sure no one is getting reckless with their clean-up crews, hehe. Like I said, I would hate to see someone that is trying to make our game better be the one to get in trouble. I've seen it happen that way in RL way too much.

N

Nenime

Wow! 156 replies and way over 4000 views in a few days! This should be enough to make it a Five-on-Friday topic.

Thanks to JC for starting this thread. I didn't know about this before and I bet a lot of players still don't know. Maybe the publicity effect can be multiplied when other forums start to discuss this too.

L

Legacyee

Yeah thanks for this thread
since reading this and realizing that we also have a couple on Drachenfels, I have been having a bit of fun with them, I don't like scripters but while they are allowed to carry on, I may as well go "play" near them :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm pretty sure his script picks up bagballs. Seen him do it several times. The bot still appeared to be unattended, but it picked up the bagball that was blocking his path.
There's an answer to that...

Herding....

Go to Trinsic Barrier Island, get you a herd of cows, bulls, whatever...

cover every square within reasonable distance of the cave mouth with a cow.

people wanted a use for herding; there it is...

Also, note that Verite and valorite elementals still apparently have their armor breaking properties... I wonder if there are any Gold or higher spots you can elevate with prospector tools & garg picks in the painted caves?

F

Fink

There's an answer to that...

Herding....

Go to Trinsic Barrier Island, get you a herd of cows, bulls, whatever...

cover every square within reasonable distance of the cave mouth with a cow.

people wanted a use for herding; there it is..
Been using Herding inside the caves themselves to thwart them. Just gather up all the cats, dogs, rats & bears and form a protective barrier around the scripter, then log out or watch/follow them around if you prefer.

Although once Lurg came over for a closer look, so I allowed him to enter the shuffle. Seems the script attacks Troglodytes first if they're nearby but not Lurg or Grobu. The scripter just stood there dumbly taking hits from Lurg while the Trogs were too far out of reach to life leech. :wall:

---

Hmm, blackrock ele's still spawning?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha you guys are amazing. Keep up the good work.

*starts training herding*

A

Azureal

Ive never once killed another player solely for the sake of it, but after reading this thread, and thinking more about it...my dex/lockpicking/stealthing/dp kryss wielding rogue might just come out of retirement.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what UO's all about, Everyone working together to defeat the enemy!!

He took one look at me this morning and ran on drachs....

I love the smell of fear in the morning... ohyeahhhhh

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I went with my thief. They must have reveal hidden because both of them revealed me with 100 hiding 100 stealth (real 80)
I don´t think they have.

On Europa, all the three ladies have the exact same skill set-up:

Anatomy 110
Swordsmanship 110
Tactics 110
Resisting Spells 100
Spirit Speak 100
Chivalry 90
Necromancy 80

Might be different on other shards but I doubt it...

But since they´re elves I think they have a better chance at revealing U with passive detect if I´m not mistaken.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of the people that sell stuff for rl cash are multi banned so should not even be playing and it doesnt take a genius how these people can be taken straight to a gm and instantly banned again with a wipe of all they have. they just wont do it!

D

Dragon Slave.

I think they might be moving their operations, i've seen them a few times this morning at painted caves, but not really farming this morning since my presence has been felt, she/they said Hi, and 88, and sacred journied away. I can't seem to locate where shes been going on Napa, but i know shes still busy at work, as I see all 3 chars still banking every few minutes in Delucia. I checked ice fiends, elder gazers, efreets, gonna search all of hythloth next.

P

packrat

Im on Napa, im going to go on a scouting mission to find them. She is still in the dojo when a deamon isnt eating her up lol

P

packrat

Dang Wolfie that is some funny stuff... Did they say anything to you after the dragons ate him up?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think she's all but given up farming gold in fel on the 3 shards I play. Rarely see any of the chars there any more.

Still see her in the dojo though.

P

packrat

I think she's all but given up farming gold in fel on the 3 shards I play. Rarely see any of the chars there any more.

Still see her in the dojo though.
They were in the painted caves on Napa in fel last night. I was able to snoop their packs and watch how much gold they could carry. They both had house placement tools on them. I think maybe they use that to see how much gold and checks they have in their bank boxs. That is the only thing I can think of. When you open the tool it shows your total worth in your bank box.

L

Leana Sidhe

I know last night I worked some carpentry skill at Delucia Bank.... had a fantastic Yard Sale... and noticed 1 of the ladies had 3 spots marked for banking... seems I had to take the yard sale goodies out side too.
Got great carpentry gains.... and stopped seeing their bright faces... after I set up my tables in 4 locations :p
I have to admit, one of the ladies was very fast at returning! Have no idea where they went to afterwards...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this topic is getting a lot of views and replies.

I scouted Trammel and no one was there. But in Felucca I hit the jackpot, both scripters were there. It is extremely obvious they are scripting when one who I have killed many times now just walks past me like I'm not going to do it again. I throw up energy fields and they still don't react at all. I lure down Lurg and Grobu and get one on each farmer. One starts trying to kill the Lurg while the other continues farming like nothing happens. But my continual casting of invisibility caused the obviously unseasoned UO player from being able to react accordingly. After the first farmer is dead the other one, just by coincidence, starts running for their life. But my well placed energy field blocks their path. A couple energy fields and dispels later, Lurg is helping Grobu kill the second farmer.

Suddenly the farmer has an extreme case of luck and slips past a hole in the energy fields! Quick thinking on my part puts down a wall of stone just well enough to stop him. Quickly the trogs and other monsters get the farmer caught up with the wall. I put down a quick and tactful cross pair of energy fields to lock him in place. A few moments later the neanderthal inhabitants of the Painted Caves are feasting on a fresh corpse.

WTF did I just write? I think I got carried away.

S

Sheridan

What if you filled the bagballs with something really heavy like a ton of large piles of ore...?

C

Craftyone

Scripters again are really bad on Atlantic also in Heartwood. They script for runic fletching kits 24/7. Once they get alot, they put on their Luna vendors. These are quickly bought up by the searchuo.com bot for them to have the only sales of high end fletching runics. It's a vicious cycle and sad. The bot walks around Luna hidden most of the day updating but other than that, everything is done right in our face for all to see.But, whatcha gonna do?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics and EAMythics so called privacy policy is ..:lame:! In my home town newspaper we have a lovely little feature called the police blotter! If you get a speeding ticket, DWI or whatever its there for the whole town to see. Oh and better still the put your name, address and age LMAO! Now if Stratics and EAMythic started doing that then EVERYBODY would know who's breaking the rules! But then we'd also know that the GMs aren't doing their jobs anyway because it'd be blank! :mad::cursing:

L

Legacyee

I went to the painted caves (Tram) tonight on Drachenfels and for the first time in a long time the two Lady's were not there, has someone upset them or was I just unlucky and missed them. :)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well BNAE and !OH! guilds are protecting them on Legends. :cursing: I knew Legends was a cesspool of cheaters and this proves. Fine let the Cheaters have Legends for all I care! :mad: Hey, devs why don't you make Legends the "Devils Island" shard for cheaters, cause you'll have 99% of them already there! ::D: As for me I guess I need to start saving up for new housing and about 32 transfer tokens! LMAO

S

Sheridan

Stratics and EAMythics so called privacy policy is ..:lame:! In my home town newspaper we have a lovely little feature called the police blotter! If you get a speeding ticket, DWI or whatever its there for the whole town to see. Oh and better still the put your name, address and age LMAO! Now if Stratics and EAMythic started doing that then EVERYBODY would know who's breaking the rules! But then we'd also know that the GMs aren't doing their jobs anyway because it'd be blank! :mad::cursing:
Those articles only appear on the police blotter section when someone's been caught doing something wrong by the proper authorities. It is not, however, filled with Ms. Johnson's rantings over in Apt 2B about the Smith family overhead in 3B and how she suspects them of being drug addicts from the weird hours they keep. Those kinds of reports you'll have better success finding in a gossip column because until a report is confirmed by those who are authorized to do so, it's just hearsay.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you know this? On the MyUO Character Pages you just see the three highest skills. :confused:
Well, luckily on Europa (might be so on other shards as well) they each are in a one-man guild.
Just click the guild and then click Skill Averages and U will see all skills combined in that guild. And since there´s only one member in the guild, then all the skills U see belong to that member...

Voila! ;)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um Sheridan nobody is RANTING about the gold farmers, we've confirmed them. Are you gonna try to tell me that 3 chars on every shard all gold farming the same spots at the same time is a coencidence? rolleyes: I don't think so homeboy! rolleyes: Have you been getting your vision checked by the same whack job that gives NHL referees their eye tests? :eek:

S

Sheridan

Um Sheridan nobody is RANTING about the gold farmers, we've confirmed them. Are you gonna try to tell me that 3 chars on every shard all gold farming the same spots at the same time is a coencidence? rolleyes: I don't think so homeboy! rolleyes: Have you been getting your vision checked by the same whack job that gives NHL referees their eye tests? :eek:
I'm sorry... homeboy? I wasn't aware I was channeling a time traveller from the 90's when that phrase was the thing to say or from the 80's when LOL REFEREES R BLIND LOLOLOL was last funny. That's the only reason I can assume you'd address me as such.

Now, you seem to be mistaken. Like many others, you appear to be lumping us in with EA/Mythic. For the record, we don't have a "privacy policy" along the lines of which you are alluding to here at Stratics... we have a Don't Name Names or Make Accusations policy. Glad I could clear that up. Let me know if I can clear any other misconceptions you might have.

P

packrat

Colter, I took you advice and went to the dojo. When I turned the first corner I didn't see the gold farmer. But, I saw a couple of fandancer corpses on the ground so I figured they were going to return. I hurried and lured all of the fan dancers all the way back to the stairs going to the second level. Then I got the Demon and got him by the hall.
So I am hidden and waiting. sure enoug, here comes the farmer. She stands in fighting stance. She stays there about a minute, then runs to the front door and back to her spot. Stands there for a minute then she heads towards the back then runs to her spot. Stands there for a minute when she realized there were no dancers she heads to the room with the demon. She meets Bolas first then a pile of dancers. She runs back to her spot with with the spawn in tow. She ran fast so I had to walk so I wouldnt get revealed. When I made it to her spot Bolas ate her for lunch. I had a screen shot but for some reason it wouldnt post right. I might be doing something wrong.
She stayed gone for about an hour then she was back at it again. I think they stay dead for a while before they realized they are dead. I never see them get rezed and come back to their body before it goes to bones. It always takes them 30-60 minutes before they start back up.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheridan no matter what you it call its the same thing. As William Shakespeare said " What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

I'm not saying post the names of everybody you "THINK" is cheating but do post those that have been confirmed!

I am not lumping you in with EAMythic, but if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

Oh I apologize I typed homey when I meant "HOMER". A "HOMER" in hockey speak is someone that is such a home team fan they can't even say anything positive about the visiting team...HOMER! LOL A good example of a couple of "HOMERS" is the San Jose Sharks announcers. Annoucers are supposed to be somewhat impartial, but those two bash the visiting team while singing the praises of the Sharks! (Even when the Sharks lost big to the Stars!!!)

BTW, the blind-referee comment was meant as a slam not a joke. Obviously you're not a hockey fan or you would have been ready to throttle me for that. Please google "Holmstrom goaltender interference with his BUTT!" Even thought the call benefitted my team it was the WORST call I've ever seen made by a NHL official!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job packrat. :thumbup1:

We may not be able to stop these gold farmers, but at least we can annoy the hell out of them and entertain ourselves at the same time.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I'm begining to think Sheridan supports scripters. Either that or he definately dosnt play the game. Why I say that? Becuase if he played UO then he would have looked and seen the obvious scripter. But if he does play the game and saw the scripter and still wont support this thread then he's as bad as the scripter himself.

I now await a sarcastic post from him like the rest he has posted on this thread.

A

Azureal

Hmm, I'm begining to think Sheridan supports scripters. Either that or he definately dosnt play the game. Why I say that? Becuase if he played UO then he would have looked and seen the obvious scripter. But if he does play the game and saw the scripter and still wont support this thread then he's as bad as the scripter himself.

I now await a sarcastic post from him like the rest he has posted on this thread.
Nah, I dont think so. Whilst I dont agree 100% to Stratics policy of not naming suspected cheaters, it has merit, and whether we like it or not, we must accept it if we are to post here.

That being said...

It was Sheridan a few posts up that suggested the work around for the bagballs by way of filling them with piles of ore. Oustanding idea. And not the work of someone that "supports scripters".

Lets do what we can as players to mess these scripters up and stop banging on at the Mods.

D

Dragon Slave.

Hes just doing his job, were not suppose to name characters names, or falsely accuse others. None of us can prove that this person or persons is really running a script, even though its pretty damn obvious. I'm sure he can go watch it happen and draw the same conclusion we've all come too, but the forums have policies that he has to uphold. I'm not mad at him, although I'm suprised EA or any member of the developer team that frequently reads and posts on these forums hasn't commented on this topic at all. Until something is done, I will keep luring and killing these individuals every chance I get. So far it seems to have slowed their operations down a bit.

S

Sheridan

I'm beginning to think you're not getting the point. I don't support scripters, I support the rules for these forums. It's what I do. If you don't like that or don't want to follow the rules, feel free to PM or email the Stratics UO Forum Admins or find somewhere else to post.

And show me where I've been unsupportive of this thread, if you would. If you really look hard, you'll see instead that I'm unsupportive of people breaking the rules here and nothing more.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:shots:i was killing these 2 daily for a few months on my alt on napa...now they are rarely there....packrat and dragon...ya's are stealing my kills!! STOP IT! lmao jk...glad to finally see someone else doing it aswell and the other shards...good work everyone!..im sure eventually they will move onto something else, but in the meantime at least we are showing that if they wont fix the problem...we will...or try:shots:...and its a bit more fun then the event spawn to tell you the truth....the house placement tool is for them to check how much they have in the bank when they are at the screen ( yup there are times they are there)..ive had them fight me on a few occasions in ice feinds..running back n forth through the entrence..a few times ive killed them...then they would appear as a ghost as say...Bai Bai..they have only really fought back a few times..

P

packrat

I went to the painted caves in tram and there they were. I walk to the back of the caves and Lurg told me he was hungry. So I escort him over to have lunch. She is hitting away at the trogs while Lurg is taking a few bites of her bottom. She never moved, ran or even tried to fight back. So I know she wasnt attending her keyboard. Then Lurg decided he needed dessert and walked over and had a tasty farmer.. I went over to fel and they werent there, I figured someone made it before I did. The rules say we can't lure, but they never said anything about feeding the animals.
Colter is going to have a laugh at this one.
I go over to Heartwood and the same 4 scripters are doing the archers quest. I have been there everyday for over a week and no matter what time I go the same scripters are there. They have been doing this for well over a month now. Since they are invisible I couldnt tell for sure if it was the same 4. then someone suggest I try tracking and it worked. So I know for sure that it was them for the past week.
Anyway, I page a gm. And guess what my lucky number was on my que list? You got it.. #6
I waited over an hour and I was still #6. So I log out get on a different account and go over to heart wood and report them again. I hit the lucky # once again.. the old #6. I wait for 30 min. That was enoug for me. i called it quits after that. This is about the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. Most of the time you call customer service for something, you can't understand them, at least you get to hear a voice. In this game all you get is the #6

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm beginning to think you're not getting the point. I don't support scripters, I support the rules for these forums. It's what I do. If you don't like that or don't want to follow the rules, feel free to PM or email the Stratics UO Forum Admins or find somewhere else to post.

And show me where I've been unsupportive of this thread, if you would. If you really look hard, you'll see instead that I'm unsupportive of people breaking the rules here and nothing more.
I dont know where you get this I dont want to follow the rules, but I've not posted thier names or tried to work around the forum rules. Theres nothing worse than someone reading the rules out to you when you've not come near to breaking them.

On Drach, I think we've virtually shut him down as a few times now he's missing from Fel and in Tram he legs it fairly quickly. I'm begining to wonder if he's altered his script to alert him when someones present? Mind you, its nice to farm the farmer lol.

I just dont understand in the inaction of the DEV's or GM's. Maybe we should make a post directly asking for a DEV response on the matter? (Or would that break forum rules to post another thread?)

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many people have asked this question of ea and we get occasionally a statement saying they are looking at it. some people have suggested in the past that it is simply a case of ea not wanting to lose the scripters subscriptions. one day it may be an idea that those appalled at the lack of action choose a time and a date and all at the same time cancel our subs, only to reactivate soon after of course! what would this achieve? if we did this im pretty sure a huge red light would flash and an alarm sound and they would be able to see the numbers of people unhappy at the lack of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.