• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripter Farming Painted Caves on Many Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard about this yesterday and didn't think it could be true. Soemone blatently scripting in the same location on many shards, both Trammel and Felucca? Well It only took 10 seconds to find out because I went to the Painted Caves on Atlantic. It was exactly as described, characters in a Darkwood suit using a Soulseeker. They always go stand in the same spot. They run out every couple minutes when loaded with gold. They don't react to being killed. The same characters are there this morning that we killed last night.

Why aren't they being dealt with? The problem is that the person(s) controlling all these characters are able to respond when something happens. So if they get killed they run out a few moments later. If a Gamemaster asks if they are there they respond. But this is clearly an illegal scripting operation because it happens on several shards simultaneously and everything is the same. if a Gamemaster was not restricted by a handbook then they would easily be able to confirm that this is happening on many shards and is an obvious scripter operation.

If you see them in Felucca make sure you get them killed either by luring down the named monsters or using a murderer. In Trammel you can't do anything because luring is illegal.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're on most American and both European shards.

On Europa they've been farmed in their turn in Felucca by our reds and when they switch to tram, well the trogs are anyone's, a couple of evs gets most of them faster than the scripters. You can't lure on them, but you can legitimately deny them the spawn, can't you?

On the other hand we've been told they're poor little Chinese working in a sweatshop environment to put rice on their table and we should leave them alone. Whether you accept that as truth or not, or consider it to be an acceptable reason to cheat in a game even if it is, is entirely up to you.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen apparent scripters in the Phoenix Cave near Delucia on LS, working Dread Spiders.

-Galen's player

H

Hanna

Check out the dojo, saw someone doing the same thing with dancers for days and hours on end. But we all knew that the scripters would keep farming. It's only the actual players that have often stopped picking up gold because of the BOS changes.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the dojo, saw someone doing the same thing with dancers for days and hours on end. But we all knew that the scripters would keep farming. It's only the actual players that have often stopped picking up gold because of the BOS changes.
Yeah....I've been very surprised by their reliance on the argument about scripters, especially since they specifically denied that this was the reason when they first did the change.

However, in fairness...It may have been less about stopping scripting than about making it less worthwhile, and increasing the value of gold in the economy.

I still disagree with the change, but seen in that light I think I can understand the argument.

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just took care of them on Catskills and Lake Superior. Their response times were greatly improved over last night so it almost appears that they are legitimate. But they are definitely not.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just took care of them on Catskills and Lake Superior. Their response times were greatly improved over last night so it almost appears that they are legitimate. But they are definitely not.
Well don't forget Legends, Baja, Napa, Chessie, GL, LA, Pacific, Origin and the euro shards. And they are working trammel and fel with dbl clients in each. They are on every shard, working the same routine 23/7. Only breaks they take is when the is when the infamous scripting program needs to be updated.

What's the standing on "accidentally" leaving bagballs across the trammel facet entrances? Of course they would just edit their script to pick up bagballs :/

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The addition of GM alarms to common scripts a couple years ago completely castrated and destroyed EA customer service, and it's never adapted. Scripters won.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Napa they are watched and killed with great regularity. They do give counts, by the way. I have seen a variety of different tactics used against them on Tram side, and it is common for them to go other places for hours on end due to the vigilance of the people of Napa.

Another place they can be found is at the Ice Fiends in Ice Dungeon, both Tram and Fel.

K

Kayne

I've met the ones on europa in trammel. Famous on our shard by all accounts. Very lovely folks they are too. (i assume anyway :p)

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is one of my favorite hunting spots and i thought i was crazy to think they were scripters. I was thinking: Who could script hunting? But i guess it's not just me. They used a packhorse for the gold at first but they gave that up real quickly :D

F

Fink

They're on Oceania, too.

I've paged time and again but nothing gets done about them. I've tried various methods to stop them myself but they just sprout back up like weeds. :mad:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just confirmed this is happening on Pac as well.

The person doing this is the same person who used to farm the ice fiends and demons.

I've talked to this person in the past and they openly admit to running multiple chars on several shards.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just confirmed this is happening on Pac as well.

The person doing this is the same person who used to farm the ice fiends and demons.

I've talked to this person in the past and they openly admit to running multiple chars on several shards.
theya re both facets origin, well was lol, got them fel

J

Joyous2K

I would like UO to buy these scripts, expand/modify them, and sell them to subscribers. WIn win win for everyone involved.

UltimaScripts 2009

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like UO to buy these scripts, expand/modify them, and sell them to subscribers. WIn win win for everyone involved.

UOScripts 2009
if every one scripted, would be like test why bother play game, why not a code, all my bases beat yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania has the same problem. I just lure Lurg on him/her. Him/her dies pretty quick. Paging doesnt work so i use my own form of justice.

J

Joyous2K

Why? I want UltimaScripts to be legal. You like the grind? Keep doing it. I am not a scripter, but I don't like the grind, so I want a legal way to do it.

More like, Spoken like the savior of all UO and the devs jobs.

Current scripters sell to gold buyers. All of that illegal revenue gets negated if UO makes UltimaScripts. Then players can generate there own gold and resources and not have to buy it with RL dollars from scripters, or buy it with hard grinded make-believe gold pieces.

I know that there are a thousand players out there that love lumberjacking at 100 for 3 nights straight just to get 100 frostwood logs, but I am not one of them. I am one of the other thousand. I want UltimaScripts to do that for me. UltimaScripts improves gameplay and is more than a nightmare on steroids.

UltimaScripts 2009

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been disrupting their operations all day long. It is quite obvious they are scripting when you lure away the trogs and they just sit there waiting for one to spawn.

I'm surprised that people have known this was going on for a long time and were not saying anything. Why are people always posting about Vine Cord Sandals, yet are seemingly ignoring this blatent gold farm scripting.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to find out but had no luck. They might be using a Felucca bank to lower suspicion.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just helped Link here kill them on Atlantic again a while ago.

Stayed to farm for a few minutes. Nice source of bandages!

H

Hanna

Looks like a thief just took out the one in dojo great lakes with a few level 5 sworsds displays

Well, that didn't last long enough, they are back at it. They've been at there for over a month. You would think that would be enough to key the GMs to what they are doing.

F

Fink

Oceania has the same problem. I just lure Lurg on him/her. Him/her dies pretty quick. Paging doesnt work so i use my own form of justice.
I like to Herd all the dogs & cats in a circle around the scripter so they're out of melee range for the trogs, then just log out there. Heh-heh. :D

We should make a player event of disrupting scripters, heh.. might get some GM attention if it's on multiple shards with news coverage etc.. :rolleyes:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recalled in to Yew last night to bank and found one of the Europa scripters there. I suspect that the script has the ability to rotate bank runes.

They are semi-attended. In Fel they can be killed without reacting to the attack and sometimes remain there dead for some time, but sometimes run out when they die.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't speak much about this so bare with me. :p

As far as what to do about them, i say leave them alone. I lured a serpent on their pack horse once so they know not to bring it again and they never did. They are persistant and dedicated to what they are doing and for the most part don't interrupt my hunting.

I agree with the person who says that we should be able to legally run these scripts/macros to do repetitive tasks (casting spells, clicking make last, etc). Normally i wouldn't agree with resource gathering but considering what this game has become, i wouldn't be against it. There are so many people running scripts and such to gain unfair advantages that you can't help but feel that you are doing something wrong if you are raising skills the hard way. I will even admit that i used a macro at one time to raise magery (from 85-110) because i wanted to be able to enjoy magery instead of spending months trying to get my skills high enough.

The scripting problem is deeper than the people that write them and the sites that distribute them. If they are not going to make client side changes to make the gaming experience more enjoyable then they just need to leave it be and let their paying customers enjoy the game how this wish (assuming they are not duping and hacking the client). What they are doing is picking and choosing who to discipline and hoping this will stop everyone else and it is not working. Furthermore, good honest players (who may just be trying to raise some skill so they can keep up and enjoy the game more) get caught in the crossfire. In the end they will only have scripters and dupers left.

Look at what this game has become. Uogamestore has items for sale but noone really buys them. Why? Because there are other sites where you can get them cheaper. Not only can they offer items cheaper than that site but they can offer items that they do not. It has been like this for a long time and nothing has ever been done about it. I'm not complaining because if i need something i always look for the cheapest price :D.

There will be a time in the future when they will be looking back at what they could have done or what they should have done.

Why aren't they doing anything now?

There are people who have convinced themselves that all of these problems will be fixed one day and they will be able to enjoy a duper/hacker/scripter/[insert gripe] free ultima online experience forever.

Then there are those of us who accept it for what it is and are just enjoying the ride.

H

Hanna

Resourse/gold gathering was not that bad of chore before all the changes. Although they later claimed the resoure changes where not to combat scripters after everyone pointed out that in fact would have the oppisite effect.

Now they have made it favor the scripters more because they don't care about being bored to death by the artifical tedium.

P

Prince Caspian

I will even admit that i used a macro at one time to raise magery (from 85-110) because i wanted to be able to enjoy magery instead of spending months trying to get my skills high enough.
Sure. It's better to break out the tedium. Hey, next football game, let my team get 3 unopposed touchdowns before your defensive line takes the field. What? You don't wanna do that? How dare you! I don't want the tedium of my team actually dealing with earning it.

I didn't macro one damn .01 of ANY of my characters. I built them in the way the rules said I should, not cheating. Yes, it's cheating. If there are rules that say you shouldn't do it, and you do it, that isn't bending the rules. That's breaking them. AKA CHEATING.

Don't like to do it because its tedious? Gee, I guess that makes it OK then. Oh, and screw the other players who actually play by the rules and have to put up with the less-than-fun aspects you have to work through to earn the stats. After all, its an MMORPG... it's all about you, right?

You see, this is what makes me mad about scripters, dupers, and even macroers. Cheat in a one-player game? Be my guest. You are only robbing yourself of the experience of playing. But to do it in a game that others are playing too, rules must be established, because the synergy of the game depends on how we ALL are doing in the game.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
History of Scripting for this person.. (3 Years that I've known of)

-He's the same person and reason that dread spiders got buffed up.. and for awhile were renamed "mystic lama herder" and respanwed invunerable and up in the black space outside the map in Dulcia passage.

-He's the same person who used to farm Efreets in wraith form, or Demons with exilers in the 2nd level of fire dungeon. & multiple characters in Hythloth.

-He's the same person who farmed the demons in prism of light dungeon and would dbl click his entrance ticket to be removed to Guard zone when attacked.

All of this on at least 14 shards....simultaneously..

Anway.... no surprises here... Attended or not this guy and all his blandly named characters are extremely obvious about what they are doing and if EA fixxed Dread spiders bc of him, then I simply don't know why they don't just fix him......

Some references...

This Next Video is WoW granted.. but the idea is still being applied to UO.

http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=8522c88b81f9e6cd914cb9759325f934a7ae0ce0

This is just a Reference link on the subject of Gold farming.. which is what this guy is doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming#Gold_farming_in_China

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I script. Every day.

I do not script in PvP but I do everything else by script.

Hmm..let's see here..justification: Carpel Tunnel or script. I choose script. Anyone who has a problem with it may plant a wet one on the lower fleshy area. 10+ years of this game, if I hadn't scripted all along, I would likely not be able to even hold a beer in my hand after the 100 bagillion clicks that would have entailed. Screw that!!

'nuff said.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of curiousity what are the Scripters character names on Legends? I'd like to know because I hunt painted caves fel and tram to train my Cu or just to bash something. If know the names and I see them , they are KOS-that is Kill On Sight!

I don't like scripters I've done my leveling and earned everything the HARD way. I'll admit to trying a script that was supposed to work Stealing on my theif. All it did was lock up my computer and make a big ole mess. I deleted that puppy off my hard drive and never considered scripts again.

I don't like resource scripters at all! Mining is freaking hard enough as it is without going to my favorite mining spots and getting nothing but "There is nothing left here to mine".

Each to their own opinon I suppose, but then again you know what they say about opinons.......:D

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think multiple botting not scripting ;) is illegal, but simply botting alone to train with a look of the screen, hmm also illegal because of the third party program, but if it must be punished is questionable.

you must also see another thing in uo enviroment the infaltion of gold is extreme, so extreme that most new palyers without botting simply had only a little chance to be good in pvp and i mean really good. so if every bot will be disabled there is another problem, the prices are raising first for resources for example, so it is a big problem of uo and i think will be. but i think a much more dramtic think is the duping, and i really know, yes you can dupe, yes you can dupe at this time! i dont know how, but i know 100% that there is an exploit.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I script. Every day.

I do not script in PvP but I do everything else by script.

Hmm..let's see here..justification: Carpel Tunnel or script. I choose script. Anyone who has a problem with it may plant a wet one on the lower fleshy area. 10+ years of this game, if I hadn't scripted all along, I would likely not be able to even hold a beer in my hand after the 100 bagillion clicks that would have entailed. Screw that!!

'nuff said.
Congratulations!!! You're a pathetic loser.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
History of Scripting for this person.. (3 Years that I've known of)

-He's the same person and reason that dread spiders got buffed up.. and for awhile were renamed "mystic lama herder" and respanwed invunerable and up in the black space outside the map in Dulcia passage.

-He's the same person who used to farm Efreets in wraith form, or Demons with exilers in the 2nd level of fire dungeon. & multiple characters in Hythloth.

-He's the same person who farmed the demons in prism of light dungeon and would dbl click his entrance ticket to be removed to Guard zone when attacked.

All of this on at least 14 shards....simultaneously..

Anway.... no surprises here... Attended or not this guy and all his blandly named characters are extremely obvious about what they are doing and if EA fixxed Dread spiders bc of him, then I simply don't know why they don't just fix him......
You forgot hes the same guy who caused the wisps in Prism of Light to not have gold.

EA always takes the easiest way out instead stopping this guy. I guess they would rather have the 12.99x30+ accounts and ruin honest players experience than ban him. Looks like as long as they are making money off this guy, he's ban free.

Anyone know if hes on the Asian servers, too?

J

Joyous2K

Sure. It's better to break out the tedium. Hey, next football game, let my team get 3 unopposed touchdowns before your defensive line takes the field. What? You don't wanna do that? How dare you! I don't want the tedium of my team actually dealing with earning it.
I'm sure Madden football would be a lot more fun if you had to click 'b' 5000 times to get the team to line up at scrimmage, and then click 'b' 15,000 times to get the quarterback to say "hut hut hike" and then click 'b' 5,000 times for your receiver to have 48.2 percent catch chance and then click 'b' 6,000 times for your quarterback to have a 33.4 percent chance of successfully tossing the ball laterally, and then click 'b' 125 times to say that you would like to accept the mvp trophy and then click 'b' 125 times to accept the mvp trophy.

You are onto something there. The other games are wrong, they aren't clicking enough so they are missing out on like 25,000 clicks of fun.

Real football? No comparison to anything.

UltimaScripts should be created and people could buy it. Negates a lot of problems. Negates problems of having to improve game mechanics. Negates problems of illegal scripters. Negates problems of people purchasing illegal items and gold through unapproved sites. The only thing they could do would be to make UltimaScripts fun to use. Like a Sims deal. Keep your team of lumberjacks well fed, or they will leave. Something simple like that and then we are in a management role.

UltimaScripts 2009

Edit: Incidentally, I have seen Lady 'A' of LS. I thought it was a real person. I was down there one day and lured Grobu accidentally and felt really bad about getting her killed, but she never came back while I was down there. hehe that is funny.

J

Joyous2K

EA always takes the easiest way out instead stopping this guy.
If what you say is true, that they remove thing from the game because they are powerless, then I seriously think a UltimaScripts would be an easy way out without changing game mechanics but making the game level.

UltimaScripts 2009

R

RedDaTeef

If you don't like a game where you have to click alot, then find another game .
In UO you have to click alot, if you can't handle it, tuff!! 3rd party progs are not answer.
I will kill you everytime I find you macroing Tram or Fel.:D

J

Joyous2K

I don't script illegally and, as far as I know, I created the term UltimaScripts and I want UO dev team to take it and run with it.

I like a game where I have to click way too much and I feel my solution is a good one and reasonably well thought out.

For the record: I, Joyous2k, am not advocating third party programs of any sort. I am advocating that UO dev team create a new solution to the existing and persistent problems by creating their own scripts for use in UO that could be purchased by players.

Sucks to your assmar, and if you don't like cheaters so much, find a new game or come up with an adequate alternative solution to mine.

UltimaScripts 2009

EDIT: adequate alternative solution to mine.

F

Farscape

I heard about this yesterday and didn't think it could be true. Soemone blatently scripting in the same location on many shards, both Trammel and Felucca? Well It only took 10 seconds to find out because I went to the Painted Caves on Atlantic. It was exactly as described, characters in a Darkwood suit using a Soulseeker. They always go stand in the same spot. They run out every couple minutes when loaded with gold. They don't react to being killed. The same characters are there this morning that we killed last night.

Why aren't they being dealt with? The problem is that the person(s) controlling all these characters are able to respond when something happens. So if they get killed they run out a few moments later. If a Gamemaster asks if they are there they respond. But this is clearly an illegal scripting operation because it happens on several shards simultaneously and everything is the same. if a Gamemaster was not restricted by a handbook then they would easily be able to confirm that this is happening on many shards and is an obvious scripter operation.

If you see them in Felucca make sure you get them killed either by luring down the named monsters or using a murderer. In Trammel you can't do anything because luring is illegal.
Oceania is rife whit this sort of action so sad to see GM's do not respond:eek:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you don't like cheaters so much, find a new game

That's exactly what most players have done.

The reason why you have to click everything five thousand times is because of the cheaters. It's a double edged sword and either way the honest player gets screwed. Which is why there's nothing left in this game but a bunch of cheaters and their customers.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with them selling scripts is...By offering scripts they make them legal and people will just find a way to sell them cheaper so there is no money to be made for uo.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we not turn this into a debate on whether scripting should be allowed or not? Thanks.

They are being disrupted so much in Felucca now that I barely ever see them. In Trammel they are also having a difficult time because I keep luring away the Trogs before they get a chance to attack. One of them accidently was hitting their "check 1000000" macro a few times. Why would any normal player have that macroed? Tomorrow I will probably figure out where their recall in spots are and stick a couple hidden characters on them.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... in response to person who mentioned that wisps in prism of light no longer have gold bc of this person... YEP... I totally forgot that one heh.

The sad part about all this is that the way EA is currently handling this means nothing will be done about this character. No matter how obvious it is that he's scripting they haven't taken any action and I KNOW he's been paged on personally......(lol probably 100 times over the years)

Anyway... I think the only thing that can really be done by us is to get enough people paging 24/7 that it makes it worth EA's time to actually do soemthing. It seems to be that he who cries loudest on stratics wins....

Henceforth.... I dub this person

PAINTED CAVES GOLD FARMER

pls. use that title in all your GM pages so we can get the point accross to EA that on 14+ shards 24/7 ea. person paging them about this is referring to the same person etc. ah well..... Keep killing him, blocking him, lurring on him.. etc etc etc...

oh yeah... so after timing him killing Trogs for a bit I can pretty much estimate that he's making about 140k / HR on ea. character. That's 2 characters per shard over 14 different shards, which is just about 4,000,000 gold / HR Farmed... I'll keep a running total..

05 / 15 / 2008 7:15 AM = 0 Gold ---Watch it grow!----

Status
Not open for further replies.